Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Perth sacked

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    May I politely suggest you not clutch your pearls so tightly.
    No you may not

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    893 Posts
    May I politely suggest you not clutch your pearls so tightly.

May I with equal politeness suggest you familiarise yourself with the forum rules on swearing?
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    I wasn't aware that constituted swearing Sincere apologies for my profanity if anyone of a weak disposition was somehow offended by my obvious courseness.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    What's with Perth whore-ing himself out on national radio trying to get the gig back at dundalk. I know he couldn't get a job elsewhere, it seems, but surely its never a good idea to go back begging to the bird who dumped year a year ago, no?
    He is correct in saying that dundalk have the players to still win the league - christ knows they spent enough on the squad.
    9 points behind the leaders can be made up over the course of the renaming 30 games or so.
    Whatever your thoughts on Perth he generally backs things up with his reasoning. He has said that he feels that a coach out of work should be interested in the Dundalk job, the squad is there to still challenge for silverware, he still has contact with club owners and feels a conversation could be had about the possibility of returning while acknowledging that the club may not be interested in that chat. Its pragmatic imo.

You know that he couldnt get a job elsewhere but then you seem to question that knowledge?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Not surprised at any football coach in Ireland trying to maneuver themselves into the running for a full-time job and wouldn't begrudge them for it. Prospects here are absolutely dismal for anyone trying to make a living as a manager. Listening to Buffalo Bill playing armchair quarterback would be a small price to pay for a job with that sort of budget available to you.

Dundalk, on the other hand, would be absolutely off their nut to consider taking Perth back months after sacking him.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    OK, I didn't see that myself. They were obviously told by the FAI to sort it out, but you would have thought that would be a rewording of roles on the website and programme, like at Pats? I don't remember it being suggested that the FAI told them to hold a press conference and gave them a script of what to say.

I have visions of Scanlon and Roche behind the scenes like Ant and Dec... "Shane, now say the buck stops with me in your best Louth accent"
    i'd say Dundalk were just under UEFA's microscope from the Europa League and the shadow coaching fine, so they were following up to make sure the FAI got it straight. If it had been Pats in that situation I'd say it would have been the same, but as far as I remember they've always been clear that Mathews is the manager and O'Donnell the head coach (even though it's obviously not how it is in reality).

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Whatever your thoughts on Perth he generally backs things up with his reasoning. He has said that he feels that a coach out of work should be interested in the Dundalk job, the squad is there to still challenge for silverware, he still has contact with club owners and feels a conversation could be had about the possibility of returning while acknowledging that the club may not be interested in that chat. Its pragmatic imo.

You know that he couldnt get a job elsewhere but then you seem to question that knowledge?
    Yeah, there's a handful of professional coaching jobs in the league and any coach would be mad to rule themselves out from one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Well all the well connected journalists didn't join those dots or chose not to, why ruin a good story. Which could explain why JM is not interested in talking to them.
    The real question is why journalists chose to ignore the managerial qualification issues that have been going on for years, and not just at Dundalk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Parker View Post
    The real question is why journalists chose to ignore the managerial qualification issues that have been going on for years, and not just at Dundalk.
    I think they've all been covered extensively when they've arisen. It was well-publicised Rovers had to bring in Sami Ristila when Bradley's 60 days expired, before he got on the Pro license course. Gill was brought in because Perth didn't have a PL, same with Giovagnoli when Gill left and Keegan was left over. And it's been widely stated about Alan Mathews being the PL holder at Pats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    How many are there now? O'Donnell, Sheedy, Higgins, ?. 30% of managers not qualified!
    Personally I think coaches educating themselves is a positive thing but I don't think the Pro License should be mandatory to get the job.
    Maybe have a situation where grants are given to clubs based on the number of qualified coaches they have throughout the whole club. The more they have, the more they would receive.
    Sure wasn't the former CEO exaggerating his own professional qualifications too!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Has the David Healy to Dundalk rumour got any mileage in it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finlay Harp View Post
    Has the David Healy to Dundalk rumour got any mileage in it?
    Doubt it. Leave comfort for that? Chris Shields going to play for him has more legs.
    As Irishmen we dilute our sense of nation by depending on the English to bring us our balls

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/sport/...-only-20534526

Healt certainly not denying it anyway. You would have to assume there is some substance to it.

FWIW, surely it would be a disastrous move for both parites.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCWA View Post

Healt certainly not denying it anyway. You would have to assume there is some substance to it.

Why so?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Why so?
    Can’t see Healy succeeding in Dundalk. Or arguably anywhere in Ireland away from Linfield.

From his perspective he is leaving a gift of a job to join the circus.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts

It may be that Magilton would like there to be something in it, but it's Healy's thoughts which count.

And seeing as LFC say they're currently putting together a new 3 year contract offer, I wonder whether DH isn't using "interest" from DFC as a negotiating ploy?

Maybe Magilton is very persuasive, but I still can't see why DH would leave LFC for Dundalk.

He's very secure where he is, they're stable and with big plans for the future. Meaning that to tempt him away he'd surely want something that offers him a clear step-up from what he has?

And while the DFC of 2 or 3 seasons ago would have fitted that bill, they've since regressed, with no guarantee they'll get back to that level very quickly, even if the new manager does well personally.

But still, if it went some way to "screwing the Bloos", I'd love to see it happen!

17. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    I too heard of that DH rumour but I ave a feeling VP will go back to Dundalk again. Why I dont know but I saw him on the touchline at Bishopsgate after the final whistle. I seen him at Sligo game too.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Really? Was he doing a media gig or something? I can't see any other valid reason for him to be at the games under current rules.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Really? Was he doing a media gig or something? I can't see any other valid reason for him to be at the games under current rules.
    Yeah wondering was he scoutin for someone I wonder?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Would put my house on Healy not going to Dundalk.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast