Page 16 of 118 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Season, Arrivals and Departures

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Congratulations to Shelbourne on their league title win !
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Keith Ward joined Shelbourne aswell….
    These may cancel each other out.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

2. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Gannon should be useful for Shels. Did petty well as the RCB in a back 3 for us but just wasn't better than other options. Not great at wingback but I'm sure he'd love to get back to RB if they switched to a back 4. The man wins leagues.

Rooney to bohs is disappointing. Good signing.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Polar opposite signings there by duffer for shels. One has got more league titles than pats,the other....likes breakfast rolls

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Good signing for them, can only assume none of the top half clubs were interested in him surprisingly. Begs the question for Bohs though in terms of wingers, which one of, Connolly, Grant or Rooney sits on the bench? All 3 are surely good enough to be starters for them
    Grant hasn't showed much so far, hoping a full pre-season will help him. Rooney is a big improvement on McDaid and Twardek at least.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Major Pats signing announcment scheduled for tomorrow. Indo are reporting it’s Ruairi Keating.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,083 Posts
    Life is a rollercoaster for him lately.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts
    hmmm. lot of bodies up top for pats? must be expecting melia to go in the summer?. Keats was great for us this year gave us a fighting chance. Good luck to the fella he had a very tough year off the pitch but never shirked his responsibility when he played. One thing I will say is that he is pretty effective at playing on the counter or chasing balls into the channels. pats will be a strong team who youd assume will boss possession in a lot of games next year. I think he might struggle a bit.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsdad View Post
    Major Pats signing announcment scheduled for tomorrow. Indo are reporting it’s Ruairi Keating.
    Happy days! Dan McDonnell’s article stated the contract extension he signed in July had a get out of jail free card if Cork went down so he won’t cost Pats a penny in a transfer fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    hmmm. lot of bodies up top for pats? must be expecting melia to go in the summer?. Keats was great for us this year gave us a fighting chance. Good luck to the fella he had a very tough year off the pitch but never shirked his responsibility when he played. One thing I will say is that he is pretty effective at playing on the counter or chasing balls into the channels. pats will be a strong team who youd assume will boss possession in a lot of games next year. I think he might struggle a bit.
    Eoin Doyle retired in July and was never replaced, while Carty is gone back to Bolton and has been replaced by Cian Kavanagh. Melia has been used almost exclusively on the left wing when he’s played so that leaves Keating, Kavanagh and Lonergan as the options up top which matches the number of options from this year
    Paaatrick's Agletic

10. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    It’s just 2 replacements - Keating (if the Indo are right) for Carty whose loan from Bolton is up, and Kavanagh for Doyle who’s signed for an American club. Add Lonergan, Melia, Mulraney and Nolan and is 6 players for the front 3 positions which is ideal. Melia is definitely going nowhere, his family agreed with the club that his best interests are served by staying with Pats at least till he’s 18 and he’s just signed a 3-year deal

12. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Polar opposite signings there by duffer for shels. One has got more league titles than pats,the other....likes breakfast rolls
    Ward is a good signing for Shels.can unlock defences last 20 mins games.
    Was good any time he came on for us this season and we missed him when he was injured
    Big miss around the dressing room aswell

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsdad View Post
    His signing would be a huge statement of intent for 24. It would be great if we could create a proper title race with Rovers & perhaps Derry aswell.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    It’s hoban

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    I'm wary of getting too carried away with Keating given we've had many a sure-fire hit go down like a lead balloon and after having a largely underwhelming career he's suddenly just clicked in the last couple of seasons, but it's definitely a big deal and potentially a game-changer if he can carry over his form from this year.

17. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    If pats have signed both hoban and Keating then they are (a) serious about winning the title and (b) have money to throw around.
    If it's only hoban then it's not a signing I'd worry about as a Rovers fan.
    Pat's threw money at Jack Byrne,which, had he accepted,would have posed a real challenge to Rovers 5 in a row. I'm still not unduly concerned but clearly pats are serious about improving their team and are getting their business done nice and early,which makes a lot of sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    If pats have signed both hoban and Keating then they are (a) serious about winning the title and (b) have money to throw around.
    If it's only hoban then it's not a signing I'd worry about as a Rovers fan.
    Pat's threw money at Jack Byrne,which, had he accepted,would have posed a real challenge to Rovers 5 in a row. I'm still not unduly concerned but clearly pats are serious about improving their team and are getting their business done nice and early,which makes a lot of sense.
    I’m happy enough we didn’t sign Byrne. I know Rovers fans are saying we were throwing money at him, I wonder how much truth there is in that. Wouldn’t see himself and Forrestor in the same team, and I’d prefer Chris. I can’t see us signing both Keating and Hoban, I’ve seen both rumoured, so we’ll see. I think I’d take Keating of the two. Not long to wait for the announcement anyway. Supposed to be at 12.

And just on Mason Melia, he is still only 16, so I’d imagine he might be used sparingly.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts
    Keating confirmed. Good news.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    370 Posts
    Usher telling the Cork fans there would be no more clauses in contracts and then their best player leaving for free with a clause in his contract doesn’t seem great……
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Keating confirmed. Good news.
    Great to see us doing our business so quick. It looks like Daly is eager to hit the ground running next season. The next big signing will be a RB to replace Curtis and I’d love Daly to bring in a backup LB to help Breslin out. At CB & CM we are looking solid.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    208 Posts
    Daniel Okwute is the latest Kerry player to re-sign - truth be told, the elephants in the room remain Gaxha and Kevin Williams, with their contracts expiring at the end of the month.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    I'm wary of getting too carried away with Keating given we've had many a sure-fire hit go down like a lead balloon and after having a largely underwhelming career he's suddenly just clicked in the last couple of seasons, but it's definitely a big deal and potentially a game-changer if he can carry over his form from this year.
    It kind of strikes me as similar to when you signed Dinny. Bit of a gamble but one worth taking in a league where goal scorers are few and far between. The only difference is you don't have that established goal scorer that you had with Fagan when you signed Dinny. But looking around the league who has great options at striker? Rovers with Gaffney and Johnny Kenny would be up there but I assume Kenny is on the way back to Celtic, Bohs with Afolabi and Dean Williams maybe as well but it's very likely that Afolabi will be Championship bound in the new year. Shels had to move Moylan to striker, Dundalk had Hoban but he's on the market now. I actually couldn't name Derry's main striker and I'd say it's somewhere they'll look to improve in the off season. Keating is probably the free agent with the most upside in a pretty bare market.

25. Thanks From: