2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSFShels View Post
    Cork are being let away with murder.
    Why So?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Cork still owe players and Matthew's money. Shels do not. There should be a transfer embargo on Cork until they've sorted the players from last season out.
    Lets redefine what it means to heal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Cork still owe players and Matthew's money. Shels do not. There should be a transfer embargo on Cork until they've sorted the players from last season out.
    We owe(afaik) 2 players money. All the rest have been sorted, these 2 are in discussions.

Mathews back pay has been paid. it will be up to the courts to decide what, if any, compensation he is due.

We have broken no rules in this. We have until January 31st to sort out the last couple of players back pay. So why exactly should we have a transfer embargo?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Cork still owe players and Matthew's money. Shels do not.
    I love the way Shels fans preach the righteous preach.

Are Cork not allow the same due process that was Afforded to Shels?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BulmersKid View Post
    I love the way Shels fans preach the righteous preach.

Are Cork not allow the same due process that was Afforded to Shels?
    Are you not aware of when Shels had to put their squad for Division 1 together? And all Shels players were paid 100% of what they owed, so I dunno how you can possibly make a comparison.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    We owe(afaik) 2 players money. All the rest have been sorted, these 2 are in discussions.

Mathews back pay has been paid. it will be up to the courts to decide what, if any, compensation he is due.

We have broken no rules in this. We have until January 31st to sort out the last couple of players back pay. So why exactly should we have a transfer embargo?
    I can't think of many companies that would get away with leaving current/past employees unpaid, but are able to hire and pay new 1s.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Are you not aware of when Shels had to put their squad for Division 1 together? And all Shels players were paid 100% of what they owed, so I dunno how you can possibly make a comparison.
    Were they paid 100% before or after the Licensing Committee withdrew their Premier Division License?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Your players were paid off a fully yes, but not immediately., the situation is the same as ours in that way

We will have the players backpay issue sorted by January 31st, as per the rules.

So again, what are we getting away with, and why should we be punished?
    I can't think of many companies that would get away with leaving current/past employees unpaid, but are able to hire and pay new 1s.
    Seriosuly? You've never heard of a company who ahs had payment agreements with employees hiring new people.

Ffs we had that when Rico was sacked, he was also getting paid in installments and we hired Mathews and players.

you think Shels never owed anyone any money while they signed new players? Delusional.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Seriosuly? You've never heard of a company who ahs had payment agreements with employees hiring new people.
    Cork don't have payment agreements with all employees yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Cork don't have payment agreements with all employees yet.
    And your point? We have until January 31st to do this, as per the rules.

We are in discussions with the 2 players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    And your point? We have until January 31st to do this, as per the rules.

We are in discussions with the 2 players.
    You're only thinking about licencing here. There is/should be a much bigger picture than that. Clubs shouldn't be allowed be a complete mess and treat their players/fans/everyone else like ****, but then tidy it all up come licencing time.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    You're only thinking about licencing here. There is/should be a much bigger picture than that. Clubs shouldn't be allowed be a complete mess and treat their players/fans/everyone else like ****, but then tidy it all up come licencing time.
    And when the new Licensing rules come into force they won't be able to.

But at the moment all Cork are doing is following the rules. No-one said it was perfect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    No, Im thinking about the rules. You are saying we should be punished, without actually breaking a rule....

I agree, clubs shouldnt be allowed treat people like crap but it happens in business the world over. The FAI try to limit this here with the rules about having players wages sorted for liucensing. There has to be some sort of deadline, it cant just be arbitrary.

We are in negotiations with players about contracts and their backpay, these negotiations take time. It's not as simple as 'Sort it out now'.

We don't have the money to pay all the backpay immediately, so it is being structured over time through their wages.

Because of this we can now sign some other players so that we can have a team before the transfer window closes.

People are talking like we're signing huge amounts of players.

We have 11 players under contract. 9 full time and 2 part time. That is all so far

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    I'm thinking more employment regulations here. Surely, theres a rule about employing new staff when old ones have been unpaid for quite some time now. It doesn't really matter that the club are in talks with them. For all we know those talks could go belly up. Theres no reason why the players should have to accept anything less than 100% anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    I'm thinking more employment regulations here. Surely, theres a rule about employing new staff when old ones have been unpaid for quite some time now.
    Unpaid? They agreed to a wage deferral legally. This is now being dealt with. They have been paid in full since Coughlan came in, its the deferred wages that are being discussed
    It doesn't really matter that the club are in talks with them. For all we know those talks could go belly up.
    Theres no reason why the players should have to accept anything less than 100% anyway.
    The players arent accepting anything less than 100%(other than Danny Murphy, long story that involves a promise from Arkaga which made him one of the creditors that accepted 7.5% for some of his wages). All thats being negotiated is the time frame in which it will be paid in conjunction with new contract negotiations in most cases

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    But surely Cork should be forced to sort those players who are as yet unpaid out before they go signing new 1s? What you're saying doesn't really dispute that fact. I'm sure if I wasn't getting paid in work, the job told me they weren't able to pay me my backpay until the 30th of May, I agreed, and then on the 20th of April, new employees were hired, I'd have some rights within the law.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    But surely Cork should be forced to sort those players who are as yet unpaid out before they go signing new 1s? What you're saying doesn't really dispute that fact. I'm sure if I wasn't getting paid in work, the job told me they weren't able to pay me my backpay until the 30th of May, I agreed, and then on the 20th of April, new employees were hired, I'd have some rights within the law.
    You are really making a big deal over this.

Firstly Cork Haven't signed anyone NEW yet. They have just sorted out who the manager is.

Now with that sorted the new chairman can go about sorting out the backpay issue with the two players in question while the manager can sort out the bit about putting a team together for next year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    You are really making a big deal over this.

Firstly Cork Haven't signed anyone NEW yet. They have just sorted out who the manager is.
    Yes they have. Davin O'Neill and Kevin Murray. Apparently Kuduzovic aswell. And it clearly is a big deal. You're dealing with people's livelihoods here. I know Shels didn't sort everyone out on time, but at least there was the consolation that everyone got 100%.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Yes they have. Davin O'Neill and Kevin Murray. Apparently Kuduzovic aswell. And it clearly is a big deal. You're dealing with people's livelihoods here. I know Shels didn't sort everyone out on time, but at least there was the consolation that everyone got 100%.
    Murray hasn't signed, but I stand corrected on Davin O'Neill. He has signed on a Part-Time contract.

But if Shels didn't sort everyone out on time, then what are you jumping up and down about. Cork are in the process of sorting it out. 2 left to do. These things don't happen over night. And AFAIK everyone will get whats is owed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Murray hasn't signed, but I stand corrected on Davin O'Neill. He has signed on a Part-Time contract.

But if Shels didn't sort everyone out on time, then what are you jumping up and down about. Cork are in the process of sorting it out. 2 left to do. These things don't happen over night. And AFAIK everyone will get whats is owed.
    Shels didn't sign a single player til everyone was sorted out. There were financial difficulties but no1 was messed about.

Page 50 of 117 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast