Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: LoI Fixture 6-7 April

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Ahh lads we're bringing the thread into disrepute here, we need at least 5 more pages on the varying degrees of assault performed by Hery/Caulfield (Cross out whichever one doesn't suit your narrative).
    Mon the Town!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Soooo, the FAI deem that JCs part was not as serious as Herys. Exactly as City fans have been saying. The bull spewed by Dundalk/Waterford/Limerick fans has been something else. Take the blinkers off boys and don't let your Caulfield hate influence your sense of reason. Ye might not look so silly on here then. Lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Even the mighty FAI are fallible. Who would have thought it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc View Post
    Soooo, the FAI deem that JCs part was not as serious as Herys. Exactly as City fans have been saying. The bull spewed by Dundalk/Waterford/Limerick fans has been something else. Take the blinkers off boys and don't let your Caulfield hate influence your sense of reason. Ye might not look so silly on here then. Lol.
    Cork fan lauding the FAI's good sense of judgement and fair play!! See how much they have in common - FAI are all Cork City and visa versa, enough credit is just not going to other clubs so much so that that the team above Cork have been weakened by an FAI decision....biased and a pro-Cork conspiracy!!!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    164 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArFella View Post
    Well I'd agree that Cork is the Philadelphia of Ireland; Irritating fans, everyone hates them, not much history
    And Pennsylvania waved the anti-slavery Union flag.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Real ale Madrid View Post
    St. Patrick's Athletic - Oakland Raiders - Coach / manager has great hair.
    😄😄. Yep, Bucko certainly wins best managerial hair in the league.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    164 Posts
    It's gas all the fuss about this brawl around the country. Happens every week in GAA and is sorted with two yellow cards and a throw ball, yet I've seen GAA-type moral bastions shocked and appalled by what children had to witness last week!

Aborah is a mentallist He's extremely hotheaded so something like this was bound to happen eventually. He should never have been let slip away from the bench to have a go at Buckley. But then it was sorted and he was taken to the dressing room where he could've had a retrospective red card after the game if common sense was used. Instead, our local fourth official called him back out insisting he had to stay on the bench. Then the ref red carded him and Stanley lost it chasing after him. All things considered, six games is what's in the rulebook for that. Shame to lose him. I genuinely think he's the best player in the league.

I had a strong suspicion that both managers would get the same punishment, which is farcical. Rennie's sin was to try to kick the ball that landed in the dugout and miss it! If he'd kicked it away, there probably wouldn't have been as big a deal. From then on, he was a peacemaker in the situation as an ex Cork coach and was even very supportive of Caulfield in his interviews. Caulfield had been out of his area literally over a dozen times, though I doubt it was the twenty times that some said. I'm told he does it very politely though telling the fourth official that he didn't mean it haha so they never get angry with him. Eventually he ran on the pitch and tackled Hery. He accidentally kicked Hery - certainly not deliberate - and Hery (who is the most laid back character ever) lashed out. Hery had been pushed to the ground a minute earlier and the ref ignored it so he was probably brewing. Caulfield waving for yellow cards and then instructing Cork not to return the ball after a throw-in added to the atmosphere. I'd have expected him to do that in the situation, but it was classless. I would've hoped the extenuating circumstances would be taken into account for Hery, but it's no surprise with the FAI.

Beattie's four games for a flying punch seems fair too and Buckley's three for hair-pulling, but how McNulty got away with punching Hery and then dragging him by his hair like a sissy is amazing. I think most the suspensions were fair, but honestly think Caulfield should've got a long ban for inciting the whole thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Hery was not pushed to the ground. He went down like a sack of bricks trying to get Shep sent off. Right in front of us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    As I said previously, I think for the players it was probably expected bans, maybe not for Aborah though, 6 is still a bit harsh.

Still think Caulfield should consider himself extremely fortunate only getting a one game ban, as he effectively started the whole thing.
    Last edited by oriel; 13/04/2018 at 7:59 AM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Hery was not pushed to the ground. He went down like a sack of bricks trying to get Shep sent off. Right in front of us.
    Unlike Caulfield's comical stumble and slink away. The back page of the papers today have a picture of McNulty punching Hery in the face. Cork have gotten off very lightly in this whole situation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Unlike Caulfield's comical stumble and slink away. The back page of the papers today have a picture of McNulty punching Hery in the face. Cork have gotten off very lightly in this whole situation
    Caulfield was pushed. I don't think anyone thinks he went down easy or anything. Hery ran past Sheppard from behind and tried to make it look like hed been hit. This was about a minute before the brawl
    I've seen that photo, and McNulty appears to be very lucky the ref didn't see it. Maybe theres video footage that makes it look better, I don't know. But that photo is pretty damning.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    As I said previously, I think for the players it was probably expected bans, maybe not for Aborah though, 6 is still a bit harsh.

Still think Caulfield should consider himself extremely fortunate only getting a one game ban, as he effectively started the whole thing.
    I think Aborah's ban was for a combination of offences including stuff that happened in the tunnel afterwards with Buckley. He also went for the referee which didn't go down well.
    The rest can have little complaint.
    JC was reported for encroachment hence the one match ban.
    I haven't seen the McNulty photo but by all accounts he was very lucky it wasn't spotted.

As to where it all started ?
    It started in the Waterford dugout when the ball was slapped out of Griffin's hands probably by Reynolds which is why he got a ban.
    Hery then kicked the ball out into the pitch which is where JC came in & tried to grab the ball back.
    Hery then turned towards JC & pushed him over at which stage Beattie came steaming in.
    Buckley also got involved with Hery & gave him a short back & sides by pulling him over I think by the hair.
    In any case anyone who wears their hair like that is only asking for trouble

The footage is online in case anyone wants to check it out for themselves, just to avoid any doubt as to the facts
    https://twitter.com/corkcityfcnews/s...93717751205888

It wasn't even a decent brawl,more like Saturday night handbags.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by disgruntled View Post
    I think Aborah's ban was for a combination of offences including stuff that happened in the tunnel afterwards with Buckley. He also went for the referee which didn't go down well.
    I haven't seen the McNulty photo but by all accounts he was very lucky it wasn't spotted.

It started in the Waterford dugout when the ball was slapped out of Griffin's hands probably by Reynolds which is why he got a ban.
    Hery then kicked the ball out into the pitch which is where JC came in & tried to grab the ball back.
    Hery then turned towards JC & pushed him over at which stage Beattie came steaming in.
    Buckley also got involved with Hery & gave him a short back & sides by pulling him over I think by the hair.

The footage is online in case anyone wants to check it out for themselves, just to avoid any doubt as to the facts

Have you only just come in now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Have you only just come in now?
    Sorry didn't realise you were still here.
    I thought you'd be in Bray by now applying for visas for tonight's game ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by disgruntled View Post

Caulfield didn't try grab or pick up the ball he did try to retrieve it alright and on purpose or accidentally kicked anot opposition player in the process. THAT'S WHY HE GOT SHOVED ONTO HIS ASS. But sure that never happened if you support Cork!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Don't think any one is denying that. I think kicking is a stretch but I'll give it to you. We just think Herys response was disproportionate and that lead to the brawl.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Cork wont appeal the suspensions but Waterford are musing over the idea.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soc...brawl-12353461

Has anyone ever successfully overturned a lengthy FAI suspension before?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Lol at Dundalk fans who can't let it go and still say Caulfield started. Hehe. The whole affair has been worth it for the online meltdowns alone. Hehe.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,001 Posts
    I don't think Caulfield kicked anybody - I think the pictures show him grabbing Hery by the left arm/shoulder to stop Hery dribbling away with the ball, and Caulfield's outstretched left leg is not a kick but an attempt to trap the ball before it goes any farther away.

That said, if Hery was given extra game(s) because he pushed over a manager rather than a player, I'd say that's a bit harsh seeing as Caulfield had just grabbed him. But Hery was involved in more than just that, so maybe it merits 4 games.

I'd say 1 game is a bit lenient for Caulfield, as he firstly entered the field of play and then made contact with an opposition player too, but overall, it's generally fair enough.

There's definitely a hint of 'balance out the bans equally for both teams' about it, with the exception of Aborah, and he seems to have done a few different things to earn it.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,001 Posts
    And to add, this whole 'he's the one started it' is agony to read, real pathetic stuff. No matter what anybody else did, anybody involved is responsible for their own actions in it.

21. Thanks From:

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast