Page 48 of 61 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Parrott F Excelsior Rotterdam (loan from Spurs) b.2002

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    It really isn't. Another season in League 1 would be a wasted year for him now, he has moved on from that level. Cameron Archer went to Preston for the second half of last season and scored 7 goals in 20 appearances. As a result he may well get a shot with the Aston Villa first team this season. So that's the template they're looking to follow with Parrott.
    But how do they play? Are they set up in a way to suit him?

Millwall wasn't good and let's hope he can avoid a repeat of that.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Preston seem to play some OK stuff these days. Pretty typical Championship stuff, but not hoofball.

Here are Archer's goals for them last season to give an idea of what role Parrott might be expected to play.

Last edited by tetsujin1979; 25/07/2022 at 2:32 PM. Reason: Embedded video

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Preston seem to play some OK stuff these days. Pretty typical Championship stuff, but not hoofball.

Here are Archer's goals for them last season to give an idea of what role Parrott might be expected to play.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oFtIKgSlsF4
    Thats great and thanks
    Surely thats the key. If he fits in as a 10 then he will do very well. I'm not sure he is fast enough to be an out and out 9

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Speculation has been that Spurs were insisting that wherever he went on loan it’s to be as a number 9. I think that’s where Preston are short too so he’ll most likely be their main central striker. Hopefully he can start the season well.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Looks like one of the reasons he's going to Preston is so that he gets a chance to play as a 9:

https://theathletic.com/news/tottenh.../oRGVMRoSoTnJ/

He has been linked with Middlesbrough and Swansea, with Sunderland and QPR believed to have expressed interest as well.
    But manager Lowe, who replaced Frankie McAvoy last December, may have specified a particular position – No 9 – for Parrott, which could be what Spurs would prefer.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAD View Post
    Genuinely would be better going back to MK Dons…am absolutely dire loan.
    Really? I'm surprised by this reaction.

What would a good loan move have looked like to you?

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    Speculation has been that Spurs were insisting that wherever he went on loan it’s to be as a number 9. I think that’s where Preston are short too so he’ll most likely be their main central striker. Hopefully he can start the season well.
    Do they play 3-5-2? I'm having a look here at a match report from their friendly with Hearts 5 days ago and it looks like they do, with two strikers playing that game - Evans and Riis. I would assume that Parrott is going to partner the big man Riis who got 16 goals last season. They seem to be very short of striker options outside of Riis with Ched Evans being 33 (and being Ched Evans) and Seani Maguire is probably a victim of the formation given that he was playing wide forward in a 4-2-3-1 and doing his best work there.

Parrott is going to get as many games as he wants.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Move confirmed, and a new contract with Spurs until 2025
    https://www.pnefc.net/news/2022/july...rrott-on-loan/
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    I had read the same accounts about Spurs insisting on a club that will play him as a 9 so this seems to fit.

I also see it as a possibly promising sign as to Spurs perspective on Parrott. It wasnt too long ago that some reports were saying that they had, for all intents and purposes, given up on Troy as a future Spurs starter but this would suggest that they do actually have a vision for him and how he can fit with their long term plans. His performances for Ireland maybe reopened their eyes as to what he can do if given the chance. If they were purely looking at moving him on in the short term, you'd imagine they'd have been fine with him spending another season in a 10/wide striker role, proving himself at a higher level and solidifying his market value as a support striker.

Maybe I am reading too much into it, getting a little giddy.

10. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Do they play 3-5-2? I'm having a look here at a match report from their friendly with Hearts 5 days ago and it looks like they do, with two strikers playing that game - Evans and Riis. I would assume that Parrott is going to partner the big man Riis who got 16 goals last season. They seem to be very short of striker options outside of Riis with Ched Evans being 33 (and being Ched Evans) and Seani Maguire is probably a victim of the formation given that he was playing wide forward in a 4-2-3-1 and doing his best work there.

Parrott is going to get as many games as he wants.
    I watched the highlights of the game at the weekend where they played Leicester to see how Brady was doing at left wing back and they played 532 same as we have set up in recent games with the width coming from the wing backs and the strikers staying central. The ris lad is no number 10 so I'd say the best parrott will get if they play together is to be a 9 and a half!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Did ok apparently, missed a couple of chances including this one: https://twitter.com/jun_hotspur/stat...OS5AMvdnhoFPXQ

Hopefully he can score a couple soon and settles down, so we are not back into a deja vu scenario

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    Did ok apparently, missed a couple of chances including this one: https://twitter.com/jun_hotspur/stat...OS5AMvdnhoFPXQ

Hopefully he can score a couple soon and settles down, so we are not back into a deja vu scenario
    I watched the full game and he did fine, nothing too spectacular. His touch was excellent at times and his link up play with Robbie Brady could be an enjoyable watch this season. He should have had at least 1 goal and had pretty decent chance for 2nd before he was taken off. I can see him getting plenty of goals this season there.

14. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    I watched the full game and he did fine, nothing too spectacular. His touch was excellent at times and his link up play with Robbie Brady could be an enjoyable watch this season. He should have had at least 1 goal and had pretty decent chance for 2nd before he was taken off. I can see him getting plenty of goals this season there.
    Yeah was denied one by a great save one on one and right before he came off he had a break he pulled wide. They seem like a side who will make a lot of chances for him.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Surprised nobody noted it yet, but Parrott is off the mark for the season, opening the scoring in Preston's 4-1 Carabao Cup win over Huddersfield: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62388025

17. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samhaydenjr View Post
    Surprised nobody noted it yet, but Parrott is off the mark for the season, opening the scoring in Preston's 4-1 Carabao Cup win over Huddersfield: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62388025
    Do u have a clip of his goal?
    Thanks

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    Thanks
    It's here at the moment, he reacts well to a saved shot and tucks away the rebound;
    https://twitter.com/TheSpursScout/st...JfMTcCOLXS1mIw

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    Thanks
    Highlights of the game are here, Parrott's goal is right at the start
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    417 Posts
    Parrott had a very good game last night. Should have scored but his all round play was very good again playing as the lone CF. Linked up well with Brady last night who also seemed to be talking with him throughout the match.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    A very good sign that he looks like he can play the lone striker role already at 20. A lot of good strikers can't do that until they're 24 or 25. Just needs to add a few more goals to his game but that will hopefully come as the season progresses.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    417 Posts
    Yeah last week he held his own away to Luton which is not an easy place to go to these days and they're a physical side that also play three at the back. Was surprised he's played well as the lone CF when you consider his best run last season was playing out wide at League One level.

Page 48 of 61 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast