Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI Cup games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    Are you fkn joking? Dundalk were 3-1 up at ht after dominating all but about 15 of the 1st half
    I'll get the guards around to you to arrest you for stupid -if thats a crime?
    Jesus wept for more than your reportage!
    I dont think there is any need to resort to personal abuse because you dont agree with me.
    That was my view and ritchie Sadlier and Byrne both said at the end of the game that there wasn't a 2 goal difference between the teams at half time and that the game would have been very different if bohs had scored when rogers made two great saves in the second half (when he injured himself ) , then the sending off killed the game.

Sorry if that doesnt suit your opinion but you are entitled to your view just as i am mine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wexfordned View Post
    Bohs have finished 2nd on a budget nothing close to Dundalk & Shamrock Rovers. Bohs have the one of the youngest squads playing in professional league in Europe and it showed tonight. Lack of an experienced pro to calm things down towards the end of the 1st half cost them.

Their recruitment for clubs outside of Shamrock and Dundalk with their big budgets is one that should be copied and not criticised by the rest of the league who can't compete with the spending of those clubs.

Bohs will stick to the budgetary constraints and unfortunately that means the big name players with experience will go to Shamrock or Dundalk. All they can do is keep doing what they are doing. Only have to look at Cork another member run club to see how things can go wrong without a sugar daddy willing to cover the big losses
    Hope you are right but the signs of overspending at Bohs are already appearing. Employing 100 people to steward an empty stadium must have cost some whack....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I dont think there is any need to resort to personal abuse because you dont agree with me.
    That was my view and ritchie Sadlier and Byrne both said at the end of the game that there wasn't a 2 goal difference between the teams at half time and that the game would have been very different if bohs had scored when rogers made two great saves in the second half (when he injured himself ) , then the sending off killed the game.

Sorry if that doesnt suit your opinion but you are entitled to your view just as i am mine
    Jaysis no need either to get so serious either holy mary and joeseph -,has this place dulled down so much since the last time i was here or am i just hitting in so hard on you and that crazy opinion you have?
    Like i'd expect you to have your OWN opinion and not to be whining and deflecting on to the likes of Sadlier and byrne(who hates Dundalk)
    I know now who not to have a strong opinion with anymore!
    Suits me great grma.

So Dundalk won fairly handy last night?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    i wasn't deflecting onto byrne or sadlier i was trying to demonstrate that my in your view "stupid" opinion was shared by the people actually covering the game, maybe they are stupid as well or maybe you need to calm down granpa and stop looking at this match through lilywhite glasses.

I've no problem with strong opinions i have many of them myself amd frequently argue them endlessly.

What is your view on Fillippo?
    Tactical genius after last night or a jumped up under 13s manager that will continue to unimpress next year?
    Last edited by sbgawa; 21/11/2020 at 1:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    i wasn't deflecting onto byrne or sadlier i was trying to demonstrate that my in your view "stupid" opinion was shared by the people actually covering the game, maybe they are stupid as well or maybe you need to calm down granpa and stop looking at this match through lilywhite glasses.
    Personal abuse here - elder abuse lol - your a dose sbgwa,you bluff,deflect,cant read a match without a reference book to who said what? Dundalk marched through Bohs last night.Knocked them fcking out!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Hope you are right but the signs of overspending at Bohs are already appearing. Employing 100 people to steward an empty stadium must have cost some whack....
    100 people stewarding a empty stadium? I think someone was on the beer or something stronger last night. I don't know what you were watching last night but it wasn't the football in Dalyer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Personal abuse here - elder abuse lol - your a dose sbgwa,you bluff,deflect,cant read a match without a reference book to who said what? Dundalk marched through Bohs last night.Knocked them fcking out!
    actually i gave my analysys without any reference to anyone else ,
    you called it stupid, i then quoted others who were on the same page as me in response.
    At which point you come back with a critical analysys......whoops no you call me a dose....
    if you cant keep up thats your problem.

Any comment on FG or do you want to just comment on me?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    actually i gave my analysys without any reference to anyone else ,
    you called it stupid, i then quoted others who were on the same page as me in response.
    At which point you come back with a critical analysys......whoops no you call me a dose....
    if you cant keep up thats your problem.

Any comment on FG or do you want to just comment on me?
    I just want to comment on you honey xx

There are other threads here bar this one.I have left my opinion regarding FG on those.
    see you later

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    100 people stewarding a empty stadium? I think someone was on the beer or something stronger last night. I don't know what you were watching last night but it wasn't the football in Dalyer.
    There was more than 100 "stewarding" that match last night ned no harm to you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    I feel for Harps and I'd give a fair weight to Nigels comments but the ref seemed to have about the same view as the camera and from the camera they were all fouls or very convincing simulations. The first doesn't always get given but it did. The handball was blatant. The third was less clear but to counter Nigel a bit I've seen people say there was a stamp, which obviously requires contact. So it seems up in the air but the angle the camera had showed a clear peno and Mcginley was lucky to stay on after moaning after the yellow. Connolly too could have gone.

The finn handball looked very dodgy but I don't think the ref had as clear a view with the wind and rain in his face?

Harsh on Harps given how they played in the first half and parts of the second but the penos were all fair enough from the angle the ref had for me. Obviously I'm biased but this nonsense of Rovers getting preferential treatment seems to pop up all the time. I can tell you we suffer from the same unpredictable treatment the rest do from our ragtag group of refs. Lads remembering Philip Greenes slightly biased commentary perhaps? A cursory look through the decisions that went against Rovers during Bohs winning run would put to bed any idea of favouritism. Sure cups involve a bit of luck and Rovers hadn't won one for 32 years until last year. As big a portion of the refs hate rovers as youd expect given the hatred most outside our own fanbase have.

Hard luck Nigel and the Harps fans on here. You've a tidier side than the table indicates. Add a few and a push up the table next year to a European spot wouldn't be shocking at all.
    I don't believe there's preferential Rovers treatment amongst the referees or anything but that was shocking last night. First one was as soft as anything. Would be ten penos a match if that was one. The second was a peno and I believe the third was a dive. Blatant handball up the other end too. Sickening way to go up but proud of the team. Hope we can keep a similar squad together next year and progress up the table

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    you were there Nigel so in fairness you had a better view.
    On watchloi the first was hard to see, second was nailed on under the current rules.
    The third if you say was a dive fair enough but the view from the camera side (refs side) was Burke through one on one slips the ball past keeper and gos down..ref is always going to give it.

The season was mad in lots of respects, Longford should be down on their knees thanking God you beat Waterford to put Shels into the playoff place, i just couldnt see them beating Harps.
    Longford and Drogs will struggle next year i think so every chance for Harps to play their way up the table.
    If you can keep that squad together another year playing togther will make all the difference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Super display by Dundalk last night and without doubt the best under FG. The first goal in particular 6 or 7 passes and all starting from the back. I don't think anyone saw that display in McMillan, granted the ball 'looked' out of play, but what a finish, almost back to his 2016 level.

What impressed me more was the performance was without Hoban, Murray & Leahy who have probably been our better players in Europe, the display by Duffy was also his best of the season so far.

Also warming to the 3 central defenders idea, seems to give so much more space and working well for attacking options especially with Duffy moving along the front and changing his positions.
    Last edited by oriel; 21/11/2020 at 4:14 PM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Bohs have finished 2nd on a budget nothing close to Dundalk & Shamrock Rovers. Bohs have the one of the youngest squads playing in professional league in Europe and it showed tonight. Lack of an experienced pro to calm things down towards the end of the 1st half cost them.

Their recruitment for clubs outside of Shamrock and Dundalk with their big budgets is one that should be copied and not criticised by the rest of the league who can't compete with the spending of those clubs.

Bohs will stick to the budgetary constraints and unfortunately that means the big name players with experience will go to Shamrock or Dundalk. All they can do is keep doing what they are doing. Only have to look at Cork another member run club to see how things can go wrong without a sugar daddy willing to cover the big losses
    4th biggest budget ine the league by any chance?

Maybe Bohs will be the side that sticks with strict budget but as of yet any club that have said that ultmately caved to pushing the boat out in the end. Cork the most recent as you mentioned. That said Bohs, (covid aside) have gotten to a solid enough financial position to improve player retention and have a couple of experienced pros. It isnt that long ago that it was being said that Bohs would stay semi-pro, that has changed hast it?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    There was more than 100 "stewarding" that match last night ned no harm to you.
    Again lay off the hard stuff Toner. It's clearly affecting your mental faculties. At least "you think" you were watching Bohs v Dundalk last night. Pity your mind was playing tricks on you for whatever reason (use of illegal substances or not) That was probably Dundalk's best performance this season in the league/cup

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    With Covid no one can plan with any certainty for next season. Dundalk and Shamrock Rovers with their backers are obviously in a position to spend more money than most. The European money will be an advantage for Bohs but there's no way they would turn pro with things at the moment.

Your subtle suggestion Nesta that Bohs might turn full time with the ways things are with Covid is so ridiculous it's actually funny. Did you do consultancy work helping out Cork City with their budgeting/spending over the last few years?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thebronze14 View Post
    I don't believe there's preferential Rovers treatment amongst the referees or anything but that was shocking last night. First one was as soft as anything. Would be ten penos a match if that was one. The second was a peno and I believe the third was a dive. Blatant handball up the other end too. Sickening way to go up but proud of the team. Hope we can keep a similar squad together next year and progress up the table

Fair enough Nigel. I'm obviously biased and only working with the one angle.

If you keep that squad and add a few you'll be in with a shot of Europe next year I'd say. You've certainly showed more fight and ability to play ball than others. And more integrity as a club to boot. Of all the clubs I think the shortened league was harshest on Harps in a way. It's possible that Ollie just squeezed the best out of them for the relegation battle but I'm not so sure. They are a well drilled unit with some quality ball players and could've done better over a longer season, whereas some other clubs were lucky it was cut short.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    With Covid no one can plan with any certainty for next season. Dundalk and Shamrock Rovers with their backers are obviously in a position to spend more money than most. The European money will be an advantage for Bohs but there's no way they would turn pro with things at the moment.

Your subtle suggestion Nesta that Bohs might turn full time with the ways things are with Covid is so ridiculous it's actually funny. Did you do consultancy work helping out Cork City with their budgeting/spending over the last few years?
    Nothing subtle about it - a straight up question on whether Bohs had moved on with plans to go full time covid aside, as plans may have gone on the back burner. It's not an aberration (or funny) to be full-time. Considering the position Bohs were in its a hell of an achievement to have achieved the financial means to consider a ft squad.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 21/11/2020 at 9:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    I cant see Bohs going full time, i think it sort of suits them to stay part time as it keeps the pressure off actually winning anything.

With the Doherty money they have more in the bank than Rovers but do they have the ambition to have a go while staying responsible??
    Last edited by sbgawa; 21/11/2020 at 7:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    They might have for now, but Rovers only need to win one game in CL next year, then they will go to close to 1m in prize with everything added in. The only draw back is Rovers will probably not be seeded, and if they lose they drop out of the champions route, possibly 2021 will also be the final year that a parachute will be available for LOI teams, as that happened us one year during SK time, lost opening game, then we were out out.

Regardless of the seeding / next round, still potentially big money for Rovers to earn next year going into the CL v say 'only' 225k or so if any of the other sides are beaten in first round of EL (conference actually).
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    again lay off the hard stuff toner. It's clearly affecting your mental faculties. At least "you think" you were watching bohs v dundalk last night. Pity your mind was playing tricks on you for whatever reason (use of illegal substances or not) that was probably dundalk's best performance this season in the league/cup

Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast