Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: LoI Fixture 6-7 April

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buzz442 View Post
    but saying he kicked Hery is complete rubbish. He was trying to recover the ball with his leg and caught Hery, theres a massive difference
    Eh, no.

It is a foul of a player does and doesn't connect with the ball. Foot made contact with player rather than the ball and therefore it's considered kicking.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GCdfc View Post
    Eh, no.

It is a foul of a player does and doesn't connect with the ball. Foot made contact with player rather than the ball and therefore it's considered kicking.
    Seeing that Caulfield had no business being on the field of play, the contact with Hery can only be construed as being violent.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    671 Posts
    Handbags if the managers weren't involved it would be a standard pushing and shoving contest. Can't see long bans but it will be sorted in next few days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    McNulty looks like he landed a good one on Hery.

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    How were all the other games? Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post
    Are you stuck in a sand pit?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post
    Well, I enjoyed our 5-0 victory over Bray, but carry on....��
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    671 Posts
    I enjoyed the under 15s beating longfords 9 nil last night kind of brought me from 100% depressed to about 50 % ....I'm never much better then that

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GCdfc View Post
    Are you stuck in a sand pit?
    No, just thought we were hogging the thread a bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    909 Posts
    I hope Dave Barry is one of the pundits on Soccer Republic tomorrow! We are all going to defend what our own club, players, and managers do as much as possible. There are times when ye cringe, like Stephen Kenny isnt really the master of mind games so shouldnt bother. the won it in talla poster while nothing to do with Dundalk FC had every Dundalk fan groan. Drogheda fans were mixed on the billboards taken out in Dundalk in 2007 in the belief that they should be focusing on their own clubs (first) title rather than thinking of Dundalk. Mark McNulty the same no matter how much it was claimed it was all a laugh...Kenny talking about insulting former Dundalk greats in response was another groan moment as saying nothing would have been best and let the antics of McNulty speak for themself. This time round, while its is laudible how players ran to the defence of their manager, there should be less of the defence of Caulfield among Cork fans. He didnt dart out on the pitch to catch a ball to get the game going again, he went out on to the pitch and effectively tackled a player to get the ball. Whether it ended up being a kick or not meh, he didnt go out to kick Hery (though I can see him thinking if he gets the ball and connects with the player too then that ok). He didnt give Hery a major shove but he did have his hands on him when trying to get the ball and Hery responded with a push. Caulfield was off balance so what should have been a 'back off' shove ened up knocking the manager over. Not seeing the prelude to how JC ended on his ass the Cork players reaction of charging to his defence was kind of ok imo. It is petty though to start claiming bans for one side will have a greater impact than another even if that might actually be the case. To also then claim that the (Cork) players banned will suit as it forces preferred team selection is also verging on the ridiculous. The amount of video evidence and pictures means there is unlikely to be any grey areas, even the photo above of McNulty landing a nice one on Hery could be used as evidence of violent conduct. I think Cork fans shouldnt really be dismissing this as a to do about nothing. If even Caulfield is saying he shouldnt have done what he did then maybe some appropriate reaction would be 'he lost the head and he was idiotic, he shouldnt have been pushed by Hery either but Hery will be called out on that. The rest of the handbags stuff that developed after that is understandable bar what continued toward the tunnel.

In fear of being accused of being obsessed by Mark McNulty - how fast is the chap??

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I enjoyed the under 15s beating longfords 9 nil last night kind of brought me from 100% depressed to about 50 % ....I'm never much better then that
    \

That team should be matured and ready for league domination in about 7 or 8 years time. I bet Bradser is eagerly looking forward to that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Bolger is doing his Leaving Cert so hasn't been involved much as that's more important.
    I noticed Aaron Bolger was on the bench in Oriel and also last week against Sligo - there is hardly much difference in study time being on the subs bench as opposed to playing - unless he take his school books into the dugout

Does he also play for the under19's or has he been excused this to allow for Leaving Cert study?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    671 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    \

That team should be matured and ready for league domination in about 7 or 8 years time. I bet Bradser is eagerly looking forward to that
    As are we all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    671 Posts
    I noticed Aaron Bolger was on the bench in Oriel and also last week against Sligo - there is hardly much difference in study time being on the subs bench as opposed to playing - unless he take his school books into the dugout

Does he also play for the under19's or has he been excused this to allow for Leaving Cert study?
    He played for the 19s yesterday but I'm assuming he isn't training full time. Tbf Finn and Bolger played well on Friday. He will get his chance either soon or after the leaving cert in June.
    Last edited by sbgawa; 08/04/2018 at 4:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    671 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    I hope Dave Barry is one of the pundits on Soccer Republic tomorrow! We are all going to defend what our own club, players, and managers do as much as possible. There are times when ye cringe, like Stephen Kenny isnt really the master of mind games so shouldnt bother. the won it in talla poster while nothing to do with Dundalk FC had every Dundalk fan groan. Drogheda fans were mixed on the billboards taken out in Dundalk in 2007 in the belief that they should be focusing on their own clubs (first) title rather than thinking of Dundalk. Mark McNulty the same no matter how much it was claimed it was all a laugh...Kenny talking about insulting former Dundalk greats in response was another groan moment as saying nothing would have been best and let the antics of McNulty speak for themself. This time round, while its is laudible how players ran to the defence of their manager, there should be less of the defence of Caulfield among Cork fans. He didnt dart out on the pitch to catch a ball to get the game going again, he went out on to the pitch and effectively tackled a player to get the ball. Whether it ended up being a kick or not meh, he didnt go out to kick Hery (though I can see him thinking if he gets the ball and connects with the player too then that ok). He didnt give Hery a major shove but he did have his hands on him when trying to get the ball and Hery responded with a push. Caulfield was off balance so what should have been a 'back off' shove ened up knocking the manager over. Not seeing the prelude to how JC ended on his ass the Cork players reaction of charging to his defence was kind of ok imo. It is petty though to start claiming bans for one side will have a greater impact than another even if that might actually be the case. To also then claim that the (Cork) players banned will suit as it forces preferred team selection is also verging on the ridiculous. The amount of video evidence and pictures means there is unlikely to be any grey areas, even the photo above of McNulty landing a nice one on Hery could be used as evidence of violent conduct. I think Cork fans shouldnt really be dismissing this as a to do about nothing. If even Caulfield is saying he shouldnt have done what he did then maybe some appropriate reaction would be 'he lost the head and he was idiotic, he shouldnt have been pushed by Hery either but Hery will be called out on that. The rest of the handbags stuff that developed after that is understandable bar what continued toward the tunnel.

In fear of being accused of being obsessed by Mark McNulty - how fast is the chap??
    Actually can already hear Dave Barry....."if hery had left the ball alone nothing would have happened "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    \

As are we all
    I recall you previously said that Bradser was involved in training the under age lads

Do you think will he get a new contract if the u-15's win their league

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    671 Posts
    Yawn yawn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Yawn yawn
    Is the penny dropping with you that any under-age success that might occur at Rovers will not be of any help to Bradley keeping his job if he finishes outside the European places?

If the team is out of league contention by the middle of June, he might not even get the chance to finish out the season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    671 Posts
    Oh yes I always thought if the under 15s won the league it wouldn't matter about the first team..
    Yawn yawn yawn lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buzz442 View Post
    although that depends on whether they see Caulfield's actions as contributing to what then happened afterwards
    Seriously is that even in question? You're wondering if Caulfield's actions contributed to Hery pushing him that caused a melee? I give up.

One thing is for sure, the suspensions handed out will be as varying and bewildering as the opinions on here

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast