Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: tonights latest

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RoversHead View Post
    800 minimum ,but a closer look at how your paying your players could well explain your estimate.
    The capacity of the stand used by shams supporters is 800 - work it out for yourself

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by topia View Post
    ok thats not the way Jicked was putting it though;

'Indeed, i'm pretty sure you have to issue a ticket to every fan, but Sligo just dish out a few raffle tickets as your proof of purhcase. I'm sure they'll tell the taxman there was 4 blokes and a dog at the game.'
    Just to clear that up, apologies for my use of the word taxman, I blame listening to the bealtes on a sunny morning. There have been issues in the past of LoI clubs keeping money off the books, and so it seems a little strange when you're not given a ticket/receipt for cash paid, it's something thats happened the last few times we've travelled there iirc.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hey there,

I'm new to this board but was reading without posting for a long time ago.

I'm from Germany and provide some statistics for German site transfermarkt.co.uk. When I looked up for the substitutes benches of last nights game between Sligo and Shamrock, I found out, that there was a Robert Hughes mentioned on sites such as rte.ie or extratime.ie. On Shamrock's site the substitutes 'keeper was mentiones as Robert Duggan. Maybe a Shamrock fan was there last night and can tell me ...?

Furthermore, I need some information about a Galway substitute player, his name is Séamus (?) Friel. Where is he from? Can't find any information about him or a transfer in the off season!

Thank you!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by De Town View Post
    Chris Deans got our 3rd, not JP McDonagh, in case anyone cares!
    Just to second that, definately Deans goal. Don't know where T.G got McDonagh from, but extra time no doubt got it from him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post
    Until Bohs recovered their form and things went back to normal that is.
    yeah back to normal - us winning the league and you lot whinging.

Worst. Boycott. Ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    As for your official programme suggesting that Rovers were founded in the mid 2000s by the 400 club, how small minded and ridiculously petty.
    Please advise me where this is stated in this article regarding your club's history.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Even if the sun ceases to rise, Even if the sea ceases to flow, Even if the wind stops to blow, The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning, glinting star in the sky."

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,644 Posts
    haha! i love the title on that attachment!!!

racist bottle thr(owers)

genius!!

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    3-1 Longford

JP McDonagh again
    I am not convinced that Jp got the second goal.. A lot of the lads in section o reckon it was Chris deans ... anyone that was at the match agree?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    JP McDonagh was listed on extratime..

Thx
    i think that was because the stadium announcer said it was mcdonagh...

11. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Hi Jicked,

In relation to last nights programme, it certainly wont be one of the best you'll see this year but also it wont be one of the worst.

Originally Posted by Jicked
    As for your official programme suggesting that Rovers were founded in the mid 2000s by the 400 club, how small minded and ridiculously petty.

You obviously have in your possession a serious collectors item because it must be the only programme where it says that. The article was actually taken from the Official Shamrock Rovers site so I'm sure it's 100% correct. We are only starting out with the programme this year as the lad who used to do a fantastic job for the last number of years has taken a break. But I promise you we will allocate 4 pages for Shams when you come here in July and you can have as much input as you like.

In relation to the crowd, I think that stand holds 900 approx, so if you take out the 200 plus Sligo lads and 100 approx for the empty section, that leaves 600 approx for Shams. As for 1,200, even Our Lord couldn't work that miricle. All the Shams supporters I met ,I thought were sound - one of your own lads reckoned there was between 500 and 600 down at the game.
    We now know for certain Mooneys dont water down their drink!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    I am not convinced that Jp got the second goal.. A lot of the lads in section o reckon it was Chris deans ... anyone that was at the match agree?
    It was definitely Chris Deans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    agree with the harps fans on the the silence from the town fans.. In fairness to harps they were exceptionally vocal from the start we only got going in the second half once the goals reined in.. Im suprised we won as i would have harps as favouries to win..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Goodness gracious me. Did you actually mean you want a link to that?
    You made a claim, I asked you to substantiate it?
    Apologies I really should have left my logic at the door.
    As for the rest of your post I'm simply not bothered with stuff that ridiculous.
    Slide on so.
    It's weird, the Sligo fans I had a pint with before the game were friendly, reasonable, knowledgeable LoI fans. The vast majority of Sligo fans on here are batsh*t crazy.
    No no, if you and your ilke didnt feel the need to spew your utter arrogance and presumptions about our club then we wouldnt feel the need to challenge you on it.
    I was chatting with Shams fans before and after and they didnt talk half the ****e as Shams fans drone on about on the internet.
    It still raises a smile that you are lecturing our club about Tax evasion, the word irony just doesnt do it justice.
    Haha oopsy daisey jicked.
    I think I'm better off just ignoring this place when we play Sligo Rovers, so I'm out of here. Enjoy MNS on Monday night, try not to put your foot through the telly when MON has the temerity to say something outragous such as a draw was a fair result.
    TBF it probably was a fair result but I still think that you never really looked like scoring until Man of the Match Buttimer stepped in.
    Disgrace that he is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin L View Post
    Hi Jicked,

In relation to last nights programme, it certainly wont be one of the best you'll see this year but also it wont be one of the worst.

You obviously have in your possession a serious collectors item because it must be the only programme where it says that. The article was actually taken from the Official Shamrock Rovers site so I'm sure it's 100% correct. We are only starting out with the programme this year as the lad who used to do a fantastic job for the last number of years has taken a break. But I promise you we will allocate 4 pages for Shams when you come here in July and you can have as much input as you like.
    just to be clear I said 'suggesting' not that you did explicitly say it, it was just a little odd if doing a piece about the history of a club to start it over 100 years in to the existence thereof.

But anyway, fair enough so, but it certainly came across as the programme opting to suggest that we were founded when the 400 club came in to existence. The other people reading it around me thought so too, and a Sligo fan earlier in this thread seemed to think the same. If it was a simple mistake then not a problem, though I wouldn't call the piece "history" if you're just going to c&p an article about the last five years or so. From another club I'd put it down as being a mistake, from Sligo I couldn't help but be suspicious It's like when your manager has to call us Shamrock three or four times in his notes. It's a little weird, and comes across as a juvenile attempt to try drum up a rivalry out of nothing.
    Last edited by Jicked; 07/03/2010 at 7:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    In fiarness Jicked the article does mention that you were relegated for the first time in long and illustrous history in 2005. Don't think they'd have write that if they were trying to suggest the club was only 3 years old at the time. Any Rovers fan upet by the article is looking to be upset IMO

Of course if they took the article from Rovers site withour permission, it brings up a different question
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    It's like when your manager has to call us Shamrock three or four times in his notes.
    He's hardly going to call you Rovers in a Sligo Rovers programme in fairness. At least he didn't call you Shams!
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    From another club I'd put it down as being a mistake, from Sligo I couldn't help but be suspicious It's like when your manager has to call us Shamrock three or four times in his notes. It's a little weird, and comes across as a juvenile attempt to try drum up a rivalry out of nothing.
    Good to see you're not a bit paranoid anyways.

Happy enough with a draw, especially considering the amount of possession ye had. I think we had the better chances but we've lost these types of games too often in the past so I hope it's a sign of things to come.
    Great crowd ye brought which is always good to see in this league.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    If a club could siphon off say 200 admissions at €15 each league game this would give them €54k "of the books" giving them nearly €19k (35%) to circumvent the SCP and/or the Revenue through under the counter payments to players.

The FAI Lisencing Dept are alive to this possibility and have promised unannounced audits of match day sales this season.

Any club stupid enough to do this deserve any sanction that comes there way
    Surely it would be equally beneficial to declare the correct attendance as this money would all add to turnover which would help keep under the 65%... i doubt any club would be stupid enough, especially fresh after the derry situation to be planning on handing out much money under the table

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi View Post
    He's hardly going to call you Rovers in a Sligo Rovers programme in fairness. At least he didn't call you Shams!
    Wait you did get the memo that the world does indeed revolve around Shamrock Rovers?

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    It's like when your manager has to call us Shamrock three or four times in his notes. It's a little weird, and comes across as a juvenile attempt to try drum up a rivalry out of nothing.
    Tis no different to him calling Drogheda, Drogheda - Galway, Galway or Cork, Cork.....
    "Overwhelmed"

24. Thanks From:

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast