Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Cork AUL Premier & Premier A 2019/20

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beansontoast View Post
    Personally I'm with you play it out, who cares which division, it's all aul and it's gone small enough now anyway. Dunbar moving along nicely, 2-1 win v Everton last night.
    If you say ...why not just put all the team in together.ther a reason for grading and ambitious club wanting to get to the premier div... if we all thought who cares what div may aswell play all friendly s

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    It's nothing to do with ambition or who cares. It's a forum to chat about cork aul soccer. Thats it. Chillax

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beansontoast View Post
    It's nothing to do with ambition or who cares. It's a forum to chat about cork aul soccer. Thats it. Chillax
    Very chilled friend enjoy the season and the division your in .

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    We are lucky we have any forum at all to talk about AUL. Always seems to be a couple of idiots that ruin the lower league forum for everyone. Anyway, anyone want to make a prediction on the league winners m for the season ahead? Here’s mine.
    Prem- Coachford
    A-Dunbar
    1-castleview
    2-Blarney st
    3-Grattan

I think there’s a few teams in division 2 that might not be out of place in premier A, Blarney st, greenmount and Kilumney would all be better than most teams in premier A I think.

5. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by latte2012 View Post
    We are lucky we have any forum at all to talk about AUL. Always seems to be a couple of idiots that ruin the lower league forum for everyone. Anyway, anyone want to make a prediction on the league winners m for the season ahead? Here’s mine.
    Prem- Coachford
    A-Dunbar
    1-castleview
    2-Blarney st
    3-Grattan

I think there’s a few teams in division 2 that might not be out of place in premier A, Blarney st, greenmount and Kilumney would all be better than most teams in premier A I think.
    coacford/glenthorn..corkbeg.,. kilumney..gratan.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Here's mine for what its worth,
    Premier Very competitive but Coachford for me a step ahead of the rest followed by Glenthorn whom word has it have recruited very well. Little noise from Village or the Glen on new faces, but they will have a say.
    Premier A I'll go for the southside with Greenwood and Dunbar Celtic to battle it out.
    Div.1 Grangevale and Hibernians
    Div 2. Blarney St and Glenthorn B who may gain from the 1st teams recruitment.
    Div.3. Coachford B and Grattan Utd.

Keep ye're money in ye're pockets though lads!! :-)

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Premier - Coachford - Glenthorn Celtic
    Premier A - Donoughmore - Corkbeg
    1st - Grangevale - Hibernians
    2nd - Killumney - Blarney Street
    3rd - Ard na Laoi - Shandon Celtic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Well lads haven’t been on this in years but I said I would return after watching over the last few weeks. I went up to watch blarney street tonight, by god I was so impressed but it baffles me how the aul haven’t watched or inquired about the standard of player they have. Central are now a prem a side and it was like men and boys. Gulf in class was clear for all to see. If they sign all them players they will walk the second division

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    AUL have done well with the league allocation there seems to be a bit of a buzz going with what looks to be very competitive looking leagues In all divisions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goal-achio View Post
    Well lads haven’t been on this in years but I said I would return after watching over the last few weeks. I went up to watch blarney street tonight, by god I was so impressed but it baffles me how the aul haven’t watched or inquired about the standard of player they have. Central are now a prem a side and it was like men and boys. Gulf in class was clear for all to see. If they sign all them players they will walk the second division
    To be fair there is something very wrong with this system and it’s not the all the AUL’S fault.
    The second division will be a write off for some teams so especially teams going backwards.
    A few hidings could be on the cards and that’s no good to anyone.

Not a lot the aul can do players can go where they want.

But if a club returns after a folding there should be a check list in place like why did you leave previously, where are your players coming from etc to discourage them from doing it again.
    And even a points deduction if they return Within a short period of time.

Maybe it’s over the top but fairness must come into play.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    They will walk the second division and probably fold then again next season. Can’t help but feel for some of the clubs that would have had plans of challenging for division 2 this year. Not fair on the clubs that plough on through the hard times. I know of clubs that were really struggling the last few years and travelled to away games with only 8 or 9 players and still didn’t fold. It is a hard one for the AUL to manage!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by latte2012 View Post
    They will walk the second division and probably fold then again next season. Can’t help but feel for some of the clubs that would have had plans of challenging for division 2 this year. Not fair on the clubs that plough on through the hard times. I know of clubs that were really struggling the last few years and travelled to away games with only 8 or 9 players and still didn’t fold. It is a hard one for the AUL to manage!
    Thats life ..all about the moment clubs have to adapt and work harder to get and keep the players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSilvermint View Post
    Thats life ..all about the moment clubs have to adapt and work harder to get and keep the players.
    Steve your 100% right that it’s life and the aul can do little about it and also the clubs know it.
    Blarney St know they are in for a glory year if what we are hearing about their standard of player.
    Now why a player who is capable of playing at much higher level would want to drop down to 2nd division AUL is another question entirely.

And Blarney St are doing nothing against the rule book that I can see.

It’s certainly not the 1st time it will happen and won’t be the last.

But it’s the likes of this which will drive more clubs MSL.
    You don’t have as much opportunity to perform stunts like this up there.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Let be fair here there back to honour a fantastic football man ther representing his club all mates and family big up to them .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I agree Steven silver mints 100% great club for years and as you know they have had top top players managers and committee members there for a long time. I would never question why they are doing it but put them in at a higher level. They are like the USA basketball team that went to Barcelona for the olympics in 92. Fair play to Derek for getting that squad together but will they bored winning comfortably every week. And that’s no disrespect to the teams in the league.
    the ball is not a bomb........

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    I agree Steven silver mints 100% great club for years and as you know they have had top top players managers and committee members there for a long time. I would never question why they are doing it but put them in at a higher level. They are like the USA basketball team that went to Barcelona for the olympics in 92. Fair play to Derek for getting that squad together but will they bored winning comfortably every week. And that’s no disrespect to the teams in the league.
    Steve is fine atletico bud I think your spot on

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fruice View Post
    Steve your 100% right that it’s life and the aul can do little about it and also the clubs know it.
    Blarney St know they are in for a glory year if what we are hearing about their standard of player.
    Now why a player who is capable of playing at much higher level would want to drop down to 2nd division AUL is another question entirely.

And Blarney St are doing nothing against the rule book that I can see.

It’s certainly not the 1st time it will happen and won’t be the last.

But it’s the likes of this which will drive more clubs MSL.
    You don’t have as much opportunity to perform stunts like this up there.
    90% of the squad are lads that played with blarney st for years and most had signed up before they knew what league they were in. There an old team aswell so id say most of them would prefer too be at a higher level they didnt choose which league they were in. The only people that are missing are eddie kenny and danny quinlan from that group both who have moved onto a higher level. Youd hope the lads there now are putting the pieces together too make the club last past the group of players they have now. Testing times ahead for a lot of clubs with the pub situation and lack of sponsors etc and it looks bleak on that front for the months ahead aswell.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pass pass pass View Post
    90% of the squad are lads that played with blarney st for years and most had signed up before they knew what league they were in. There an old team aswell so id say most of them would prefer too be at a higher level they didnt choose which league they were in. The only people that are missing are eddie kenny and danny quinlan from that group both who have moved onto a higher level. Youd hope the lads there now are putting the pieces together too make the club last past the group of players they have now. Testing times ahead for a lot of clubs with the pub situation and lack of sponsors etc and it looks bleak on that front for the months ahead aswell.
    Quinlan and Kenny both doing very well at their clubs.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Village beaten 5-2 by a strong Ringmahon junior team, Dont know how strong Village were but Ringmahon lad tells me they lost away to Glen Celtic and Carrigaline recently but were missing a few each time. Little can be read into pre season results i suppose as teams try out new players and build fitness levels.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Coachford laying down a marker early beating Pearse juniors 8 nil even with all their stars missing,hard to look beyond them on all fronts this year..

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast