Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Evan Ferguson F Brighton b.2004

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    I complained last year that Parrott was stagnating because he was in 1st team squad but played zero games for underage teams so he had no football for months on end. Looking back now I dont know if that has hurt his development or hes just not a good as we hoped, or maybe its a bit of both.

With Ferguson at 16 years old he just needs to play football and lets see where he ends up. A couple of years with the underage teams and maybe some preseason with the 1st team will do him world of good.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    I hope he doesn’t get too much bigger. How many giants to you see playing top level football ? Don’t we have a young centre back that is probably big enough already as well = = Not a problem we usually have. We usually have fellas that are a bit small.
    He's an early developer - unlikely he will grow much more. His dad was 6'2/6'3 so would expect he'll end up the same.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Nominated for PL2 Player of the Month for August
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    711 Posts
    Standing out at U23 level at just 16 is impressive.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    yep, some good news in a bad week never hurts!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    It'll be interesting if he starts tomorrow. Winning the penalty aside, I thought Kayode wasn't great against Bosnia and Ferguson's cameo looked very lively.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    I'm going down to the game tomorrow, so if people have the stomach for it, I'll try and do a report similar to elatedscum on the 17s.

I hope ferguson starts myself. he reminds me of someone else who has burst onto the international scene and club scene in a meteoric way.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

10. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Ferguson s goal tonight very impressive, great hold up play to start it off looked like decent pace and very nice finish

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Seems to be fourth choice striker at Brighton now, after Maupay, Wellbeck and Connolly, probably in that order.

Would definitely expect him to get more minutes for the senior team in the next round of the cup. Wouldn't be beyond possibility that he might make a Premier League bench before too long, especially as Wellbeck is injury prone. They may wait until after he turns 17 though, he will likely sign a new contract to tie him down at that point.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Seems to be fourth choice striker at Brighton now, after Maupay, Wellbeck and Connolly, probably in that order.

Would definitely expect him to get more minutes for the senior team in the next round of the cup. Wouldn't be beyond possibility that he might make a Premier League bench before too long, especially as Wellbeck is injury prone. They may wait until after he turns 17 though, he will likely sign a new contract to tie him down at that point.
    Fourth choice at his stage is an unbelievable achievement. He just needs to get cup game time and stay fit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Wouldn't he be making the bench in Connolly's absence today if he was 4th choice?

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    The above few posts concern me for different, but related, reasons.

1. I've seen the same montage of clips of Ev over the past 18 months as they've been posted as everyone else has. when the last 19s squad was announced I wondered why he wasn't in it. With no injury, that pointed to a 21s call-up, which I could understand given our difficulties in the position, his star being in the ascendancy. A sensible decision.
    2. Having watched him in the flesh against Luxembourg, my initial gut reaction post-match was that it was too soon for him.* He's a physical specimen
    3. Having watched him, and felt that 21s was too soon for him, if he's called up to the Brighton first team squad and gets onto the bench, or moreso, makes his debut, my gut reaction is that Brighton are ****ed. Because he'll be chewed up and spat out, quickly. **

There's no perverse pleasure in saying that. He seems like a really nice kid, with a father who knows the game, and the pitfalls and who seems sound enough himself. But if he was to make his debut or be part of their squad, and succeed, then that to me draws attention to something that should be of more concern to us here, and that is how a fella could look so out of his depth at the highest underage level, but then have the wherewithal to play for a Premier League side.

* fully aware, and commented on it in the match thread, that I didn't think Ferry had a good game outside him, and that we struggled to gain ground through the middle until Devoy started to tick. But the couple of times the ball did come to him, he didn't control it well, and the Lux cb managed him.

** also appreciate that with better players around him (possibly - it is Brighton though) that he could very easily fare better, but my overriding impression is that he's better running on to ball. Not sure that would be a runner (pun intended) at Brighton. I would absolutely be interested in seeing him go somewhere like MK Dons next season for a year to replace Parrott.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Played for Brighton Under 21s against Walsall in the Johnstone's Paint trophy or whatever it's called now. Seems to have played well up until Gary Dicker got himself sent off for Brighton, but quieter after they went down to 10. Apparently there were 19 scouts at the game, all there to see Ferguson. Brighton cannot tie him down to a long contract until his 17th birthday, so he might get a few offers.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

19. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Played for Brighton Under 21s against Walsall in the Johnstone's Paint trophy or whatever it's called now. Seems to have played well up until Gary Dicker got himself sent off for Brighton, but quieter after they went down to 10. Apparently there were 19 scouts at the game, all there to see Ferguson. Brighton cannot tie him down to a long contract until his 17th birthday, so he might get a few offers.
    Did Dicker get himself sent off to go and frighten away the 19 scouts ? Clever management.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,611 Posts
    A goal tonight for Evan in the EFL Trophy. More than a handful of tweets mentioning his readiness for the first team squad.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,679 Posts
    Amazing goal in grown-up football.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Nice goal

Although still underage football in reality. Northampton had several senior players unavailable so had a youth team out with a couple of seniors, including one 15 year old. Promising though, Evan just needs to keep going. Loan in January or stay with u23s and hope to be dipping his toes with seniors in new year? Only 17, so best he stays with Brighton for the year and is taken care of IMO
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 03/11/2021 at 2:25 PM. Reason: embedded tweet

25. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    The size of the f**ker!! He is a monster for 17

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    The mad thing about that goal is that he shows savage physicality to hold off and eventually pull away from the man. But he married it with an absolute peach of a finish. Physical, technical.

28. Thanks From:

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast