Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1238

Thread: Troy Parrott F Excelsior Rotterdam (loan from Spurs) b.2002

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    Nice goal tbf. Similar to Idah's goal against NZ in a way - cool, calm and confident finish. Good to see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,323 Posts
    Parrott's goal at 2:40 and his assist at 6:35 in the video below
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

3. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts

Nice finish and moves him to joint top scorer for Excelsior with 5 goals.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,244 Posts
    Some turnaround after that - 2-0 up after 13 minutes, but they had a player sent off midway through the first half and ultimately lost 4-2.

Eight league games without a win now, but at least Parrott's starting games. Was worried he'd been signed as back-up given Olé Olé's suggestion on the previous page. And he's scored more than their top scorer last season already.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    Good to see him playing and scoring a few goals. His return is decent in terms of minutes per goal also. Probably still needs to be taken in the context of the strength of that league all the same. The top scorer in the division has 18 goals (compared to Troy's five) and is only a few months older than him.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/d...ie/top-scorers
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Good to see him playing and scoring a few goals. His return is decent in terms of minutes per goal also. Probably still needs to be taken in the context of the strength of that league all the same. The top scorer in the division has 18 goals (compared to Troy's five) and is only a few months older than him.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/d...ie/top-scorers
    Could also take into context the quality of team the two players play in and that Parrott has only roughly 400 minutes compared to Gimenez’s 1200.

8. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAD View Post
    Could also take into context the quality of team the two players play in and that Parrott has only roughly 400 minutes compared to Gimenez’s 1200.
    There is a big gap in quality between Feyenoord and Excelsior - put Parrott in the Feyenoord team and he would have at least double what he has at the moment.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    207 Posts
    Interestingly David Connolly scored 42 goals in 48 appearances whilst on loan there. A much better scoring rate than he manages at Feyenoord, but I think he was playing in the second tier at the time.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by third policeman View Post
    Interestingly David Connolly scored 42 goals in 48 appearances whilst on loan there. A much better scoring rate than he manages at Feyenoord, but I think he was playing in the second tier at the time.
    Yes they were in the second tier at the time - the got promoted in 2002. Connolly scored 7 goals in 25 games for Feyenoord over the 4 seasons he was there (when he wasn't out on loan) before joining Wimbledon.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Started and played full 120 mins for Excelsior in the Dutch cup last night away to 3rd tier team Spakenburg, who made semi finals last year. Looking at Excelsior's twitter he seems to have had a busy game. He got an assist, was involved in forcing an OG for the equalizer at 2-2 but also came up short a good few times with shots and efforts which didn't come off. Game was 2-2 after 90 and went to ET where Agrafiotis got the winner for Excelsior.
    Last edited by OMTY; 20/12/2023 at 9:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OMTY View Post
    Started and played full 120 mins for Excelsior in the Dutch cup last night away to 3rd tier team Spakenburg, who made semi finals last year.
    Had never heard of Spakenburg and nerd that I am, I had to google them.

They're an amateur side!
    https://www.dutchnews.nl/2023/03/ama...-football-cup/

I know there's never been huge depth in Dutch football, but I assumed that all third tier teams would be semi-pro, at least.

EDIT: And even more bizarre: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/24/s...therlands.html
    Last edited by EalingGreen; 20/12/2023 at 12:51 PM.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    858 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EalingGreen View Post
    Had never heard of Spakenburg and nerd that I am, I had to google them.

They're an amateur side!
    https://www.dutchnews.nl/2023/03/ama...-football-cup/

I know there's never been huge depth in Dutch football, but I assumed that all third tier teams would be semi-pro, at least.

EDIT: And even more bizarre: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/24/s...therlands.html
    The FA Cup in England has a long history of lower league/ non league clubs causing upsets so it happening in the Dutch League isnt all that surprising either. One off games where the superior team takes it lightly and get caught by the weaker one is part of the beauty of sport!

I read that Parrott had 10 shots on goal in this game, and his manager has already been onto him that he needs to start converting more chances. I suppose the positive is that hes getting into scoring positions regularly, and if he could start converting more he could have good 2nd half to season.
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    The FA Cup in England has a long history of lower league/ non league clubs causing upsets so it happening in the Dutch League isnt all that surprising either. One off games where the superior team takes it lightly and get caught by the weaker one is part of the beauty of sport!
    Aye, but "non-league" in England does not equal Amateur.

I mean, virtually all of the teams in the National League(5th tier) are f-t professional, and and a few in the two 6th tier divisions. While players down as far as the 7th and 8th tiers (maybe even the 9th?) are also pocketing a few quid.

Of course the competition is open to clubs as far down as the 10th tier, some of whom may be strictly Amateur, but I can't remember when one of those got as far as even the 1st Round proper, never mind deeper into the competition, and certainly not beating f-t professional clubs of the calibre of some of those Spakenburg have beaten.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    858 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EalingGreen View Post
    Aye, but "non-league" in England does not equal Amateur.

I mean, virtually all of the teams in the National League(5th tier) are f-t professional, and and a few in the two 6th tier divisions. While players down as far as the 7th and 8th tiers (maybe even the 9th?) are also pocketing a few quid.

Of course the competition is open to clubs as far down as the 10th tier, some of whom may be strictly Amateur, but I can't remember when one of those got as far as even the 1st Round proper, never mind deeper into the competition, and certainly not beating f-t professional clubs of the calibre of some of those Spakenburg have beaten.
    It's a cup game, sh1t happens. It's not deep

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    564 Posts
    So Spakenburg sometimes Spank !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,244 Posts
    Has Excelsior on track for their first league run since early October; scored the second at home to Heerenveen and they're 3-0 up now

Edit - hit the woodwork and got an assist for the opener; solid evening's work which lifts them from one place outside the relegation playoffs up to one place outside the European playoffs in one go
    Last edited by pineapple stu; 19/01/2024 at 9:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,244 Posts
    Scores again tonight, though a poor defeat for the side and they're quickly slipping down a very tight table again. Seventh of the season; 4 in his last 8

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts

Sneyd also mentions that Feyenoord and AZ Alkmaar are also showing some interest.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    858 Posts
    Would love him to stay in that league. Suits his game more than the physicality of the Championship

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    Would love him to stay in that league. Suits his game more than the physicality of the Championship
    If it's for one of those teams or a team that qualifies for the Europa League then I'd like him to stay in Holland. If not it would be interesting to see if he has interest from other European leagues. Alasdair Gold did say two weeks ago that theirs growing interest for him with Serie A clubs.

Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast