Page 66 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1717

Thread: Rate the last film you saw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    Philip Seymour Hoffman was immense in it. Again. Has he ever acted badly?
    No. One of my favourite actors of all time and in my current top 3 actors with Vincent Cassel and Matt Damon. I can watch anything with those guys.

I find it hard to rate actresses as i am blinded to female acting skill by my own perversion. With that in mind my current top 3 actresses are Sophia Vergara, Jessica Biel and Mila Kunis.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,341 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    I find it hard to rate actresses as i am blinded to female acting skill by my own perversion. With that in mind my current top 3 actresses are Sophia Vergara, Jessica Biel and Mila Kunis.
    On a similar note, I would pay money to watch Natalie Portman read the phone book cover to cover.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

4. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    247 Posts
    [QUOTE=SkStu;1564711

I find it hard to rate actresses as i am blinded to female acting skill by my own perversion. With that in mind my current top 3 actresses are Sophia Vergara, Jessica Biel and Mila Kunis.[/QUOTE]

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    War Horse, took time this evening to watch it instead of going to hockey. Well worth it. I don't know if it's possible for a horse to win an Oscar, but he deserves it. Well put together movie, some very funny moments, moving on occasions and strong acting performances. One of the better movies I've seen in the last 12months. 8/10.

Had a movie filled December and start of 2012, oldest were the best, including Ghostbusters, Nigh****ch and Daywatch.

Agree totally on Mission Impossible 3, I'd not seen it before, somehow, yet it really was good. 2 was a mess, the first was really good. Going to try see 4 on Friday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    Moneyball.

Hate baseball but really enjoyed this. Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill were great together. Gotta question his decision in the end though. Loser. Id highly recommend it though. 8/10

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Seen a bunch recently, the few that stick out most:

Horrible Bosses - 6.5/10. Pretty funny for the first half or so then slowed down quite a bit
    Windy City Heat - 7/10. Sort of a mix between Borat and An Idiot Abroad, I thought it was pretty good, though that could be mainly because I know someone exactly like the main character
    Once Were Warriors - 9/10. Thoroughly enjoyed this one, had already read the book but the movie was still very good
    Meet the Feebles - 7.5/10. Possibly the strangest feature film I've ever seen, was quite funny at times
    My Guarantee
    Am looking for old Irish matches on VHS, PM me if you have some and I'll upload them here

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Safe house - I like Ryan Reynolds, can just about tolerate Denzel Washington, and despite an early exit and sideline role like Liam Cunningham and Brendan Gleeson respectively. But this is a movie that just didn't seem to know where it wanted to go. Be like Bourne, Bond or Johnny English, it tried to do too much. The dialogue was poor, it was all stereotyped and I sat through it only because I was at a friends house. 2/10.

Man on a ledge - It was nice to see Billy Elliott turn up again, the movie was interesting. Decent suspense, nice acting and some good efforts in the script. Worth seeing on the big screen but a real once off movie. 5/10

The Grey - Sad, depressing, formulaic (every war movie cliche used - don't people know by now never EVER tell about your family or life) and great scenery. I liked the ending because it was very Irish. Would have liked to have seen a bit of cannibalism in it, to make it more fun, but worth a watch on the big screen. Good acting in it and some real look through the finger moments too. 7/10

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Saw The Muppets on Sunday and it was a great jaunt. Thoroughly recommended.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    425 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    Saw The Muppets on Sunday and it was a great jaunt. Thoroughly recommended.
    Went to see Shame a few weeks ago on my birthday. Think Kermit the Frog does tortured sex addict confronting his repressed demons.

I though it was very good, the fiancee though it was one of the worst films she's ever seen. It's pretty slow burning and the lack of any real resolution will bother a lot of people, she pointed out that I had read a synopsis of the film which gave it some context and that I might have seen it differently otherwise. It was probably a fair point as there is a lot of ambiguous stuff going on. Worth a watch I'd say about 7/10.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Clerks - Not sure why I hadn't seen it before. Didn't think it was quite as good as I'd expected

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo View Post
    Clerks - Not sure why I hadn't seen it before. Didn't think it was quite as good as I'd expected
    A frightfully over rated turd sandwich of a movie.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Good soundtrack though.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Finally got around to watching the Harry Potters for the first time. Really enjoyed them but felt it was bit of an anticlimax in the end to be totally honest. Still some good films and would have to give the who series of them 8/10. Don't think i'd ever sit down and watch them again unless they where on telly some night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo View Post
    It's a grand film for one so cheaply put together and a first outing for Kevin Smith. Wouldn't rate it as top class or anything but any time i've seen it I have found it enjoyable.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts
    Clerks has something about it alright... For a first film it's a damn good effort. Dogma, though, is miles better.

Saw Smith and Jason Mewes in Vicar St last week - two hours of them sitting at a table talking to each other and telling an*l gags in between some interesting stuff about the process of film-making. Oddly, a very entertaining evening!!
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

18. Thanks From:

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Clerks is an excellent movie, considering its a first off and virtually no budget. Was he not working in that store as well?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennocelt View Post
    Clerks is an excellent movie, considering its a first off and virtually no budget. Was he not working in that store as well?
    Think it was just his local store but all the actors in it where just friends or friends of friends. Dogma, Chasing Amy and Mallrats where probably better films. It's a pity his movies have gone downhill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Fast Five Review

So here we go. At long last. This review has been a long time coming. It has been nearly a year since Fast Five has been released in the cinema. It is only now after a lot of soul-searching, do
    I find myself ready to commit my thoughts to the ages. So dear reader, sit back, relax, pour a cold one, drop your pants and let my Fast Five review wash over you like a fine Burgundy wine.

After my critically acclaimed 2009 review/ lovefest of Fast and Furious (see http://foot.ie/threads/104996-Rate-t...t=#post1145132), as you can imagine I was pretty pumped to see the sequel. I was simply giddy at the thoughts of seeing my personal heroes Vin Diesel and Paul Walker return to the screen as the iconic Dominic "Dom" Toretto and Brian O'Connor. Plus the addition of Dwayne Johnson to the cast was the proverbial blue cheese on the cracker. So what did we get?

We got a serious game changer folks. This film is a love letter to cinema. A film made by film lovers for the film connoisseur.
    Not only do we get a film which redefines the way we think and feel about cinema, we got something that provides guidelines for how one should live their life.
    We also got some incredible action sequences. A car chase at the end will live long in the memory.

But Fast Five is so much more than a big budget action piece (although we get plenty of that too). This film is all about the characters and the relationships they have developed with us the viewers. I sat on the edge of my seat, gripped, eyes welling with as Dom and Brian discussed the roles their fathers played in their respective lives. The intensity of their emotions has compelled me to a better father. Diesel and Walker continue to prove they are the De Niro and Pacino of their genaration. Their on screen chemistry and ability to shift gears, emotionally and literally, is effortless.

I close by saying if I could make sweet love with any film then this would be that film.
    And like the cars in the film it would be very fast.

Roll on Fast 6/Fast 7.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Saw Slumdog Millionaire the other day. I suppose most people saw that ages ago. Was always put off watching it for some reason but it was thoroughly engaging, even uplifting, though that sounds a bit lame. Also watched Office Space recently during a protracted procrastination session. It's not the most energetic film, but it's got a nice, dry wit the whole way through and an oddly fitting gangster rap soundtrack. It was a fun distraction, and it's on Sky all the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Watched Round Ireland with a Fridge on BBC Iplayer last night. True story of an flailing English comedian who agrees to a drunken bet to go around Ireland hitchhiking with a fridge within a calender month. No real laugh out loud parts(all the irish seem to be thick weirdos though), but it's one of those random films whereby at the end I couldn't decide if it was really good or just really crap. IMDB gives it a 5 out of 10 though. . .

Page 66 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast