Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Monaghan United get new manager

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Hilarious stuff altogether, you've got to hand it to Shoddy he's a journalists dream.
    Most of what he says is the truth though.
    There's quite a lot of City fans far from convinced with Dunne, no harm to apply a bit of pressure and see how he performs.

I wrote a little ditty to celebrate Roddys Return in my blog below.
    Last edited by razor; 31/03/2011 at 8:00 AM.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Hilarious stuff altogether, you've got to hand it to Shoddy he's a journalists dream.
    Most of what he says is the truth though.
    There's quite a lot of City fans far from convinced with Dunne, no harm to apply a bit of pressure and see how he performs.

I wrote a little ditty to celebrate Roddys Return in my blog below.

I love it! And your 'pool one...and your TDs....

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Indeed, all aboard the offended bandwagon.
    Why are people actually taking him serious?
    That ruins all the fun, hes just an absolute character that happens to be employed as a manager.
    The colour and pomp he brings to the league is second to none, its just like watching a panto.
    Right on! So I take it you'll be calling for him to replace a certain Scouser out your way when he moves on? :-) Didn't think so. It's like watching Middle East violence on Sky News, it's alright to eat your toasted ham and cheese sandwich to in the pub, but you thank god it's not in your backyard!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    I'm enjoying the bit of conflict in my backyard thank you very much as long as there is not too much collateral damage and we win the war, happy days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudulika View Post
    Right on! So I take it you'll be calling for him to replace a certain Scouser out your way when he moves on? :-) Didn't think so.
    Good thing I never made that point.
    It's like watching Middle East violence on Sky News, it's alright to eat your toasted ham and cheese sandwich to in the pub, but you thank god it's not in your backyard!
    Wow, just wow, quite bizarre really.
    I couldnt find a more unsuitable comparison if I tried really.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    [QUOTE=Rasputin;1471750
    Wow, just wow, quite bizarre really.
    I couldnt find a more unsuitable comparison if I tried really.[/QUOTE]

quite right ras this is just roddy doing what roddy does well, wind people up and ensure that there will be a bigger turn out that otherwise expected. thank god the first division has someone who can garnish some media attention.
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passerrby View Post
    thank god the first division has someone who can garnish some media attention.
    Amen to that.
    Here's hoping we'll see the effect of this on the gate tomorrow night, it was all over the back of last nights Echo.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    quite right ras this is just roddy doing what roddy does well, wind people up and ensure that there will be a bigger turn out that otherwise expected. thank god the first division has someone who can garnish some media attention.
    To be honest passerby im just waiting to read more of Spud's Doctor Phil analysis of how Roddy is really just a repressed individual that wasnt hugged enough or other such insights.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicme View Post
    I'm enjoying the bit of conflict in my backyard thank you very much as long as there is not too much collateral damage and we win the war, happy days.
    Enjoy it while you can. He will not be your manager for more than 3 months in my opinion. His entire career is based upon the double he won with Bohs years ago (and lets face it, a blind 4 year old child could have managed that squad to a double) and his incredible ego. I often wonder was he his brothers sparring partner without wearing any headgear for a long period of time, because that might explain some of the incredulous rants, raves and opinions he displays. I've been around League of Ireland football a long long time and its an unwritten rule within the community that you don't make it personal...he has done this with his remarks about Tommy Dunne. Again, in my opinion, he has shown us all that he is indeed a knacker, and the only airtime he is worthy of is an episode of My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding to be shot at his gaff.

Ye will win no war with this guy in your corner...thats for sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Amen to that.
    Here's hoping we'll see the effect of this on the gate tomorrow night, it was all over the back of last nights Echo.
    Yeah it would be better if he did it when the game's at Gortakeegan and we get some extra €. Last week's pre-Salthill Devon interview (Roddy- the seaside is rubbish) didn't get much media attention. Hopefully next week (Incest is wrong says Roddy Collins) will motivate the Longford fans to come out in protest.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Garnish it with what exactly - some watercress and a mustard dressing?
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    There's every chance that Roddy will just walk away from Monaghan and take the Bohs job again now that Nutsy is off to Celtic.
    Lets face it , he has done this kind of thing before.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    To be honest passerby im just waiting to read more of Spud's Doctor Phil analysis of how Roddy is really just a repressed individual that wasnt hugged enough or other such insights.
    Rasputin, I'm trying to give the man a break (I know there are some on here and former colleagues of mine who'd say what they'd like to break) as while he has a basic understanding of football and a modicum of man management skills, I don't see him as an entirely bad person. I would never wish ill on anyone, no matter what (okay, except my 4th class national school teacher who was a SSSSS), Roddy falls into that category. He is a very damaged individual (headgear not included) and sadly this lack of confidence turns him into the biggest tool on the airwaves when he starts on. Holy crap, I'm almost going to do a Dr Phil, no, can't, I'm stopping here.

I did think the "better in their backyard than ours" analogy worked? It's like watching a person begin to slip on ice, the flailing arms, ar@e going to head level, ar@e going over head level and the time gap between the initial overbalance and the sickening slap on the footpath seems to take forever in real time, though reliving it you're never sure if it was quick or slow. In other words, Monaghan are that poor soul on the RTE news, you just know it's going to happen, it's the aftermath and very public embarassment that prevents you from laughing too much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    There's every chance that Roddy will just walk away from Monaghan and take the Bohs job again now that Nutsy is off to Celtic.
    another manager did that as well to us and I wonder where he ended up
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Rasputin, I'm trying to give the man a break (I know there are some on here and former colleagues of mine who'd say what they'd like to break) as while he has a basic understanding of football and a modicum of man management skills, I don't see him as an entirely bad person. I would never wish ill on anyone, no matter what (okay, except my 4th class national school teacher who was a SSSSS), Roddy falls into that category. He is a very damaged individual (headgear not included) and sadly this lack of confidence turns him into the biggest tool on the airwaves when he starts on. Holy crap, I'm almost going to do a Dr Phil, no, can't, I'm stopping here.

I did think the "better in their backyard than ours" analogy worked? It's like watching a person begin to slip on ice, the flailing arms, ar@e going to head level, ar@e going over head level and the time gap between the initial overbalance and the sickening slap on the footpath seems to take forever in real time, though reliving it you're never sure if it was quick or slow. In other words, Monaghan are that poor soul on the RTE news, you just know it's going to happen, it's the aftermath and very public embarassment that prevents you from laughing too much.
    Spud your definetly one of the more interesting posters on here, ill give you that.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    I do try Rasputin :-)

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    thank god the first division has someone who can garnish some media attention.
    Aye, all praise Keith Gillespie.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Not even Bohs are that stupid are they? I'm 100% confident that Roddy will/already has sent in his CV for the Bohs job

I must be one of the few on here that has no problem with Roddy, sure he basically got Rovers relegated, thats enough for any Pats fan to like him
    Here on a technicality.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Jebus, i have to say that Cork City seriously got out of jail the day the door closed behind Roddy Collins. The club was in pieces but that was no small mercy .... i have to admit it is kinda funny to watch alright, through your fingers as you cover your face trying not to look on. He does entertain thats for sure.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

25. Thanks From:

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast