PDA

View Full Version : Bit O'Red -V- Derry City, Saturday 1st September

Pages : [1] 2

feo123
26/08/2007, 10:54 PM
Big game next weekend at home to Derry, no reason why we can't beat them i think....beat them here last year 3-1 in the league, and we've improved IMO since then! and they've possibly dis-improved, but thats all in the past....

They'll have a big support i'd imagine, so we have to be at our best in the stands aswell as on the pitch....massive improvment needed from the fans performance in galway....we were shocking....especially after they went in front, started to moan at O'Brian rather than encourage the team....just get behind the lads for the 90 mins, they'll give their best and hopefully get us the 3 points!

sligoman
27/08/2007, 6:14 PM
Get there early lads (http://www.sligorovers.com/content/view/409/1/)!:D.

feo123
27/08/2007, 6:46 PM
Cool, will be a bit of a buzz so around the town hopefully, good idea to have it before the match aswell....is it on the main pitch or astro?

sligoman
27/08/2007, 6:47 PM
Astro I hope, or else main pitch will be an even worse mess for our game.

Rory H
27/08/2007, 6:51 PM
theres going to be a supporters match in the afternoon too. All players interested let me know.

red arrow
27/08/2007, 9:07 PM
I Hope The Entertainment Is On The Astro As A Cut Up Showgrounds Limits Our Ability To Play Attractive Football. Could Anybody
Check This Out?

feo123
27/08/2007, 9:13 PM
it wont be any worse after a girls friendly than it would normally be anyway

avvenalaf
27/08/2007, 11:10 PM
Calling in the union, RT. There's a job demarcation issue here.

sligoman
28/08/2007, 12:24 AM
theres going to be a supporters match in the afternoon too.Is their going to be a training session prior to it?

Rory H
28/08/2007, 7:53 PM
nope. same team hopefully

feo123
28/08/2007, 11:49 PM
any word on the time yet?

Bravo
29/08/2007, 2:35 PM
afaik it's on the main pitch, i think its starting at 6.15.

Ballagh Red
29/08/2007, 9:28 PM
what's the story with the Blue stand on Saturday? Will Derry have the full stand?

slig0
30/08/2007, 10:10 AM
we shall take 3 points

gustavo
30/08/2007, 5:09 PM
http://www.sligorovers.com/content/view/410/88/

Team News

Shedzer
30/08/2007, 6:47 PM
Is Ventre suspended stil??

Rovers fan
30/08/2007, 8:04 PM
not much hype surrounding this game. it is a vital game as a defeat would really affect our chances of getting into europe. hopefully there will be a good crowd and rovers to win it 2-1

First
31/08/2007, 10:22 AM
Looking forward to this game. I think a 1-0 win .I will however be incognito as usual. Come on Rovers;)

First
31/08/2007, 11:59 AM
Only one man will have a chopper with clare number plates ;)

I've traded in in for an SO model:D

Rovers fan
01/09/2007, 9:29 PM
an alright performance we could have nicked a win but a draw was probably a fair result. if only foysers freekick went in!

Midgit
01/09/2007, 9:43 PM
So lads 0-0.

But i wouldn't say it was a bore 0-0. Plenty of action.
-Derry fans were brilliant. Fair play.
-I thought Matty did good when introduced. He has that bit of pace we have been lacking. Can turn a defender in a shot.
-Foyzer. Fair play lad. He came back in tonight and has really gave Paul Cook a problem for the game in Longford. Played well.
-Ventre. Well Paul Cook had been saying he was out of position at left back, and his best position is centre back. I didn't see it tonight though.
-Brush. Brilliant display. Brilliant under the high ball. Well deserved "man of the match"
-As i don't like to publicaly critise. One player just was diobolical when introduced. Wont mention any names as i never like to do that sort of thing.

Marco
01/09/2007, 9:47 PM
Lads what was the attendance like, did yee do much promotion for the game.

SligoBrewer
01/09/2007, 9:49 PM
So lads 0-0.

But i wouldn't say it was a bore 0-0. Plenty of action.
-Derry fans were brilliant. Fair play.
-I thought Matty did good when introduced. He has that bit of pace we have been lacking. Can turn a defender in a shot.
-Foyzer. Fair play lad. He came back in tonight and has really gave Paul Cook a problem for the game in Longford. Played well.
-Ventre. Well Paul Cook had been saying he was out of position at left back, and his best position is centre back. I didn't see it tonight though.
-Brush. Brilliant display. Brilliant under the high ball. Well deserved "man of the match"
-As i don't like to publicaly critise. One player just was diobolical when introduced. Wont mention any names as i never like to do that sort of thing.

he didnt do a thing wrong tonight. go home you wum

sligoman
01/09/2007, 9:58 PM
Thank **** we got out of that with a clean sheet:). We hung on for large parts of the game but at least every one of the players put in the effort tonight[Unlike in Galway], even Faz won a header:eek:. Performance not great but they gave their all and do the same against Longford and we'll win. A great point to get.

Here's a tip for people (http://foot.ie/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=7872)

Midgit
01/09/2007, 10:04 PM
he didnt do a thing wrong tonight. go home you wum

WTF do you know about football neway. And everyone knows it. Go support your Burtion Albion...LOL... or whoever and leave us the **** alone.

Go home you wum?? At least i got a home to go home to you ****n neglected peice of ****e!!!!

SligoBrewer
01/09/2007, 10:13 PM
Thank **** we got out of that with a clean sheet:). We hung on for large parts of the game but at least every one of the players put in the effort tonight[Unlike in Galway], even Faz won a header:eek:. Performance not great but they gave their all and do the same against Longford and we'll win. A great point to get.

Here's a tip for people (http://foot.ie/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=7872)
i already use it but .. i knew he'd get a cheap shot in sligoman

Red&White Rover
01/09/2007, 11:08 PM
[

You are just WUMming this time...or else it's bad....

It's a vendetta...

feo123
02/09/2007, 12:48 PM
banned. about time

red arrow
02/09/2007, 12:48 PM
i would say approx 2500. derry brougt about 500 with them and they were absolutely brilliant great colour and noise. no disrespect to our supporters who had to vacate their usual perch. good crowd and good atmosphere. personally i was delighted with the point we fought hard and if we keep this attitude we can still get into eouope or setanta. hopefully we will have big support in longford and with a good atmosphere behind the team we can win. although it wont be easy as they are full of confidence at the moment. looking forward to it. we should all try this week to spread the word about the longford game and get as many to go . is it on friday?

Aaron
02/09/2007, 1:24 PM
Or something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS5SLlW72xI

Thought Ventre was an improvment on McKenzie and would like to give him another couple of games to settle in. Typical Peers Typically excellent, thought Cash done well and Brush and Foy as lost some amount of weight and i thought did very well last night.. Thought at times we knocked it around really well good crowd. I thought we could have won the game but also could have lost it. Derry fans let themselves down by booing our injured players and cheering when they hit him with the ball god if this crowd are considered the best fans in the league i hope we never end up like that.

Also interesting to read Cook's Programmes notes where he says that there needs to players that come in but there also needs to be players that go out.

If that was Ventre then good enough for the ******!! Lads on our forum and from updates during the game said he made a shocking tackle on Morrow, luckily he ONLY needed stitches for.

red bellied
02/09/2007, 1:32 PM
Derry keeper was definitely dodgy. Didnt really get enough crosses for him to flap around at. He was all over the place for the free Foy floated in at the end. Ventre looked alot more composed at the centre half position than left full. The back four was way more balanced last night. There wasnt as much hoofing last night and Brush was more inclined to throw it than kick it. He played well last night stopping two one on one situations and collecting alot of crosses. O Grady had another great game wining balls alot of the time he had no right too. Thought the crowd was about 2800, with around 700 Derry.

sligoman
02/09/2007, 1:45 PM
Jennings is by far the dodgiest keeper in the league imo. If we had to get more shots on him he was bound to mess up a few of them at least. But still, I'd have taken a point before the game so I'm happy with the draw.

Rory H
02/09/2007, 3:42 PM
happy with that but really need to put a winning run together now . Ventre was great and brushy did well.

intrigued by the atmosphere, there is life in the main stand but apparently we couldnt be heard even though it was quite decent. much like the team this week was about getting back on track after galway and next week we must excel. When everyone stands up at half time or full time and starts singing "the rovers" its brilliant.

Definitely need more big drums though. i think the snares are going downhill now. Collection for one??? €20 each?? would need about 14 contributors

SligoBrewer
02/09/2007, 3:47 PM
happy with that but really need to put a winning run together now . Ventre was great and brushy did well.

intrigued by the atmosphere, there is life in the main stand but apparently we couldnt be heard even though it was quite decent. much like the team this week was about getting back on track after galway and next week we must excel. When everyone stands up at half time or full time and starts singing "the rovers" its brilliant.

Definitely need more big drums though. i think the snares are going downhill now. Collection for one??? €20 each?? would need about 14 contributors

cupcakes will sponsor one for ye.;)

i think a megaphone would be the next step tbh

Rory H
02/09/2007, 3:55 PM
cupcakes will sponsor one for ye.;)

i think a megaphone would be the next step tbh

Thats ordered as far as i know!

SligoBrewer
02/09/2007, 4:01 PM
great!:)

i need to get to more trust meetings.. bliddy gaa..

i think why we couldnt be heard in the new stand is coz of where we were projecting our voices..

derry were projecting to the middle of the new stand as they had enough people to make the noise go further where as the roof in the new stand is higher, so an awful lot of the singing either died on the pitch or went straight up and wasnt echoed by the low roof..

i miss the shed..:(

Ballagh Red
02/09/2007, 4:21 PM
We were in the section behind the away dugout and although we could hear the singers clearly,nobody around us wanted to join in. I know this has all been covered before. In the second half we got a grip on the game and maybe if the crowd had got going, we'd have won it. Still think it's looking good for a European place. Lets make some noise in Flancare

SligoBrewer
02/09/2007, 4:25 PM
ballagh.. answer this please..dont take it the wrong way

if you wanted to show your support, why didnt you move and sing?

Ballagh Red
02/09/2007, 5:05 PM
I stayed where I was Brewer in the hope that by joining in the singing others around me might do the same. It happens over in the Jinks but fair enough I'll know for the next time

OneRedArmy
02/09/2007, 5:37 PM
I notice CTID never came back after my last post.Fans in abusing former player shock........:rolleyes:
Cash didn't get half as much abuse as that knacker Judge. Looks like he has what it has to succeed, but needs to lose the severe attitude problem and was lucky to stay on the pitch.

feo123
02/09/2007, 5:41 PM
Fans in abusing former player shock........:rolleyes:
Cash didn't get half as much abuse as that knacker Judge. Looks like he has what it has to succeed, but needs to lose the severe attitude problem and was lucky to stay on the pitch.

knacker? can you explain paddy mccourt shoving one of our players to the ground in the first half for no apparent reason? can you explain kevin deery raising his arms at adam hughes every time he went near him? and the many more incidents where away players raised there arms off the ball.

roversman
02/09/2007, 7:09 PM
did anyone else see hutton graping jersey all night how did he get away with it if thats what all he can do now its time to give it up
we should had 1 pen and a few frees for it

feo123
02/09/2007, 7:14 PM
they were all at it, all night!

Rovers fan
02/09/2007, 8:03 PM
foyser was better defensively than ventre has been at left back and we all know the threat he poses in a dead ball situation. i think ventre is a better centre half than mckenzie. cash had a very good game, worked very hard.

OneRedArmy
02/09/2007, 8:31 PM
knacker? can you explain paddy mccourt shoving one of our players to the ground in the first half for no apparent reason? can you explain kevin deery raising his arms at adam hughes every time he went near him? and the many more incidents where away players raised there arms off the ball.Whats that got to do with Judge being a mouthy, petulant primadonna? He raised his arms twice and should've gone before half time.

You clearly didn't see that.....

Also looking forward to seeing the replay of the Morrow incident tomorrow night. Looked ridiculously late from our side. No card either I believe.

Rovers1
02/09/2007, 9:40 PM

yeah lads, more drums needed. the more the better and it doesnt matter if you cant hear us singing over all the drums, look at Galway! they only have 20 or so singing afaik, and have about 10 drums, and you can only really hear the drums, but it still sounds great. Big bass drums only cost about €150, and youd have to change the skins maybe twice a season, which are about €20 each. its totally worth it!

feo123
02/09/2007, 10:05 PM
Also looking forward to seeing the replay of the Morrow incident tomorrow night. Looked ridiculously late from our side. No card either I believe.

won the ball......ye wouldnt have seen it anyway being a good 50 yards away
no card, no...because the ref didnt even give the free kick
anything else?

you called judge a knacker...? for being mouthy? and you avoided my 2 points about the derry players actions last night too

MariborKev
02/09/2007, 10:25 PM
knacker? can you explain paddy mccourt shoving one of our players to the ground in the first half for no apparent reason? can you explain kevin deery raising his arms at adam hughes every time he went near him? and the many more incidents where away players raised there arms off the ball.

1) McCourt shoved him in response to the Olympic class dive which immediately preceded the incident.

2) Cause Deery's a ****e defender? I assume Hughes must have "done" him at some point and Deery was trying to get some revenge. However he couldn't even do that right.

feo123
02/09/2007, 10:45 PM
Well, to be honest, it was a foul on cretaro, whether he made a meal of it or not i dont know but no reason why mccourt pushed him to the floor, and then the ref booked mccallion instead was it?

OneRedArmy
02/09/2007, 10:58 PM
Your own fans have condemed that on the Derry forum and the anti Oliie Byrne songs that are reported by Derry fans themselves which were meant to have been sung was shocking:eek:. All in all i was really dissapointed in the Derry fans. Thank god their was a minutes appluase instead of the silence.Get a grip.

The abuse Cash took was run of the mill stuff, happens everywhere. I recall you lot giving Ciaran Martyn a fair bit of abuse over the last few years.

As for Cash, you've managed to proxy two fans stating they disagreed with the way Cash was treated into "Derry fans". He was a mediocre player for us who had an unprofessional atttitude and was treated as such. Bizarrely, he still comes up to booze in Derry regularly......

I was two blocks away from the half way line and heard none of the Ollie Byrne stuff, only applause. By all accounts it was a few morons (as in less than 10 people), you and 99% of the ground clearly didn't hear it, but go ahead and sensationalise it anyway.

"All in all i was really dissapointed in the Derry fans"...... you should work in tabloid journalism, or alternatively concern yourself with why your own fans produce so little atmosphere.