PDA

View Full Version : Indo Tomorrow- Special Report on what one LOI club owes its creditors.

Pages : [1] 2

Tenderloins
19/08/2008, 8:47 AM
In tomorrows Irish Independent
Special Report
'From sandwiches to security what one League of Ireland club owes its creditors' .

God knows which club it is, given they had a good choice of debt ridden clubs to choose from.
anyone any info?

passerrby
19/08/2008, 9:09 AM
Special Report
'From sandwiches to security what one League of Ireland club owes its creditors' .

God knows which club it is, given they had a good choice of debt ridden clubs to choose from.
anyone any info?

have it on good authority.... indentity crisis f.c.

Duggie
19/08/2008, 9:16 AM
its UCD
there up to there necks in student loans and paying for student nights out. wait and see.....:eek:

Sniffer
19/08/2008, 10:46 AM
Groan, more fat for the fire - where are the FAI in all of this? The lack of obvious leadership is very worrying and sends out um heap bad signal to me.

jebus
19/08/2008, 12:17 PM
This will be about as credible as Jade Goody getting told she has cancer live on Indian Big Brother (which has happened :eek:)

pineapple stu
19/08/2008, 12:20 PM
Groan, more fat for the fire - where are the FAI in all of this? The lack of obvious leadership is very worrying and sends out um heap bad signal to me.
While I partly agree (possible wage cap fudging in particular), it's not the FAI who are overspending. There's no point blaming everything on them and ignoring the clubs' role.

oldyouth
19/08/2008, 12:28 PM
Special Report
It can't be us, we only do Panini..................

Sumac
19/08/2008, 12:28 PM
Could be any of the clubs who are in financial strife but I suppose Cork are the highest profile - could be them.
Amazing how you never see a headline like - Don't miss our coverage tomorrow as Drogheda take on the might of Kiev

pineapple stu
19/08/2008, 12:30 PM
Or "What one English club owes its creditors"

iceman
19/08/2008, 12:32 PM
It can't be us, we only do Panini..................
Cant be Drogs either....they do Dominos Pizzas:D

sligoman
19/08/2008, 12:35 PM
We don't sell sandwiches.

Dodge
19/08/2008, 12:36 PM
Yeah, the sandwiches, thats the important bit.

pineapple stu
19/08/2008, 12:36 PM
I don't think that's got anything to do with having sandwich makers as creditors!

sligoman
19/08/2008, 12:38 PM
I was being sarcastic.

bellavistaman
19/08/2008, 12:39 PM
its defintily us, we have a major leak, and the fella on the radio station had our full list of creditors last week, something our committee dont even have..

pineapple stu
19/08/2008, 12:40 PM
I was being sarcastic.
That's no excuse for poor accountacy! :p

bellavistaman
19/08/2008, 12:46 PM
It su s alright lads... The club were informed on this earlier.

Imagine "a suppporter" doing this to our club. ****ing joke, hopefully they wont have a leg to stand on legally and will be forced to back out or something, this is disgraceful IMO.

A face
19/08/2008, 12:51 PM

Imagine "a suppporter" doing this to our club. ****ing joke, hopefully they wont have a leg to stand on legally and will be forced to back out or something, this is disgraceful IMO.

Who was it?

passinginterest

The club should look to get retaliation in first. Release a statement today saying, yes this is the situation, we have a plan in place and we're dealing with the situation. Any reports to the contrary are simply sensationalist rubbish.

That is of course assuming the club has a plan to manage the situation.

Contact the national news, sports tonight, and publish a statement on the website, before tomorrow.

finnpark

How do you have finance trouble, I thought that yous were paying the players almost nothing?

bellavistaman
19/08/2008, 1:20 PM
Who was it?

I couldnt tell ya, i think the club are close to finding out who.. This has been going on since the egm with the indo, somebody feeding them all private information.

The club should look to get retaliation in first. Release a statement today saying, yes this is the situation, we have a plan in place and we're dealing with the situation. Any reports to the contrary are simply sensationalist rubbish.

That is of course assuming the club has a plan to manage the situation.

Contact the national news, sports tonight, and publish a statement on the website, before tomorrow.

The club id imagine would surely be looking into this action, they'd have to.

How do you have finance trouble, I thought that yous were paying the players almost nothing?

Well known we owe a small few bob.

jinxy lilywhite
19/08/2008, 1:34 PM
How much are you talking about?
The likelyhood is that your leak is probably the clubs major creditor
The Indo tomorrow then to the high court to wind you up

passerrby
19/08/2008, 2:32 PM

whoever it is he is not a supporter but a bo**ox

finnpark
19/08/2008, 2:33 PM
whoever it is he is not a supporter but a bo**ox

How do you know its anyone, the source could be electronic ;)

passerrby
19/08/2008, 2:38 PM
ok so he,s an electronic bo**ox

A face
19/08/2008, 3:28 PM
ok so he,s an electronic bo**ox

They are always the worst kind ;)

JC_GUFC
19/08/2008, 6:50 PM

My guess is that they are paying Greg O'Halloran's food bill and he's the creditor who is owed a sandwich.

A face
19/08/2008, 7:38 PM
My guess is that they are paying Greg O'Halloran's food bill and he's the creditor who is owed a sandwich.

I'd say you could be right there (http://www.vegsoc.org/poetry/big%20sandwich.JPG)

cheifo
19/08/2008, 7:44 PM
What is this so called supporters motivation for fueling negative press about his club?

Is he likely to be getting a few bob or is it because he has a vendetta against people running the club?

barney
19/08/2008, 8:01 PM
What is this so called supporters motivation for fueling negative press about his club?

Is he likely to be getting a few bob or is it because he has a vendetta against people running the club?

Sounds to me like he/she is nothing but a cvnt that wants to see the club go down the toilet just because he/she hasn't gotten their way.

That's how it looks on the face of it anyway.

A face
20/08/2008, 12:10 AM
Sounds to me like he/she is nothing but a cvnt that wants to see the club go down the toilet just because he/she hasn't gotten their way.

That's how it looks on the face of it anyway.

Yeah, i'd agree with ya there, its a fairly bitter and twisted thing to do alright. There is nothing that could justify it to be honest. Hopefully their name comes out at some stage.

bellavistaman
20/08/2008, 2:20 AM
Simple as and as sad as it sounds lads, this is just the latest attempt in a personal vendetta against our chairman barry walsh, to bring the club to the ground with him at the helm, because he is "is not a nice man". Unbelievable, i think that this is just one step too far the person who leaked this info, will be found and the club will hang him out to dry.. He'd want to move out of cobh being honest.

If this does materialise the club will more than likely never be able to sort out any form of sponsorship again..

I really am heartbroken, only 4 days after getting a loan out for the club, to be reading this ****, their really is some severely poisonous sick ***** in our club

SMorgan
20/08/2008, 5:55 AM
Do you not think you're over-reacting?

All clubs have creditors, so what?

KianD
20/08/2008, 7:34 AM
Some odd bits and pieces in the list - looks like the club bar isn't a separate sub-company like I'd expect it to be - or the Indo is mixing figures from wherever it can get them.

SeanDrog
20/08/2008, 8:06 AM
thought the article was pretty pitiful - all ifs and buts - some may have been paid and others may have been been - bla bla bla. So Cobh have creditors and clearly they are trying to clear them (ie the reference to the loan appeal for 2000k from supporters) - I really fail to see how this in of national interest (given the constant disclaimers in the piece regarding the validity of their information). Anyways best of luck Cobh in getting things sorted.

I was more interested in the article on Cork City in which the FAI announced their disappointment that Arka have not abided by their agreement to cover all expenses. Looks like the agreement wasn't worth the paper it was written on and does pose the question of how drogs / pats and I presume bohs will get by the licencing next season (I am basing this on the assumption that some agreement was in place with these clubs similar to what has come out about Arka guaranteeing all debts).

Macy
20/08/2008, 8:18 AM
I was more interested in the article on Cork City in which the FAI announced their disappointment that Arka have not abided by their agreement to cover all expenses. Looks like the agreement wasn't worth the paper it was written on and does pose the question of how drogs / pats and I presume bohs will get by the licencing next season (I am basing this on the assumption that some agreement was in place with these clubs similar to what has come out about Arka guaranteeing all debts).
It makes a total farce of licencing and the 65% rule. The basis of exemptions was supposed to be on the basis on non-repayable donations to clubs from benefactors, but the FAI let clubs off with a bit of paper? Cork are/ were obviously peeing all over the 65% rule, without sanction from the FAI, whereas Galway and Sligo without the bit of paper were being punished. This is the great new era of FAI control with no fudges? Gavin and Delaney OUT.

jinxy lilywhite
20/08/2008, 8:58 AM
Not much in the Cobh article to cry about.

Pay your debts and people won't go to the papers.

pineapple stu
20/08/2008, 9:00 AM
some may have been paid and others may have been been...So Cobh have creditors and clearly they are trying to clear them
While I agree the Cork comment was more newsworthy, the Cobh article can't be dismissed as easily as you've done. They owe (assuming the list is accurate) their A League entry fee, E76k in tax, referees' fees, transfer fees, players' bonuses from last year and two months ago, they owe fines (interesting that Limerick were earlier fined for not paying fines, but Cobh haven't been; what does that say about Limerick?) and their bank account is efefctively on stop. Many of the little ones - like the sandwiches, which the Indo uses to mock the league - are quite probably, as you say, creditors which have since been paid in the normal course of events, but the larger ones indicate serious problems. How they've managed to get around the 65% wage cap, God only knows.

The clubs are the first ones to blame in all this, but the FAI are effevtively fiddling while Rome burns.

Dodge
20/08/2008, 9:12 AM
I understand that all "bodies" who applied for a license had to guarentee the same. AFAIK Pats and Drogs benefactors were treated the same way as members clubs like Bohs. And wasn't the 65% based on projected "turnover" (including direct investment)? So Cork may have budget for €x million allowed to be spent on wages based on Arkaga investment. If Arkaga subsequently don't put that in, problems arise.

And I've been saying all along I've no idea how Pats are getting under the 65%. The only comfort I had was when they spoke recently about players having to move on before we could sign someone. They're obviously aware of it.

Shame that Cobh are being held up, as I doubt they're the worst case of over spending

finnpark
20/08/2008, 10:41 AM
I firmly believe the sick people who leaked this and all the other stuff during the year are or were members of the comittee over the past while. They have been creaming off the top for themselves and now that they are being found out they are trying everything in their power to bring the club down.
The club is in debt and is having a serious cash flow at the minute but the debt can be managed and within a few years be written off with the right peope in place. We have those people in the club but it is the same 'leaks' IMO that are stopping them from getting into those positions to sort this crisis out.:mad:

I suspect that "creaming" occurs at a lot of clubs. I went to a Galway match once and got no ticket. Just had to pay a stewart 20 euro to get in. I doubt that money went to the club.

jinxy lilywhite
20/08/2008, 10:50 AM
I firmly believe the sick people who leaked this and all the other stuff during the year are or were members of the comittee over the past while. They have been creaming off the top for themselves and now that they are being found out they are trying everything in their power to bring the club down.
The club is in debt and is having a serious cash flow at the minute but the debt can be managed and within a few years be written off with the right peope in place. We have those people in the club but it is the same 'leaks' IMO that are stopping them from getting into those positions to sort this crisis out.:mad:

You hit the nail on the head there. Can't pay debts without it.
If there was one thing that struck me in the indo article was that books where run on a voluntary status. That's just not good enough. Somebody needs to be there on a professional basis and responsible to control incomings and outgoings

The Rebel Ram
20/08/2008, 11:01 AM
You hit the nail on the head there. Can't pay debts without it.
If there was one thing that struck me in the indo article was that books where run on a voluntary status. That's just not good enough. Somebody needs to be there on a professional basis and responsible to control incomings and outgoings

We have people qualified to do the job volunteraly but 'certain' members do not want them there. We have had no treasurer in place for the past 2 months or so now. Let me just say it suits a few people that way:mad:

jinxy lilywhite
20/08/2008, 11:27 AM
ffs lads are ye running a football club or a social society.

finnpark
20/08/2008, 11:46 AM
We have people qualified to do the job volunteraly but 'certain' members do not want them there. We have had no treasurer in place for the past 2 months or so now. Let me just say it suits a few people that way:mad:

:D

If the Indo knew you had not got a treasurer they would have a field day :D

sadloserkid
20/08/2008, 11:48 AM
they owe fines (interesting that Limerick were earlier fined for not paying fines, but Cobh haven't been; what does that say about Limerick?)

That we're the innocent victims in all of this?

More seriously be quiet and leave us out of all this please, you have no idea how refreshing it is to watch all these financial bombs detonate and not see us leading the mad dash towards the precipice of doom for once! :)

jinxy lilywhite
20/08/2008, 11:52 AM
That we're the innocent victims in all of this?

More seriously be quiet and leave us out of all this please, you have no idea how refreshing it is to watch all these financial bombs detonate and not see us leading the mad dash towards the precipice of doom for once! :)

I agree.
:p
We are looking at one of our most successful financial years ever (B/E which beggs of how much did we lose when we where winning everything). Sad thing is even the local newspapers don't publish that.

Magicme
20/08/2008, 11:56 AM
I agree.
:p
We are looking at one of our most successful financial years ever (B/E which beggs of how much did we lose when we where winning everything). Sad thing is even the local newspapers don't publish that.

Thats it jinxy, where are they with the positive news stories? No matter how much some clubs do busting their balls to make sure that they are on time with paperwork, pay their bills and continue to help the game develop in their area it doesnt get a mention.

:mad:

Patrick Dunne
20/08/2008, 11:58 AM
I suspect that "creaming" occurs at a lot of clubs. I went to a Galway match once and got no ticket. Just had to pay a stewart 20 euro to get in. I doubt that money went to the club.

On what basis are you making this allegation ?

SeanDrog
20/08/2008, 12:07 PM
It makes a total farce of licencing and the 65% rule. The basis of exemptions was supposed to be on the basis on non-repayable donations to clubs from benefactors, but the FAI let clubs off with a bit of paper? Cork are/ were obviously peeing all over the 65% rule, without sanction from the FAI, whereas Galway and Sligo without the bit of paper were being punished. This is the great new era of FAI control with no fudges? Gavin and Delaney OUT.

Completely agree about it being a farce, I was curious all season as to how we had overcome the 65% cap and now low and behold it was a fudge - why am I not surprise.

sadloserkid
20/08/2008, 12:17 PM
Thats it jinxy, where are they with the positive news stories?

Whatever about locally, for the national media it's just not news. Also I think the public expects their clubs to be run reasonably so there's no real positivity attached to the clubs that do that, anymore than you or I will win any praise today for getting through the day without falling over several times. Not necessarily fair or anything of the sort but 'Club X Are Well Run' just doesn't look a particularly intriguing headline to average person and ultimately, while they may pretend otherwise, virtually all mainstream media exists to make a profit and not to further the spread of information.