PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or do RTE have someting against the Rams

The Rebel Ram
04/11/2007, 9:41 PM
Why do they never give a result that is good for Rams?
When we first went ahead in the league in the summer it took Errortell 3 days to update the table, when we got knocked off the top it took them 2 minutes to update it!!!!!:mad
All they were talking about last Friday night before the game was how Rams spoilt the party for Harps by beating Shels the previous week!
Then I was getting really excited watching the 9 o'clock news waiting just to hear the result, to confirm I wasn't dreaming, but no, we heard and saw about the London Marathon!
I wonder if we'll get a mention if we win the league?????

Sam_Heggy
04/11/2007, 10:08 PM
RTE cameramen were saying in FP on fri night that they are planning showing the Cobh - Athlone game next fri. Cobh were to be asked yesterday.

Battery Rover
04/11/2007, 10:22 PM
RTE cameramen were saying in FP on fri night that they are planning showing the Cobh - Athlone game next fri. Cobh were to be asked yesterday.

But it cant be changed as all games have to kick off at the same time on the last day. Might be shown Saturday evening you never know

Comic Book Guy
05/11/2007, 7:51 AM
Doubt it very much if they would show Athlone/Ramblers on Saturday night, after all nothing must get in the way of this country's fixation with the premiership:rolleyes:

A face
05/11/2007, 9:15 AM
Doubt it very much if they would show Athlone/Ramblers on Saturday night, after all nothing must get in the way of this country's fixation with the premiership:rolleyes:

Its only a fixation because its imposed on the country.

dcfcsteve
05/11/2007, 10:28 AM
I doubt half of RTE have even heard of Cobh Ramblers in all honesty, let alone give a feck about trying to screw you over, so I wouldn't be getting all paranoid over it.

I doubt there was anything about last night's match for the simple fact that any games not on a Friday seem to catch RTE out - especially in the First Division.

Bluebeard
05/11/2007, 11:13 AM
I doubt half of RTE have even heard of Cobh Ramblers in all honesty, let alone give a feck about trying to screw you over, so I wouldn't be getting all paranoid over it.
I'd be inclined to say that I doubt many people in RTÉ have heard of Cobh, much less the Rams, and that places like Dungarvan, Enniscorthy, Arklow, etc, in fact any town that does not have a county named after it would be unheard of in Montrose.

Postman
05/11/2007, 11:51 AM

I doubt there was anything about last night's match for the simple fact that any games not on a Friday seem to catch RTE out - especially in the First Division.

Cobh have produced a lot more internationals than Derry in recent years so can't see why they'd be unknowns in RTE.

BohDiddley
05/11/2007, 11:56 AM
I'd be inclined to say that I doubt many people in RTÉ have heard of Cobh, much less the Rams, and that places like Dungarvan, Enniscorthy, Arklow, etc, in fact any town that does not have a county named after it would be unheard of in Montrose.

You're kidding! The place is full of culchies! :D

michaelguineys
05/11/2007, 12:25 PM
I think RTEngland have a thing against our league in general!

Mr A
05/11/2007, 12:27 PM
Why do Ramblers refer to themselves as Rams anyway. Ramblers is in itself pretty unique and way better than Rams.

Come to think of it, this almost certainly merits a points deduction.

Mr_T
05/11/2007, 12:38 PM

Anybody know if this RTE/FAI have been onto Cobh yet? RTE people were definately saying they'd be showing Div 1 again this weekend, which would have to see both Harps and Cobh's game switched to Friday, so obviously it'd be nice to know ASAP!!! :eek:

Battery Rover
05/11/2007, 12:45 PM
Anybody know if this RTE/FAI have been onto Cobh yet? RTE people were definately saying they'd be showing Div 1 again this weekend, which would have to see both Harps and Cobh's game switched to Friday, so obviously it'd be nice to know ASAP!!! :eek:

They better not switch it to Friday as we have a fundraiser on that night with about 150 tickets sold already at €50 a pop

harps1954
05/11/2007, 1:14 PM
I wonder if we'll get a mention if we win the league?????

I think you would have, but youse didn't seem to want that!!

dcfcsteve
05/11/2007, 1:15 PM
Cobh have produced a lot more internationals than Derry in recent years so can't see why they'd be unknowns in RTE.

" A lot more internationals". Really ?!? Like who - Roy Keane ??? And who have Derry produced internationals-wise in tbhe same peiod ?

Keane was at Cobh for one season 20 years ago. I doubt half the people in RTE know Keane was ever at Forest, let alone Ramblers......

dcfcsteve
05/11/2007, 1:25 PM
They better not switch it to Friday as we have a fundraiser on that night with about 150 tickets sold already at €50 a pop

Don't all the games need to kick off at the same time on the final day ? Isn't that standard practice ?

Mr A
05/11/2007, 1:36 PM
All premier games on the Friday, all D1 games on the Saturday- unless the two top D1 games are moved for TV coverage.

bellavistaman
05/11/2007, 1:38 PM

The asked rams would we change it to friday for RTE but rams rejected it, dont want the same thing happening us as harps. I guarantee if there was no RTE cameras there friday we'd be reading on text harps 3 or 4 athlone 0.

" A lot more internationals". Really ?!? Like who - Roy Keane ??? And who have Derry produced internationals-wise in tbhe same peiod ?

Keane was at Cobh for one season 20 years ago. I doubt half the people in RTE know Keane was ever at Forest, let alone Ramblers......

Roy Keane, Stephen Ireland, Stephen O'Halloran, how about ye?

dcfcsteve
05/11/2007, 1:44 PM
Roy Keane, Stephen Ireland, Stephen O'Halloran,

Keane I covered.

Ireland never played senior football for Cobh, and I'll guarantee you the overwhelming majority of people had no idea or don't care that he was a junior at Cobh. Every player has played junior somewhere - people only really care about their senior clubs.

O'Halloran was born in Cobh, never played senior there, and I don't even knwo if he played junior for the club. Reagdless - same as for Ireland.

how about ye?

You or postman can tell me, if you think you've had a lot more internationals than us.... :p

Dodge
05/11/2007, 1:48 PM
In fairness steve, the original jibe was about the town of Cobh, and they have produced these players.

bellavistaman
05/11/2007, 1:52 PM
In fairness steve, the original jibe was about the town of Cobh, and they have produced these players.

Correct, and i wasnt being smart i just asked you how many do ye have?

harps1954
05/11/2007, 1:54 PM
The asked rams would we change it to friday for RTE but rams rejected it, dont want the same thing happening us as harps. I guarantee if there was no RTE cameras there friday we'd be reading on text harps 3 or 4 athlone 0.

So on one hand you are wondering if RTE know anything about Cobh and question the coverage they gave you, while on the other hand when RTE want to show you possibly winning your first ever senior title you tell them to **** off.

I'm afraid, you can't have it every way.

Mr A
05/11/2007, 1:55 PM

Roy Keane, Stephen Ireland, Stephen O'Halloran, how about ye?

I'm sure we'll be hearing no more complaints about lack of RTE coverage from Cobh then, seeing as they turned down the chance to be on TV...

Battery Rover
05/11/2007, 1:56 PM
So on one hand you are wondering if RTE know anything about Cobh and question the coverage they gave you, while on the other hand when RTE want to show you possibly winning your first ever senior title you tell them to **** off.

I will have full coverage of the match on DVD. Price depends on the result:D

dcfcsteve
05/11/2007, 2:00 PM

In fairness - the original comment was about Cobh Ramblers and came from me.

The 'jibe', about Cobh (if it was one) came afterwards from Bluebeard.

Anyways - just like Ramlers, City have had one senior player become a senior international in the 22 years since we both joined the League. In our case, Liam Coyle for the North.

Coincidentally - Coyle's debut for City saw him score a hat-trick against Cobh, and his international debut was in the year that Keane first started playing for Ramblers (1989).

MyTown
05/11/2007, 2:07 PM
RTE has taken loads of stick on this thread. For me it's not merited. The errortel thread is a great laugh and a great record of how often they get it wrong, but, in fairness, they get it right loads of the time.

Examples:

*EL column on Aertel
*Opportunity for young supporters to cover an EL game and post it to the RTE website.
*Parity of esteem for the El on Aertels Soccer pages
*Friday night football & Brian de Salvo (the only decent competition for Newstalk there is - and that's only for one night of the week, during the season)

For years they did a good highlights package on a Sunday night and now thanks to TG4 (supposedly independent of RTE, but do you really believe that?) as well as RTE 2 TV, they provide fairly decent coverage of live football. I'm hearing all sorts of rumours about what Setanta might be planning, but I think the criticism of RTEs coverage is OTT. They have a public service remit & they fulfil it very well IMO & No I'm not emplyed by them.

I'd like to see Tony O'Donoghue wield less power and influence and see someone other than Roddy Collins & Pat Morley in their roles, but hey, you can't have everything.

bellavistaman
05/11/2007, 4:12 PM

I didnt complain about no rams coverage BTW, i complained before that the harps cobh match wasnt on, because it such a big match, tbf, any other rams match bar dundalk shouldnt be on ahead of premier games, as for next year........:)

I'm sure we'll be hearing no more complaints about lack of RTE coverage from Cobh then, seeing as they turned down the chance to be on TV...
Possibly, even though if were promoted or ye, we'll have no reason to complain because we'll be on EL weekly, weekly unles they leave us out, which wouldnt be too much of a surprise.

I will have full coverage of the match on DVD. Price depends on the result:D
Fair play was going to suggest it to ya actually, seriously charge money for your services, you will have alot of people come your way, nice little earnmer for ya, say it to one of our supporters club to sort it.

In fairness - the original comment was about Cobh Ramblers and came from me.

The 'jibe', about Cobh (if it was one) came afterwards from Bluebeard.

Anyways - just like Ramlers, City have had one senior player become a senior international in the 22 years since we both joined the League. In our case, Liam Coyle for the North.

Coincidentally - Coyle's debut for City saw him score a hat-trick against Cobh, and his international debut was in the year that Keane first started playing for Ramblers (1989).

Nice..

depor
07/11/2007, 12:42 AM
Why do Ramblers refer to themselves as Rams anyway. Ramblers is in itself pretty unique and way better than Rams.

Come to think of it, this almost certainly merits a points deduction.

ya it is pretty unique when ya think about it. rams is just a convenient abbreviation. sure derby county are called the rams.

depor
07/11/2007, 12:46 AM

stephen ireland is from cobh, one of the most skilfull players this country has produced. and not to forget halloran for villa who is one the best players for ireland u21s, judging from the games i saw anyway.

our town did produce these players (obviously roy only played for cobh, but still), i dont know why you would want to say otherwise??? derry are a big club, do u really need to diminish these players connection with cobh and our club to make urself feel beeter about your mid-taable finish.

Lim till i die
07/11/2007, 9:30 AM
Wah, wah, whinge, wah, no one likes us, wah, cork paranoia, wah, wah, whinge, wah, cry

Sweet Jesus

Is there even a gantry in Colmans if RTE did want to film your games????? :rolleyes:

Mr A
07/11/2007, 9:34 AM
I reckon that in light of Cobh's refusal to appear on TV the thread title should be changed to "Do Rams have something against RTE?" :)

Jerry The Saint
07/11/2007, 9:53 AM
Wah, wah, whinge, wah, no one likes us, wah, cork paranoia, wah, wah, whinge, wah, cry

Sweet Jesus

Is there even a gantry in Colmans if RTE did want to film your games????? :rolleyes:

http://www.newstalk106.ie/newstalk/off-the-ball/downloads/ricoroyremix.mp3

:)

The Rebel Ram
07/11/2007, 9:59 AM
http://www.newstalk106.ie/newstalk/off-the-ball/downloads/ricoroyremix.mp3

:)

I'll have to get it re-mixed with my own voice on it!!!:D

Cici900
07/11/2007, 3:54 PM
Were better off not havin rte cameras there as we would only do wjat harps did. I can understand why we didnt accept it and given the same offer i wouldnt have accepted it either.

Cici900
07/11/2007, 3:57 PM

Sweet Jesus

Is there a gantry in jackman park???:p

CollegeTillIDie
07/11/2007, 6:14 PM
Ramblers ye can get covered by Chorus(the artists formerly known as Multichannel) .... :D

Lim till i die
07/11/2007, 6:18 PM

Yes........

Comic Book Guy
07/11/2007, 9:22 PM

There sure is, in fact there are loads, it's located in the railway station or is it the tenements overlooking the ground??

sadloserkid
07/11/2007, 9:30 PM
There sure is, in fact there are loads, it's located in the railway station or is it the tenements overlooking the ground??

Tenements? :rolleyes: I suppose something so Dickension is to be expected from a Queenstowner... :)

PS) I thought there was a gantry in St.Coleman's no?

sligored
07/11/2007, 9:59 PM
is darren gibson not from derry