Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Treaty in for Treat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    332 Posts

Treaty in for Treat

Treaty have been bought over it seems as reported by the 42.

https://x.com/davidsneyd/status/1712...804630142?s=46

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    According to the Irish Examiner Treaty United and Drogheda United latest LOI clubs to confirm takeovers

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/...-41246326.html

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    US investment firm set to take over Drogheda United

In a statement published on the club website, Drogheda said: "Post-acquisition, Trivela Group plans to;

a) Increase investment,
    b) Implement a comprehensive long-term plan,
    c) Plan to fully professionalise the sporting department,
    d) Increase the overall fan experience at Weavers Park in the short term,
    e) Begin discussions around a new stadium for Drogheda United FC for the long term.

Have we heard all this before!

I have to be positive when you have outside investment interest in any domestic soccer here, because the Government have no interest unless its of an International Event!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    "begin discussions around a new stadium" ?

Have they already outgrown the one Delaney announced as a done deal more than five years ago?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nr637 View Post
    US investment firm set to take over Drogheda United

In a statement published on the club website, Drogheda said: "Post-acquisition, Trivela Group plans to;

a) Increase investment,
    b) Implement a comprehensive long-term plan,
    c) Plan to fully professionalise the sporting department,
    d) Increase the overall fan experience at Weavers Park in the short term,
    e) Begin discussions around a new stadium for Drogheda United FC for the long term.

Have we heard all this before!

I have to be positive when you have outside investment interest in any domestic soccer here, because the Government have no interest unless its of an International Event!
    Firstly, where are all the 'will end in tears' mystic megs? Secondly that Pie in the Sky Park MkIIII was never actually agreed beyond LCC giving the plot of land and some plans drawn up by the club. Was never a municipal facility. It may even have been part of a land swap for United Park but maybe Im merging all these plans in to one or 2 memories at ths stage.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Jeez, even a token Treaty thread has become a Drogheda discussion. Sums it up well, senior ball excitement levels in Limerick at the moment.

Can whoever is about to throw money at this find a way to use the word Limerick would be my first request.
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    586 Posts
    Treaty news a bit out of left field! Wonder much investment we can expect, not finding much info on Tricorps beyond the news reports and their website. Also is it the best idea for the CEO/minority stakeholder to be a member of one of the squads?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Jeez, even a token Treaty thread has become a Drogheda discussion. Sums it up well, senior ball excitement levels in Limerick at the moment.

Can whoever is about to throw money at this find a way to use the word Limerick would be my first request.
    Ah yes, a niche forum is the ultimate indicator of interest.

There hasn't been a thread about Limerick Junior on the Junior forum in years, fwiw

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    Treaty news a bit out of left field! Wonder much investment we can expect, not finding much info on Tricorps beyond the news reports and their website. Also is it the best idea for the CEO/minority stakeholder to be a member of one of the squads?
    She only played a handful of games at the start. I'd say a lot of her presence was to bed in Canadians coming over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Ah yes, a niche forum is the ultimate indicator of interest.

There hasn't been a thread about Limerick Junior on the Junior forum in years, fwiw
    Bit of a tone ? Bit touchy today ?

Club support always had a presence here when allowed with plenty posters on here generally and even its own forum also for a bit, none of which are the case at present. Also, outside of here isn't it the only club not feeling the attendance growth across the league ?

Anyway, cautious welcome for this news and wonder what it will mean for the Tommy Barrett come next season, it'd be interesting to see him operate with a bit of budget I think.
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Bit of a tone ? Bit touchy today ?

Club support always had a presence here when allowed with plenty posters on here generally and even its own forum also for a bit, none of which are the case at present. Also, outside of here isn't it the only club not feeling the attendance growth across the league ?

Anyway, cautious welcome for this news and wonder what it will mean for the Tommy Barrett come next season, it'd be interesting to see him operate with a bit of budget I think.
    Not intended, apologies.

I miss greater Limerick presence on here but found certain sub forums (like the Junior one) have died off and some people given it up. I think covid and the year off of Limerick football has a role to play and likewise with Treaty attendances.

It's up to the club now to try and re-engage people who might have fallen off the wagon and get more floating fans to reach levels achieved by other clubs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    Would having Limerick in your team name be important for people down there? Personally I’d have thought it would be a much better idea to have in there somewhere but not sure if the Treaty name has now stuck for the hardcore…..
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Not intended, apologies.

I miss greater Limerick presence on here but found certain sub forums (like the Junior one) have died off and some people given it up. I think covid and the year off of Limerick football has a role to play and likewise with Treaty attendances.

It's up to the club now to try and re-engage people who might have fallen off the wagon and get more floating fans to reach levels achieved by other clubs.
    Yer grand.

It is missed yes and I assumed they were all just gathered elsewhere online and I hadn't located it, but not the case no ? Everyone and all clubs faced covid though so I dunno.

Also with players from all over Ireland now representing the national team, the city or county doesn't have that to cheer, considering it was such a talent hotbed at Junior level and players from the regions started to come through at international level, you kind of assumed a Limerick one ( at least ) would come and it hasn't. There aren't even that many journeymen lower league lads in the UK to keep an eye on.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Would having Limerick in your team name be important for people down there? Personally I’d have thought it would be a much better idea to have in there somewhere but not sure if the Treaty name has now stuck for the hardcore…..
    If these guys are trying to create a strong football 'brand', it would be absoutelymcriminal to not use the name Limerick when doing so.

Limerick is a well-recognised name internationally (as much to do with poems as anytuing else). If you ask someone in Europe where a team called Treaty United play, they'd probably guess they're Amerfican. But most will know where Limerick is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    I would have a preference for it yes. Wouldn't stop me supporting & it won't magically fix things if they revert to it ( any more than moving back to the Markets Field fixed things ) but its a Limerick side and should be called that I think.

16. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    I would have a preference for it yes. Wouldn't stop me supporting & it won't magically fix things if they revert to it ( any more than moving back to the Markets Field fixed things ) but its a Limerick side and should be called that I think.
    Agree with CTP. I probably would prefer Limerick but not overly bothered, can see why others would pine for it.

The Markets Field comment is a good one. I spoke to someone recently who said that people would say they'd come back and support Limerick when they were in the Markets Field. Similarly you have people saying same about the name.

Winning helps though.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    655 Posts
    The only reason Treaty didnt use the name Limerick was becasue they "aledgedly" were threatened with legal action by someone who said he owned the Limerick name.
    The case would have been laughed out of court imho but Treaty didnt want to waste money they didnt have.
    Hopefully the new Investors bite the bullet and go with Limerick Utd, or City , or Rovers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Heard the same lad asserted his rights over the colour blue as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    Name change likely for 2025.

Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts
    I spoke to someone recently who said that people would say they'd come back and support Limerick when they were in the Markets Field. Similarly you have people saying same about the name.

Winning helps though.
    Gobsh!tes will always have an excuse to blame someone else for them not supportinng their local team.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast