PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Springsteen - Magic

Anto McC
29/08/2007, 5:32 PM
Another studio album with the E Street band, out at the start of October and i can't wait for it.

He hasn't announced any Dublin dates on the tour though :( Here's hoping he does.

SligoBrewer
29/08/2007, 6:56 PM
yeah.. i hope he does. i'd camp for them i really would... might trek 2 belfast though..dad would enjoy it.

beautifulrock
29/08/2007, 7:45 PM
european tour has been announced, see here http://www.brucespringsteen.net/live/

not in Dublin though but is in Belfast.

razor
06/09/2007, 8:07 AM
On ticketmaster for a girl in work
9:01am, No tickets available.
What a con job !

harpskid
06/09/2007, 8:13 AM
Just on there for someone myself, no luck....?

Anyone got any spares? :D :ball ::cool:

lofty9
06/09/2007, 8:48 AM
Just on there for someone myself, no luck....?

Anyone got any spares? :D :ball ::cool:

Fastest internet speed going, I have never ever failed to get a ticket for anything that I was looking to go to. At 9 on the dot there was no tickets available. I got onto the queue to be told there was none available. Something very very fishy. Looks like a corporate gig. :mad: Im surprised at Springsteen.

Rory H
07/09/2007, 10:10 AM
Fastest internet speed going, I have never ever failed to get a ticket for anything that I was looking to go to. At 9 on the dot there was no tickets available. I got onto the queue to be told there was none available. Something very very fishy. Looks like a corporate gig. :mad: Im surprised at Springsteen.

its not.but there was something very strange going on alright. Queued from just before 6am in sligo and was first in line. still nervous that i wouldnt get any. 8.57am thinking it was minutes away the tickets started printing out. They were released three minutes early[ which is a disgrace], got my tickets. as did i think everyone else who was queuing [only 14 people, but even those who turned up at 8.45am yesterday got them as far as i know]. thus it sold out in "record time" and everyone who was clicking refresh at 8.59am didnt have much hope. i have little sympathy for people who rely on buying them online. If you want them you make sure you are first in line!. Ticketmaster is a joke though, we were just lucky. touts who bought them online are now selling them for at least €200 each sicken me. People will pay it[ i would if i didnt get them] and its exploitation that should have been stamped out a long time ago.

gustavo
08/09/2007, 9:54 PM
Radio Nowhere is brilliant

lofty9
14/09/2007, 11:18 AM
its not.but there was something very strange going on alright. Queued from just before 6am in sligo and was first in line. still nervous that i wouldnt get any. 8.57am thinking it was minutes away the tickets started printing out. They were released three minutes early[ which is a disgrace], got my tickets. as did i think everyone else who was queuing [only 14 people, but even those who turned up at 8.45am yesterday got them as far as i know]. thus it sold out in "record time" and everyone who was clicking refresh at 8.59am didnt have much hope. i have little sympathy for people who rely on buying them online. If you want them you make sure you are first in line!. Ticketmaster is a joke though, we were just lucky. touts who bought them online are now selling them for at least €200 each sicken me. People will pay it[ i would if i didnt get them] and its exploitation that should have been stamped out a long time ago.

My own fault should have really refreshed the page a couple of mins before 9. :mad: Ah well, heard the album last night and not impressed with it. But his shows are much better than just listening to his albums. I'm staying in Belfast that night so I might go to the Odyssey to see of there is any tickets going before the gig at a reasonable price.

Knappagh Red
14/09/2007, 2:25 PM
In the 80's Bruce was the most uncool act to like, all the bogmen with their fists pumping the air for "Born in the USA" . Everyone laughed at Bruuuce! fans What year did he become cool?

SligoBrewer
14/09/2007, 3:31 PM
In the 80's Bruce was the most uncool act to like, all the bogmen with their fists pumping the air for "Born in the USA" . Everyone laughed at Bruuuce! fans What year did he become cool?

since year ****ing dot

Knappagh Red
14/09/2007, 5:09 PM
Nah, headbands, sleeveless lumberjack shirts and echo-drenched snare drum sing alongs = very uncool. I think you must have been brain-washed by your daddy.

SligoBrewer
14/09/2007, 6:21 PM
Nah, headbands, sleeveless lumberjack shirts and echo-drenched snare drum sing alongs = very uncool. I think you must have been brain-washed by your daddy.

the thinking mans bob dylan

Rory H
16/09/2007, 7:09 PM
its only really starting to kick off. the whole johnny cash fad is over and bruce is taking over:p[someone will get really offended by that!]

SligoBrewer
16/09/2007, 7:13 PM
its only really starting to kick off. the whole johnny cash fad is over and bruce is taking over:p[someone will get really offended by that!]

johnny cash is for loo-sers

lofty9
16/09/2007, 7:42 PM

Was of the same opinion until I saw him live. The best live act I have seen and I have seen a range of cracker shows in my time from The Buzzcocks, Muse ,Radiohead, Rage against the Machine, James, Dave Matthews Band and ............the Dixie Chicks :o:D They are all in my top 10 shows but Springsteen's shows are in a class of its own.

gustavo
28/09/2007, 8:41 AM
http://www.rte.ie/arts/2007/0926/springsteenb.html