Page 180 of 257 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,600 of 5124

Thread: Potentially eligible players thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    573 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    16 year old Louie Barry has left West Brom - rumoured to be signing for PSG on a five year five-figure-a-week salary.

Unlikely we'll see him in green again (I believe he played for our under 16s?) but he is still potentially eligible I think at this point in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    Congrats to him a 3 year offering from west brom seemed derisory. I would have thought leaving England would be of benefit to us he may have just been using the Brits for the high profile to get his big move . Has played alot for us at 15s and 16s and looked very committed in bad weather and in poor facilities in Kerry in the victory shield.
    Does anyone know exactly how he qualifies?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    707 Posts
    Irish grandparent according to the indo article. Based on nothing other than his surname I'm going to guess from Cork.

No issue with him going with England, he is English born and it looks like he is making his mind up early, can't fault him for that.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    573 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Irish grandparent according to the indo article. Based on nothing other than his surname I'm going to guess from Cork.

No issue with him going with England, he is English born and it looks like he is making his mind up early, can't fault him for that.
    Yeah, I just read the article and was going to edit but you beat me to it.

Ah well...another one bites the dust! (perhaps)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    533 Posts
    Wouldn’t trust the independent by default - they did tell us that Declan Rice had chosen ireland. Although it’s always the more likely option.

You could argue that getting out will make it easier for Louie to play for ireland. He did post a thing online a while back when asked what his happiest moment was? And it said something like “proudest grandad in the world” and it was his grandad with him in a country pub holding his Ireland jersey.

We’ll see in due course

5. Thanks From:

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    Wouldn’t trust the independent by default - they did tell us that Declan Rice had chosen ireland. Although it’s always the more likely option.
    In this case they're citing FAI sources, which you'd imagine are more objective than Declan Rice's da.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    In this case they're citing FAI sources, which you'd imagine are more objective than Declan Rice's da.
    When mick came in then fai sources were been quoted saying rice was definitely staying with us. Alot can happen in the next few years. Nobody thought Joe hodge was going to walk away from been first choice for England under 17s and commit to us like he did this season

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,084 Posts
    Would Hodge have been a starter for England 17 side?

In light of Kenny's interview with Dunphy, actually, we could see Hodge at senior level soon after Kenny is senior manager.

The only thing is, we all remember those quotes bandied about by Grealish's brother as to how Jack liked that we picked him an age above consistently. I'm sure it's a nice little bonus to Hodge to get to a 19s Euros- completely aside from his long-term international intentions (not trying to cast doubt on them, just highlighting the point all else aside).

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Would Hodge have been a starter for England 17 side?

In light of Kenny's interview with Dunphy, actually, we could see Hodge at senior level soon after Kenny is senior manager.

The only thing is, we all remember those quotes bandied about by Grealish's brother as to how Jack liked that we picked him an age above consistently. I'm sure it's a nice little bonus to Hodge to get to a 19s Euros- completely aside from his long-term international intentions (not trying to cast doubt on them, just highlighting the point all else aside).
    I think we should be clear on the hodge situation. Ye was first choice for the Brits under 15, 16 and last season under 17.. he also was involved with us from under 15.

He was and is consistently namechecked as one of the most promising players in that 2002 age group on their forum http://www.bigsoccer.com/forums/england.98/ . They were gutted when he did not play for them in their qualifiers after Christmas as they had fully expected that when qualifiers came around he would be with them.

Whatever the reason was he played for us at under 17 was it most certainly wasn't because he was not first choice for England

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,084 Posts
    Cheers Liam. Good to hear. They were hankering for Grealish to be their first choice too. There's a long race to run on this one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,281 Posts
    Liam Delap confirms he's signed for Manchester City: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz5fVw1H4Mi/
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts
    Anybody know anything about Ryan Cooney (Bury defender), just signed by Burnley?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    When mick came in then fai sources were been quoted saying rice was definitely staying with us. Alot can happen in the next few years. Nobody thought Joe hodge was going to walk away from been first choice for England under 17s and commit to us like he did this season
    It's a different FAI now Liamo!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,084 Posts
    https://twitter.com/SamWallaceTel/st...221155328?s=20

Dan Crowley on his way to Birmingham City. What would worry me there is that they don't have a manager at present. Hopefully the incumbent has space for a player like Crowley. Disappointed he didn't persist with playing on the continent a while longer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,281 Posts
    Interesting one, this.
    Conor Noß, pronounced Noss, came on for Borussia Mönchengladbach today against Athletic Bilbao, and is qualified to play for Ireland. He's a midfielder, and is only 18. Going by their website, he will play for their U23 side this season (see below), which includes the UEFA Youth League

translated from https://www.borussia.de/de/aktuelles...ilansicht.html
    U23:

If the U23 of the foals denies their first of seven planned pre-season play-games at SV Bedburdyck-Gierath tomorrow (Friday, 6:30 pm), four players will officially wear the Borussia jersey for the first time. With striker Jan-Niklas Pia (MSV Duisburg), center-back Lukas Müller (FSV Mainz 05), midfielder Jacob Italiano (Perth Glory) and goalkeeper Jonas Kersken (Rot-Weiss Essen), the young Foals have four new entries. Kaan Kurt, Jan Olschowsky, Conor Noß, Noah Holtschoppen, Louis Hiepen, Alper Arslan, Behadil "Benko" Sabani, Berk Cetin, Mawerick Dreßen and Fernando Nissen have also moved from their own U19 in the senior area.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    All of their players who were involved vs Angers yesterday did not play today vs Bilbao, so obviously way down the pecking order coming on as a late sub today. He’s 19 on Jan 1. Will be interesting to monitor but wouldn’t hold my breath on him coming good

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    533 Posts
    One of my closest friends is involved with a Bundesliga club and would be an acquaintance of Jogi Loew. He’s my go-to person for an opinion on every bundesliga player and one of less than 5 people who’s footballing opinions I would almost intrinsically trust.

Asked him about Noss about a year ago, he said he was really really highly thought of in Germany at around the age of 12 to 15 but the development has tapered off a decent bit since then, so could go either way. But certainly not a player to write off. My friend went out of his way to say what a nice kid he was and how good his attitude and work ethic was.

You’d hope he’s included in a squad for the friendlies in September so that Tom Mohan can have a decent look at him. Certainly can’t do any harm.

18. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    450 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    All of their players who were involved vs Angers yesterday did not play today vs Bilbao, so obviously way down the pecking order coming on as a late sub today. He’s 19 on Jan 1. Will be interesting to monitor but wouldn’t hold my breath on him coming good
    Ah now he is under 19 for us next year so he may add to us at that level along with johanson andcsee where he goes from there

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,084 Posts
    Found Noß' Instagram page and his bio has a German and an Irish flag: https://www.instagram.com/conornoss/

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    There's an English born lad called Stan Flaherty with Arsenal U18s. Any Irish blood I wonder.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,084 Posts
    Stan Flahert to deceive as our senior manager...

I'll get me coat.