Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 2330

Thread: Transfer Rumours 201X Season

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Off to Galway on €4k a week apparently
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    I think the goal isn't to maintain they advantage ye had, but to increase it to the point that ye can be successful year on year on all fronts. This is great for Dundalk fans of course, but it's not surprising that other fans and managers are nervous of a Rosenborg style domination in the coming years.

Whoa! Close the forum now - you seem to actually agree with me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Dundalk fans eagerly wish to see that advantage restored this season and widened in the seasons ahead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    According to Neil O’Riordan, Dylan Watts has apparently changed his mind and is no longer headed for Dundalk.
    Damn - there's our plans for European domination gone up in smoke.

Peak6 Out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Season screwed now,Watts is going to Rovers according to the Sun.(Aaron Greene as well)

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football...r-dylan-watts/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    Season screwed now,Watts is going to Rovers according to the Sun.(Aaron Greene as well)

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football...r-dylan-watts/
    Rovers throwing cash around.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Rovers throwing cash around.
    That might bump our budget up into the fourth highest in the league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Is this the same Aaron Greene that Shamrock Rovers released for free in 2012 and then goes and pays the player a signing on fee to come back?

Letting players walk out the door and then taking them back again after talking gibberish about others can make a club look foolish. I hope no English clubs find out about this

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    While dundalk have undoubtedly been dominant, most years they've been pushed close. The gap between the squads has been small and Dundalk's experience and Kennys management has seen them through, imo.

My concern, and id imagine it's similar for Rovers fans and others, is that the gap between squads is going to become significantly wider, as the budget increases well beyond others. This won't so much be with the league in mind, but for the aimed for Euro runs, where a bigger squad of quality is needed to ensure ye can qualify for CL while performing in Europe.

I think the goal isn't to maintain they advantage ye had, but to increase it to the point that ye can be successful year on year on all fronts. This is great for Dundalk fans of course, but it's not surprising that other fans and managers are nervous of a Rosenborg style domination in the coming years.
    I probably should be more worried than I am really, in the short term yeah this squad investment is very worrying but when I'll really start to worry is when Dundalk invest in their stadium,training ground and academy too. I'm not saying just investing in those, obviously the team needs investment too but it's no coincidence that the clubs that have split their investments between structure and squad during their periods of success (Man United, Rosenborg, what city are doing now) have fared far better in terms of prolonged success than those that have just invested in their squads.

I've no problem with Dundalk spending all their money on their squad it's theirs to do as they wish with, still stupid to buy back a player you lost for free 6 months ago after him doing very little mind, but thats reliant on a good deal of luck to be sustainable so if I were a Dundalk fan I'm not sure I'd be too happy.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Is this the same Aaron Greene that Shamrock Rovers released for free in 2012 and then goes and pays the player a signing on fee to come back?

Letting players walk out the door and then taking them back again after talking gibberish about others can make a club look foolish. I hope no English clubs find out about this
    Aaron Greene is a fine man and a fine signing and any posts of mine that intimate in any way that he's a waste of space were clearly hacked.

Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    I probably should be more worried than I am really, in the short term yeah this squad investment is very worrying but when I'll really start to worry is when Dundalk invest in their stadium,training ground and academy too. I'm not saying just investing in those, obviously the team needs investment too but it's no coincidence that the clubs that have split their investments between structure and squad during their periods of success (Man United, Rosenborg, what city are doing now) have fared far better in terms of prolonged success than those that have just invested in their squads.

I've no problem with Dundalk spending all their money on their squad it's theirs to do as they wish with, still stupid to buy back a player you lost for free 6 months ago after him doing very little mind, but thats reliant on a good deal of luck to be sustainable so if I were a Dundalk fan I'm not sure I'd be too happy.
    If he scores the goal that wins them the league the fee they paid will be forgotten.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    It' would be nonsense for anyone so say that it is stupid for Dundalk to sign McEleney and simultaneously imply that it would be intelligent for Rovers to sign him.

Is there a time limit on the 'stupidity' of re-signing a player after he has left?

Your claimed confusion and empathy for the emotional contentment of being a Dundalk fan are truly touching
    Last edited by Ezeikial; 05/07/2018 at 8:09 PM. Reason: A

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Dundalk gave Oldham money, Rovers wouldn't be giving Bray any so I've no idea what you're ****eing on about here Ez apples and oranges. Not sure how I'd feel about signing Greene though, prefer the look of Coughlan and Galvin from what I've seen this season in fairness.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Aaron Greene is a fine man and a fine signing and any posts of mine that intimate in any way that he's a waste of space were clearly hacked.
    Lol - I think that Aaron Greene is indeed a fine signing and is likely to do well for Rovers, if Bradser doesn't play him at left back

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    It' would be nonsense for anyone so say that it is stupid for Dundalk to sign McEleney and simultaneously imply that it would be intelligent for Rovers to sign him.

Is there a time limit on the 'stupidity' of re-signing a player after he has left?

Your claimed confusion and empathy for the emotional contentment of being a Dundalk fan are truly touching
    Rovers didn't lose Mceleney for free in the first place though. It'd be like me giving you my phone for free then coming back 6 months later and giving you a 10er for it back, a bit stupid, whereas if someone else gives you a tenner for it that's not as stupid because they never gave it away for free in the first place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Dundalk gave Oldham money, Rovers wouldn't be giving Bray any so I've no idea what you're ****eing on about here Ez apples and oranges. Not sure how I'd feel about signing Greene though, prefer the look of Coughlan and Galvin from what I've seen this season in fairness.
    Please keep up there RH - read the post again. There is no effective difference in Signing-on fees or Transfer fees or Training Compensation fees; they are all payments that are part of the cost of signing a player in addition to any wages or bonus payments in a contract

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Rovers didn't lose Mceleney for free in the first place though. It'd be like me giving you my phone for free then coming back 6 months later and giving you a 10er for it back, a bit stupid, whereas if someone else gives you a tenner for it that's not as stupid because they never gave it away for free in the first place.
    I get it now.

You could just go and buy a new phone for €200 (or a dodgy second-hand for €50)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Please keep up there RH - read the post again. There is no effective difference in Signing-on fees or Transfer fees or Training Compensation fees; they are all payments that are part of the cost of signing a player in addition to any wages or bonus payments in a contract
    Oh sorry I forgot you've access to the Rovers books so know they pay all their players a huge signing on fee...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Oh sorry I forgot you've access to the Rovers books so know they pay all their players a huge signing on fee...
    Of course I don't know the terms of any proposed deal for Aaron Greene, no more than I know the terms of the deal struck for Patrick McEleney. But I am sure that even you will agree that he is unlikely to be coming in on amateur terms.

In any case the good news is that Aaron Greene has experience of winning the FAI Cup

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts
    Is this a new rule? First time I've noticed it.

From https://www.derrycityfc.net/2018/07/...-banish-blues/
    "Kenny’s son Dean was expected to be in the squad for the visit of the Shannonsiders, however the club confirmed this morning that the FAI have notified them that Shiels junior will be suspended for the game having only served one of two games handed to him in Scotland last season."

Strange one.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Of course I don't know the terms of any proposed deal for Aaron Greene, no more than I know the terms of the deal struck for Patrick McEleney. But I am sure that even you will agree that he is unlikely to be coming in on amateur terms.

In any case the good news is that Aaron Greene has experience of winning the FAI Cup
    You do realise in the context of what Bradley was saying signing on fees, which are normally tiny compared to transfer fees by the way, are completely different to transfer fees.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    655 Posts

Lol signing on fee....signing out fee.. wonder do players in his situation get the back money they are owed,,

Page 97 of 117 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast