PDA

View Full Version : What club would you NOT like to see be relegated?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Dodge
22/07/2008, 12:06 AM
Not who you think will stay up, but of the below clubs, which would you like to see stay up.

Give reasons if you feel neccesary

Rovers Maniac
22/07/2008, 12:30 AM
Harps they brought approx 400 to us at the weekend, only Derry would bring more and not always either. As for the rest Galway (approx 80 earlier in the season) don't seem great travellers surpriseing given the city and also Ballinasloe and Tuam is in Galway. UCD bring nobody while Cobh would bring very little as well.

dcfcsteve
22/07/2008, 12:40 AM
Torn between Harps (my second team) and Galway (a town I think could support a big EL team).

GavinZac
22/07/2008, 12:56 AM
Rather than vote for a club, can I use mine to deduct a vote from UCD?

deecay
22/07/2008, 12:59 AM
UCD play the best football but Harps is local and a definate 3pts

dancinpants
22/07/2008, 1:02 AM
Like Steve, torn between Harps and Galway :confused: Eeeny meeeny miney.....

dfx-
22/07/2008, 2:36 AM
- ucdd

pcplod
22/07/2008, 7:57 AM
Ramblers because 1 they are my team
2 national league means all parts of the country be represented
3 besides everything going on in club they are still trying 110%
and when they get a bit of luck their way will start to pick up
more points and will have done enough to stay up
4 sick of city being the only team representing this part of country

Mr A
22/07/2008, 8:21 AM
Voted for Harps because despite the fact that we're completely rubbish, we're also the best team in the universe.

monutdfc
22/07/2008, 8:36 AM
Cobh Ramblers because they're very far away

Mr A
22/07/2008, 8:38 AM
Cobh Ramblers because they're very far away

Or are they just very small? ;)

dublinred
22/07/2008, 8:38 AM
Harps , sound fans ,a few points and a few thousand in gate receipts every season.

d rovers
22/07/2008, 9:11 AM
Hope Harps stay up. They are a decent bunch of supporters, & it is a local game. what's not to like?

GavinZac
22/07/2008, 9:11 AM
E-mail sent to the FAI suggesting Big Brother-style eliminations

Duggie
22/07/2008, 9:13 AM
i voted UCD, no real support but always play decent football. like pete mahon aswell.

HarpoJoyce
22/07/2008, 9:15 AM
Day One Hundred and E-lev-nen, Jeff Kenna is in the bedroom, Alan Mathews and Paul Hegarty are in the kitchen.....Pete Mahon is in the Di-ary Room....."

ollie
22/07/2008, 9:18 AM
Cobh: Nearest team to City geographically. Also after trying to get promoted for so long it would be a shame to see them go down in their first season up.

GuisaSaigon
22/07/2008, 9:24 AM
I voted for Galway! We make the best DVDs:o

sullanefc
22/07/2008, 9:36 AM
Galway. Nice town, club with potential, and personally I have a soft spot for them.

A face
22/07/2008, 9:48 AM
I would normally say Cobh because its better for us cos they are closer and its good to have two side up in Munster but .....

Galway, i know things are a bit up in a heap at the moment but i think it would be good reward for the strides the are making off the pitch and i also think that they just might do it too.

John83
22/07/2008, 9:56 AM
Day One Hundred and E-lev-nen, Jeff Kenna is in the bedroom, Alan Mathews and Paul Hegarty are in the kitchen.....Pete Mahon is in the Di-ary Room....."
That's a diary room video I'd like to see. "I'd tell Big Brother what I thought of this week's challenge, only I'd like to eat tonight."

GavinZac
22/07/2008, 10:00 AM
Its all well and good until Doolin and Scully try to avoid the nominations by shagging discreetly under the kitchen table.

Joe McSweeney
22/07/2008, 10:28 AM
Galway. Nice town, club with potential, and personally I have a soft spot for them.

Which occasionally goes hard.

Its all well and good until Doolin and Scully try to avoid the nominations by shagging discreetly under the kitchen table.

That's honestly such a disturbing image I think we could almost close this one-*shudders*

I don't mind too much who stays up-I think it will be UCD. Wouldn't say no to Cob-h staying up.

brianw82
22/07/2008, 10:35 AM
Personally, I hope Harps can get their act together and pull it off. Not looking likely though, after their atrocious defending on Saturday.

Some folk have said Galway because of their strides off the pitch. Well, they're not in the position they're in because of strides off the pitch. Let them earn their survival.

Neish
22/07/2008, 10:42 AM
Obliviously voted for Harps as they're are my local team. If we had not been in the relegation fight my vote would of went to Galway nice town good setup at the club and always a good place for the overnight away trip.

Sam_Heggy
22/07/2008, 10:43 AM
Harps obviously, big crowds and we are just the nicest team in Ireland (what with giving so many teams their biggest victories all season)

adamd164
22/07/2008, 10:46 AM
Galway: most potential.

forza rovers
22/07/2008, 10:47 AM
harps local and 3 points every time we play them.

Schumi
22/07/2008, 10:52 AM
Voted for UCD because they're just great. :) If two of the four teams could stay up, Harps would be my second choice.

Magicme
22/07/2008, 11:25 AM
Was torn. I defo want Harps and Galway back down with us coz I love them as away trips but want them to stay up coz they are clubs I like a lot. I dont want Cobh back down coz of the distance to travel but it also gives me a great excuse to have a weekend in Cork. So voted for UCD as I really respect the way they have put up with similar jibes as us about no fans etc and despite having a great divorce party at Belfield I dont really want to go there until we are back in the Premier!

micls
22/07/2008, 11:45 AM
Cobh, mostly because its a 20 minute away trip rather than a few hours.

I think they're gone though. Galway a close second

jebus
22/07/2008, 11:53 AM
UCD would be my preferred choice because I've always had a soft spot for the club. Their fans generally seem the soundest too.

Cobh would be an odd second choice for me. Mostly because I would like to see a club with as limited resources as theirs make a mark in the league. A few of their fans are good people as well, only a few mind :)

holidaysong
22/07/2008, 12:00 PM
I voted for Finn Harps as I like the trip there and the fans are dead on.

OneRedArmy
22/07/2008, 12:03 PM
Harps, they are so generous to us points wise!

More seriously, financially we'd miss the North West derbies.

Also still hold Paul Hegarty in high regard (unlike a lot Harps fans).

Otherwise Galway, for many of the reasons said above.

jinxy lilywhite
22/07/2008, 12:12 PM
Harps as I enjoyed the atmosphere and craic in the play off last year.

Somehow I don't think it will be a straight 3 down this year. Some clubs with the financial difficulties may be forced to drop down to the first regardless of their position.

sligoman
22/07/2008, 12:13 PM
I've a reason for each team to go down.

Harps-Dislike them, cocky fans at the start of the season(underestimating the step-up in PD). Terrible team who aren't good enough for Premier.
Cobh-Too far away for away games, bring very few fans to Showgrounds as a result of distance.
Galway-Annoying fans. Should never have been promoted in the first place(yes, I'm still going on about it).
U.C.D.D.-Hate playing them, always a boring game. Belfield Bowl is dead. Bring about 6 fans to the Showgrounds. Yet another trip to Dublin.

I voted for Harps though because it's a good close trip and although we're not their first derby, we both dislike each other so it's good to have a derby. An easy three points with the squad they have at the moment too:D

Sam_Heggy
22/07/2008, 12:22 PM
Harps-Dislike them

Really :eek: would have never guessed that, is it because you were banned from our forum? :p

spongebob
22/07/2008, 12:23 PM
Harps because I would like to see Paul Hegarty succeed plus they deserve a lot of credit for building a new stadium - everyone else is talking about it - Harps are doing it.

sligoman
22/07/2008, 12:32 PM
Really :eek: would have never guessed that, is it because you were banned from our forum? :p:confused:, I wasn't banned. I left.

GuisaSaigon
22/07/2008, 1:12 PM
Galway-Annoying fans.
Annoying? Aaaww poor shligoman. Lads stop annoying the Sligwegians:D

pineapple stu
22/07/2008, 1:24 PM
Galway, i know things are a bit up in a heap at the moment but i think it would be good reward for the strides the are making off the pitch and i also think that they just might do it too.
What progress is that? (Genuinely!)

UCD for me obviously. Us aside, Harps, big gap, Cobh, big gap, Galway.

Sumac
22/07/2008, 1:58 PM
What progress is that? (Genuinely!)

UCD for me obviously. Us aside, Harps, big gap, Cobh, big gap, Galway.

Pineapple Stu - Galway have develpoped one of the nicest grounds in the league, Have attempted to go to a full-time set-up, Got an ambitous young manager in and are trying to put in place the foundations to develop young local players.
Now the board did make some errors and unfortunately the crowds went down this year, but now the necessary adjustments have been made and the club will survive.
That may or may not be enough to keep us in the premier but the club are trying to go in the right direction. The progress is moving from an amateur mid table div 1 side with an average ground with poor crowds to where we are now.
A stuggling full time set-up with a lovely ground with crowds declining due to poor results. What if results pick-up and we got a run in the cup - We could end up being a premier division club with an excellent young manager, nice facilities and a good fan base which unfortunately is very fickle.
Its not spectacular but it is progress

cobra
22/07/2008, 1:59 PM
Considering finn park is only 6 miles away, has to be a harps vote

deecay
22/07/2008, 2:12 PM
Really :eek: would have never guessed that, is it because you were banned from our forum? :p
On the subject of the Harps forum,DonegalRovers should be banned,he talks ****e all day and was scared to go to Sligo,what a girl

Annoying? Aaaww poor shligoman. Lads stop annoying the Sligwegians:D
Yes,ye are probley the worst in the league

OneRedArmy
22/07/2008, 2:16 PM
What progress is that? (Genuinely!)Trying to run a professional football club.

Whilst they may not have achieve it (and it doesn't look good) some of us give them credit for trying.

UCD, on the other hand, don't appear to be getting much credit for their risk aversity in this thread. I'm sure that doesn't particularly bother you, but it does tell a story.

But that story is not particularly relevant to this thread.

sullanefc
22/07/2008, 3:03 PM
Another good reason for voting for Galway is as a two fingers to all those Dundalk, Limerick etc fans who b*tch and whine about Galway getting promoted on the back of a DVD.

Terry-Lander
22/07/2008, 3:03 PM
Yes,ye are probley the worst in the league[/quote]

and who put ye out of the cup?

Probley.......... is that a local term?

holidaysong
22/07/2008, 3:05 PM
Another good reason for voting for Galway is as a two fingers to all those Dundalk, Limerick etc fans who b*tch and whine about Galway getting promoted on the back of a DVD.

A great reason alright... :rolleyes:

The Rebel Ram
22/07/2008, 3:16 PM
I obviously voted for Ramblers.
They won the First Div against all the odds last season and i recon they are going to get 3 points at the weekend against Bray that will start their move up the table.
UCD are of no benefit to the Prem, another Dub club, not whats needed.
Harps and Galway have both overspent in my opinion and cannot stay pro for long.
Cobh haven't the greatest budget in the league but the recent goings on in the club have brought out a lot of talented and energetic people with a vision to drive the club forward. I feel if we manage to avoid the drop this season(it's anybody's guess who will survive) we will be set up to build and grow the club next season. It will be just reward for the huge amount of time and effort that is being put into the club off the field by these people.

Mr A
22/07/2008, 3:19 PM
I think you're right that Harps have overspent (but more misspent than overspent to be honest), but all our wages have been paid on time to date- can Cobh say the same thing? If not it's a bit rich to be commenting on our finances.