PDA

View Full Version : Alw Cofrestr am Caerdydd / Roll Call for Cardiff

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Sligo Hornet
13/11/2007, 3:07 PM
I presume a few here are on board the 8:45am boat on Friday from Dublin City to Holyhead?

I'm planning on starting the first sing song of the weekend!!

With the forecasted bad weather, I can hear your chant now......."Throw Up for The Boys in Green..............":D

Green Tribe
13/11/2007, 3:17 PM
That was close.......we are are on the 8.45am from Paddington:...still if we get lost on the way we'll just follow your trail of cans!:D

The 845am is for the riff raff! Yes, we're hoping this train won't be as mad as the torture ;) encountered on Train Bratislava - Prague. :D

btid1
13/11/2007, 3:30 PM
With the forecasted bad weather, I can hear your chant now......."Throw Up for The Boys in Green..............":D

And with my "dislike" for boats that may well be the song of choice on Firday morning.

That said I thought while the forecast was for rain I didnt think high winds or rough seas were forecast???

Green Tribe
13/11/2007, 3:40 PM
And with my "dislike" for boats that may well be the song of choice on Firday morning.

That said I thought while the forecast was for rain I didnt think high winds or rough seas were forecast???

Plenty of rain, but the wind/sea is going to make for a pleasant sailing

Friday (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7NB-bN-ns4) ;)

Battery Rover
13/11/2007, 3:56 PM
Friday (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7NB-bN-ns4) ;)

:eek::D

Green Tribe
13/11/2007, 4:01 PM
:eek:

LOL it's class isn't it(well maybe not if you were on it)

*boke* Hopefully it won't be THAT bad for yis. :D

Sligo Hornet
13/11/2007, 4:06 PM
LOL it's class isn't it(well maybe not if you were on it)

*boke* Hopefully it won't be THAT bad for yis. :D

Looks very dangerous.....you might spill your beer on board!;)

Green Tribe
13/11/2007, 4:07 PM

Thankfully we're on the plane and train...phew

Battery Rover
13/11/2007, 4:14 PM

Was thinking that myself but decided bottles would be best:D

Moscow Mule
13/11/2007, 9:13 PM
The 845am is for the riff raff! Yes, we're hoping this train won't be as mad as the torture ;) encountered on Train Bratislava - Prague. :D

Be very afraid and get your seats early. I hear that they have been doing a deal on train tickets ie buy 1 get 10 free.

Ash
14/11/2007, 6:41 AM
Be very afraid and get your seats early. I hear that they have been doing a deal on train tickets ie buy 1 get 10 free.

I wonder will that big lump in the red jacket be wandering around Paddington
trying to off-load around 2000 match tickets :D

Green Tribe
14/11/2007, 9:16 AM

Cattle train again. Great! :rolleyes:
I would be hoping for a bit of a snooze of this train but don't think it's going to happen :D

Schlooooomp
14/11/2007, 10:01 AM
Looks like I will be heading from Paddington on the train as well but some of those times are awful early in the morning, especially for a Saturday!

Sligo Hornet
14/11/2007, 10:08 AM
Looks like I will be heading from Paddington on the train as well but some of those times are awful early in the morning, especially for a Saturday!

just head straight to the station after your last drink in the Club......you'll probably only have half an hour to wait then!;)

Babysis
14/11/2007, 10:23 AM
The 845am is for the riff raff! Yes, we're hoping this train won't be as mad as the torture encountered on Train Bratislava - Prague. :D

That train was funny but embarrassing! A few lessons have been learnt since that fiasco though ;) As long as we are stocked up on cans and some food it will be fine :D Schloomp feel free to join us on the 7.45 am on sat.

Sligo Hornet
14/11/2007, 10:47 AM
That train was funny but embarrassing! A few lessons have been learnt since that fiasco though ;) As long as we are stocked up on cans and some food it will be fine :D Schloomp feel free to join us on the 7.45 am on sat.

If you and GT are "fully stocked" perhaps it might be prudent of us to switch to your train from our 8.45am "Riff raff Express":D

aidz1
14/11/2007, 10:50 AM
jaysus...just learned that in our party of 3, 2 of them have now pulled out..
so shall now be travelling han solo
would prefer to cancel my hotel room now and find a hostel but cant find one available for the weekend (dont want to bear the cost of a hotel room ...if anyone knows of any round the cty centre that is available and forward to me i'd apprechiate it)

Green Tribe
14/11/2007, 11:03 AM
Yeah we're on the party train (Brat - Prague Part II) at 0745, come join the fun :D

AidoM
14/11/2007, 11:42 AM
Yeah we're on the party train (Brat - Prague Part II) at 0745, come join the fun :D

More like the Brat Pack Part II :eek: (or pack of Brats :p)

Green Tribe
14/11/2007, 1:05 PM
More like the Brat Pack Part II :eek: (or pack of Brats :p)

oh YES!
:D
At least we won't run out of beer unlike the Slovak rail!

Sligo Hornet
14/11/2007, 2:45 PM
Just had a message from my neice or is studying at Cardiff University advising/reminding us that the Doormen on all the pubs and Clubs will strictly enforce their "NO SPORTSWEAR (i.e. Football jersies ), or Trainers" policy on saturday night (no problem obviously during the day )

btid1
14/11/2007, 3:06 PM
Just had a message from my neice or is studying at Cardiff University advising/reminding us that the Doormen on all the pubs and Clubs will strictly enforce their "NO SPORTSWEAR (i.e. Football jersies ), or Trainers" policy on saturday night (no problem obviously during the day )

Joke if they do!!Ok the trainers thing I can understand but what are people supposed to do bring a change of clothes to the game??

No problem in Dublin getting in most places after Ireland games in jersies.

You reckon the Welsh publicans can afford to turn away 8,000 Irish fans who are wearing Ireland tops?I think not!

Sligo Hornet
14/11/2007, 3:13 PM
Joke if they do!!Ok the trainers thing I can understand but what are people supposed to do bring a change of clothes to the game??

You reckon the Welsh publicans can afford to turn away 8,000 Irish fans who are wearing Ireland tops?I think not!

Don't shoot the messenger.:mad:.....I'm just passing what I have heard from a very reliable source....you can, like everyone, choose what you wish to do with the info!

Green Tribe
14/11/2007, 3:18 PM

believe me quite a few pubs in dublin have been very arsey about ireland jersies after games!

i'd say it'll be only the trendy/posey/gay bars that will have a prob in card

btid1
14/11/2007, 3:31 PM
Don't shoot the messenger.:mad:.....I'm just passing what I have heard from a very reliable source....you can, like everyone, choose what you wish to do with the info!

That wasn't meant as an attack on you more of a general statement that it would indeed be a ridiculous scenario if we were to be left with no where to drink after the game because we were wearing the green jersey.

Apologies if thats the way it came across.

Sligo Hornet
14/11/2007, 3:36 PM
That wasn't meant as an attack on you more of a general statement that it would indeed be a ridiculous scenario if we were to be left with no where to drink after the game because we were wearing the green jersey.

Apologies if thats the way it came across.

No problem!:)

I think GT is probably right, in the trendier pubs and clubs ( Where most of the locals would go to avoid the "football types") it may well be a no-go with jersies, whereas some of the other pubs may not object, especially if there are Wales jersies present as well

Green Tribe
14/11/2007, 3:46 PM
No problem!:)

I think GT is probably right, in the trendier pubs and clubs ( Where most of the locals would go to avoid the "football types") it may well be a no-go with jersies, whereas some of the other pubs may not object, especially if there are Wales jersies present as well

GT is always right! LOL .Aye and you can wear a fancy "going out" shirt under your jersey just in case! Footy shirt in pocket! :D
Problem solved.

Schlooooomp
14/11/2007, 4:10 PM
believe me quite a few pubs in dublin have been very arsey about ireland jersies after games!

Indeed any number of pubs will turn one away for wearing an Ireland Jersey on game day, I have personal experience of this. And yes, at the time I was pretty sober.

However, my worst experience was going to Coppers after a game with Ash who was actually pretty drunk at the time and for some reason that I can't remember I was actually relatively sober. Anyway, going up the one step to the coppers door I managed to stumble, while Ash sailed up there looking as sober as a judge. He was let through by the bouncers while I was apprehended and told to take a long walk and have several coffees and then I might be admitted.

btid1
14/11/2007, 4:14 PM
Aye and you can wear a fancy "going out" shirt under your jersey just in case! Footy shirt in pocket! :D
Problem solved.

Good advice indeed!

back of the net
14/11/2007, 6:50 PM
me and me mate will be there

Green Tribe
14/11/2007, 7:10 PM
me and me mate will be there

Where? On the train, Cardiff, the game, the ferry? :eek::D

Green Tribe
14/11/2007, 7:13 PM
And yes, at the time I was pretty sober.

Ash who was actually pretty drunk at the time and for some reason that I can't remember I was actually relatively sober. Anyway, going up the one step to the coppers door I managed to stumble, while Ash sailed up there looking as sober as a judge. .

Ah now Jesus, Schloooomp, I really don't know if I can believe Ash was drunker than you :D:eek:

SÓC
14/11/2007, 7:18 PM

Once your not wearing an old pair of white fila runners than you wore on a building site/played football in you wont have a problem.

In fact you'll see an awful lot of people wearing "good" runners out like lacoste, gola, retro addidas etc etc

Have yet to have a probelm wearing jersey after any rugby match in Cardiff but it could be different for football

Moscow Mule
14/11/2007, 7:43 PM
Once your not wearing an old pair of white fila runners than you wore on a building site/played football in you wont have a problem.

In fact you'll see an awful lot of people wearing "good" runners out like lacoste, gola, retro addidas etc etc

Have yet to have a probelm wearing jersey after any rugby match in Cardiff but it could be different for football

I think the sensible thing to do is to check with the pub you are in before the game and see what rules they will be applying after the game. It is going to be cold so have a t/shirt under the green and swap over if they wont allow the green. Job done.

Moscow Mule
14/11/2007, 7:47 PM

I wonder will that big lump in the red jacket be wandering around Paddington
trying to off-load around 2000 match tickets :D

If anyone spots the big cheating G*T just smile at him as that will p**s him off as he has no chance of off loading shed loads of tickets. What a pity!!

p.r.o.c.
14/11/2007, 7:54 PM
hmmmmmmm........hide the green!!!!!:eek:

Anyways, me and two langers from the peoples republic due in at cardiff 12 pm fri, at bar (the gatekeepers) at 1pm, leave bar 11 am sun (short break for match), arrive home 2pm.

Come join us for a pint!:D

SuperDave
15/11/2007, 12:24 AM
anybody here catching the 1430 ferry on friday and the 1635 (hopefully) train, or are you all going in the morning?

Sligo Hornet
15/11/2007, 6:30 AM

Any chance you could ask ( or get someone else you know ) around today about the likely door policy, and post back here?:confused:....A bit cheeky I know, but might help those who are not staying in a hotel that night.

Bluebeard
15/11/2007, 7:39 AM

Arse.

I'm trendy.

Sligo Hornet
15/11/2007, 7:54 AM
Arse.

I'm trendy.

"self praise is no paise at all"...."conceited"....."deluded".....?;):D

Babysis
15/11/2007, 8:09 AM

That happened to us two after the Wales game in March - The bouncer wasnt letting any of us in as we had jerseys on. We probably should have taken the hint then and gone back to the hotel instead of finding another bar :D

For every pub that turns fans away on sat I'm sure there will be another only too happy for the custom.

Oh, when I asked my mate from Bristol about pubs to go to, he just said to head to St Mary's street.

Sligo Hornet
15/11/2007, 8:23 AM
That happened to us two after the Wales game in March - The bouncer wasnt letting any of us in as we had jerseys on. We probably should have taken the hint then and gone back to the hotel instead of finding another bar :D

For every pub that turns fans away on sat I'm sure there will be another only too happy for the custom.

Oh, when I asked my mate from Bristol about pubs to go to, he just said to head to St Mary's street.

See here http:www.cardiffmatchday.co.uk/pubs.html

Babysis
15/11/2007, 9:59 AM
See here http:www.cardiffmatchday.co.uk/pubs.html

To be honest Im following GT on this one :eek::D She has all the info on where everything is - So it will be something for us to read over a beer when I meet her at Shannon tomorrow evening (assuming I get there :rolleyes:)

Green Tribe
15/11/2007, 10:39 AM
To be honest Im following GT on this one :D She has all the info on where everything is - So it will be something for us to read over a beer when I meet her at Shannon tomorrow evening (assuming I get there :rolleyes:)

Yes St.Mary's Street is where most of the bars are. Worth heading there for a while anyway! See ya at Shannon International :D

Green Tribe
15/11/2007, 10:40 AM
Arse.

I'm trendy.

You calling me an arse!? :mad::D

AidoM
15/11/2007, 11:16 AM
You calling me an arse!?

Is it a combination :confused: that you have a trendy arse :D

Green Tribe
15/11/2007, 11:19 AM
Is it a combination :confused: that you have a trendy arse :D

Maybe Bluebeard thinks he has a trendy arse.
Got all your labels and fag folded AidoM?

AidoM
15/11/2007, 11:25 AM
Got all your labels and fag folded AidoM?

:eek: :confused:

Word Association thread mentions John O'Shea - keep me out of it :mad:

AidoM
15/11/2007, 11:35 AM
Got all your labels and flag folded AidoM?

No additional labels printed for this time because of the poor response on the double header :mad:

The Foot.ie flag was ironed :rolleyes: and has been folded into the case in it's normal neat way in preparation for it's expedition to Wales

btid1
15/11/2007, 11:45 AM
No additional labels printed for this time because of the poor response on the double header :mad:

Whats all this about labels for us non regular travellers?