Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 60 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1720

Thread: Rate the last film you saw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,695 Posts
    watched The Fighter and The Social Network over the weekend.

I thought both were fantastic.

TSN - fast paced, well acted and just really interesting. Alot of the facts werent so factual however but ignoring that, it was a great watch. 8/10

The Fighter - sublime from Christian Bale. Fascinating story and brilliant characters brilliantly portrayed. A really good examination of family relationships/politics. The sisters were brilliant!!! Amy Adams is effortlessly sexy. 9/10
    I like high energy football. A little bit rock and roll. Many finishes instead of waiting for the perfect one.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,695 Posts
    watched Fargo again for the first time in a few years at the weekend there. I forgot just how brilliant and funny it was. Really excellent film. And Frances McDormand was deadly in it - totally deserved the Best Actress Oscar that year (though it was a pretty weak year imo).

I like high energy football. A little bit rock and roll. Many finishes instead of waiting for the perfect one.

4. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Watched "Takers" the other day, I thought "Armored" was the worst heist flick I've seen, "Takers" just took the crown.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    430 Posts
    Insidious -

This felt like a real throwback to some of the classic 80's horrors like Nighmare on Elm Street. Early on in the film I really though I was going to hate it, I found the actors, the volume and the shooting irritating but it was a bit of a slow burner and once it got into it's stride it made for an enjoyable show. There's some genuinely decent scares and it never tries to be anything other than a formulaic horror film, it sticks to the basics and for the most part does them well. Definitely worth checking out for the horror buffs.

It's about a 7/10.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    430 Posts
    The Hangover 2 -

If you enjoyed the first one you'll definitely enjoy this one. It was a bit of a slow starter and ran out of steam at the end but I laughed a lot in the middle and I suppose that's the test of a comedy. There's a few brilliant set pieces and memorable scenes, but I won't spoil it for anyone. There's far worse ways to spend an evening.

8/10

Tallaght Stadium Regular

8. Thanks From:

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    To get me in the mood for the football yesterday and for tomorrow (Im home!) watched two football related movies

Cass - about the infamous West Ham hooligan, Cass Pennant. Wasnt so bad, was a decent enough story and was better than a lot of similar footie hooligan movies.
    Rise of the footsoldier - a movie about a former West ham hoolie who then went onto more serious crime. Started off promising enough but then took a turn for the worse. Ended up disjointed, too much silly dialogue, ham acting, and meaningless violence.
    At least Danny Wire wasnt in either movie, which is a refreshing change I guess!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    Saw Pirates of the Caribbean 4, fun, good for kids, and if I were 6 I'd figure on a life as a highwayman of the seas! Johnny Depp was his usual best, Geoffrey Rush good as always and Penelope Cruz was good but not great. Fun movie, but still not as good or fresh as the 1st. 6/10

Too big to fail - a documentary on the start of the financial meltdown, all centred on the US Treasury Sec. (Paulson) and it is something that is interesting to watch. Took 2 sittings to complete it though worth it. 6/10

Agree with Bennocelt on Rise of the Footsoldier, started well but the violence was a bit ott.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Braveheart - 8.5/10 (hadn't seen it till now as didn't want to sit for 3 hours, but was worth it)
    Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton) - 4/10
    Another 48 Hrs. - 6/10

EDIT: Saw Hangover 2 tonight, probably 8.5/10
    Last edited by theworm2345; 31/05/2011 at 5:39 AM.
    My Guarantee
    Am looking for old Irish matches on VHS, PM me if you have some and I'll upload them here

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    3 movies seen recently

NEDS by Peter Mullin. Dysfunctional kids in inner city Glasgow, violent! TBH was a little let down as was expecting a bit more from Mullin. The story was fine but it was left all a bit flat in the end. The one thing that was good was the lead actor was amazing, never seen him before but he had that menacing look down to a tee and hope to see him again in the future.

127 Guy trapped in cave, hacks off arm. Enjoyed this, excellent movie, well shot, good acting, good story. Which is strange as I had read the odd few negative reviews.

The Hangover Not bad but definitely not the classic I had heard so much about. But wasn't disappointed as I expect this kind of frat humour from these kind of movies, and it says a lot about peoples tastes. Good story but with that script you would expect a much better effort and some funnier dialogue. But then I'm not 12 and don't find boob jokes hilarious anymore!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,695 Posts
    watched Sexy Beast again yesterday afternoon. **** me, what a film. What a performance from Ben Kingsley - one of the scariest performances of all time in my opinion.

"You are going to have to turn this opportunity yes!"

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts
    ^^^Excellent movie,Ray Winstone outstanding in at as well as the "nice" robber.
    Last edited by the 12 th man; 21/06/2011 at 10:45 AM.

15. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    164 Posts
    Finally got around to watching Kick-Ass the other night. Good fun. 8/10.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemovie View Post
    Finally got around to watching Kick-Ass the other night. Good fun. 8/10.
    Isn't it surprisingly more entertaining than you thought it would be? Watched it last new years day. Perfect hangover movie.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    If anyone can get their hands on it, Montevideo, bog t0 video (Montevideo god bless you), there is a different translation for the title. It's a partially true story of the 1930 World Cup and how a team developed to represent Yugoslavia. It's interesting and the actors are among the best of the Serbian community. Some flaws in it but as football movies go it's like the USA one (can't remember the name of the 1950 events). Not a patch on Escape to Victory of course, but nothing can be so perfect!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    430 Posts
    Bad Teacher - Mildy amusing if not hilarious. Depends on how much you like Cameron Diaz and if you can stomach Justin Timberlake. A couple of decent laughs and I wouldn't have demanded my money back but I'd be in no hurry to see it again and you won't be missing out on anything if you don't get to see it.
    5/10

Bridesmaids - Much better than I expected, some really genuine laugh out loud moments and overall a very enjoyable film. The characters are pretty engaging for the most part and I think it would pass a second viewing too.
    8/10

Tallaght Stadium Regular

FORMERLY: shannonman Lev Yashin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Transformers 3
    Awful awful truely awful film, They replaced Megan the Fox with a weird looking yoke who cant act.
    They didn't bother with a plot. And i know I should have known, but seriously this is worse than you can possibly imagine.
    Even the fight scenes(which I'm sure cost a fortune to make) are hideous, it's impossible to tell whats going on half the time.
    I went with a mate who loves summer blockbusters and he even thought it was pants.

Avoid
    1/10
    My Goal Is To Deny Yours...

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    398 Posts
    I couldn't sleep last night so I opened up a box set I'd bought as a gift in a store - the Back to the Future trilogy. Now sitting in a 3-star hotel room laughing my head off at 1am (Calvin Klein) was bad enough, then part 2 was still funny. But the 3rd part was actually very interesting. I remember winning tickets to see the premier in the Savoy long ago. If anyone alive enough to remember the movies, watch them again, truly funny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Watched Rogue Trader on TV the other night. I never knew there was a film made, it's about Nick Leesons time at Barings Bank. Nothing special about it, but if you've 90 minutes to kill there's worse things to watch. 6/10

The Dam Busters(quite an oldie, its B&W). Film about how the Dam Buster raids came about in WW2, found it quite interesting(in fairness I'd find any WW2 war film interesting) . 8/10 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046889/

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    290 Posts
    Saw the final Harry Potter film on Saturday- it's pretty damn good. The action sequences are some of the best I've seen and it's got just the right balance of character and action. The 3D effect (which I'm not a massive fan of) is odd in that it makes the film appear to extend backwards into the screen rather than out of it. Still not sold on 3D in any film, it's usually pretty unnecessary. There's a few large bits of back story left out entirely but beyond dividing the final book into four films I'm not sure what else they could have done.

The acting is alright- as one of the cast said during the week, they were chosen for their resemblance to the characters in the book rather than any acting ability- but is really is extraordinary to have seen almost the entire cast and particularly the three leads grow up almost in real time over the past decade.

It's definitely worth seeing although you'd need to have a little prior knowledge. Oh and Neville steals the show.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,695 Posts
    watched the Adjustment Bureau last night. I really enjoyed the movie, i thought it was a good story and the chemistry between Matt Damon and Emily Blunt was exceptional - pretty rare compared to the rubbish we are presented with on a regular basis. I would take away major points for the end though, all a bit too mushy and convenient. Cowardly ending. Overall i enjoyed it greatly though. 7/10.

Also saw Hangover 2 on Saturday night. Predictable as hell but seriously funny. Ken Jeong is a legend. 7.5/10.

Page 60 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast