PDA

View Full Version : Delaney Out!

Pages : [1] 2 3

pineapple stu
18/10/2007, 7:28 PM
Lots of people talking about supporting people who bring banners to Cardiff.

Why not be someone who brings a banner to Cardiff? (Or alternatively, a t-shirt - see my sig. No profit to me, in case that needed saying; it's an independent website)

If you don't want to do it the traditional, paint and sheet, way, try -

www.BarmyFlags.co.uk
www.AstroFlag.com
Golden Pages search of local businesses (http://www.goldenpages.ie/search.ds?encodedRefinement=heading..%3d..%5e%22Fl ags+%26+Banners%22%24..%26..Flags+%26+Banners&stageName=&what=flags&where=Ireland&startingPageNumber=1&originalOffset=1&expandWWWSearch=false&myplaces=false&distance=50&searchType=www&activeSort=yprandom2&phoneNumberSearch=false&alphaRefineable=AN12%7CBN2%7CCN3%7CDN4%7CEN0%7CFN4 %7CGN0%7CHN0%7CIN1%7CJN1%7CKN0%7CLN0%7CMN4%7CNN0%7 CON4%7CPN29%7CQN0%7CRN0%7CSN7%7CTN2%7CUN4%7CVN1%7C WN0%7CXN0%7CYN0%7CZN0%7C%5B0-9%5DN0&excludeZone=false&restoSearch=false&firstMaxRank=0&residential=false&previousPath=search)

Going to start a roll call of flags for Cardiff - post if you have one (not if you reckon it'd be a good idea, or if you support those who are doing something...)

Delaney Out Flags -

MariborKev
18/10/2007, 7:53 PM
Lads,

No home game, therefore no FAI security on "Banner patrol"

Anyone want to start the contribution for getting a "proper banner" made up, as it will convey a serious message.

I'll throw in €20 to start the ball rolling.

John83
18/10/2007, 7:54 PM
Oh, count me in for a tenner.

pineapple stu
18/10/2007, 7:55 PM
Like the foot.ie banner?

I'll match that E20. Could be a better idea, actually - could afford a few banners maybe.

Who's going to organise though?

MariborKev
18/10/2007, 7:58 PM
Exactly like the foot.ie one.

As you well know, the FAI continue to ride roughshod over the fans due to the fact that we aren't organised.

This is an opportunity for an organised display, and a very noticeable one at that.

John2626
18/10/2007, 7:59 PM
Lads,

Won't be making the trip to Cardiff but I fully support anyone who brings a banner to the game. Absolute disgrace about the Banners being taken off people at the Cyprus game. Stewards said it was a direct order from the FAI head of security! FAI not recogonise freedom of speech or expression???

FAI: FASCISM ASSOCIATION OF IRELAND

Best of luck lads!

pineapple stu
18/10/2007, 8:01 PM
Don't post to support us! Get a banner or help with this one (these ones?)

paul_oshea
18/10/2007, 8:09 PM
stu, ill throw 20 euro*, card was stolen would offer more otherwise.

I know i missed out on the foot.ie flag but I will definitely make this contribution.

OneRedArmy
18/10/2007, 8:15 PM
The action of the heavies last night (the same heavies who took a Delaney Out banner off me earlier in the campaign) annoyed me even more than the result. Make no mistake, the orders to supress any protest are coming straight from the top (I was told this by one of the heavies) and the speed at which they moved in show how worried they are about it.

Delaney's pathetic attempt to absolve himself of blame for appointing Stan on tonights 6 o'clock news adds insult to injury.

Surprised the allegations of Delaney's and Staunton's close links have stayed out of the press.........

Ireland4ever
18/10/2007, 10:29 PM
Im heading over to Cardiff lads, i'd be on for bringing a banner to show our disgust at the current set-up.

Sligo Hornet
19/10/2007, 8:38 AM
You can put me down for 20 Eu Stu. I don't know yet if I will be making it to Cardiff ...still too "under-enthusiastic" ( I'm sure nearer the time this may change ;))

You could also try this lot: www.aaflags.co.uk as they did me a great, bespoke tricolour, much cheaper than Barmy, and really quick delivery.

CharlesThompson
19/10/2007, 8:48 AM
What can be done about this man? I think it's about time that a concerted effort by supporters of all clubs in Ireland should be made between now and the end of the season to have this man removed.

There will be a lot of games screened on RTE2 coming to the end of the season including cup matches and important league ties which will have viewing figures in multiples of what TG4 or Setanta have been getting. Everything possible should be used to get the message to this low life that we do not want him.

His performance on the 6 One news last evening was hard to fathom. Accepting absolutely none of the blame for the appointment. Never once backed 'His' man despite ample opportunities given by Tony O'Donoghue. He is a slieveen of the highest (lowest) order.

Time to get this snake out of office.

inchicore_saint
19/10/2007, 9:03 AM
My Delany Out banner which I had in Croke Park will be at the Pats vs Rovers match tonight ;)

citizenerased
19/10/2007, 9:21 AM
ill throw in a few quid , looks like delaney is tryng to save his own ass at the minute

back of the net
19/10/2007, 9:21 AM
What can be done about this man? I think it's about time that a concerted effort by supporters of all clubs in Ireland should be made between now and the end of the season to have this man removed.

There will be a lot of games screened on RTE2 coming to the end of the season including cup matches and important league ties which will have viewing figures in multiples of what TG4 or Setanta have been getting. Everything possible should be used to get the message to this low life that we do not want him.

His performance on the 6 One news last evening was hard to fathom. Accepting absolutely none of the blame for the appointment. Never once backed 'His' man despite ample opportunities given by Tony O'Donoghue. He is a slieveen of the highest (lowest) order.

Time to get this snake out of office.

ah what a rat - i cringed when i saw the interview - he just left stan hang out to dry- he is a coward - he is bloody liar

inchicore_saint - i saw ur banner at the game - u got my vote

if only we had got all 57000 at the game chanting "stand up if u want delaney out"

stan is just guilty of being a bad football manager

delaney is guilty of crimes against irish football and irish fans

Irish football fans - we need to organise a mass protest outside the FAI to have this wart removed

talk is cheap - time for action

Tir Oilean
19/10/2007, 9:39 AM
I doubt that the camera men/women would focus in on any banners tbh. But you never know seen as it is so high profile at the moment.

Aldini98
19/10/2007, 9:39 AM
My Delany Out banner which I had in Croke Park will be at the Pats vs Rovers match tonight ;)

Were you the guy that got kicked out ?

Fair play to you though mate, Delaney is a snake.

inchicore_saint
19/10/2007, 9:49 AM
We didnt get kicked out the banner was taken off us till the end of the match.

Schlooooomp
19/10/2007, 9:52 AM
I will contribute E20 to this cause. It was disgusting to see the performance by Delaney on the news last night. I'm actually surprised that he managed to give an interview at all, what with the rate at which he is currently backtracking. We can't expect Staunton to take responsibility for his actions when it is clear his boss has no intention of doing the same.

Staunton is a symptom, Delaney is the disease.

back of the net
19/10/2007, 9:57 AM

keep up the good work mate (-:

citizenerased
19/10/2007, 10:14 AM
even if stan does go over the next which he presumably will, we still must be relentless with the delaney out campaign

BradyIsMyHero
19/10/2007, 10:22 AM
Should Delaney change his name to Pontius Pilate ?

Welease Woger

onenilgameover
19/10/2007, 10:24 AM
youtube vid of booing after steward took Delaney Out Banner off lads behind us in the Davin Stand. The pic was on the back of the Herald yesterday...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTIBPQ4ArCw

pic below

inchicore_saint
19/10/2007, 10:27 AM
Yeah thats us .

eirebhoy
19/10/2007, 10:59 AM
Here's an email replying Gerry McDermott replying to a fan after the Germany game.

Sent: 17 October 2007 12:20
To: Brian
Subject: Current Management Set-up

Brian,

Thank you for your recent to email to John Delaney. He has asked me to reply on his behalf.

We appreciate you taking the time and effort to express your thoughts personally and I would like to make a few points that might clarify where the FAI stand in relation to the senior international team.

First of all, contrary to what you might read or hear elsewhere, the decision on the future of any of our international team managers is not solely the remit of John Delaney. It would be a decision for the ten members of the FAI Board of which he, as chief executive, is an ex-officio member. In relation to the appointment of a manager to the senior international team in 2006 John Delaney was part of a three man sub-committee selected by the board to make recommendations but the ultimate decision on the appointment was taken by the ten board members.

In January 2006, the FAI didn't just appoint a manager to the senior international team, we appointed a management team consisting of Stephen Staunton, Bobby Robson, Kevin MacDonald and Alan Kelly.

Each of those individuals brought different talents and expertise to the job. Stephen Staunton brought the experience of playing over 600 clubs games as well as representing his country on 102 occasions and being the only Irish player to have played in three World Cup Final tournaments. Bobby Robson, having managed England, Barcelona, Newcastle, PSV Eindhoven, Porto, Ipswich Town and Fulham over a 35 year period, supplied top level management experience. Kevin MacDonald holds the UEFA pro-licence which is football's top coaching qualification and is part of the management and coaching team at English Premier League club Aston Villa while Alan Kelly is a former Ireland international goalkeeper who was brought in to work with the team's goalkeepers.

At the time it was clearly stated that this would be a four-year programme with the long term objective being the assembling of a squad capable of qualifying for the 2010 World Cup.

As the Euro 2008 qualification campaign draws to a close, the association genuinely feels that progress is being made. The spirit within the squad is now akin to that found at club level and Stephen Staunton has left no stone unturned in trying to unearth players for the team he is building. Since becoming manager he has used 48 players, of which 24 were new caps. In addition, and this is perhaps the most important point, he has given 15 players their competitive debut during the current qualifying campaign and used 32 players in total.

Because we work off a small pool of talent, we can ill-afford to do without key players at any level and it is fair to say that our campaign has been blighted by the loss through injury, at different times, of high calibre players like Stephen Reid, Shay Given, Damien Duff and Steve Finnan. It also hasn't helped that Bobby Robson has found himself battling against cancer for most of the past 18 months and this has curtailed his presence at games.

We recently took steps to tackle the strength in depth issue by producing a High Performance Strategy that will back up our successful Emerging Talent Programme which was launched last year. The High Performance Strategy includes the appointment of a High Performance Director to work with the under-age international managers and players and also oversee the National Academy which will be located at Abbotstown. In addition we have introduced strategies such as the Interculturalism Programme in order to increase participation and integrate people from different cultures into Irish football.

The Football Association of Ireland has made a lot of progress on many fronts over the past three years and is attempting to lay solid foundations that will sustain the game, and the senior international team, into the future.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to express your feelings and I hope that we will all have plenty to cheer about in the months and years ahead.

Regards

Gerry McDermott
Communications Manager
Football Association of Ireland

I really still can't believe McDermott is the press officer for John Delaney. I just wish Kerr was allowed speak out.

paul_oshea
19/10/2007, 11:11 AM
I really still can't believe McDermott is the press officer for John Delaney. I just wish Kerr was allowed speak out.

Sorry I dont follow EB?! whats the story here?

NeilMcD
19/10/2007, 11:17 AM
Kerr is speaking out in his Irish times column

eirebhoy
19/10/2007, 11:31 AM
Sorry I dont follow EB?! whats the story here?
The Independent had a vendetta against Kerr. McDermott was the main man for the Indo. I mentioned it a few times but McDermott was on a Setanta talk show fuming because he was told a press conference had been cancelled when it actually went ahead. Kerr must have been getting his own back.

It wasn't until McDermott was appointed "Communications Manager" for the FAI last year that I realised it must have been Delaney behind this Indo campaign against Kerr.

I think Kerr has a deal with the FAI that he won't speak publicly about what went on behind the scenes but I could be wrong.

inchicore_saint
19/10/2007, 12:37 PM
I work in a printers and have done a few banners to bring to St Pats games (dont tell my boss).What size banner do people want to bring to Cardiff cause I might be able to get one done on the sly.

Mayo_Bhoy
19/10/2007, 1:30 PM
Instead of paying good money to get banners made up, which in fairness to the foot.ie flag and those that organised it, i have never even noticed it at a match, why not go the old fashioned route and use sheets or something similar with 'Delaney Out' or whatever message you want in big lettering on it. A load of these hung over the edge of the top tier in the Millenium Stadium or wherever will get the point accross much better than spending money getting samll banners made up which no one (esp the TV cameras) will not see. Anyway just my tuppence worth.

citizenerased
19/10/2007, 1:57 PM
what was kerr sayin

Mayo_Bhoy
19/10/2007, 2:01 PM
How come my above post was deleted?? It wasnt spam, didnt offend anyone and was relevant to this thread.

citizenerased
19/10/2007, 2:04 PM
the mods rule here with an iron fist i tell thee

Mayo_Bhoy
19/10/2007, 2:09 PM

Fair enough they have a job to do, but an explanatrion would be nice because i'm lost:confused:

paul_oshea
19/10/2007, 2:09 PM
The Independent had a vendetta against Kerr. McDermott was the main man for the Indo. I mentioned it a few times but McDermott was on a Setanta talk show fuming because he was told a press conference had been cancelled when it actually went ahead. Kerr must have been getting his own back.

It wasn't until McDermott was appointed "Communications Manager" for the FAI last year that I realised it must have been Delaney behind this Indo campaign against Kerr.

I think Kerr has a deal with the FAI that he won't speak publicly about what went on behind the scenes but I could be wrong.

I was aware of the last sentence but not the rest fair play EB.

cause I might be able to get one done on the sly.

Good man IS, ye gotta love the irish. A banner saying Delaney Out in big capital letters obviously!!!

eirebhoy
19/10/2007, 2:15 PM
How come my above post was deleted?? It wasnt spam, didnt offend anyone and was relevant to this thread.
I thought it was obvious. Your post was deleted because you had quoted and replied to a post that was deleted. Nothing against you. :)

Mayo_Bhoy
19/10/2007, 2:26 PM
I thought it was obvious. Your post was deleted because you had quoted and replied to a post that was deleted. Nothing against you. :)
It's obvious now. I'm a bit slow today.:o:o

Ireland4ever
19/10/2007, 3:52 PM

Just ask Billybunter...wherever he is.

AidoM
19/10/2007, 6:46 PM
Instead of paying good money to get banners made up, which in fairness to the foot.ie flag and those that organised it, i have never even noticed it at a match.................

Have you been looking out for it :confused: :mad:.

I've posted here about where it "hangs" in Croker. It's been hung very prominently at the 3 away matches in San Marino, Slovakia and Prague. As you will be no doubt aware they are hung at matches more for the benefit of the TV cameras than to be visible to the fans and are usually hung behind the goals.

It has also been on display in the Squares in Bratislava and Prague at the meet ups before those games. If you had come to the meet ups :o you could have had real close up views of it

paul_oshea
19/10/2007, 6:58 PM
ive seen it aidom!!! :) :D

Sligo Hornet
19/10/2007, 7:27 PM
Have you been looking out for it :mad:.

I've posted here about where it "hangs" in Croker. It's been hung very prominently at the 3 away matches in San Marino, Slovakia and Prague. As you will be no doubt aware they are hung at matches more for the benefit of the TV cameras than to be visible to the fans and are usually hung behind the goals.

It has also been on display in the Squares in Bratislava and Prague at the meet ups before those games. If you had come to the meet ups :o you could have had real close up views of it

I couldn't make Wednesday's game so had to watch on TV, but THE FLAG was clearly visible in a prominent position behind the goal!

I also saw it close up in San Marino, Bratislava (in the rain! ) and in Prague....well done Aido!:)

onceahoop
19/10/2007, 10:11 PM
If we want to go the banner route count me in for €20 or whatever the going rate is. Sickening performance on the 6 o.c news yesterday.

Think it needs to be more than Delaney out though.

pineapple stu
20/10/2007, 12:42 AM
Instead of paying good money to get banners made up, which in fairness to the foot.ie flag and those that organised it, i have never even noticed it at a match, why not go the old fashioned route and use sheets or something similar with 'Delaney Out' or whatever message you want in big lettering on it...Anyway just my tuppence worth.
With respect, not interested in your tuppence worth. Either you have a banner, or you have a good excuse. That's what this thread's about. Too many Monty Python PFJ threads here.

How do I set up Paypal to take money from those who want to donate? And where's the best place to get banners (preferably more than one) done up at such short notice?

MariborKev
20/10/2007, 9:38 AM
Think it needs to be more than Delaney out though.

"Delaney out: End this Faaarce"

"Delaney out: Stop the lies"

paul_oshea
20/10/2007, 11:10 AM
Too many Monty Python PFJ threads here.

is that in relation to what i said. fair play stu.

"Delaney out...of the grass ye little snake"

MariborKev
20/10/2007, 12:58 PM
€130 running total at this stage.

tippex
20/10/2007, 1:15 PM
Put me in for €20 also

Kingdom
20/10/2007, 1:22 PM
A €10 from me. I'll keep the other €10 for when we're raising money for the World class manager.....

Mayo_Bhoy
20/10/2007, 2:27 PM
Have you been looking out for it

It has also been on display in the Squares in Bratislava and Prague at the meet ups before those games. If you had come to the meet ups you could have had real close up views of it

Actually i did see it in the Square in Bratislava and outside Caffrey's in Prague. :o :o

Not very big tbh and noting too special but thats not meant to be a criticism.

Mayo_Bhoy
20/10/2007, 2:31 PM
With respect, not interested in your tuppence worth. Either you have a banner, or you have a good excuse. That's what this thread's about. Too many Monty Python PFJ threads here.

How do I set up Paypal to take money from those who want to donate? And where's the best place to get banners (preferably more than one) done up at such short notice?

Well i dont give a **** whther you are particularly interested or not but this is a fans forum and i will express my opinion as i wish. The simple fact is that no one is going to take much notice unless the banners are highly visible, thats my point. As for the Monty Python PFJ reference wtf??:confused: