PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Rumours/Suggestions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

srfc1928
06/01/2010, 12:32 PM
Would rather have 16 fit players and a fitness coach (part time)
than 17 half fit players.

CarrickFan
06/01/2010, 1:00 PM
I hear Jason Noctor is on his way out of Sligo to us, any truth in this?

What's yer thoughts on the lad?
Not a huge fan of him myself but he is a fine athlete that could possibly be moulded. I haven't seen much of him though since he left our youth team 2 years ago.

Really dont like coming on knocking players especially ones that young...and in fairness i've only seen him play a half dozen times or so but if im honest i didnt think much of him...as you say good athlete and maybe will grow into a better player.

MMVIII
06/01/2010, 1:41 PM
He is good no nonsense type player if he signs I would put a bet on him winning Forza Player of the year 2010.

BTW do we have a fitness coach/dietrican this year maybe it was down to the messing with Cook at the beginning of last season but I though our fitness levels were shocking for the first few months of the season.

Horrible attempt at a joke. :rolleyes:

Taught Noctor has the making's of a good player. With the right manager I think he can go on to be a good PD player.

red_away
06/01/2010, 1:44 PM
Has someone got the definitive list of who has signed or is still under contract for the BOR at this minute?

no will be's or might be's etc!

Rovers1
06/01/2010, 1:44 PM
BTW do we have a fitness coach/dietrican this year maybe it was down to the messing with Cook at the beginning of last season but I though our fitness levels were shocking for the first few months of the season.

Bring back Foy!

Rovers1
06/01/2010, 1:46 PM
Has someone got the definitive list of who has signed or is still under contract for the BOR at this minute?

no will be's or might be's etc!

Brush, Keane, Butler, Peers, Ventre, Marshall, Meenan, O'Grady, Turner, Doyle, McCabe,Blinkhorn,Amond.

I think....

prodsc
06/01/2010, 2:43 PM
Didn't know Butler had agreed terms!

Peachey
06/01/2010, 2:59 PM
Alan Keane has re-signed for this season

Terrible news, a First Division player, him and Ventre could drag us into a relegation battle

sligofan4ever
06/01/2010, 4:11 PM
Terrible news, a First Division player, him and Ventre could drag us into a relegation battle

Nice first post :rolleyes: We may have another Inside Man on our hands. Speaking of users I haven't seen in a while, where has Rovers Maniac disappeared too ?

Martinho II
06/01/2010, 4:56 PM
Nice first post :rolleyes: We may have another Inside Man on our hands. Speaking of users I haven't seen in a while, where has Rovers Maniac disappeared too ?

hasnt rovers maniac being banned?

Boo_Boy
06/01/2010, 5:10 PM
hasnt rovers maniac being banned?

Yes, for mentioning Jim I think.....

.....Oh ****.

red bellied
06/01/2010, 5:27 PM

True, imagine if the same pairing played centre half for the whole of last season. Keane will make a good back up player, and Ventre has the making of a star player for MCR or the like.

bingoballs
06/01/2010, 5:46 PM
He is a good honest player, came to us as a right back and ended up playing centre half. He might not be the complete article yet but he has youth on his side and his heart is in the right place. I'm delighted he has re signed anyway.

villarover
06/01/2010, 6:15 PM
Can anyone confirm has Butler agreed terms?

sligofan4ever
06/01/2010, 6:29 PM
Yes, for mentioning Jim I think.....

.....Oh ****.

Ah thats a shame, A.Dolan only got a few days for mentioning Jim. I miss his threads where the first post was just giving out about something :D. He was like Iorfa2MaccaJim only ranting in his threads.

srfc1928
06/01/2010, 6:41 PM
Ah thats a shame, A.Dolan only got a few days for mentioning Jim. I miss his threads where the first post was just giving out about something :D. He was like Iorfa2MaccaJim only ranting in his threads.
ha ha brillaint stuff. That maniac guy was nuts.

sligoman
06/01/2010, 6:53 PM
Can anyone confirm has Butler agreed terms?Yes, he has.

Redkenrover
06/01/2010, 7:44 PM
theres nobody to deal with that at the club, no. i suppose its just down to the manager and players...would be great to have someone but it'd be more money

Team required(Junior or SchoolBoy) as part of NCEF Level 2 Uni of Limerick Project.

For 4-6 fitness coaching sessions involving fitness testing,(and re-testing)speed,agility,Quickness,Plyometrics ect 40 mins approx. All equipment supplied and consultation with coaches will be on going. Training will be non tactical and based on enhanced conditioning performance only.
Available wed eve or weekends only (at teams own grounds)Ideal learning opportunity.

The above was posted last Oct by pixiehead and I saw it advertised in the local papers in Mayo as well. I know it says junior or schoolboy team but would it be possible to investigate this on the next level to deal with a more senior team. Maybe someone could do it as part of their course or something. I like the free of charge bit! :D

red arrow
06/01/2010, 7:58 PM
i'm delighted that kane has resigned. good whole hearted player. this is what we need for next season plenty of good honest ,enthusiastic players who are young and full of running & don,t cost the earth in wages. paul cookes job is to gel them togeather & if he coaches the youngsters properly we can look forward to a decent season. remember our priority is to stay within the budget & survive comfortably for the next few seasons as the economy is goint to take two ggod years to turn around. it's all about survival and if we work hard we will get our rewards

avvenalaf
06/01/2010, 8:19 PM
i'm delighted that kane has resigned. good whole hearted player. this is what we need for next season plenty of good honest ,enthusiastic players who are young and full of running & don,t cost the earth in wages. paul cookes job is to gel them togeather & if he coaches the youngsters properly we can look forward to a decent season. remember our priority is to stay within the budget & survive comfortably for the next few seasons as the economy is goint to take two ggod years to turn around. it's all about survival and if we work hard we will get our rewards

All hands on deck. Sligoman alert !!!!!!!

RoversInn
06/01/2010, 8:36 PM
Cash is gone.

sligofan4ever
06/01/2010, 8:38 PM
Cash is gone.

http://foot.ie/forums/showpost.php?p=1300002&postcount=2126

So we've heard about 2 pages ago.......

RoversInn
06/01/2010, 8:41 PM

Well sorry, I didn't look back, It won't happen again.

sligorover
06/01/2010, 9:27 PM
Think Keane resigning is good news personally. Think he will be more of a squad player this year but should continue to improve as he gains experience and can do a job in either centre or right back.

Deny it all you like Peachey but Keane and Danny were both very important for us last year and deserve the contracts they've earned.

showgies
07/01/2010, 12:21 AM
Cash is gone.

Maybe he is referring to the break-in

LondonRover
07/01/2010, 6:42 AM
Ventre has the making of a star player for MCR or the like.

Classic

villarover
07/01/2010, 10:41 AM
Has ciarian Martyn agreed terms to sign for Derry yet? I heard he was in talks with cook before christmas.

CarrickFan
07/01/2010, 12:21 PM

your only half right..i dont think anyone that went to many matches last season could say Keane signing is TERRIBLE news..he may have made the odd mistake but was excellent in many games also...im delighted he's staying...spot on about Ventre though.

Rovers1
07/01/2010, 12:26 PM
With Keane signing a 2 year deal, to me that says Cook is planning on keeping him a first 11 player. I just hope it's not as a centre half, as he doesn't have the concentration levels for that position. He's a decent defender, but he's too liable to a silly mistake or three in the last ten minutes.

As for Ventre re-signing...

CLASS!

red bellied
07/01/2010, 1:23 PM
Will Bohs be in for Cookie?

dong
07/01/2010, 2:29 PM

Already are as far as I've heard up here. They have been speaking to him I'm told.

avvenalaf
07/01/2010, 2:30 PM

No - and if they are, he won't go there.

CF1989
07/01/2010, 2:32 PM
would F up out pre season again. he's 3rd favourite behind Doolin and Richardson. 6/1 to get the job. Sligoman's already gone big on him

akearins
07/01/2010, 2:37 PM
Here we go again any job that appears in the league we start a rumour Cookie is leaving!!!! I think Doolin will get the job as an ex player 81-85 & 96-98 and has done well at any club he has managed winning the League, Setanta(2) and FAI cup with Drogheda. As a player he' won 4 leagues 6 cups and the League Cup. He is avialable and wouldnt cost anything where as Cookie is under contract. Also Liam O'Brien would be a contender not to mention all the out of work managers accross the pond.So we'll keep Cookie where he is and leave it at that

MMVIII
07/01/2010, 3:41 PM
Delighted about Butler signing a deal.

Well Red
07/01/2010, 4:02 PM
Here we go again any job that appears in the league we start a rumour Cookie is leaving!!!! I think Doolin will get the job as an ex player 81-85 & 96-98 and has done well at any club he has managed winning the League, Setanta(2) and FAI cup with Drogheda. As a player he' won 4 leagues 6 cups and the League Cup. He is avialable and wouldnt cost anything where as Cookie is under contract. Also Liam O'Brien would be a contender not to mention all the out of work managers accross the pond.So we'll keep Cookie where he is and leave it at that

I think you have it spot on in you post, I am great believer in not worrying about things that will never happen.

Only1Rovers
07/01/2010, 5:57 PM
Here we go again any job that appears in the league we start a rumour Cookie is leaving!!!!

His name was associated with the Bohs job in this morning's media.

Peachey
07/01/2010, 6:32 PM
What a job, the league title is almost a given with that squad that is in Dalyer, and a much easier commute to Liverpool, if Cooke is offered that job he will be thrilled

sligofan4ever
07/01/2010, 6:49 PM
What a job, the league title is almost a given with that squad that is in Dalyer, and a much easier commute to Liverpool, if Cooke is offered that job he will be thrilled

He would've taken the Shamrock Rovers job by now if that was the case so :rolleyes: and besides, can Bohs even make their signings official yet with this transfer embargo ?

Brian Boru
07/01/2010, 7:00 PM
I'd be optimistic that Cook wouldn't leave us for Bohs. What about a move to get Raf back ?

srfc1928
07/01/2010, 7:12 PM
Not really, cant get much handier than Knock to Liverpool;)

srfc1928
07/01/2010, 7:15 PM
I'd be optimistic that Cook wouldn't leave us for Bohs. What about a move to get Raf back ?
Agree with the first bit, as for Raf hes made his bed so lets leave him to it and wish him luck, I think he might need it.

Peachey
08/01/2010, 9:02 AM
Not really, cant get much handier than Knock to Liverpool;)

So you're telling me it is handier to do a 45 minute drive and fly an extra 130 miles for a limited service, than to be based in Dublin, that's real wesht of Ireland bias

Boo_Boy
08/01/2010, 10:47 AM
http://www.northwichguardian.co.uk/sport/witton/wittonnews/4839636.Doherty_ends_wait_to_join_Witton/

Good to see he is still playing.

Jaysus, the UniBond League Division One :eek:.

Redie
08/01/2010, 11:07 AM
This is From Rovers Web Site.......

Wednesday, 06 January 2010 21:25
Sligo Rovers can confirm, as of 6 January, that 10 players have committed to the club for the 2010 season.

The following players have re-signed from last season's squad:

Richard Brush, Alan Keane, Danny Ventre, Gavin Peers, Eoin Doyle, Conor O'Grady and Matthew Blinkhorn.

Chris Turner has joined from Dundalk, Padraig Amond has signed from Shamrock Rovers and Gary McCabe leaves Bray Wanderers for The Showgrounds.

The club is still in talks with other members of the 2009 squad with a view to joining for the new campaign.

Meanwhile, Raffaele Cretaro has agreed terms with Bohemians, Brian Cash has signed for St Patrick's Athletic and Rob Turner has joined Welsh side Rhyl.

The club would like to wish the players success with their new clubs.

hodgie
08/01/2010, 11:12 AM
your only half right..i dont think anyone that went to many matches last season could say Keane signing is TERRIBLE news..he may have made the odd mistake but was excellent in many games also...im delighted he's staying...spot on about Ventre though.

2 great signing, especially danny.. I don't know what kind of standard of footie goin on up in carrick, but these guys are well worth a contract imo.

CarrickFan
08/01/2010, 11:56 AM
2 great signing, especially danny.. I don't know what kind of standard of footie goin on up in carrick, but these guys are well worth a contract imo.

Keane is a great signing as i said....Danny and "standard of football" in the same sentence is a bit of an oxymoron:):)

Rovers1
08/01/2010, 4:20 PM
Heard Faz is close to a return.

One of my neighbours, who's not really a big Rovers fan said he saw him in Mullen's at the petrol pump with a lad who used to play for Rovers. He couldn't tell me who the other lad was, he just recognised Faz.

CF1989
08/01/2010, 4:23 PM
great signing if it happens. don't think anyone can doubt hs footballing ability

CarrickFan
08/01/2010, 4:27 PM
Heard Faz is close to a return.

That would be fantastic.