Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trap excludes Steven Reid, Andy Reid, Finnan and Morrison for play-off squad.

Lost in Giovanni Trappatoni's Tactics Board
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    where has this morrison thing come from anyway. trap was never going to call him up. im glad hes gone for stokes. hes younger and more of an option for the future if things keep going well for him at hibs. morrison is out of the picture now if u ask me. thats my opinion anyway.
    i have always like morrison and i think he would be a good inclusion.

Like you i dont understand the anti - stokes thing - if u read my earlier post , i say that he is technically very good. I have no problem with him in the squad at all.

I do agree that morrisson is probably out of the picture - but i think thats a pity - a real pity.

But you have your opinion and i have mine. Once we beat france , we will all be happy no matter who is playing.

Come on Ireland
    My Country is My Club.

Republic of Ireland Forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um_ZvP2cUdo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Finnan is a shock. Thought he'd be in.

Surprised at Stokes too.

Steven Reid is hardly a surprise. Shame but he is clearly not match fit yet.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Of course...you know what's going to happen, right?

Stokes comes on as an 85th minute sub in Paris and scores the qualifying goal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Squad seems perfectly reasonable to me. I dont see any real point in calling up players for a world cup playoff who have played 3 or 4 games in the last 16 months.
    Andy Reid? is there any point in shaking the boat at this late stage?

Its all about percentages at this stage, so the less changes the better.

... but just to cover my back I agree with Paul

Trap Out!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by back of the net View Post
    i have always like morrison and i think he would be a good inclusion.

Like you i dont understand the anti - stokes thing - if u read my earlier post , i say that he is technically very good. I have no problem with him in the squad at all.

I do agree that morrisson is probably out of the picture - but i think thats a pity - a real pity.

But you have your opinion and i have mine. Once we beat france , we will all be happy no matter who is playing.

Come on Ireland
    if u like morrison ive no probs with that, just dont see him adding much longterm. its hard to believe stokes is still only 21. come on the lads

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M@ttitude View Post
    Bringing in Finnan now may just distrupt the camp at the moment? Or maybe not.. But lets just stick to the same gang of players that have been involved in THIS campaign, he's showing faith in his squad.
    Finnan played against Georgia and Montenegro.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    We should all hope that none of our first 13/14 players get injured as I don't like the look of our back ups. But understand Trap not picking Finnan or either Reid as this stage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelys Guitar View Post
    We should all hope that none of our first 13/14 players get injured as I don't like the look of our back ups.
    Hypothetically, if a 1st choice full-back got injured and he did call in Finnan....would he really start McShane, Nolan or Kelly ahead of him?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard of Pace View Post
    Finnan played against Georgia and Montenegro.
    I am surprised that he left a fit Steve Finnan out.. But I think ill trust whatever reason he has to leave him out. For now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelys Guitar View Post
    We should all hope that none of our first 13/14 players get injured as I don't like the look of our back ups. But understand Trap not picking Finnan or either Reid as this stage.
    i think robbie or dunne getting injured would be a disaster. especially robbie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    I'm pretty damn confused about how Trap can pick Shane Long over Morrison. Long hasn't scored and has been on the bench at a pretty bad Reading and Morrison has something like 6 goals. He was injured for a bit but then so was Reid. Also Stephen Kelly over Finnan seems like a poor choice. Trap probably doesn't want to risk S. Reid which is OK. If we do get through he will probably give some of these players a look in friendlies. But Traps got us this far so...
    Last edited by theworm2345; 30/10/2009 at 3:56 PM.
    My Guarantee
    Am looking for old Irish matches on VHS, PM me if you have some and I'll upload them here

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Cant figure out the outrage that Morrison isnt in, he has never been in any Trappatoni squad and people were expecting this to change for the playoffs???? I like Clinton but he was never gonna be anywhere near this squad,neither was Andy Reid.Friendlies are their only hope back now.

Finnan I kinda seen coming because he was never much involved with Trap either.

The Steven Reid one for me is a little bit shocking, I was 100% certain he would be in because Darron Gibson has been injured for over a month now and hasnt even started back training with United. I would suspect that Reid has being placed on standby pending Gibsons fitness and he could well be involved yet.

Anyone calling for Trap out(and being serious) needs to cop on. We have 2 massive games coming up and we need to get behind the team not bitching and moaning all the way in the build up. If we get hammered in both games then we can worry about that sort of crap.
    COME ON YOU BOYS IN GREEN
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy View Post
    Disgusted Stokes is in, the guy hasnt justified his inclusion and his attitude stinks.

Has he not copped on since he left Sunderland? I havent heard any reports of him misbehaving since...
    I

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    Finnan I kinda seen coming because he was never much involved with Trap either.

He came out of retirement due to Trapattoni being the manager, played the friendly against Norway and 90mins away to Georgia and Montenegro. Two of our best performances.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard of Pace View Post
    He came out of retirement due to Trapattoni being the manager, played the friendly against Norway and 90mins away to Georgia and Montenegro. Two of our best performances.
    yeah but I meant mainly due to his injury over the whole campagin.I fully expect him to be back but Trap was always going to stick with what he knew for these games
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    I´m not really that pushed about who is the 6th choice forward but I was seriously hoping Finnan would be a first choice to start both games.

Possibly we could do a one off performance
    but I don't have a good feeling that we can do it over back to back games

Clouds of despair for a few hours.
    On the plus side, the French won't know what we are moaning about with the squad selection, their anxiety levels won't have dropped.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Would ye all stop complaining. First off, there is no way Long and Stokes will see the field in these two games, same for Morrison if he got in the squad so what's the big deal. As for Finnan, O'Shea is the #1 RB and McShane has been there as backup for most of the campaign so why change now? Stephen Reid obviously is not fit enough.

Chill out. It's the same squad as what got us here. Not the time to bring in new players.
    "Jacques Santini...will be greeted in every dugout of the country by "one-nil, one-nil" - Clive Tyldsley, 89th minute of France-England June 13, 2004.
    "Ooooohhhh Nooooooo" Bobby Robson 91st minute.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Murfinator View Post
    I think we all expected Andy and Clint to be left out again, a lot of us suspected Finnan wouldn't be called upon at this late stage either.

But to leave out a fit again Steven Reid after an unfit Steven Reid was called up previously and the man himself has said he's fit and available for selection....baffling.

I'm worried now that Trap feels that some sort of rift developed between them now. Unless of course Steven had another injury set back recently or something, but I'd really like an explanation on this.
    ill give you an explanation... how many games has steven reid played in the last year?
    It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.
    Muhammad Ali

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Don't know why people are getting so excited. None of the excluded players would have started. I thought Finnan might get the nod but he' still coming back to fitness. As someone mentioned earlier, not making loads of changes sends a great message to the squad that the manager trusts them. In all of Traps interviews he makes the point that the players have to believe in themselves and this is just a further step to increase the confidence.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by as_i_say View Post
    Has he not copped on since he left Sunderland? I havent heard any reports of him misbehaving since...

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/spor...ith.5666577.jp

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast