PDA

View Full Version : A Team

Pages : [1] 2

Gaillimh Al
22/06/2008, 8:51 PM
Just wondering are ye really stretched for playersfor this?? Only 12 at the game today. Beaten 3-1 by Salthill, after being reduced to ten through injury and left full playing in goals. No physio either. This was your team:

Sligo Rovers: Pat Jennings; David Rooney, Jason Noctor, Niall Costello, David Conwell; Alan Maguire, Gary Curran, Oisin Mannion, James Keeney; Steve Feeney, Mickey Creane. Sub: Gavin O'Dwyer.

Feeney scored and Creane should have scored a couple more....quick but can't finish.

sligoman
22/06/2008, 9:03 PM
Yeah they're not gonna be great. Team was assembled fairly quickly just to get things going this season.

Did Jennings go off injured?

Gaillimh Al
22/06/2008, 9:11 PM
Yeah pulled a hamstring I think. Noctor went off concussed.

sligoman
22/06/2008, 9:12 PM
Yeah pulled a hamstring I think.What was the score at that stage?

pineapple stu
22/06/2008, 9:13 PM
Team was assembled fairly quickly just to get things going this season.
How quickly was it assembled given you had six months' notice?

sligoman
22/06/2008, 9:15 PM
How quickly was it assembled given you had six months' notice?This quickly <------------------------->
:p

Gaillimh Al
22/06/2008, 9:23 PM
Were one up when he went off, but Salthill had hit the bar and created chances.......was one all when ye went down to ten.

deecay
22/06/2008, 9:39 PM
Thats bad that their was no phyiso

showgies
22/06/2008, 11:05 PM
Probably would have been 6-1 if Jennings stayed on !

Only1Rovers
23/06/2008, 7:25 AM
Jennings was limping to and from the dug-out on Saturday night.

SligoBrewer
23/06/2008, 5:45 PM
Jennings was limping to and from the dug-out on Saturday night.

I wonder if that's the reason why Brushie started Saturday so.

sligofan4ever
23/06/2008, 5:59 PM
I wonder if that's the reason why Brushie started Saturday so.

I'd say he was going to start anyways and in all fairness Brush kept our first clean sheet in 3 games.

Only1Rovers
23/06/2008, 8:49 PM
I wouldn't worry about seeing Jennings between the sticks for the 1st team again unless something drastic happens to the Brushmister.

sligoman
07/07/2008, 9:09 PM
They lost 2-0 away to Harps tonight.

forza rovers
08/07/2008, 8:25 AM
They lost 2-0 away to Harps tonight.who was in goals?

Redie
08/07/2008, 8:54 AM
Originally Posted by Sligofan4ever
I'd say he was going to start anyways and in all fairness Brush kept our first clean sheet in 3 games.

He kept a clean sheet against UCD two games ago?

forza rovers
08/07/2008, 8:57 AM
He kept a clean sheet against UCD two games ago?that was said before the ucd game.

sligoman
08/07/2008, 11:24 AM
Don't know but I assume the A team's goalkeeper, Stephen Heraghty.

Comment from a Harps fan: "Best player on the pitch by a mile was Gary Curran from Sligo. Jason Noctor had a good game for Sligo aswell"

90minutes
08/07/2008, 1:19 PM
Don't know but I assume the A team's goalkeeper, Stephen Heraghty.

Comment from a Harps fan: "Best player on the pitch by a mile was Gary Curran from Sligo. Jason Noctor had a good game for Sligo aswell"

does anyone know why he was taken off at half time against derry in the last A-team game

sligoman
13/07/2008, 9:49 PM
Rovers 1-4 Bohemians. Our goal was an own goal. Two of Bohs goals were penalties.

deecay
24/07/2008, 9:25 PM
McT wasnt training with them tonight,Ross McLoughlin is still training with them

sligofan4ever
26/07/2008, 4:20 PM
What was the final score today ?

deecay
26/07/2008, 6:08 PM
What was the final score today ?
Their playing Shams at 2 tomorrow

sligoman
27/07/2008, 3:03 PM
Bet shams 1-0 today, last minute winner by Ross McLoughlin.

brianw82
27/07/2008, 3:55 PM
Surely Ross has to be considered for the first team, in the current circumstances?

sligoman
27/07/2008, 3:57 PM
I'd have him up front ahead of Creane anyway.

deecay
27/07/2008, 4:05 PM
Ross is the a-team's best player imo.Took his goal well

sligofan4ever
27/07/2008, 4:08 PM
He might get called up next Sunday, he deserves a chance.

happydays97
27/07/2008, 10:25 PM
Ross is the a-team's best player imo.Took his goal well

Who played well for the A team today???

deecay
27/07/2008, 10:36 PM
Who played well for the A team today???
Niall Costello,he's a centre half and he's captain won everything in the air.Noctor did well,Oisin Mannion was very good in midfield.Great attacking left back Dannie something from Donegal.The keeper from Calry made a few nice saves

Cooks car was there but I didnt see him(he might have been in the office)its a pity he didnt see the game because if he did Ross would definatly be in his squad on Sunday

sligoman
27/07/2008, 10:51 PM
Cooks car was there but I didnt see him(he might have been in the office)its a pity he didnt see the game because if he did Ross would definatly be in his squad on SundayCook was in the Treacy stand for the 2nd half.

sligoman
29/07/2008, 8:05 PM
City United 2-4 Rovers A.

Not sure who scored our first but Bellew got the 2nd and Shane Brannigan 3rd and 4th.

RedRebel32
29/07/2008, 8:59 PM
not a bad result city have some tidy players,i would defo bring in nibber to the rovers fold, quality player

roversman
29/07/2008, 10:55 PM
not a bad result city have some tidy players,i would defo bring in nibber to the rovers fold, quality player

was there before had his chance not good enough i supse you want geno back too

deecay
29/07/2008, 11:04 PM
He wasnt a bad player him

RedRebel32
30/07/2008, 10:54 PM

lol no i dont actually, and no nibber is a quality player and much better than most of the A team.better than kelly who came on vs harps imo

srfc19
30/07/2008, 11:02 PM
na,iv seen kelly a good bit...deserves a decent shot,especially if he plays well in A team games.

Rovers fan
30/07/2008, 11:24 PM
na,iv seen kelly a good bit...deserves a decent shot,especially if he plays well in A team games.

It was chris kelly who came on against harps

deecay
31/07/2008, 9:26 PM
McT was training tonight,he scored on Tuesday against City

srfc19
01/08/2008, 4:38 PM
It was chris kelly who came on against harps

was fully aware of that but thanks anyways:D

Rovers fan
01/08/2008, 5:06 PM
was fully aware of that but thanks anyways:D

I presumed you were replying to red rebel 32's post:confused:

deecay
01/08/2008, 5:49 PM
I presumed you were replying to red rebel 32's post:confused:
Im think he was

srfc19
01/08/2008, 9:00 PM
i was,where's the confusion??:confused:

sligoman
09/08/2008, 5:22 PM
Drogheda 5-1 Rovers

D.U.F.C Daire
09/08/2008, 7:58 PM
The Drogs improved their goals-for ratio in this 5-1 win over Sligo in what proved to be a farcical A League game at United Park. With the kick-off scheduled for 2.00pm, there was no sign of the visitors and they did not arrive until 2.40 with only TEN players.

The match kicked off with 11 against 10, but by the time we reached the half hour Sligo were reduced to 8 (yes eight) players through injury. By this stage the Drogs were three up courtesy of a stunning Petre Mc Mahon strike after 9 minutes, a Stephen Nolan strike from a Colm Smith cross and a third from Colm after 28 minutes.

Shortly after the restart Stephen Nolan added the third, and Shaun Williams added the fifth on 81 minutes. The Drogs were embarrassed by the amount of posession that had against the 8 men in the second half and should have added a few more.

The other notable incident in the second half was a Danny McBride shot which was slightly off-target, it sailed into Annaville Crescent and set of the alarm in one of the houses !.

Red&White Rover
09/08/2008, 8:38 PM
To be fair, that is shocking. Why on earth can we only get ten players for a match?

avvenalaf
09/08/2008, 9:12 PM
The Drogs improved their goals-for ratio in this 5-1 win over Sligo in what proved to be a farcical A League game at United Park. With the kick-off scheduled for 2.00pm, there was no sign of the visitors and they did not arrive until 2.40 with only TEN players.

The match kicked off with 11 against 10, but by the time we reached the half hour Sligo were reduced to 8 (yes eight) players through injury. By this stage the Drogs were three up courtesy of a stunning Petre Mc Mahon strike after 9 minutes, a Stephen Nolan strike from a Colm Smith cross and a third from Colm after 28 minutes.

Shortly after the restart Stephen Nolan added the third, and Shaun Williams added the fifth on 81 minutes. The Drogs were embarrassed by the amount of posession that had against the 8 men in the second half and should have added a few more.

The other notable incident in the second half was a Danny McBride shot which was slightly off-target, it sailed into Annaville Crescent and set of the alarm in one of the houses !.

I demand a DNA test on this McBride guy. Must be a son of Gavin's.

deecay
09/08/2008, 9:29 PM
Id say Saturday isnt a great day for travelling that distance.Then again we should be able to field 11 players

clubman
09/08/2008, 10:35 PM

I notice that the third was a joint effort from Colm and Stephen Nolan. By my count the scoreline should have been 4-1. Can we be really sure that we had only ten (yes ten) men as the guy keeping the score obviousily can't count.
Another point of note. Danny McBride and his wonderful strike, did they get the ball back and how can we be certain that this Danny guy wasn't Boco in disguise?

Nah Nah Nah Nah
09/08/2008, 11:00 PM

That is embarrassing beyond belief. Only able to score 5 against 8 men....