PDA

View Full Version : What club would you NOT like to see be relegated?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

sligoman
22/07/2008, 3:31 PM
and who put ye out of the cup?What has your annoying fans got to do with your team knocking us out of a cup, on penalties?

dublinwanderer
22/07/2008, 3:44 PM
I want ucd to stay up, even though i hate them... these long trips down the country really kill me!!!

jebus
22/07/2008, 3:47 PM
Another good reason for voting for Galway is as a two fingers to all those Dundalk, Limerick etc fans who b*tch and whine about Galway getting promoted on the back of a DVD.

Correction, we bitch and moan about their promotion on the back of their DVD and misconceptions. But since you think being rewarded in a sporting competition for these methods is okay I don't really care what you think :)

sullanefc
22/07/2008, 3:53 PM
Correction, we bitch and moan about their promotion on the back of their DVD and misconceptions. But since you think being rewarded in a sporting competition for these methods is okay I don't really care what you think :)

You cared enough to respond. I'm touched. ;)

thischarmingman
22/07/2008, 3:59 PM
Harps, easy journey, good craic, three points.

pineapple stu
22/07/2008, 4:03 PM
Trying to run a professional football club.

Whilst they may not have achieve it (and it doesn't look good) some of us give them credit for trying.
They can try all they like; so long as they get praised instead of being slapped in the face with a wet fish for trying something completely implausible and which most posters on here were sceptical about at the season's start, the league's problems will continue. "Aren't they great trying a full time set up - sure it failed, like the ten times, but sure they tried at least." Then everyone gets up and moves around to a 10- or 12-team league again, just like the Mad Hatter's tea party.

I'm sure that doesn't particularly bother you, but it does tell a story.
You're right, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Quite happy not seeing my eaam go tits up every other year because we don't learn from our mistakes.

Pineapple Stu - Galway have develpoped one of the nicest grounds in the league
Spot on; it's a credit to the league.

Have attempted to go to a full-time set-up
I don't think this counts as progress, especially if, within six months of trying it, you're back to part-time again.

Got an ambitous young manager in
Certainly isn't progress. Any club can claim the same (well, we can't claim the "young" bit, but you know what I mean)

and are trying to put in place the foundations to develop young local players.
This is progress? What have you been doing the last 30 years? (And I'll let slip the "trying to put in place the foundations for...", which is how a politician would explain that he's done nothing)

Galway have tried, but haven't put together any sort of realistic plan and have found themselves in the state they're in. A face said the club were making "strides...off the pitch". I don't see how this is backed up by having a youth set up and failing miserably and predictably to go full time.

brendy_éire
22/07/2008, 4:09 PM
I dont like being forced to choose. Can't we all just get along? :(
Push to shove I'd pick Harps. Can't beat a 40 minute trip to an away game.
In saying that, I love away trips to Galway and Cobh (and staying in Cork). Have no difficulty in giving a trip to Dublin.

Rovers1
22/07/2008, 4:12 PM
and who put ye out of the cup?

you call that a cup?:D

Olander
22/07/2008, 4:12 PM
As for the rest Galway (approx 80 earlier in the season) don't seem great travellers surpriseing given the city and also Ballinasloe and Tuam is in Galway.
you are comfortably mid-table and you barely had 80 in terryland :rolleyes: :o

Sam_Heggy
22/07/2008, 4:16 PM
Harps, easy journey, good craic, three points.

Do you not live in Dublin? :confused:

holidaysong
22/07/2008, 4:43 PM

He needs to change his location, his college days are over.. ;)

cheech
22/07/2008, 5:38 PM
...........Annoying fans......

Thump!

Sorry. Just fell off my seat. LOL. Without a hint of irony the most annoying fan on a football forum has the nerve to label Galway annoying :D

I voted for Harps but the opposite to Shligoman I could give reasons for all the clubs to stay up.

Kildareman
22/07/2008, 5:41 PM
No doubts about it. It has to be Harps.
UCD are just down the road, Galway and Cobh are great weekend away spots and Harps are too damn far away.
Sure they're nearly in another country they're that far away.:p

Black and White
22/07/2008, 5:51 PM
UCD, cause the other 3 are useless, esp. cobh and harps, galway should never have been in the premier division, didnt exactly win any playoffs or leagues or finish anywhere significant to earn that right!:mad:

cheech
22/07/2008, 5:52 PM
UCD are just down the road, Galway and Cobh are great weekend away spots and Harps are too damn far away.

Ha ha ha ha ha!!

Thanks for the vote.

If anyone has the time will they please explain the question to this dufus.

cheech
22/07/2008, 5:57 PM
UCD, cause the other 3 are useless, esp. cobh and harps, galway should never have been in the premier division, didnt exactly win any playoffs or leagues or finish anywhere significant to earn that right!:mad:

Hmmmm. Galway didn't win any playoffs or leagues.

Cobh and Harps are useless, even though they beat you to win the playoffs and leagues.........

This thread is really bringing them out. :D

thischarmingman
22/07/2008, 6:08 PM

I did not count on your eagle eyes Mr Heggy. Sadly, my wild college days are past. Handily, my wild post-college days are just beginning. I'll update my profile accordingly if it will reassure you...:p

Terry-Lander
22/07/2008, 6:09 PM
What has your annoying fans got to do with your team knocking us out of a cup, on penalties?

If you read deecay's post it said........ye are probley (sic) the worst team in the league. It is that to which I was responding. Now go away.;)

deecay
22/07/2008, 6:20 PM
If you read deecay's post it said........ye are probley (sic) the worst team in the league. It is that to which I was responding. Now go away.;)
Ha,where did I say that?Enjoy the graveyard

Black and White
22/07/2008, 6:36 PM
I was referring to the premier divison this year about harps and cobh, they play the worst football iv seen in this league this year...that alright cheech!!!!!!;) i am well aware of the first divisions results from last year considering my home team!!

Sheridan
22/07/2008, 6:43 PM
Would like to see UCD go down, and I think honour demands that Galway accompany them. Not that pushed on the remaining two but I'd probably plump for Cóbh to stay up.

L37Ultra
22/07/2008, 6:52 PM
I wouldn't mind UCD or Cobh Ramblers going down at all but I wouldn't like to see the other two go down for very different reasons. I was going to vote for Finn Harps because of their fans and what they bring to the Premier Division. They get great home and away support and they have great potential as a club if they stay up. The reason I didn't is because it is a difficult place to go and its almost a guarenteed lose of 6 points for Limerick next season if Finn Harps go down.

Galway on the other hand, could seriously struggle financially if they go down and the last thing we need is another club struggling to survive so I hope they stay up. Galway City also seems to have huge passion for football and they get good crowds.

dortie
22/07/2008, 7:04 PM
Galway, spent many a summer down there, nice part of the country. Potential support too.

deecay
22/07/2008, 7:33 PM
Galway City also seems to have huge passion for football and they get good crowds.
They dont have any sort of passion for their team though?

Youths4Ever
22/07/2008, 7:44 PM

could not agree more :D

sligoman
22/07/2008, 8:45 PM
Yes,ye are probley the worst in the leagueTry again Terry-Lander.

Galway City also seems to have huge passion for football and they get good crowds.Do they?:eek:

Martinho II
22/07/2008, 8:55 PM
pressed on the subject i think dundalk are goin to go up and galway utd to go down.. i think things have a habit of repeatin themselves.. plus the reason i want galway to go down is that we are not goin up this year and it is a proper excuse to say hello to galwaygirl and guisasignon!! when we meet next season ;)

sligoman
22/07/2008, 8:56 PM
pressed on the subject i think dundalk are goin to go up and galway utd to go down.. i think things have a habit of repeatin themselves.. plus the reason i want galway to go down is that we are not goin up this year and it is a proper excuse to say hello to galwaygirl and guisasignon!! when we meet next season ;)Three teams get relegated Marty;)

lowroadrover
22/07/2008, 9:13 PM
Would like to see harps stay up . They've been 40yrs fighting the good fight

Kildareman
22/07/2008, 11:09 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha!!

Thanks for the vote.

If anyone has the time will they please explain the question to this dufus.

Right dufus let me explain.
I'll even type slowly so you can keep up.
The question is " What club would you NOT like to see be relegated".
As we are in the first division we do not want Finn Harps back in our division, hence the explanation on my original post.
Do you still not get it????:confused::confused::confused:

Aaron
22/07/2008, 11:20 PM
Harps, they are so generous to us points wise!

More seriously, financially we'd miss the North West derbies.

Also still hold Paul Hegarty in high regard (unlike a lot Harps fans).

Otherwise Galway, for many of the reasons said above.

Ditto

cestlavie
22/07/2008, 11:58 PM
I voted for Harps as they have potential to be a very big club but Id be worried at the moment as they have a donkey of a manager aka Hegarty and no real top class coaching staff at the club.

Rovers Maniac
23/07/2008, 12:03 AM
I voted for Harps as DCFCSteve did

Rovers fan
23/07/2008, 1:21 AM

A) It was on t.v
B) A lot of people(myself included) missed it due to oxegen
C) It was on in the middle of summer and therefore a lot of people are on holiday/at the gaeltacht etc.....

deecay
23/07/2008, 1:52 AM
We had over 100,we had 300-400 at the begainning of last season when we had no manager and were favourites to go down

GuisaSaigon
23/07/2008, 9:16 AM
I voted for Harps as DCFCSteve did

Get a room!

Rovers Maniac
23/07/2008, 9:23 AM
Get a room!

I admire him for his knowledge of the game on this Island both north and south. He is also very witty with some great remarks and dumbfounds his opponents he also drills them hard to make the other poster submit until they take his point of view and probably lie in a heap after exhausted. There is nothing sexual in my admiration of the man.

GuisaSaigon
23/07/2008, 9:25 AM
They dont have any sort of passion for their team though?

Pot Kettle Black:eek:

GuisaSaigon
23/07/2008, 9:34 AM
pressed on the subject i think dundalk are goin to go up and galway utd to go down.. i think things have a habit of repeatin themselves.. plus the reason i want galway to go down is that we are not goin up this year and it is a proper excuse to say hello to galwaygirl and guisasignon!! when we meet next season ;)
Yeah hope we only see you for a League Cup Game Marty!

John83
23/07/2008, 10:45 AM
Right dufus let me explain.
I'll even type slowly so you can keep up.
The question is " What club would you NOT like to see be relegated".
As we are in the first division we do not want Finn Harps back in our division, hence the explanation on my original post.
Do you still not get it????:confused::confused::confused:
This may be the first and last time I will ever use the word 'pwnage'.

Fivesilver
23/07/2008, 10:46 AM
Er . . . the team out of the four who ends up with the most points, since unlike people who buy into the AIL, I still believe in this principle.

jinxy lilywhite
23/07/2008, 10:59 AM
i was looking at the table last night and I thought that maybe Bray or Sligo could slip back in to it. Bray seem to be in freefall and can't get a win and Sligo may lose a couple of more players with financial difficulties.

John83
23/07/2008, 11:03 AM
Er . . . the team out of the four who ends up with the most points, since unlike people who buy into the AIL, I still believe in this principle.
That's nonsense, and you know it. The only way forward is intelligently designed leagues (http://stigonline.com/misc/design.htm).

GavinZac
23/07/2008, 11:07 AM
That's nonsense, and you know it. The only way forward is intelligently designed leagues (http://stigonline.com/misc/design.htm).
Drawing with Cork (in the middle of a run of 5 draws) - the highlight of UCD's season :D

Con-Con
23/07/2008, 11:17 AM
i was looking at the table last night and I thought that maybe Bray or Sligo could slip back in to it. Bray seem to be in freefall and can't get a win and Sligo may lose a couple of more players with financial difficulties.
I can see Bray being near the drop but I think Sligo will be safe because of there recent run.

dublinred
23/07/2008, 11:46 AM
Harps they brought approx 400 to us at the weekend, only Derry would bring more and not always either. As for the rest Galway (approx 80 earlier in the season) don't seem great travellers surpriseing given the city and also Ballinasloe and Tuam is in Galway. UCD bring nobody while Cobh would bring very little as well.

If you weren't married to your cousin I would report you to the equality board for a statement like that.

Fivesilver
23/07/2008, 12:44 PM

Somehow I can't help thinking Dr McNice must be related to Rico. :D

GavinZac
23/07/2008, 12:49 PM
Somehow I can't help thinking Dr McNice must be related to Rico. :D

Because there's a fair bit of maths involved so you couldn't read his responses either?

Martinho II
23/07/2008, 9:07 PM
Three teams get relegated Marty;)

just makin a point thats all..:rolleyes: think ucd and cobh will go down too..

bellavistaman
24/07/2008, 1:31 PM
Nobody likes us:(:D

Just going to have to upset the lot of ye lads, id imagine if there was a couldnt give a sh!t option, that would see through.