PDA

View Full Version : feelings regarding roy keane

Pages : [1] 2 3

fishtail parker
11/09/2003, 11:03 PM
i was wondering what everyone on the boards opinion was regarding roy keane? do you still respect him or hold him more as a traitor?

i realize this is terribly outdated and all, but i live in the US, new york to be exact, and as a huge football fan it is very hard, and even more frustrating, to understand what the exact feelings are regarding certain players and controversies in their home countries. from other Irish fans in the US i have heard mixed feelings. some people still revere him, while another time some guys threatened to fight me because i was wearing a keane ireland shirt (even though ironically it was robbie....shows what
dedicated" fans they were). thanks!

Éanna
11/09/2003, 11:06 PM
CAN

OF

WORMS

(traitor :) )

ger121
11/09/2003, 11:11 PM
Yep this one will run and run :eek:

fishtail parker
12/09/2003, 12:01 AM
yes, that's why i felt bad especially for this being my first post. so i am assuming that this means in ireland as well as elsewhere feelings are mixed?

tiktok
12/09/2003, 12:33 AM
mixed isn't the word fishtail, there are very few on the fence for this one. and to be fair you can make convincing arguments for both sides, it's down to one's own feeling.....

my feelings were probably clouded by a long held frustration with the FAI. I came down on the side of Keane, i felt he was set up at the meeting in Saipan (although his reaction to obvious baiting was ott) i felt that it clouded a disappointing WC performance and led to too much credit to McCarthy and the FAI.
I wish both he and McCarthy had been big enough men to put the problems behind them for three weeks.
as for the mooted return under Kerr, Johnny Giles recent comments won me over, quoted in a recent thread, he may have overtrained in an effort to come back after injury last year, came back off form, i honestly think after this he would have felt his career was going to be shortened and that he had less to offer (he was a shadow of his former self last season) so he made the decision based on that, that he's come back to play so well this season is a credit to him.....

a traitor? not for me.

tricky_colour
12/09/2003, 3:22 AM
Well as Keane seem to be back on form and free from injury, as far as I can see (He seems to be playing as good as he ever has
recently), I think it might not be a bad idea if he played in the
crucial qualifier againt Switzerland.
Its only one game, and it would leave things on a positive footing
whatever the result.
I don't think it would upset the team as it is a little 'uncertain'
about its best 11.
Keane would have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
But something tells me it won't ever happen, but who knows?
Who thought Peter Kenyon (and probably Ferguson next) would
leave Man United?
Prehaps if every one in Ireland has a whip round and gives Keane
a few million £ he will play, money seems the only motivation
for anyone these days.

If you liked this email please send your donations to:-
capitalist.b*****d@dosh.com

thecorner
12/09/2003, 3:40 AM
i think its safe to say now after recent performances that we will never see another player of roy keanes calibre in the irish midfield

for me
ROY KEANE =LEGEND

liamon
12/09/2003, 9:12 AM
Originally posted by tricky_colour

Prehaps if every one in Ireland has a whip round and gives Keane
a few million £ he will play,

Cheeky. But even if you were serious, there's not a hope he'll play for us again.

I'm on keane's side. His knees are in bad shape and he needs to take care of himself. Also, I think the FAI treated players badly and Roy got sick of it. At this stage, there is too much bitterness on both sides, so I can't see him coming back, even for one game. Plus, I am sure that Sir Alex has put presure on him not to return, and we know how Keane respects his opinions.

Dricky
12/09/2003, 9:52 AM
Originally posted by Conor74
Hate him. Faking injuries for the qualifiers (and McCarthy was as bad to cooperate in that scam), the World Cup, the shafting of Kerr, and always....always...the dogwalking...:D :D

As far as I'm concerned, he is up there with Conor Cruise O'Brien in my short list of despised Irishmen...

He played in the Irish Shirt for Ireland and was the best international midfielder at one stage.

Anyone who can claim to have put in so much to the national team I think could feel justified in their bad feelings to Keane, (or good)

The rest are a bit jealous at their own shortcomings, the Irish mentality of give us everything for nothing or we'll hate you comes up again.

And this abusive language thing well that is just people jumping on the Quinn bandwagon, what footballer doesn't curse. and before you start a curse is a curse is a curse, none are worse than others.

WHat have you done for Ireland?????? How do you support your own country???? where are all your clothes made, all these drinks and food substances imported that are bought by the Irish.

Keane did more for Ireland than anyone on these boards, so I don't think anyone has a right to say he is a tratior, hate him if you want but he's done more for the country and his Family(and dog) so how does he still become a bad man.

Conor I take it you do not own a dog????

So who want the soap box???

Peadar
12/09/2003, 10:15 AM
If we were to qualify for Euro2004 and Roy Keane trumped to declare himself available for selection once again, I'd respect the managers decision whether he brought him back or not.
To be fair Roy has contributed a lot to the Ireland team and made the ultimate sacrifice before the World Cup. I'm not about to go into the reasons of what happened or begin to apportion blame but if he was the best player available for selection then of course he should play. Richard Sadlier is an example of how injury can end your career at any time and I would never blame a man for putting his own health before the entertainment of others.

Greenbod
12/09/2003, 10:22 AM
To me, any player who refuses to make himself available for selection for his country is an *******. It's an honour to be allowed to wear the green jersey. He doesn't want to. That's his perogative, but in my mind it makes him an *******. Also his messing around and unprofessionalism in Saipan was the cause of Colin Healy (a player who knows what an honour it is to play for your country) missing the chance of playing in the World Cup. This was unforgiveable.

Condex
12/09/2003, 10:57 AM
He carried that midfield for years, he made very average players like Kinsella look good.

The current pair only seem to know how to pass a ball sideways

Macy
12/09/2003, 10:58 AM
Legend.... Love to see him back, but can't see it happening...

This from UWSonline.com...

Alex clear on Keane resurgence

By Steve
Date: 8/9/2003

The reason for Roy Keane's 'resurgence' this season, which has seen him back to his old self, has been largely due to the fact he's retired from the International scene according to Alex.

"Taking away his international duties has given Roy Keane an opportunity when he can get a break.
"We have sent him away this week, given him four or five days off, so he can rest and get ready for our next game against Charlton.
"He has already shown the benefits of rest. He had a good summer, prepared himself really well, kept his training regime going and kept himself fresh.
"We have seen the results of that and hopefully he's back to being Roy Keane," added Alex.

Dricky
12/09/2003, 10:59 AM
Dricky, we finally disagree!!!

I don't think you have to be Taoiseach for 10 years before you can criticise Bertie Ahern

I don't think you have to be leader of the Republican Party before you criticise George Bush.

I don't think you have to be a complete c*** before you criticise Margaret Thatcher.

And I really don't think you need to be an international footballer before you can criticise Roy Keane....

I always disagree on the RK thing as this holier than thou thing comes from people who have never done anything for their country except bitch about people better than us.

How can we on these boards one minute slate the barstoollers and then do the exact same thing as they do..... complain when things aren't done the way we expect. We complain that the Barstoolers just take the info they have from RTE and the Press. This is no different there is no proof that keane was instigator there is proof from all quoted that McM was the antagonist.

They all curse.

Are you a dog owner, Dogs need to be walked or the sh!t all over the place, wives and babies don't normally bring the dog for a walk.

Anyone who owns a dog will tell you that it is part of their family. and the family is more important than the press.

Okay I have voted in the elections and I pay my taxes in Ireland so Bertie is fair Game. He is our representative so I can slate him all I want.

GW Bush has violated the UN resolutions enough said.

M T did more to try to destroy the Irish than Queen Lizze the first.

No you don't have to be a footballer before you can criticise Roy Keane but face it he has done more for the country than you have.

He never did anything to attack the country, didn't try to kill anyone, didn't break contract. got fired and the first think he did was look to go home to his wife and family. So basically he acted as if he was a normal person would.

I do believe the people who are entitled to hold court on their opinion of him are the international footballers as the are his peers but to pretend to be shocked at foul words shows that you can lie to the Press, there is no other way about it, Quinn is quoted as saying he had never heard language like that before. Do you believe him on that.

He gave a hell of a lot to Ireland and when he was fired for his abusive language and wanted to go home to his wife and kids and dog then the Irish see it as not being IRISH.

You recently got married Conor whats more important to you your family or your job??

Whats more important your peace of mind or looking good in the press.
so to sum up the man got fired from a non professional sport for having a heated argument with his boss, leaves goes home to his family and then walks the dog. He is human a human who gave a lot to the team he played for. His only crime is he is Roy Keane....

So if your friend brother sister did this would you criticise them???

So how can he be criticised for doing something that anyone else would have done. If your boss set you up would you smile and take it?? He was wrong to blow the lid but then I know I would blow the lid in such a situation and I should be fired for that.

Dricky
12/09/2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Greenbod
To me, any player who refuses to make himself available for selection for his country is an *******. It's an honour to be allowed to wear the green jersey. He doesn't want to. That's his perogative, but in my mind it makes him an *******. Also his messing around and unprofessionalism in Saipan was the cause of Colin Healy (a player who knows what an honour it is to play for your country) missing the chance of playing in the World Cup. This was unforgiveable.

What about all the games where he played lest you forget!!!!!

How can you tell if Keane felt honour or not???? How are you the judge of Honour. Its an honour to go into a hospital and see terminally ill children smiling and be happy even though they know they are going to die. Different people’s opinion of honour but one is more realistic than the other.

Macy
12/09/2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Dricky
Quinn is quoted as saying he had never heard language like that before. Do you believe him on that.
He wouldn't want to stand in section O then

You recently got married Conor whats more important to you your family or your job??
CJH? Bertie? FF? :D

Dricky
12/09/2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Macy
He wouldn't want to stand in section O then

CJH? Bertie? FF? :D

LOL :D :D :D

It 's like were takling kitchen utensils

Greenbod
12/09/2003, 11:38 AM
What about all the games where he played lest you forget!!!!!

How can you tell if Keane felt honour or not???? How are you the judge of Honour. Its an honour to go into a hospital and see terminally ill children smiling and be happy even though they know they are going to die. Different people’s opinion of honour but one is more realistic than the other.

I don't forget the games where he played. He is a great footballer. I don't believe anybody doubts that. He is blessed with an amazing talent. He has chosen not to use that talent any longer for his country. He is perfectly entitled to make that choice just as I am entitled to criticize him for it.

I disagree with your hospital analogy. The difference between going into a hospital to visit sick children and playing football for your country should be obvious. Anyone can visit a hospital, you must be selected to play for your country ie given the honour. I do respect him for the good charitable work he does (along with many others), but in terms of the national team and football (what this forum is all about), I have no respect for him or his choices.

Countyman
12/09/2003, 11:41 AM
I supported him blindly during the WC and beyond praying that McCarthy would be gone by the time the Qualifiers came.

When Mick went I though ah great ..time for Roy to return and what did he do...STICK A BIG TWO FINGERS UP TO IRELAND and say no thanks as 6 qualifiers in 12 months would hurt my poor old knees. What a load of ******.

No one man is bigger than the team.....unless its Richard Dunne

:D

Ozymandias
12/09/2003, 11:43 AM
HERO IN A LAND WHERE WE HAVE ALLWAYS HAD FLAWED HEROES

He should also be remembered for what he did in the green jersey....watch the video of the portugal game in dublin ..on his own he nearly beat them.. absolutely incredible..way better than that performance for utd against Juventus.

We mightn't always agree with him but remember he was OURS and he was CLASS

Macy
12/09/2003, 11:50 AM
Dean Kiely? Steve Staunton? Retiring from International Football whilst still playing for their clubs.... Or are they different because they're (relative to Keano) sh!te?

Was Alan Shearer wrong to retire from international football? Was Bryan Robson? Any number of people who make the decision based on extending their club carreers.... Are they traitors to England? Or are they highly respected for what they did do when they were playing?

Countyman
12/09/2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Macy
Dean Kiely? Steve Staunton? Retiring from International Football whilst still playing for their clubs.... Or are they different because they're (relative to Keano) sh!te?

Was Alan Shearer wrong to retire from international football? Was Bryan Robson? Any number of people who make the decision based on extending their club carreers.... Are they traitors to England? Or are they highly respected for what they did do when they were playing?

..fair point but the big difference is they didn't walk out on their country as captain in the World Cup finals.

Dricky
12/09/2003, 11:56 AM
I don't forget the games where he played. He is a great footballer. I don't believe anybody doubts that. He is blessed with an amazing talent. He has chosen not to use that talent any longer for his country. He is perfectly entitled to make that choice just as I am entitled to criticize him for it.

I disagree with your hospital analogy. The difference between going into a hospital to visit sick children and playing football for your country should be obvious. Anyone can visit a hospital, you must be selected to play for your country ie given the honour. I do respect him for the good charitable work he does (along with many others), but in terms of the national team and football (what this forum is all about), I have no respect for him or his choices.

'any longer for his country. '

He'll always have the talent that will never change no matter how old he is.
So it would be okay for the Irish team to dispose of him when they no longer needed him. Whare is the honour in that.
He was there and his manager promised him all the things would be done right, they were not.
does that make him dishonourable????

My point was honour comes in many different forms, he may find it more honourable in the path he has taken.
What I was pointing out was how can you judge if he was honourable. He was lied too, stabbed in the front and back

Also everyone bar Kerr and his coaching team remained the same at FAI so why should he beleive AGAIN that things would be different.

Once biiten twice shy.

Greenbod
12/09/2003, 12:22 PM
'any longer for his country. '

He'll always have the talent that will never change no matter how old he is.
So it would be okay for the Irish team to dispose of him when they no longer needed him. Whare is the honour in that.
He was there and his manager promised him all the things would be done right, they were not.
does that make him dishonourable????

My point was honour comes in many different forms, he may find it more honourable in the path he has taken.
What I was pointing out was how can you judge if he was honourable. He was lied too, stabbed in the front and back

Also everyone bar Kerr and his coaching team remained the same at FAI so why should he beleive AGAIN that things would be different.

Once biiten twice shy.

I think your first statement above shows your blind spot with regard to Keane. Of course talent fades with age otherwise Noel Cantwell and John Giles would still be playing for Ireland.

You use the term "dispose of him when no longer needed". I wouldn't put it quite like that but yes a time comes in every players career when theres a better option in their position. This hasn't happened with Keane yet.....but he doesn't want to play.

With regard to your FAI point, well the same goes for every player who ever played for Ireland. I doubt that when the players don the jersey they think they're doing it for the glory of the FAI. They just persist and get on with the football regardless of the administrators. Are they ALL stupid for doing this? Perhaps they're just made of sterner stuff than Keane.

I don't think either of our opinions are going to change on this.
So be it.

Macy
12/09/2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Countyman
..fair point but the big difference is they didn't walk out on their country as captain in the World Cup finals.
I refer you to the answer you gave a few moments ago....

I supported him blindly during the WC and beyond praying that McCarthy would be gone by the time the Qualifiers came.

Countyman
12/09/2003, 12:55 PM
whether I supported him or not has no bearing on the comparisons you made and its those comparisons that I had issue with.

If Keane had played in the WC i dont think there would have been such a big fallout from his "retirement"

Macy
12/09/2003, 12:58 PM
Still, noone has managed to find a good reason why he contrived with McCarthy to fake injury to miss a critical game for his country.
Maybe because he was coming back from injury and he probably shouldn't have played the first game either....

tricky_colour
12/09/2003, 1:00 PM
The reason for Roy Keane's 'resurgence' this season, which has seen him back to his old self, has been largely due to the fact he's retired from the International scene according to Alex.

"Taking away his international duties has given Roy Keane an opportunity when he can get a break.

I like the break he got in the USA? He seems to have played
more competive matches this summer and improved for it.
His 'break' last Summer didnt do him much good.

You don't get fit resting - you get fat. The Man U physio will tell you that. (Or ask Gaza).

Once you start taking breaks your joints seize up.

pete
12/09/2003, 1:05 PM
He played in the Irish Shirt for Ireland and was the best international midfielder at one stage.

He was good 'n all but at no stage was he better than Zidane 'n co. He may have been a great defensive midfielder but remeber its always easier to destroy than create...

:rolleyes:

Macy
12/09/2003, 1:13 PM
Originally posted by tricky_colour
I like the break he got in the USA? He seems to have played
more competive matches this summer and improved for it.
His 'break' last Summer didnt do him much good.
Competitive matches or pre-season friendlies? So if he'd stayed in England, done the same pre-season training in Carrington, and then played english based pre-season friendlies that would've been okay? The fact that they did exactly the same build up in a different country obviously proves Fergie doesn't have a valid point.....

Schumi
12/09/2003, 1:35 PM
Oh no. Not again. :(

Ozymandias
12/09/2003, 1:51 PM
Lads I don't know anywhere where I have seen it proved that Roy Faked injury. He says he didn;t McCarthy says he did.....hmmmmm.....that to me isn't conclusive.

If you look back over the years when he was captain he turned up for and played almost all our friendlies.

let go of the straws lads... he is gone why berate him
he made a choice ..one we all mightn't agree with but one we should accept.

He was class and is still class and he was one of us.

remember he was the team captain and it was the team that left him alone in saipan to find his own way home..that was disgraceful out of mcCarthy...he deserved better than that.. someone from the fai should have been with him until he got to Manchester

ger121
12/09/2003, 1:53 PM
YEP RUN AND RUN :D

Dricky
12/09/2003, 1:57 PM
Dricky, what's with the whole "he did more for his country then you did" line? Frankly, if kicking a ball around a field is considered as doing something for your country, then yes I concede he has kicked more footballs around more fields than I have. It seems a strange way to judge someone's merit. As a matter of curiosity if I was a doctor and I saved a life today, an infinitely more important act than playing for Man U or Ireland, would you then permit me to pass judgement on Roy? Do you stand at football matches and urge the crowd not to disparage the opposition, after all who are we to judge? ... ¨

If you were a doctor then your loyalty is to your creed, to save a life not to a country.

But just to complete this, yes saving a life is more important than playing for Man u or Ireland, likewise putting your own sanity and your family before Man U and Ireland is infinitely more important wouldn't you agree? If so, what has he done wrong?

Still, no one has managed to find a good reason why he contrived with McCarthy to fake injury to miss a critical game for his country. Now, I can't honestly gauge how much I may have contributed to the Gross Domestic Product of this island compared to Roy, but that makes him a p**** in my eyes...

Only one person has come up with the injury thing and that is McC, no one else has backed this u, there is no proof even from McC.
If it was contrived as you stated earlier, with McC and Man u well then McC lied, that or he didn't have the guts to say this was arrange, no he pulled it out at a press conference and in front of the team mates accused him of faking. Doesn't strike you as two faced?? That’s just if what you've said were true.

There is more to Roy Keane than football, do you think he finishes his game of footie and then goes home.

You cannot deny he does a lot of good things outside of football. A lot of stuff is kept private, I’m sure as most people would keep their chariitable donations /work private, I’m sure Roy Keane is no different.

You are attacking a man purely on Football and if that is the case he only deserves to be judged by his fellow internationals and the Irish team.

Macy
12/09/2003, 2:01 PM
Do you not accept the US Games are pre-season, same as playing stoke or shels or whoever? An essential part of pre-season training, so can we just forget this bull about them being some pseudo replacement for qualifying games when friendlies are clearly a different matter?

Worthington Cup - Firstly he plays very few games in this competition, and again how is this a replacement for qualifying games? It is a club competition, albeit not the highest on a club like Uniteds list, but a third ranking domestic competition that qualifies for Europe...

What games has Beckham travelled to in which he hasn't been part of the squad that could come on, bar the world cup when he played later in the competition? If their not fit they should be with their clubs recovering...

Why is it so hard to comprehend that the medical advice he recieved was it would be better to have those 6 trips time to recover and recuperate? Read the quotes - he had a days off for R&R... It's not like he's had no major injury problems is it? I knew you were a spin doctor, didn't relise you were a medical doctor as well....

Staunton's a traitor too obviously as he's still playing domestic football but not international football - he who has had no major injury problems in his career (AFAIK and certainly not on the same scale).... Sure once he can play for his club, he must be able to play for his country - it's only 6 games isn't it?

Dricky
12/09/2003, 2:14 PM
I think your first statement above shows your blind spot with regard to Keane. Of course talent fades with age otherwise Noel Cantwell and John Giles would still be playing for Ireland.

You use the term "dispose of him when no longer needed". I wouldn't put it quite like that but yes a time comes in every players career when theres a better option in their position. This hasn't happened with Keane yet.....but he doesn't want to play.

With regard to your FAI point, well the same goes for every player who ever played for Ireland. I doubt that when the players don the jersey they think they're doing it for the glory of the FAI. They just persist and get on with the football regardless of the administrators. Are they ALL stupid for doing this? Perhaps they're just made of sterner stuff than Keane.

I don't think either of our opinions are going to change on this.
So be it.

First he's 31 not in the prime his days were numbered on the team, jump before the push. he put his career first there is nothing wrong with that.

You can say that Keane wants to win and he would rather not do it if he felt he couldn't win. Maybe he felt he couldn't win with the FAI ever, he gave Kerr a chance to pitch but still couldn't be convinced he could win if he was playing on all fronts,, so he didn't return. But KKeane is the only one who knows why he did retire.

Your right we may never agree but then it is just a game of football, judge him as a person and I think you may find your views would not be as harsh on him.

Peadar
12/09/2003, 2:18 PM
Denis Bergkamp, Alan Shearer, Dominic Matteo...
...need I go on?
Sadly it's part of the modern game.
Maybe the Football Associations should look after their players a bit better. We all know the FAI has been run by cowboys in the past. Only time will tell if things improve. Roy Keane owes us nothing.

Dricky
12/09/2003, 2:18 PM
Originally posted by pete
He was good 'n all but at no stage was he better than Zidane 'n co. He may have been a great defensive midfielder but remeber its always easier to destroy than create...

Never said he was the betterI said at a time he was the best.

then Zi Zu came along, you cannot say roy doesn't demands the best from those around him that would elavete him above and co.

Harder to lead then be led.

parnell ranger
12/09/2003, 2:38 PM
i just cant understand anyone who refuses to play for their country.
I like everyone else was touched by the pride shown by the athletes in the special olympics on wearing their irish colours.
Whereas keane fell foul of every manager(international) he played under.
he deprived colin healy of a place in the squad and let his country down badly in a world cup that was there for the taking.
you want legendary?
try sonia o sullivan,john treacy just 2 in a long list of irish sportspeople who are/have been proud to wear the green of ireland.

liamon
12/09/2003, 3:07 PM
Medical advice people...it's worth listening to.
Plus, if you read the interviews from ~ 2 months ago, Keane doesn’t even know if he will be up to playing in 12 months time.
He's got to take care of himself.

As for his willingness to play pre-season games with MUFC:
Strolling around a pitch in the US is a lot easier than trying to dominate midfield in a European qualifier, so let's forget that argument too.

This is just begrudgery. Typical Irish reaction. No thanks for all the good. Instead we criticise him. We didn't appreciate Jame Joyce ("Ireland is the sow that eats her farrow") and we haven't appreciated Roy. Some things never change.

John83
12/09/2003, 3:40 PM
There've been some good points raised here, and a whole lot of dumb ones.

Some people want to know why Keano can play a pre-season, but not our qualifiers. What kind of professional footballer doesn't play a preseason? Exactly how match-fit would he be for Man U right now if he'd just ****ed around training? As someone rightly said, international football is a bit harder than a pre-season friendly, which is little more than a training match.

As for his Worthington Cup exploits, how many such games has he played in over the past year? One? I'd be amazed if it was more than that. Can you think of any good reason for Ferige playing Keane in a WC game? Clearly it was a match-fitness builder for a guy who's spent the last two years struggling with injuries.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a blind Keane fan. I don't hail from Cork, and I don't see things through red-tinted glasses. I deeply resent what Keane did in Saipan, but I'm not so blind as to dismiss the points he raised, and I'm not so bitter that I can't understand an injury-prone player retiring from International Football.

thecorner
12/09/2003, 6:02 PM
ROY KEANE-WHAT A LEGEND

carnstein
12/09/2003, 6:07 PM
Any Irishman who criticises Roy Keane, Irelands greatest ever footballer, is a complete and utter ****er and deserve to be castrated and thrown off the edge of a cliff.

He CARRIED Ireland for years and was not given an iota of credit.

KEANE IS A LEGEND

tricky_colour
12/09/2003, 8:50 PM
"Any Irishman who criticises Roy Keane, Irelands greatest ever footballer, is a complete and utter ****er and deserve to be castrated and thrown off the edge of a cliff. "

Well its not much point being "Irelands greatest ever footballer"
if your not actually playing for Ireland is it?
He might as well be playing for Rangers for all the use he is.

I honestly think he would be happier playing for Glasgow Rangers than for Ireland, which is a pretty sad state of affairs at the end of the day, whatever the reasons.

thecorner
12/09/2003, 10:21 PM
one thing to say

SHORT MEMORIES

Gary
13/09/2003, 6:09 AM
Going to be very productive here, but all you Pro Keane ppl, are the same ppl who said that Roy was dead right to "do" Alfie Haaland. You seem to blindly worship the guy.

I never liked Keane, yes i believe he is a great footballer, and an asset (playing wise) to any team, but the guys attitude stinks to the high heavens. I mean he goes on about being this "ultimate professional", well if this were the case, the guy would have held his tongue and accepted the ultimate honour for a footballer, to captain your country at a World Cup finals. On July1 2002 he could have let rip, but no, Alex had him told i dont want you playing inb the world cup.

As for ppl like the corner saying RK=Legend, i actually feel sorry for you. You have no valid opinion other than (probabaly) "well he is from Cork like", which is uttercowdung anyway because as the song goes

Roy Keane is a traitor
He wears a traitors cap
And when he went to Saipan
He didnt fancy that
He could have captained Ireland, In Korea and Japan
but he is just a mayfield knacker
AND NOT AN IRISH MAN

Having said all that Mick Mc is a muppet as well, he should have known better that do have a public meeting. if there was an axe to grind, everyone knows you do it behind closed doors.

In conclusion, i wont waste having an opinion on RK, its not worth it. He knows whats best best for RK, and dont give a tos about anyone else, and i spose, who can blame him for that?

patsh
13/09/2003, 9:34 AM
Originally posted by Gary

As for ppl like the corner saying RK=Legend, i actually feel sorry for you. You have no valid opinion other than (probabaly) "well he is from Cork like",

as opposed to your so valid opinion which is

but he is just a mayfield knacker
AND NOT AN IRISH MAN

Looks like we found Spillage's rascist.......:rolleyes:

thecorner
13/09/2003, 10:48 AM
alright lads
think it was said already but ill say it again

is dean kiely a traitor
is steve staunton a traitor
is alan shearer a traitor

never knew some of the CCFC fans could be such *******s

Gary
13/09/2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by patsh
as opposed to your so valid opinion which is

Looks like we found Spillage's rascist.......:rolleyes:

Well done! that was really constructive Pat. As always i spose.

My opinion, if i have one, and if u read my last post was that RK and MMc are both idiots. They are the brass tax of the matter.

Question. Has thecorner made a valid point on this yet?
Staunton quit because he is past international football.
Kiely quit becoz he was never going to be first choice.
As for Shearer, who cares, we are talking about "irish" players here.

patsh
13/09/2003, 2:13 PM
Originally posted by Gary
Well done! that was really constructive Pat. As always i spose.

Constructive...????
Let's see now.
You dismiss somebody else's opinion, because you say it's probably based on "well he is from Cork like", and then you go to prove the sound basis of your own opinion by posting an inane ditty, containing a rascist slur and a contradiction in it's last two lines.
I did not offer any opinion on RK, something you claim not to have, or anyone, for that matter.
I simply pointed out to you the stupidity of your own post.
You can take that as constructive criticism..;)

And the initiator of the thread has succeeded in his aim of winding you all up!:)