PDA

View Full Version : AGM

Pages : [1] 2 3

luka
14/02/2008, 8:46 AM
Tue 26th lads.............. and will you all be there to cast your votes? The nominee's are in and we're all aware of who they are by now, but:

Are we aware of what their reasons are for wanting onboard a now successful club?
Will they remain onboard if we don't manage to stay up?
Are they willing to dedicate their time and be there when called upon instead of just turning up at home games to wear the 'Blazer' Power Trip etc etc?
Are any of these candidates simply running for 'Political' reasons?
Should we look at the runners a bit more closely to see exactly why they were nominated and who nominated them before we cast our votes?
Do we need people on the committee who are there for these political reasons?
What can these people offer to the club?
Should potential candidates be requested to make what they consider their 'Values' made know to all members before votes are cast?

Many many questions to answer lads and I would think very carefully where your votes are going to because these are the people that will basically be deciding the Clubs path for the next two years. No point in voting for someone because 'Ah he's alright like' and 'Sure he's a buddy of, and he said he's ok'. I think we reserve the right to know what these people are willing to do and what they can bring to the table and forget all this 'Cloak & Dagger' ****e. Out into the open is what I'd say.

If I think of anymore questos during the day I'll add them..........I really do think we need to look at this closer though and being a member you have that right.

ramsfan
15/02/2008, 12:46 AM
luka you are in danger there as you said yourself the phones will be ringing, the boys will be comin after ya, how dare you have an opinion. and by tomorrow the town will know and you will be in big trouble. ;)

MojoPin
15/02/2008, 12:58 AM
luka you are in danger there as you said yourself the phones will be ringing, the boys will be comin after ya, how dare you have an opinion. and by tomorrow the town will know and you will be in big trouble

what are you WAFFLING about? he gave his opinion you gave a vague statement from an unamed source.

ramsfan
15/02/2008, 1:31 AM
lighten up meant as a bit of a joke:D

6yardpunisha
25/02/2008, 4:19 PM
i presume with the lack of activity that everyone is gone into hiding(along with outside in)before the agm:D

ramsfan
25/02/2008, 4:22 PM
was just thinking the same myself, i say a honda civic with blacked out windows speeding out of cobh on sunday night maybe he is on the run:D

ramsfan
25/02/2008, 4:22 PM
i suppose everyone will be attending tommoro night

ramsfan
25/02/2008, 4:26 PM
when ye got the official letter from club one page had about delayed egm being convened for 26th at 7.30
and agm convened for 8 i presume they are one meeting and what is official kick off

6yardpunisha
25/02/2008, 4:29 PM
when ye got the official letter from club one page had about delayed egm being convened for 26th at 7.30
and agm convened for 8 i presume they are one meeting and what is official kick off

another 2 posts without anyone else posting would have made a new foot.ie record of ignored posts, sorry to have messed it up:D

ramsfan
25/02/2008, 4:30 PM
foiled again

outside in
25/02/2008, 5:17 PM
i presume with the lack of activity that everyone is gone into hiding(along with outside in)before the agm:D
wont be able to attend lads,im in a safe house up north til da witch hunt ends...could be here for some time me thinks:mad:

ramsfan
25/02/2008, 5:26 PM
i say some of the committee with sniffer dogs alright , and there is a couple of strange looking vans been seen around cobh mainly outside posters homes
there on to us lads, if anyone offers you a cup of tea at theagm tomoro be careful as truth serum is tasteless and you could end up the big room sitting under a big light being grilled , they have garda training and have ways to make you talk

bellavistaman
25/02/2008, 6:08 PM
I''l be there for small while anyway.

rambler14
25/02/2008, 7:15 PM
What time does it start?

rambler14
25/02/2008, 7:23 PM
wont be able to attend lads,im in a safe house up north til da witch hunt ends...could be here for some time me thinks:mad:

Barry has been knockin on doors asking about you.
At the moment he's working around the Top of the Hill area. He's putting up posters as he goes too. I don't think he's gonna give up either, he'll be checkin ID tomorrow night aswell i'd say.

Look out!................Barry Walsh coming to a housing estate near you!

6yardpunisha
25/02/2008, 7:35 PM

talk to sam heggy, heard he has loads of houses:D

rambler14
25/02/2008, 7:36 PM

If not him.........Robbie Fowler:D

Sam_Heggy
25/02/2008, 8:25 PM

Nah all let out to drug dealers, prossies and muckers, doubt you'd want one of them after that lot. (especially the muckers) :p

ramsfan
26/02/2008, 3:15 PM
wonder what hendo will have to say tonight, interesting to see if he sees any more players comin in the deadline is only 3 days away

outside in
26/02/2008, 4:00 PM
wonder what hendo will have to say tonight, interesting to see if he sees any more players comin in the deadline is only 3 days away
im more interested in how the witch hunt is going:D

outside in
26/02/2008, 4:05 PM
jokes aside its the time to get all our questions answered no hiding for them tonight.cant see any more players coming in, no mon no fun

luka
26/02/2008, 4:05 PM
im more interested in how the witch hunt is going:D

Oh that's all in hand

rambler14
26/02/2008, 4:10 PM
Starts at 8 i assume

luka
26/02/2008, 4:12 PM
There's confusion over this so be there for 7.30 latest I'd say

6yardpunisha
26/02/2008, 4:43 PM
Oh that's all in hand

tell us more

ramsfan
26/02/2008, 5:30 PM
egm at 7.30 then agm at 8 that is order of business

MojoPin
27/02/2008, 12:12 AM
well its still on im guessing? just back from work no news yet?

bellavistaman
27/02/2008, 1:58 AM
i left at half 11 due to work, like a bloody dog i didnt get to vote, the stint i was there, was the same crap, its stilll very personal IMO.

bellavistaman
27/02/2008, 5:58 AM
also lads, in discussions about the agm/egm, make sure not to name any names or quote people just be cute, we know were being watched, :D

outside in
27/02/2008, 7:24 AM
also lads, in discussions about the agm/egm, make sure not to name any names or quote people just be cute, we know were being watched, :D
wheres da fun in that:D:D

ramblers
27/02/2008, 7:29 AM
Is there any more players coming in before deadline day?

luka
27/02/2008, 7:50 AM
One word chaps.........Farce.

Begrudgers and the 'lets take us back to the Munster League' and 'lets stick together' and 'he said this and he said that' and 'I won't mention any names like' lot. Complete farce.

The Chair and Sec held their ground very well I thought, as did Hendo, and all answered to the best of their knowledge. Lest to say the 'begrudgers' came prepared though and had their plans well thought out. I can honestly say that I don't think I'll ever attend another one. Thw whinging and bitching from the same people makes it rather annoying after the 10th time listening to it.............oh.......and yeah.........they are here and they are reading but do I honestly type like I give a ****.............What annoyed me last night was that the 'Munster Senior League' lot didn't want to give anyone else a chance to voice an opinion and kept interupting speakers from the 'other side' so to speak. Farce

ramsfan
27/02/2008, 9:04 AM
it was a bit of a farce alright, lads the way to look at it IMO. is

negatives

a big chunk of debt

lack of facilities for underage which in reality is the fault of the celtic tiger economic boom rather than anything else

positives

hendo was excellent, a pro with a vision that hopefully the club can match so we dont lose him

the chairman has a plan for premier football which hopefully will come true
this plan may have its faults but if it is successful then happy days if not we probably go bust ,

new vice chairman who looks like he has a pair of balls as he is not afraid to stand up for what he believes in , and should be a solid influence on affairs of the club

overall the agm is over now lets get on with premier football and enjoy at the end of the day the committee is voted in to look after club affairs and ensure all is right we at the end of the day are fans and we should enjoy the football and let them worry about rest and if things get worse then agm next year will show this and then the chairman and his committee can be judged on their success/failure

gee wizz
27/02/2008, 9:25 AM
negatives

lack of facilities for underage which in reality is the fault of the celtic tiger economic boom rather than anything else

how can you say that,did the celtic tiger sell the training ground,fair enough funds were needed but the ramblers commitee should have been cuter when they sold it by making sure that the builders made some other arrangements for facilities to be built somewhere else on the island,lets not be too naive about these things the building contractors can well afford to buy a field out in ballymore or even the field across the road from springers and develop it into a training area?

Claret & Blue
27/02/2008, 9:31 AM
Who are the new people on the Committee?

The Rebel Ram
27/02/2008, 10:43 AM
That was my first AGM, I've been working the past few years and never got to make it. All the rumours are true, same old faces, same old complaints.
It was sickining to think this is a club, my club.
The amount of snyde remarks and personal undercutting was shameful. And it came from both sides of the table. One committee member stated that the best way to affect change was from the inside. I agree that this is the best way to affect change.
Yet there was the same group constantly undermining the committee at every opertunity last night!
This as far as I can see is not just two fingers to the comittee but also two fingers to the members, as they elected in the comittee.
They voiced their opinions saying that they wouldn't run for the comittee because they wouldn't want to take over the mess that is there now!
How do they think they can do anything positive by undermining and side swiping at every opertunity.
I think Hendo made an excellent speach, by bringing in the posters from the dressing room he showed what needs to be done, we need to be unified.
The sooner ALL the members accept the committee of the day and and work with them to the best of their ability instead of trying to cut them down the better. Don't cut them down to your level to overtake them, rise up above them and make it a better club!!!!!!!!!
The club has worrying finincial issues but I don't think they will be detremental with the increased revenue we will make this year. The book keeping was the major issue and this will be sorted.
Congrats also to the excellent work done on getting the main sponsor and the game for the summer.
It is giong to be an excellent year, lets all enjoy it and lets all be one!!!!

gufct
27/02/2008, 11:05 AM

The deadline is close of business at the FAI Today not Friday and dont ask me why its not the end of the month?

6yardpunisha
27/02/2008, 12:50 PM
negatives

how can you say that,did the celtic tiger sell the training ground,fair enough funds were needed but the ramblers commitee should have been cuter when they sold it by making sure that the builders made some other arrangements for facilities to be built somewhere else on the island,lets not be too naive about these things the building contractors can well afford to buy a field out in ballymore or even the field across the road from springers and develop it into a training area?

i think the point he is making is that the celtic tiger drove the price of land through the roof, maybe the committee should have been cuter when they sold Roy Keane and put in a sell on clause, hindsight is a wonderful thing, welcome back by the way GW

Rambler1
27/02/2008, 12:50 PM
That was my first AGM, I've been working the past few years and never got to make it. All the rumours are true, same old faces, same old complaints.
It was sickining to think this is a club, my club.
The amount of snyde remarks and personal undercutting was shameful. And it came from both sides of the table. One committee member stated that the best way to affect change was from the inside. I agree that this is the best way to affect change.
Yet there was the same group constantly undermining the committee at every opertunity last night!
This as far as I can see is not just two fingers to the comittee but also two fingers to the members, as they elected in the comittee.
They voiced their opinions saying that they wouldn't run for the comittee because they wouldn't want to take over the mess that is there now!
How do they think they can do anything positive by undermining and side swiping at every opertunity.
I think Hendo made an excellent speach, by bringing in the posters from the dressing room he showed what needs to be done, we need to be unified.
The sooner ALL the members accept the committee of the day and and work with them to the best of their ability instead of trying to cut them down the better. Don't cut them down to your level to overtake them, rise up above them and make it a better club!!!!!!!!!
The club has worrying finincial issues but I don't think they will be detremental with the increased revenue we will make this year. The book keeping was the major issue and this will be sorted.
Congrats also to the excellent work done on getting the main sponsor and the game for the summer.
It is giong to be an excellent year, lets all enjoy it and lets all be one!!!!Well said Ramsfan. As your name suggests you are a Rams Fan and probably echo what most Rams Fans out there on the Terrace feel including myself.
Didnt make it this year Thank God, but I imagine it was the same as every other year.ie. the people who do the least were shouting the most....

6yardpunisha
27/02/2008, 12:57 PM
Well said Ramsfan. As your name suggests you are a Rams Fan and probably echo what most Rams Fans out there on the Terrace feel including myself.
Didnt make it this year Thank God, but I imagine it was the same as every other year.ie. the people who do the least were shouting the most....

you couldnt be more right, dont want to be accused of ageism but we really need to get young people into the club as members and get them to participate in the running of the club and attending the AGM/EGM'S etc, there were arguments going back 20/30 years still going on and affecting people's decision making.Fresh blood is needed badly at the club both at committee and active membership level

chimpster
27/02/2008, 1:00 PM
Lads, could someone please post up a summary of the outcome of last night? Not interested in any of the the bitchin', heresay and opinions, just want a few facts, e.g. who won the votes? plans for the season? hendo planning new signings? anything else?

I've been to a few AGMs over the years and I'd say there was only about 10 minutes of really useful discussion... :mad:

luka
27/02/2008, 1:04 PM
I doubt you'll see them here. If they'll be online then it'll be on the Official site as which is the right place.

rambler14
27/02/2008, 1:09 PM
Is it still going on?:D

luka
27/02/2008, 1:35 PM
Class :D but no doubt your post will find it's way back

ramsfan
27/02/2008, 2:24 PM
what i meant by the celtic tiger remark was that club was caught napping and the money they had put aside for training ground was small change by the time they got round to doing anything 160 k wont buy a back garden let alone a training pitch with facilities:mad:

gee wizz
27/02/2008, 2:53 PM
what i meant by the celtic tiger remark was that club was caught napping and the money they had put aside for training ground was small change by the time they got round to doing anything 160 k wont buy a back garden let alone a training pitch with facilities:mad:

not a swipe at your post just mentioning that those who sold that land could have been a bit smarter and sold it for a lot more and maybe got something back in return off the builders;)

rambler14
27/02/2008, 4:17 PM
What time did it finish up? I left at half 1 and it was still a bit heated. Also it's great to see that Sunderland are coming to town in July or August.
Not only that it's great to see that Goodyear are back offering €75,000, which is great as it's up from €10,000.

ramsfan
27/02/2008, 4:43 PM
2.15 it rumbled on til and could of gone on longer, at the end no body gave a crap, it was stupid to have the egm before the agm, as people had lost interest by the time it came to voting etc

ramsfan
27/02/2008, 4:47 PM
i wasnt so far off in my post about the pitch being changed for an artificial surface was i , chairman thinks it is a goer, oh ye of little faith lol:D

rambler14
27/02/2008, 4:50 PM
2.15 it rumbled on til and could of gone on longer, at the end no body gave a crap, it was stupid to have the egm before the agm, as people had lost interest by the time it came to voting etc

I would have stayed but the rants were becoming too frequent. The same people had an opinion on everything.
I thought it was hilarious when yer man was told his motion was illegal and he responded with a shrug and said "So!,.................WE STILL HAVE TO VOTE ON IT!"