Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice on the Laws of the Game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Not so much lotg help I'm looking for but I was wondering if you could enlighten me because the FAI are no help.

Right so I did my beginners course last September and received a license valid until this December. What happens then? Do I have to do another course? The license is at "introductory level". How many levels are there and how do you move up? Also, how important are those reffing modules? - I missed one recently.

Any help appreciated.
    "If you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime,"
    “Crikey, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea,"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Ref.... whats the ruling on penalty kicks has ball to be placed on spot.. at a game recently and player complained penalty spot was in a hole and tried to move ball to side of penalty spot.. ref warned him he would be booked if he did not take kick with ball on penalty spot... i always thought you could move ball sideways or behind spot

" football is a simple game "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Penalty spot

Hey Old Git, apparently it does not matter the condition of the penalty spot. Even if the hole is full of water that is where the penalty is taken from. If the penalty spot is not marked out, then the ref will usually use common sense (in most cases) and pick his own spot.
    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,” Dr. Who

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subprime View Post
    Hey Old Git, apparently it does not matter the condition of the penalty spot. Even if the hole is full of water that is where the penalty is taken from. If the penalty spot is not marked out, then the ref will usually use common sense (in most cases) and pick his own spot.
    thanks subprime ... but would common sense from ref not apply to state of penalty spot also ,,,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subprime View Post
    thanks subprime ... but would common sense from ref not apply to state /condition of penalty spot also ,,,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hi old git, apparently law 18 in theory does not cover it, but refs are always split on everything and just depends on the ref on the day, that's why we rarely mark out the penalty spot.
    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views,” Dr. Who

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Penalty shoot-out
    Our U19 girls team reached the plate final in the San Marino tournement but lost on penalties. One of our girl's penalty in the shoot out, the keeper saved it on the line but the power of the shot the ball went over the line and the linesman flagged that the ball was over the line but the referee deemed that the penalty was saved and we lost the penalty shoot out. The referee told our manager after the game that was the law.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Round Tower View Post
    Penalty shoot-out
    Our U19 girls team reached the plate final in the San Marino tournement but lost on penalties. One of our girl's penalty in the shoot out, the keeper saved it on the line but the power of the shot the ball went over the line and the linesman flagged that the ball was over the line but the referee deemed that the penalty was saved and we lost the penalty shoot out. The referee told our manager after the game that was the law.
    Ref was wrong.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    This a good one for the REF,luckily enough for the ref it did not affevt the resault. Our opposition scored a goal at start secound half but there was a hole in the net,the ref did not signal the goal so we took a kick out and went up and scored. The opposition complained about their goal that was not given, the ref inquired off our keeper about the goal was it or not. He then gave their goal and disalowed ours, it did not matter in the end as we won 8-1 final score including the controversial goal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    This one is simple enough...............The Referee was wrong. From the outset he should of checked the nets at the beginning of the game and before the start of the second half to ensure that they were ok. Regarding the goal, at least he had the courage to change his decision but unfortunately as play had restarted with a goal kick after the ball went through the net, then technically he cannot alter his decision. Luckily as you say, the result was not affected..............

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts
    The Argentina goal v Ireland, you can not be offside from a goal-kick, I never knew that. Surely, a goal-kick is a re-start of the game like a free kick is. If that is the case, why don't teams just push players as high up as possible to the opposition goal and boot the ball up the them. I think it is an odd rule, what is the reason for this ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    And I suppose you knew you couldn't be offside from a throw in....it's the exact same thing anything that involves a restart when the ball has crossed the endlines or sidelines I.e throw in corner kick and goal kick you cannot be offside from. :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    And u can't be offside from a corner kick either. You are right, why don't teams push up when a goal kick is being taken? They'll stand at the half way because defenders have pushed out and players think they will be offside!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    hi ref,
    quick question for you.we played a match today where the referee refused to toss a coin at the start to see who would have choice of ends and gave the home team the advantage of playing down the hill with the wind,any thoughts on this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Was it a friendly you were playing? Did ref just get the game going? We had that in one of our friendlies lately, ref just said stay as you are and other team kick off and no one complained about it. If that is the only complaint you have about him you're lucky.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    no it was a league match.and as i said there is a significant hill which we wanted to play down as well.the ref refused to toss the coin and said that was his decision and to get on with it.and unfortunatly its not the only complaint we have but i dont want to have a big rant about his overall performance just the basic right to a coin toss and be treated equally and impartially

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    "A coin is tossed and the team that wins the toss decides which goal it will
    attack in the first half of the match." Basic rule of the game, too bad you got a ref that does not read the rules and implement them as he is required to do. Write a letter to his assessor and ask the question and name the ref - "you were just wondering blah blah"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    for the referee
    well ref any thoughts about my previous enquiry on the coin toss which my team encountered?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Hi Ref,

Just wondering is there any system in place throughout the junior leagues whereby they assess the competence of a given referee to enforce the rules of the game correctly and to ensure the safety of all players on the pitch?

Thanks.
    "Joe Jordan is off to watch Young Boys tomorrow" Ian Darke

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    they have assessors you can write to but don't forget that under the laws of the game

A referee (or where applicable, an assistant referee or fourth offi cial) is not held
    liable for:
    any kind of injury suffered by a player, official or spectator

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast