Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Noe Baba

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Baba will be out of action for 8 weeks with an ankle injury, according to a Castlebar poster on YBIG. Allegedly, he's also suffered concussion twice in training since his move to Fulham. Tough start for the lad.

Some more info on him here: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/...&ICID=HP_BN_15

Quote Originally Posted by Goal.com
    Fulham have completed the signing of Cameroon-born wonderkid Noe Baba, Goal.com can reveal.

The 16-year-old prodigy has signed for the Craven Cottage club, who are waiting for international clearance from Fifa before formally announcing the deal.

Goal.com revealed in November that Baba had agreed terms on a move to west London after they had beaten a host of clubs, including Manchester United, in the race for the youngster.

Fulham have paid Castlebar Celtic in County Mayo a fee of €160,000 (£129,000) to secure Baba, who passed a medical in November and has linked up with the club’s development squad at Motspur Park.

He is Fulham’s second signing this month following 19-year-old central midfielder Chris David, who has joined from FC Twente, although neither is expected to be a serious first-team contender.

Baba was born in Cameroon but moved to Ireland with his family when he was a boy and became the first African player to captain an Irish age-group team when he led the Under-17s.

The teenager, who turned 16 last August, has progressed rapidly through the ranks and was drafted into the Republic of Ireland Under-19 squad in October, making three full appearances for Paul Doolin’s side.

He is highly regarded on both sides of the Irish Sea for his versatility and aptitude. Baba has been frequently used at centre-half but is expected to eventually be deployed as a full-back or midfield anchorman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Staunton of Goal.com Ireland
    In our shared hometown of Castlebar, Noe is widely considered to be the best prospect ever to come through the ranks at the town's main football team, Celtic. He consistently excelled during his time with the club, often an age group or two ahead of his time. He first appeared in the Under-12s and rose rapidly through the county and international ranks.

Most recently, he represented Ireland's Under-19s - a remarkable achievement for a player featuring at a club a long way from the centre of Irish football, Dublin, and Britain, where the majority of his colleagues played. Noe has won plenty of admirers due to his voracious appetite for learning, both on the field and off, and has put a lot of thought into his future. Clubs have been tracking him for the last three or four years but he and his family have bided their time in order to wait for the opportunity which makes most sense.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    are people who might be in the know confident that Noe will stick with us? I certainly hope so as he sounds like the real deal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    are people who might be in the know confident that Noe will stick with us? I certainly hope so as he sounds like the real deal.
    Last line
    http://www.castlebar.ie/education/st...e07/page4.html
    My Guarantee
    Am looking for old Irish matches on VHS, PM me if you have some and I'll upload them here

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theworm2345 View Post
    "He got out and delivered the rest of the presents and went back to the North Pole very pleased with himself."
    Well, It's obvious now.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    well he was 11 at the time of stating that, is 16 now and has moved - probably permanently - to another country. I wouldnt hold him at the age of 21 after 5 years in London to the sentiments expressed as an 11 year old in Castlebar. It will be brilliant if he does stick with us though.

Funny stuff Bonnie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Cameroon doesn't permit dual citizenship, so it's safe to assume that if he's an Irish citizen at present, then he isn't eligible to play for Cameroon at least.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    Cap him Trap! Even if he has 2 Concussions and a broken ankle. Drag him out there on a stretcher we need someone with speed.

And Danny all due respect but on a continent as corrupt as Africa, do you not think that Cameroon, in a pinch, would not work things out dual citizen ship rule or not?
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    well he was 11 at the time of stating that, is 16 now and has moved - probably permanently - to another country. I wouldnt hold him at the age of 21 after 5 years in London to the sentiments expressed as an 11 year old in Castlebar. It will be brilliant if he does stick with us though.
    I would assume his bond would grow stronger with age, though I suppose his bond with Cameroon could increase by virtue of being away from it (same way as often times expats/first generation sometimes work extra hard to feel connected to their/their parents' homeland). Also, the Cameroon set up is a joke...makes the FAI look like a model of stability and efficiency.
    Last edited by theworm2345; 23/01/2013 at 11:17 PM.
    My Guarantee
    Am looking for old Irish matches on VHS, PM me if you have some and I'll upload them here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    Cameroon didn't qualify for the AFCON after being beaten by Cape Verde Islands.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    They lost to Cape Verde? Yikes.
    Am I crazy or did Cameroon not have a decent showing at a somewhat recent WC?
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    Cameroon doesn't permit dual citizenship, so it's safe to assume that if he's an Irish citizen at present, then he isn't eligible to play for Cameroon at least.
    Fair point. Thanks.

I would assume his bond would grow stronger with age, though I suppose his bond with Cameroon could increase by virtue of being away from it (same way as often times expats/first generation sometimes work extra hard to feel connected to their/their parents' homeland). Also, the Cameroon set up is a joke...makes the FAI look like a model of stability and efficiency.
    I guess my point is that the bond wouldn't necessarily grow if he's no longer there. In fact, it might lessen?

I'm getting way too far ahead of myself anyway. He's young but has potential and hes ours and that's all that matters.
    Last edited by SkStu; 24/01/2013 at 12:04 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby87 View Post
    They lost to Cape Verde? Yikes.
    Am I crazy or did Cameroon not have a decent showing at a somewhat recent WC?
    They lost all three of their games in 2010.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Cameroon didn't qualify for the AFCON after being beaten by Cape Verde Islands.
    That's just the tip of the iceberg. They have had multitudes of problems extending back much farther than that. FA's all over the world have many issues, but I've noticed Cameroon and DR Congo -- both of whom should be consistently near the top of Africa -- seem to have more than most and oftentimes their players don't want to play for them.
    Last edited by theworm2345; 24/01/2013 at 12:30 AM.
    My Guarantee

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts

Funny stuff Bonnie.
    What I want to know is, is he Cameroonian, or is he Irish, or is he Cameroonian-Urish or Irish Cameroonian?!

Am I the only one who worries about lads like noe and other africans or non celtic-skin Irish lads going to school and generally growing up outside of the big schmoke. I think I only have this because of growing up outside the big schomoke and what some of the other country folk are like. Having said that if there is a class of racism, the country lads wouldn't be vindictive whereas what I've found in the capital its more resentful and vindictive.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    so you're worried about lads growing up outside Dublin, because they won't be exposed to racism, which would happen if they were in Dublin?
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    No, I'm just worried about racism

I suppose, I didn't encounter -racism, but when I did, it was more nasty* is what I'm trying to say- it very often in Dublin. But I did encounter (a form of) "casual" racism a lot more in the country.

Again, before someone jumps in on a needless solo run, Racism is racism, but there are different forms.
    Last edited by paul_oshea; 24/01/2013 at 12:30 PM.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Whut?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    What I want to know is, is he Cameroonian, or is he Irish, or is he Cameroonian-Urish or Irish Cameroonian?!

Am I the only one who worries about lads like noe and other africans or non celtic-skin Irish lads going to school and generally growing up outside of the big schmoke. I think I only have this because of growing up outside the big schomoke and what some of the other country folk are like. Having said that if there is a class of racism, the country lads wouldn't be vindictive whereas what I've found in the capital its more resentful and vindictive.
    As long as he keeps delivering presents on time he'll always be welcome in the North Pole.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    As long as he keeps delivering presents on time he'll always be welcome in the North Pole.
    Exactly. Ankle injury or not.

It'll show his dedication to the Claus.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    It'll show his dedication to the Claus.
    Get your coat!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast