PDA

View Full Version : Clare League Season 2008/09

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Greaves
17/07/2008, 9:10 AM
Any predictions for the new season, winners, relegation possibilities, fixtures etc...

Planners
17/07/2008, 12:12 PM
NOF look good to retain the title - Ave & lifford the usual contenders but tend to lose their pace towards the end of the season - The rats could huf and puff but can't see much happening their - maybe 2009 / 2010 season - Rineanna could content if they win a few games rather than draw - bridge back down along with Corofin possible O'Briens bridge - The Westies { Moher / Burren } will make things awkward -

bigguy
18/07/2008, 2:26 PM
NOF look good to retain the title - Ave & lifford the usual contenders but tend to lose their pace towards the end of the season - The rats could huf and puff but can't see much happening their - maybe 2009 / 2010 season - Rineanna could content if they win a few games rather than draw - bridge back down along with Corofin possible O'Briens bridge - The Westies { Moher / Burren } will make things awkward -

Its hard to make any predictions when we dont know for sure whose signing where with all the rumours still doing the rounds..another week or so will sort that i guess..anyone know the date season starts and will it be the league or so?

justdoit
03/08/2008, 11:51 PM
i can see de Bridge up there this year always hard to beat

LazyLegs
06/08/2008, 1:42 PM
To make things easier we should post up the ins and outs of each club that we know

serpico
06/08/2008, 5:04 PM
martin oneill gone back to pike.fact....

MikeBassett
06/08/2008, 5:31 PM
any word on who got the oscar traynor job or who's in the frame?

LazyLegs
06/08/2008, 5:48 PM
Heard from a reliable source that Colm Ryan, the rineanna boss put his name forward.The same man got Shannon Olympic relegated and if im not mistaken did very poorly with rineanna last year.Both clubs nearly folded because of him.best of luck to him anyways

studsup
06/08/2008, 10:46 PM
Heard from a reliable source that Colm Ryan, the rineanna boss put his name forward.The same man got Shannon Olympic relegated and if im not mistaken did very poorly with rineanna last year.Both clubs nearly folded because of him.best of luck to him anyways

for the rest of ye intelligent folk..i'm definately not in for job no qualification and definately no interest...

phew!!!!

LazyLegs
23/08/2008, 10:25 AM
Holly tournament final on tonight at quarter to seven.Newmarket a's against the rovers.

MikeBassett
23/08/2008, 7:52 PM
yes was meant to be 7pm kick-off alrite, hacker mopping up after lazylegs' inaccurate information

Bossman
24/08/2008, 3:17 PM
Fixtures now on www.claresoccer.net

out red
24/08/2008, 8:45 PM
tough games this weekend all round. can c wins for lifford, avenue and rats. very impressed wit what i have seen of rats and lifford in pre season and expect both to ave very good seasons. would b happy wit draw in burren for ourselves. rovers should b too strong for bridge celtic unless they kick them off the field like last season. great to be back. best of luck to all sides for coming season

out red
24/08/2008, 8:50 PM
for what its worth hacker think u would do a great job of oscar traynor. lazy legs lets not forgot when he took over at rovers they were in trouble of folding. great to see big squad size now keep it up

LazyLegs
24/08/2008, 8:51 PM
Wins for avenue bunratty lifford and newmarket and rineanna who usually start strong.

LazyLegs
24/08/2008, 8:53 PM
Also would anyone care to predict the final standings?

Avenue1990
24/08/2008, 9:41 PM
1st - Avenue
2nd - Bunratty
3rd - Lifford
4th - Corofin
5th - Newmarket

Relegation - Moher, Rineanna, Bridge Utd

Best of luck to all

old git
24/08/2008, 9:49 PM
1st, avenue no surprises here with prediction :D

MikeBassett
24/08/2008, 11:45 PM
Predictions:

Lifford
Avenue Corofin Draw
Bunratty
Bridge Celtic Rineanna Draw

Spudd
29/08/2008, 12:36 PM
*** YAWN***

Nothing to talk about now that Newtown are gone then lads......?

Spudd
29/08/2008, 1:10 PM
*** YAWN***

Nothing to talk about now that Newtown are gone then lads......?

Mcdade get over newtown. :D:p

LazyLegs
29/08/2008, 3:50 PM
1st - Avenue
2nd - Bunratty
3rd - Lifford
4th - Corofin
5th - Newmarket

Relegation - Moher, Rineanna, Bridge Utd

Best of luck to all

1st Bunratty
2nd Avenue
3rd Newmarket
4th lifford
5th corofin
6th rineanna
7th Moher
8th bridge utd
9th bridge celtic
10th burren

Offside
29/08/2008, 5:40 PM
I reckon Avenue will be the team to beat this year... From what I hear they are very strong this year.
Good luck to all for the up coming season. Any predictions for this weekends games??

Halo
30/08/2008, 8:38 AM
Predictions
1 Lifford
2 Bunratty
3 Avenue
4 Newmarket
5 Moher

Can't see Avenue doing much this season, they seem to be struggling so far in pre season, as was evidenced during the week when they where lucky to beat a Rock Rovers 11, 2-0 whom were missing 8 of there starting cup final team.
Lifford to appear to be a much better drilled team who play much better football.

MikeBassett
30/08/2008, 2:17 PM
Premier League Odds

Avenue Utd 11/4
Bunratty 7/4
Newmarket Celtic 11/2
Lifford 11/2
Bridge Utd 12/1
Moher Celtic 12/1
Rineanna Rovers 20/1
Bridge Celtic 20/1
Corofin Harps 20/1
Burren Utd 20/1

Bossman
31/08/2008, 6:44 PM
www.claresoccer.net updated

LazyLegs
31/08/2008, 9:56 PM
Anyone have reports from todays matches?

CousinSylDolan
01/09/2008, 9:27 AM
Avenue Utd 11/4
Bunratty 7/4
Newmarket Celtic 11/2
Lifford 11/2

Bit unrealistic I feel considering Bunratty were a 1st division team 2 years ago.

LazyLegs
01/09/2008, 11:26 AM
Avenue Utd 11/4
Bunratty 7/4
Newmarket Celtic 11/2
Lifford 11/2

Bit unrealistic I feel considering Bunratty were a 1st division team 2 years ago.

I agree but you know that with the current squad they will be title challengers.was their win convincing yesterday?

MikeBassett
01/09/2008, 11:40 AM
Avenue Utd 11/4
Bunratty 7/4
Newmarket Celtic 11/2
Lifford 11/2

my mistake there...Bunratty are 7/2 not 7/4

CousinSylDolan
01/09/2008, 3:02 PM
I agree but you know that with the current squad they will be title challengers.was their win convincing yesterday?

Moher were weakened a lot by a few Gaelic football matches yesterday. All of their main players bar 1 (M Hoey) were not there.

smellyfeet
03/09/2008, 12:09 PM
I know Newmarket lost 3-1 to Lifford last night but are there any other results. Also, Lifford left Newmarket Blowing car horns and yelping out car windows like a bunch of mental patients, sad really as i thought only Rineanna did this:)

MikeBassett
03/09/2008, 12:26 PM
Moher 2-2 Corofin
Bunratty 1-1 Bridge Celtic
Avenue 6-0 Bridge Utd
Rineanna 2-2 Burren

old git
03/09/2008, 6:28 PM
I know Newmarket lost 3-1 to Lifford last night but are there any other results. Also, Lifford left Newmarket Blowing car horns and yelping out car windows like a bunch of mental patients, sad really as i thought only Rineanna did this:)

bit early to be celebrating like that long season to go yet ... no wonder lifford are so unpopular in clare :D:D

plasticpitch
03/09/2008, 8:11 PM
bit early to be celebrating like that long season to go yet ... no wonder lifford are so unpopular in clare :D:D

2 words...
sour
grapes:p

old git
03/09/2008, 10:47 PM
2 words...
sour
grapes:p

ain't no sour grapes from me no connections with with newmarket... always believed gave your all on the pitch took your beatings / gave your beatings and showed respect to other teams off the pitch.. :ball: as already said it is a long season and lifford have already fired up the newmarket lads for the return game in ennis .. do your celebrating when trophies are won :ball:

plasticpitch
04/09/2008, 3:36 AM
ain't no sour grapes from me no connections with with newmarket... always believed gave your all on the pitch took your beatings / gave your beatings and showed respect to other teams off the pitch.. :ball: as already said it is a long season and lifford have already fired up the newmarket lads for the return game in ennis .. do your celebrating when trophies are won :ball:

agreed... but if the horn blowing is true... it's sounds a bit like what an under 14 team would do!! on the other hand the lifford lads have had their backsides handed to them by newmarket over the past few seasons including denying them their 1st title win(in donkeys years) on the last day of the season a few years back. personally i'm delighted they beat them and i'm sure the lifford lads will be fired up to do the double over them this season!
also i'm certain that there was handshakes from all players after the game.... win lose r draw the lifford lads would be 1st to offer the hand!

the only 1
04/09/2008, 8:15 AM
lads is davy wall still playing with pike or is he gone back to the clare league

Bannerman
04/09/2008, 10:09 AM
Round 1 Kerry, Clare, Desmond

1 Bridge Celtic v Rineanna FC
2 Manus Celtic v Rhine Rovers

Round 2 Kerry, Clare, Desmond.

1 Killarney Ath. v Broadford Utd.
2 St. Itas v Moher Celtic
3 Inter Kenmare v Rathkeale FC
4 Bunratty FC v Lisselton Celtic
5 Tralee Dynamoes v Carrig Celtic
6 Tulla Utd. v Newmarket Celtic
7 Tralee Celtic v Newcastle West
8 Sporting Ennistymon v Shannon Olympic
9 Castleisland FC v Bridge Utd.
10 Oldmill FC v Askeaton FC
11 Bridge Celtic or Rineanna FC v Glin Rovers
12 Pallaskenry FC v Mountshannon Ath.
13 Ballingarry FC v Killarney Celtic
14 Rock Rovers v St. Brendans Park
15 Shannonside FC v Manus or Rhine Rovers
16 Abbeyfeale FC v Ratoo Rovers
17 Glantine FC v Newcastle West Rovers
18 Listowel Celtic v Classic FC
19 Burrin Utd. v Avenue Utd.
20 Kileaney FC v Kilrush Rgs.

Trevor Mcnurkey
04/09/2008, 11:24 AM
Bunratty Vs Lisselton....... :)

Should be a cracking game...... Saw Lisselton last year very impressive

out red
04/09/2008, 11:40 AM
lads just wondering have lifford not entered the fai again this year? personally think they would have a great chance of going a long way. i really think one of the clare teams is going to have a good run in this, some tough draws for desmond and kerry sides against each other. as for us looking forward to playing in tulla.

smellyfeet
04/09/2008, 2:41 PM
agreed... but if the horn blowing is true... it's sounds a bit like what an under 14 team would do!! on the other hand the lifford lads have had their backsides handed to them by newmarket over the past few seasons including denying them their 1st title win(in donkeys years) on the last day of the season a few years back. personally i'm delighted they beat them and i'm sure the lifford lads will be fired up to do the double over them this season!
also i'm certain that there was handshakes from all players after the game.... win lose r draw the lifford lads would be 1st to offer the hand!

Plastic,TBH Newmarket had to win that game you are talking about because they were fighting Relegation. Most players shake the hand of the apponent so they can really be applauded for that, and would the horn be blowing if they drew or lost the game, don't think so.

plasticpitch
04/09/2008, 4:33 PM
lads just wondering have lifford not entered the fai again this year? personally think they would have a great chance of going a long way. i really think one of the clare teams is going to have a good run in this, some tough draws for desmond and kerry sides against each other. as for us looking forward to playing in tulla.
i think they have just entered the munster jc but need to clarify that.

plasticpitch
04/09/2008, 4:36 PM
Plastic,TBH Newmarket had to win that game you are talking about because they were fighting Relegation. Most players shake the hand of the apponent so they can really be applauded for that, and would the horn be blowing if they drew or lost the game, don't think so.
fair point... but maybe it was some over enthusiastic parents or supporters and not the players that were doing the horn blowing.... but as i wasn't there i am speculating!!

out red
04/09/2008, 5:25 PM
fair point... but maybe it was some over enthusiastic parents or supporters and not the players that were doing the horn blowing.... but as i wasn't there i am speculating!!

was not lifford players, as they were still in the dressing room more than likely correct with some over enthusiastic parents or supporters. water off a ducks back to us in newmarket

MikeBassett
04/09/2008, 10:43 PM

im fairly sure my memory is serving me correctly here and that i heard at some stage that lifford boycott all fai cups for sum reason dont know why. they havent entered the fai u17, youths or junior in last few years but have entered munster youths and junior

Bossman
05/09/2008, 4:19 PM
Now on www.claresoccer.net

2legged tackle
05/09/2008, 6:06 PM
lads is davy wall still playing with pike or is he gone back to the clare league

Just read of the Limerick 1B thread that he's signed for Park.
Player Manager from what i hear.:eek:

old git
05/09/2008, 7:37 PM
Just read of the Limerick 1B thread that he's signed for Park.
Player Manager from what i hear.:eek:

player manager ... hope somebody told dermot finnan :D:D

mr miyagi
07/09/2008, 12:22 AM
No interest in the lower divisions (2nd, 3rd) here I suppose ?