Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Football in Shannon 2015/16

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rider Cups View Post
    Newmarket B are always decent and the fact that it's a bit of a derby will also add spice, but if ST are as good as we hear then they should win by at least 2.
    dont believe everything you hear

" football is a simple game "

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cannot understand why ST have left the best Junior League in Ireland to play in the second tier of an average league. I hope Hibs don't follow them.
    YNWA: Wonderful achievement to win 5 WW in a row, dont think so that would be winning a Limerick Premier or a Munster Junior. Did ST win any of those WW titles whilst competing in the Limerick Premier?
    Jofspring: You are wrong 2A Limerick is not similar to Clare 1st Division, it's better.
    The bottom half of the Clare Premier would get relegated from Limerick 1A.
    Not one team outside of Newmarket would get more then 6 points in a Limerick Permier Season.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Serious hammering for hibs 2nite 9-1 to cals. . Hopefully they can bounce back

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Second View Post
    Serious hammering for hibs 2nite 9-1 to cals. . Hopefully they can bounce back

serious defeat I thought it was a typo error terrible start to season two heavy defeats 4-1 / 9-1 and one win 4-3

16 goals conceded in three games not looking to good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beam me up View Post
    Cannot understand why ST have left the best Junior League in Ireland to play in the second tier of an average league. I hope Hibs don't follow them.
    YNWA: Wonderful achievement to win 5 WW in a row, dont think so that would be winning a Limerick Premier or a Munster Junior. Did ST win any of those WW titles whilst competing in the Limerick Premier?
    Jofspring: You are wrong 2A Limerick is not similar to Clare 1st Division, it's better.
    The bottom half of the Clare Premier would get relegated from Limerick 1A.
    Not one team outside of Newmarket would get more then 6 points in a Limerick Permier Season.
    Beam me up
    since when was Division 1a the best junior league in Ireland ??
    one Wesley webb titles won while Shannon town in preimer league
    disagree 2A limerick is a better league than clare 1st
    bottom half of clare premier might struggle in 1a but not sure they would be relegated
    bridge utd / Avenue/ ennis town all with full squads would pick up more than 6 points in premier limerick

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Old Git, I didn't say 1A was the best league I said the Limerick League, Limerick 1A gives you access to Limerick Premier (which is the best league) and that is what thy should be aspiring to and not easy pickings in Clare. That year they won the WW, they would have beden relegated same year with probably less than 10 points.
    Hibs drew with Olympic in WW who are Clare Premier but get hammered in 2A, there you go..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beam me up View Post
    Old Git, I didn't say 1A was the best league I said the Limerick League, Limerick 1A gives you access to Limerick Premier (which is the best league) and that is what thy should be aspiring to and not easy pickings in Clare. That year they won the WW, they would have beden relegated same year with probably less than 10 points.
    Hibs drew with Olympic in WW who are Clare Premier but get hammered in 2A, there you go..
    You are judging a whole league on one game in a pre season tournament on a team with weakened squad? Delusional. Any of the top 5/6 teams in divison 1 would win 2a in limerick. MK dons beat Manchester United last year so MK Dons would definitely finish top 4 in the premiership. There you go, Jog on.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hey Melon, Just back from my jog.
    I wasn't judging Limerick 2A against Clare Div1 based on one match, I know from seeing some of these teams play. I just checked the line up for Clare Div1 and on reflection would have to say 9 out of the 12 would possibly stay up in Limerick 3A, no chance in 2A.
    Jofspring has already told you that they have beaten plenty of Clare Premier opposition whilst coming third from bottom of 2A. The Limerick lower divisions are full of players that played Limerick Premier or could have but didn't want to because of the extra comitment involved.
    Limerick District League has a massive pool of players that the Clare League cannot compete with.
    Shannon hasn't had a team/club that has been able to compete in the Limerick Premier for years and because of this all the good players of the Town either go into Limerick, Clare for a handy trophy, swap between the Shannon clubs (whilst enjoying being the centre of attention for the summer) or just give it up.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Sometimes you can believe what you hear obviously

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old git View Post
    dont believe everything you hear
    Obviously shannon town are as good as people heard .. isn't that right old git..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Second View Post
    Obviously shannon town are as good as people heard .. isn't that right old git..
    not a lot I can say on that result

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Lisnagry 1-2 Shannon hibs and hibs were very unlucky not to beat charleville b at the weekend as well, would have won If it wasn't for an outstanding performance by the charleville keeper... Maybe things not as bad as seems at hibs, starting to get a few that were missing back too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs7772 View Post
    Lisnagry 1-2 Shannon hibs and hibs were very unlucky not to beat charleville b at the weekend as well, would have won If it wasn't for an outstanding performance by the charleville keeper... Maybe things not as bad as seems at hibs, starting to get a few that were missing back too
    Hibs7772

good result last night but you dont get any points being unlucky ,, hopefully they can get a full strenght team out and pick up a few more wins in the next couple of games ... Note they are 3rd bottom in league so things dont look to great at the moment

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    sad how far hibs have fallen....to be honest I think the league they are in shows just how bad things are at hibs (not being disrespectful)....

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Your having a laugh hibs77 they are playing division 4 in limerick how low do they have to go. No sign of a recovery on the way so yes things are as bad as they seem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by don't panic View Post
    Your having a laugh hibs77 they are playing division 4 in limerick how low do they have to go. No sign of a recovery on the way so yes things are as bad as they seem
    Won there last match 2-1 and should have beaten Charleville the match before that just didn't take there chances, I would have thought that was a sign of some sort of recovery but obviously you know better

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Won there last match 2-1 and should have beaten Charleville the match before that just didn't take there chances, I would have thought that was a sign of some sort of recovery but obviously you know better
    recovery of what, getting back to the division they were in last year? or stopping the sinking feeling

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Feet Up View Post
    recovery of what, getting back to the division they were in last year? or stopping the sinking feeling
    Cheers for the sarcasm! Obviously won't get promoted this year. Into clare league next year anyway so it doesn't matter, the 3rd division I'm guessing? Will surely win that?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Cheers for the sarcasm! Obviously won't get promoted this year. Into clare league next year anyway so it doesn't matter, the 3rd division I'm guessing? Will surely win that?
    Surely ye will go straight into premier in Clare having been in limerick prem only a few seasons back??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Probably straight into the Loi premier... Some sarcastic nonsense talked on this! Town didn't so why would hibs

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast