PDA

View Full Version : Its on now - MNS

Pages : [1] 2 3

A face
31/03/2008, 7:01 PM
Its on now

Boo_Boy
31/03/2008, 7:03 PM
that Liam Mackey looked like Roy Keane in the short video!

pól-dcfc
31/03/2008, 7:10 PM
Brilliant having Cousins in the studio today.

MNS keeps getting better. Strange to hear about his last season budget being the same as Athlone's.

MojoPin
31/03/2008, 7:11 PM
why is there music being played when game is on?

suppose its obvious really, wasnt meant to be the main game.

Terry
31/03/2008, 7:12 PM
Some athlone players were on over a grand a week!

Boo_Boy
31/03/2008, 7:31 PM
need a laugh?

listen to a corkie:p

passinginterest
31/03/2008, 7:42 PM
Anyone sensing the sexual tension there? Some very rosey cheeks!

celticV3
31/03/2008, 7:42 PM
thought the cobh - cork build up was good but room for improvement. realy is so much better than ELW and great advertisement for the league

MojoPin
31/03/2008, 7:43 PM
build up was very good match high lights were poor no commentary for the first half ha

pól-dcfc
31/03/2008, 7:44 PM
Anyone sensing the sexual tension there? Some very rosey cheeks!

Aye, thats the sort of direction that segment should be taking. Was actually very funny - "What's your favourite position" "You should know" :D

Boo_Boy
31/03/2008, 7:48 PM
Mr. Hutton could not have made that dive look better.

kkontour
31/03/2008, 7:50 PM
Mr. Hutton could not have made that dive look better.

It was like his laces were tied together

Boo_Boy
31/03/2008, 7:54 PM
It was like his laces were tied together

:D

His legs give way through old age?;)

pól-dcfc
31/03/2008, 7:58 PM
Hillarious dive alright. Thiam still was gonna be sent off any way. Deserve a straight red for pushing there anyway. And a yellow for his equally pathetic dive for the peno.

That stamp at the end of the good, the bad and the ugly was disgusting!

deecay
31/03/2008, 7:59 PM
I dont see what other people see in it,the pundits are are very poor.I dont care for any of their opinions,Murphy is the worst presenter on any programme on tele.60 and the bit at the end are very cheesy.All I want to see is the highlights and not these ***** talking ****e

pól-dcfc
31/03/2008, 8:00 PM
Is someone in the MNS editting suite a Derry fan? I think thats the last three programmes we've been on at the very end of the credits.

pól-dcfc
31/03/2008, 8:01 PM
I dont see what other people see in it,the pundits are are very poor.I dont care for any of their opinions,Murphy is the worst presenter on any programme on tele.60 and the bit at the end are very cheesy.All I want to see is the highlights and not these ***** talking ****e

Much better than eLW. Con Murphy is a great presenter. I'd take him over Bill any day of the week. Or Richard Keys for that matter.

deecay
31/03/2008, 8:06 PM
Much better than eLW. Con Murphy is a great presenter. I'd take him over Bill any day of the week. Or Richard Keys for that matter.
Hes very unprofessional,laughs the whole time and talks awful ****e

kkontour
31/03/2008, 8:07 PM
Keeps me entertained and interested for the hour.
Light years ahead of ELW.

Flexy
31/03/2008, 8:08 PM
What time does it appear on the net lads

viagogo
31/03/2008, 8:09 PM
Think its a good show. Like the fact that they havent copied Sky or other programs. Seems that RTE seem to care now or was it pressure from the FAI with the previous TV deal regarding Irish home internationals.

pól-dcfc
31/03/2008, 8:09 PM
Hes very unprofessional,laughs the whole time and talks awful ****e

I prefer an informal show. Linekear et al laugh away on MOTD and Chiles wets himself of MOTD2 aswell.

Murphy is the sort of presenter who you can imagine sitting having a pint with and chatting about the league. Better than some wooden ****** any day of the week.

scottish_bohs
31/03/2008, 8:18 PM
thought the cobh - cork build up was good but room for improvement.

I thought it was excellent. Seemed as though there was a hell of a lot of work and planning gone into it.

Even mentioning elw in the same breath as MNS is a dis-service.

deecay
31/03/2008, 8:22 PM
I see one difference,the time its on at.All I want to see is highlights and not them ***** give their opinions

pól-dcfc
31/03/2008, 8:23 PM
The fair majority of people on here want the analysis too though. Why dont you tape MNS and then cut out the chat bits? Everyone would be happy then sure.

ashbournebohs
31/03/2008, 8:28 PM
I see one difference,the time its on at.All I want to see is highlights and not them ***** give their opinions

Well get yourself down to the hairdressers and stop whinging about it:)

dortie
31/03/2008, 8:28 PM
Is someone in the MNS editting suite a Derry fan? I think thats the last three programmes we've been on at the very end of the credits.

I think 'An Absolute Disgrace', Mr O'Toole has something to do with it alright, are you complaining ? Heard a certain young McCourt from Derry talking with a slight Corkie twang tonight too, whats that all about ??? (He was among the Cork fans)

pól-dcfc
31/03/2008, 8:30 PM
I think 'An Absolute Disgrace', Mr O'Toole has something to do with it alright, are you complaining ? Heard a certain young McCourt from Derry talking with a slight Corkie twang tonight too, whats that all about ??? (He was among the Cork fans)

Ah right. Loured. Our displays look good at the end anyway - nice bit of colour.

John83
31/03/2008, 8:33 PM
Watch them on the internet tomorrow. You can just click on the reports, and ignore the other segments.

Martinho II
31/03/2008, 8:40 PM
question for ye lads!

what team does liam mackey follow?

what tream had the banner in the clips at the end of the programs (something about twenty euros for no goals?

Schumi
31/03/2008, 8:45 PM
what tream had the banner in the clips at the end of the programs (something about twenty euros for no goals?Rovers I assume, complaining about Galway's prices.

scottish_bohs
31/03/2008, 8:48 PM

Someone with over 800 posts on an eircom league message board who doesn't like talk/discussion/opinion on the eircom league?:)

sonofstan
31/03/2008, 8:57 PM
Someone with over 800 posts on an eircom league message board who doesn't like talk/discussion/opinion on the eircom league?:)

Nobody goes on the internet to listen to other people's opinions......

Réiteoir
31/03/2008, 9:05 PM
what tream had the banner in the clips at the end of the programs (something about twenty euros for no goals?

It was an NBB protest banner at Dalymount - "€20 a Score too far"

It's in response to the admission rise to the Jodi stand from €15 to €20

razor
31/03/2008, 9:11 PM
Heard a certain young McCourt from Derry talking with a slight Corkie twang tonight too, whats that all about ??? (He was among the Cork fans)He's our token exile, we bring him to games, I think he's developing quite an accent :D but I was wondering why he got more air time than the City fans.

TonyD
31/03/2008, 9:24 PM

Agreed. I think Con Murphy is RTEs best presenter, and as you say, miles ahead of the likes of Keys (not that that would be difficult - THE most annoying man on TV). Tonight was the first time I've seen MNS properly, and I have to say I was well impressed. If I had one minor gripe, it's that I'd like to see a bit more footie, and a little less chat. An hour programme leaves plenty of time for both. I'd like to see a main commentary match every week, say ten minutes, with the rest of the time spent on brief highlights, anyalysis and features, much as it is at the moment really.

BohsPartisan
31/03/2008, 9:35 PM
They should cut out the annoying repetitive music over match highlights though.

oldyouth
31/03/2008, 10:15 PM
thought the cobh - cork build up was good but room for improvement.
Wrong about the comment that it is the only LOI fixture that you can get there by ferry. Youths V Waterford now included:)

Pablo Escobar
31/03/2008, 10:27 PM
Wrong about the comment that it is the only LOI fixture that you can get there by ferry. Youths V Waterford now included:)

I thought of that too. Passage East or something, isn't it?

deecay
31/03/2008, 10:44 PM
I just hate listening to theirs

Clifford
31/03/2008, 10:59 PM
I really have enjoyed it also the last few weeks. It's relaxed, up to date with TC in tonight and quite a good laugh to be fair. I feel there probably isn't a whole lot more they can do with the highlights before people would start slating them for showing "non chances" or the like. They seem to be getting the goals and major incidents along with a couple of other clips.

Well done RTE, keep it up.

twowheelsonly
31/03/2008, 11:16 PM
I have to agree, I think it's a great show. Still needs a little work and some of the camera work isn't the best all the time. That may in some instances be down to facilities at the grounds however.

I like the way that they have different guests in studio each week. Keeps it fresh and can be interesting hearing different opinions rather than the same old faces with the same old comments.

Well done on having Tony Cousins on as well and fair dues to him for going on. Can't have been too easy for him.

pete
31/03/2008, 11:24 PM
I really enjoyed the feature by Tony O'Donoghue on the Ramblers-City game. Can tell RTE went to a bit of trouble to get all the angles. It gave a good feel for LOI football with good crowd.

paulie_walnuts
31/03/2008, 11:26 PM
I guess one mistake to be pointed out tonight would be in 'Raiders of the lost archives'

Dundalk were not "already relegated" when we cost Shels the league ;)

finnpark
31/03/2008, 11:41 PM
The panel were obviously biased towards Cousins.

I think his sacking was justified.

Magicme
31/03/2008, 11:49 PM
Think its a great show. As someone else said the fact that they have different pundits on each week keeps it fresh but I do miss oogling Mr Osam.

I thought of the Wexford - Waterford game too when they were talking about the Ferry but sure they dont really think of the First Division at RTE....yet!

My son made the point that it was great to have George Hamilton commentating as even bar stoolers would recognise him and it gives a crediblity to the show that they are getting their most famous football voices working on it.

Réiteoir
01/04/2008, 12:44 AM
I just hate listening to theirs

The feeling is more than mutual fella

oldyouth
01/04/2008, 7:58 AM
I thought of that too. Passage East or something, isn't it?
Ballyhack to Passage East. I reckon that's the route I'll take to the away games.

As for Raiders of The Last Archive, did I miss something or do they not highlight the context of the feature (year, competition, significance etc)?

rambler14
01/04/2008, 8:28 AM
The Cork City fans wern't happy after the game.....where they???:D
Jeez the bald fella was like a dog and the woman they interviewed was on the verge of crying. Although she was quite offensive toward Ramblers. By saying that City should be taking three points off us.:eek: (Thats not how local derbies work be it in Cobh, Manchester, Glasgow or Dublin. No one is guaranteed 3 points in a derby...........ever)

CJTheGull
01/04/2008, 8:30 AM

Did you get fired by the sports department RTÉ or something in the last few days? The programme is a great advertisement for the league - no one said it was perfect but as you can see from this thread the vast majority of people like it a lot - it's so easy to be critical of things and slate everything in sight but this is a move in the right direction whether you like it or not so lose the hate.