Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: tonights latest

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brianw82 View Post
    We do seem to have a problem accomodating a large away support. The issue with the Waterford fans in the Cup semi last year was (I think) the fact that there were so many more than expected, but surely it was known that there'd be a large travelling contingent last night and extra bodies would be needed to get them inside in a timely fashion? It's something our board should be aware of, tbh.
    Unfortunately they just dont have the enough of volunteers for it. Its hard to be critical of the club they do the best they can. Pre-season they appealed for extra help , including for stewards. If the interest to help is not there what can you do?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    I don't know what ye're talking about fencing down the front for. That was taking down at around quarter past 6, as I was in the ground and seen it. What about ye're crowd of absolute toe rags who started hopping on the fence to the side trying to tear it down? Maybe if your supporters didn't leave the pub till 7 45, there wouldn't have been so many problems.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Anyone have the starting line-ups and reserves used for the Salthill v Athlone game?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by srfc1928 View Post
    good crowd from shams, but a crowd ranging from 800 up to 1200 are well wide of the mark.
    500 tops
    800 minimum ,but a closer look at how your paying your players could well explain your estimate.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by celticV3 View Post
    Bohs got a dodgy penalty last night and shams tonight, great to see the word "new" worn out already for the season.
    You could expand on the poor standard of refereeing by mentioning the persistant fouling of Sligo in a deliberate attempt to disrupt Rovers (Shamrock for all the simple minded people) momentum. Typical of when we go down to play Sligo tbh.

And as for that ''tackle'' on Dessie Baker. If that was committed by Dan Murray Sligo fans would be calling for a prison sentence. What is Sligo fans take on that assault?

We were the better team for the most part but missed Twigg.
    ♫ Sally Cinnamon, You're My World ♫

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    You could expand on the poor standard of refereeing by mentioning the persistant fouling of Sligo in a deliberate attempt to disrupt Rovers (Shamrock for all the simple minded people) momentum. Typical of when we go down to play Sligo tbh.

And as for that ''tackle'' on Dessie Baker. If that was committed by Dan Murray Sligo fans would be calling for a prison sentence. What is Sligo fans take on that assault?
    Sligo were being constantly penalised because the vast majority of the time they were fouling our players, despite the histrionics from Paul Cook on the touchline all night long. That tackle on Dessie Baker broke his arm, Cook was still waving his arms around demanding a free out I'm sure. In saying that I've no idea about the penalty, I just presumed it hit the wall and went out for a corner, will have to wait to see MNS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoversHead View Post
    800 minimum ,but a closer look at how your paying your players could well explain your estimate.
    Indeed, i'm pretty sure you have to issue a ticket to every fan, but Sligo just dish out a few raffle tickets as your proof of purhcase. I'm sure they'll tell the taxman there was 4 blokes and a dog at the game.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by celticV3 View Post
    Bohs got a dodgy penalty last night and shams tonight, great to see the word "new" worn out already for the season.
    My raffle ticket which apparently passes for a match ticket in Sligos world wore out a lot quicker.The fact that some of you are claiming we only took 500 fans to Sligo, along with one bloke in a shed selling raffle tickets as match tickets should be looked at seriosly .Lump sum payments to players and winks and handshakes tut tut and you talk about new.
    Last edited by RoversHead; 07/03/2010 at 10:45 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoversHead View Post
    My raffle ticket which apparently passes for a match ticket in Sligos world wore out a lot quicker.The fact that some of you are claiming we only took 500 fans to Sligo, along with one bloke in a shed selling raffle tickets as match tickets should be looked at seriosly .Lump sum payments to players and winks and handshakes tut tut and you talk about new.
    What are yee all raving on about?
    1000/1200? Dont make me laugh.
    There was about 600-700 Shams fans down for it as could be told by the area in which yee were placed.
    As for us playing against 12 men, well it is the FAI and Shams are currently the *******ised love child of the FAI, "the model club" (no laughing down the back), so what do you expect really?
    It shall be entertaining seeing yee explain away that penalty when the replays are shown on MNS.
    Anyway congrats to O'Neill on the best close season signing in years, Anthony Buttimer was outstanding for yee, Man of the Match performance for Shams.
    I shudder when the day comes that Shams actually win something, ohh the arrogance then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    What are yee all raving on about?
    1000/1200? Dont make me laugh.
    There was about 600-700 Shams fans down for it as could be told by the area in which yee were placed.
    As for us playing against 12 men, well it is the FAI and Shams are currently the *******ised love child of the FAI, "the model club" (no laughing down the back), so what do you expect really?
    It shall be entertaining seeing yee explain away that penalty when the replays are shown on MNS.
    Anyway congrats to O'Neill on the best close season signing in years, Anthony Buttimer was outstanding for yee, Man of the Match performance for Shams.
    I shudder when the day comes that Shams actually win something, ohh the arrogance then.
    No-one's tried to explain the penalty, no-one around me saw it and only copped after a few seconds that it was a penalty given. I've no idea if it hit a hand or not, I'll wait to see MNS.
    And where exactly is the arrogance involved in being a bit peeved that Sligo don't give out tickets for games, when we all know why they don't.

You were constantly fouling us, and played a very physical game. Nothing too wrong with that, but it does mean you're going to give away a lot of fouls, just because Paul Cook waves his arms and rants and raves like a madman doesn't mean they're not fouls.

Delighted to see the Rovers and FAI are in cahoots conspiracy theory come up again though. That was a particularly hilarious one when Bohs went on a bad run of form for the first time in two years (that may have had a little more to do with suspensions, injuries, a transfer embargo and going out of Europe) and suddenly it was all down to the FAI and MNS (?) trying to gift Rovers the league. Until Bohs recovered their form and things went back to normal that is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I was sitting directly across from the shams support. Their section was full with another 30 or 40 standing at the end of the stand. The Jinks avenue stand holds 900 with half it allocated to the away support, so around 500 shams tops I would estimate.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post

We were the better team for the most part but missed Twigg.
    Momentum? Shamrock had no momentum in the game what so ever, not because of any bad challenges but basically because dan murray hoofing a ball shouldn't be considered momentum.

Didn't see the challenge on Baker but I was told it was a free kick to us just before that, so will have to wait til mns to clarify that.

The better team tag is laughable. Shams had more possession but done nothing with it. You'd do well to pick more than 2 clear cut chances out of that game for shams in the entire 90minutes, but thats just why yee needed the helping hand from buttimer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Maybe someone can clarify but gate receipts arent subject to tax are they? if this is the case then the shamrock rovers fans accusing sligo of fiddling with the numbers are unfounded

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post
    No-one's tried to explain the penalty, no-one around me saw it and only copped after a few seconds that it was a penalty given. I've no idea if it hit a hand or not, I'll wait to see MNS.And where exactly is the arrogance involved in being a bit peeved that Sligo don't give out tickets for games
    The arrogance of feeling the need to criticise why we dont give out tickets because of your unfounded assumption that its because of Tax.
    And ohhhh the irony a shams fan dictating to us about Tax evasion, how much of that Tax that yee owed the Tax man did yee pay back again?
    when we all know why they don't.
    Substantiate the claim or else we can dismiss it as the subjective drivel it is?
    You were constantly fouling us, and played a very physical game.
    You were watching the likes of Dan Murray aswell right?
    And Price aye?
    And you call our game physical? Bizarre.
    Nothing too wrong with that, but it does mean you're going to give away a lot of fouls, just because Paul Cook waves his arms and rants and raves like a madman doesn't mean they're not fouls.
    Link to where any Rovers fan said that "because Paul Cook waves his arms and rants and raves like a madman doesn't mean they're not fouls".
    Delighted to see the Rovers and FAI are in cahoots conspiracy theory come up again though.
    Its not so much a conspiracy as more the FAI making sure what they perceive as the best foot forward in Irish Football being given a gentle nudge.
    This would of course play on the consciousness of a referee who while not giving blatantly biased decisions will be alot more inclcined to give 50/50 decisions to Bohs or Shams.
    That was a particularly hilarious one when Bohs went on a bad run of form for the first time in two years (that may have had a little more to do with suspensions, injuries, a transfer embargo and going out of Europe) and suddenly it was all down to the FAI and MNS (?) trying to gift Rovers the league. Until Bohs recovered their form and things went back to normal that is.
    Ahh yes the old trying to assosciate my comment with some discredited ravings about Bohs being on a bad run.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jicked View Post
    No-one's tried to explain the penalty, no-one around me saw it and only copped after a few seconds that it was a penalty given. I've no idea if it hit a hand or not, I'll wait to see MNS.
    And where exactly is the arrogance involved in being a bit peeved that Sligo don't give out tickets for games, when we all know why they don't.

You were constantly fouling us, and played a very physical game. Nothing too wrong with that, but it does mean you're going to give away a lot of fouls, just because Paul Cook waves his arms and rants and raves like a madman doesn't mean they're not fouls.

Delighted to see the Rovers and FAI are in cahoots conspiracy theory come up again though. That was a particularly hilarious one when Bohs went on a bad run of form for the first time in two years (that may have had a little more to do with suspensions, injuries, a transfer embargo and going out of Europe) and suddenly it was all down to the FAI and MNS (?) trying to gift Rovers the league. Until Bohs recovered their form and things went back to normal that is.
    so ye were able to get away with pushing players in the back,dan muarry might as well have asked blinkhorn for a piggy back as he was always climbing on him,the scum you have playing for you Danny Murphy abusing stewards and your scummy fans ripping down a fence when ye scored form your questionable penalty from your 12 man.
    as for the second part that seemed to work well for mon and your players screaming for players to get booked and a bit of respect not to be letting flares off during a minutes silence animals deserve to be treated like animals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by topia View Post
    Maybe someone can clarify but gate receipts arent subject to tax are they? if this is the case then the shamrock rovers fans accusing sligo of fiddling with the numbers are unfounded
    No tax on gate receipts but if a club were to get extra money off the books, it could be spent off the books too.

I'm not accusing Sligo of doing this before anyone gets up in arms!
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post

Link to where any Rovers fan said that "because Paul Cook waves his arms and rants and raves like a madman doesn't mean they're not fouls".
    Goodness gracious me. Did you actually mean you want a link to that? As for the rest of your post I'm simply not bothered with stuff that ridiculous.

It's weird, the Sligo fans I had a pint with before the game were friendly, reasonable, knowledgeable LoI fans. The vast majority of Sligo fans on here are batsh*t crazy. As for your official programme suggesting that Rovers were founded in the mid 2000s by the 400 club, how small minded and ridiculously petty. I think I'm better off just ignoring this place when we play Sligo Rovers, so I'm out of here. Enjoy MNS on Monday night, try not to put your foot through the telly when MON has the temerity to say something outragous such as a draw was a fair result.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovers1 View Post
    Whoever did that deserves a medal.
    In an official club programme? And you wonder why some people say it wasn't a well run event last night? I look forward to a well written article next time we're up at the Showgrounds, entitled something like "Why ders only one Rovers in Ireland and ye're a bunch gaybos LOL"

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi View Post
    No tax on gate receipts but if a club were to get extra money off the books, it could be spent off the books too.

ok thats not the way Jicked was putting it though;

'Indeed, i'm pretty sure you have to issue a ticket to every fan, but Sligo just dish out a few raffle tickets as your proof of purhcase. I'm sure they'll tell the taxman there was 4 blokes and a dog at the game.'

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi View Post

If a club could siphon off say 200 admissions at €15 each league game this would give them €54k "of the books" giving them nearly €19k (35%) to circumvent the SCP and/or the Revenue through under the counter payments to players.

The FAI Lisencing Dept are alive to this possibility and have promised unannounced audits of match day sales this season.

Any club stupid enough to do this deserve any sanction that comes there way

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast