PDA

View Full Version : Why no Inter-Toto thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

dcfcsteve
01/07/2007, 10:57 PM
One of our clubs has played 2 games in Europe already this season - progressing through a round - and not a thread about either of the games on here...! :eek:

What happened to Cork tonight to lose at home ? I thought Valur had been poor in the away leg ?

sligoman
01/07/2007, 11:01 PM
What happened to Cork tonight to lose at home ? I thought Valur had been poor in the away leg ?Were Cork playing tonight too?:eek: Rico will be complaining about fixture congestion soon enough

dcfcsteve
01/07/2007, 11:06 PM
Were Cork playing tonight too?:eek: Rico will be complaining about fixture congestion soon enough

Played yesterday. Hence why we could've done with an Inter-Toto thread....

At least we've got one now......! :D

sligoman
01/07/2007, 11:08 PM
Think there was a thread about the first leg. People realised from that how poor Valur are and just presumed the Corkies were a sure bet, close enough in the end though:eek:. Good to see them progress anyway though.

kdjaC
01/07/2007, 11:13 PM
Foot.ie has been instructed by the FAI to follow rule 42.

Rule 42: RRS

kdjac

dcfcsteve
01/07/2007, 11:13 PM
Think there was a thread about the first leg.

Where ?:confused:

adamcarr
01/07/2007, 11:54 PM
What happened to Cork tonight to lose at home ? I thought Valur had been poor in the away leg ?

We were appalling, they were even worse but managed to sneak a goal.

BohsFans
02/07/2007, 12:09 AM
If they were so bad, how come the wonderful Roy Donovan didn't score?

GavinZac
02/07/2007, 2:59 AM
If they were so bad, how come the wonderful Roy Donovan didn't score?

roy was having a stroll in the park. sat down at one point. got himself booked for messing with the ball after the whistle was blown. it was a harsh booking but the ref had been harsh all game so he should've been a bit smarter.

CollegeTillIDie
02/07/2007, 7:15 AM
Cork have another InterToto game next week against Sweden's Halmstad BK. The FIFA two are available for them now. Incidentally that whole episode was a disgrace and illustrates that there are two different rules in football for the haves and the have nots. Cork City's treatment at the CAS was nothing short of appalling. Fran Gavin claims FIFA are going to change their rules on the three club issue following this episode, I hope they compensate Cork City by refunding them the lads salaries since the 1st of January.

Cork City have a League Cup Quarter-final on Tuesday away to Bohs. Rico was interviewed on Newstalk yesterday.... there have been no offers for Roy O'Donovan since January. The boy would be better off keeping his gob shut at this stage. Two back matches already for City in games against Bray and UCD to be played and or re-fixed.

BohsPartisan
02/07/2007, 7:51 AM
Can't see Farrelly playing against Halmstad given the Ned Kelly he has on him (See caption competition thread in Off Topic).
Any chance of this game being Televised, I'd be very interested in seeing how Cork fare against one of our old European opponants.

ifk101
02/07/2007, 8:17 AM
Can't see Farrelly playing against Halmstad given the Ned Kelly he has on him (See caption competition thread in Off Topic).
Any chance of this game being Televised, I'd be very interested in seeing how Cork fare against one of our old European opponants.

Cork are playing Hammarby, not Halmstad.

Steve Bruce
02/07/2007, 8:21 AM
Good to see both LOI and IL team go through.

Don't know much about Corks or Cliftonvilles opponent.

I just hope that the rest of both leagues can follow by example and reach the next phase.(which is most likely for LOI teams than IL to be fair)

BohsPartisan
02/07/2007, 8:24 AM
Cork are playing Hammarby, not Halmstad.

Oh right. Thought I read somewhere this morning it was Halmstad and I was surprised.

ifk101
02/07/2007, 8:36 AM
Oh right. Thought I read somewhere this morning it was Halmstad and I was surprised.

I'm sure you did. The Irish sporting press isn't renowned for its accuracy.

Hammarby and Halmstad are of a similar standard though. Both are mid table teams.

Midgit
02/07/2007, 9:25 AM
Foot.ie has been instructed by the FAI to follow rule 42.

Rule 42: RRS

kdjac

What are tou on about Kdjac???:confused::confused::confused:

pete
02/07/2007, 10:27 AM
There was a thread in the City section but it did not move to the eL section as did not seem to be wider interest than City fans in the games.

I must admit even though I traveled down for the game its hard to get excited about the Inter Two Bob Cup. It was different a few years ago but its a bit of a drop down when have been in Uefa & CL Cup in recent seasons. There weren't even any away fans to sing/chant at.

The 2nd leg was very similar to Ekranas last year with team unsure whether to go & kill off the game with a goal or sit back & defend the 2 goal lead. Vadur were ok but even a poor City performances gave up several goal scoring chances.

Hopefully Hammerby will come out with some arrogant comments this week to get the crowd going for next Saturday. ;)

pateen
02/07/2007, 1:02 PM
Cork have another InterToto game next week against Sweden's Halmstad BK. The FIFA two are available for them now. Incidentally that whole episode was a disgrace and illustrates that there are two different rules in football for the haves and the have nots. Cork City's treatment at the CAS was nothing short of appalling. Fran Gavin claims FIFA are going to change their rules on the three club issue following this episode, I hope they compensate Cork City by refunding them the lads salaries since the 1st of January.

Cork City have a League Cup Quarter-final on Tuesday away to Bohs. Rico was interviewed on Newstalk yesterday.... there have been no offers for Roy O'Donovan since January. The boy would be better off keeping his gob shut at this stage. Two back matches already for City in games against Bray and UCD to be played and or re-fixed.
;)

I dont think the FIFA two can play in the intertoto cup as they werent registered for it since they couldnt play in the League at the time of registration AFAIK. They should be making their debut this tuesday against bohs but are still inelligable for intertoto.

I agree with you aboyt Roy O Donavan though. His ego is bigger than the new shed in turners cross. George O C was never as bad.

Risteard
02/07/2007, 1:05 PM
They're eligible alright pateen.
I dunno about Roy v George.
That number 10 shirt should be retired or else reserved for either Dominic Foley, Colin P. O'Brien or Mariah Carey.

NY Hoop
02/07/2007, 1:07 PM
Thought it would have been a good idea to give the 2 their debuts in this competition. By pushing the game to the sunday night coupled with their debuts it would have meant a bigger crowd.

It may be the Inter Toto Cup but its still Europe. Who do you play if you progress next round?

KOH

DmanDmythDledge
02/07/2007, 1:15 PM
Who do you play if you progress next round?

KOH
Utrecht.

Steve Bruce
02/07/2007, 1:41 PM
are Utrecht any good? Do Cork think they can get past them.

I'm not a big follower of Dutch football.

Schumi
02/07/2007, 1:46 PM
who awaits cork if they get through?They're in the UEFA Cup if they beat Utrecht I think.

Steve Bruce
02/07/2007, 1:58 PM
They're in the UEFA Cup if they beat Utrecht I think.

EDIT: Ignore my posts. I never read the thread properly

JC_GUFC
02/07/2007, 2:07 PM
Cork are playing Hammarby and if they win that then Utrecht. If they beat Utrecht they qualify for the UEFA Cup 2nd qualifying round along with the 10 other 3rd round winners.
It's a bit of a joke really and means the likes of Blackburn, Lens, Hamburg and Atletico Madrid would only have to win 2 ties to get into the UEFA Cup proper.
If Cliftonville get past Gent then they'd play Honka of Finland or Aalborg of Denmark for a place in the UEFA 2nd qualifying round.

razor
02/07/2007, 2:28 PM
His ego is bigger than the new shed in turners cross. George O C was never as bad.Roy has a way to go but he's getting there fast.
We have Hammarby at home next Saturday night KO 7.30pm

DmanDmythDledge
02/07/2007, 3:30 PM
are Utrecht any good? Do Cork think they can get past them.

I'm not a big follower of Dutch football.
They finished 9th in the league last year. I'd imagine they would beat Cork, but Cork would give them a good game imo.

WeAreRovers
02/07/2007, 3:56 PM
We have Hammarby at home next Saturday night KO 7.30pm

Bus full of Rovers and Hammarby coming from Dublin. :cool:

KOH

ifk101
02/07/2007, 7:01 PM

KOH

I'm sure Aftonbladet will have a nice piece about it, just like the last meet-up ;)

dcfcsteve
02/07/2007, 8:20 PM

KOH

Only because you's heard the words 'hammer' and 'biy' together in a Cork accent..... :D

Pablo
02/07/2007, 8:31 PM

KOH

Pity ye cant fill a bus for your own away games :rolleyes:

Sad

pateen
03/07/2007, 8:53 AM
Great news on Healy and Farrelly, thanks for that richstard.
Speaking of Dominic Foley, will he be playing against Clintonville for AA Gent in the next round?
Also do you think RTE might actually show this game?

Personally I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the Intertoto cup.
St Pats UEFA opposition this year, OB Odense beat Shels last year and went onto the group stages of the UEFA cup and apparently Shels could have won the round.
Does anyone know if Sweden play a summer league?

superfrank
03/07/2007, 9:05 AM
Great news on Healy and Farrelly, thanks for that richstard.
Speaking of Dominic Foley, will he be playing against Clintonville for AA Gent in the next round?
Also do you think RTE might actually show this game?

Personally I don’t think there’s anything wrong with the Intertoto cup.
St Pats UEFA opposition this year, OB Odense beat Shels last year and went onto the group stages of the UEFA cup and apparently Shels could have won the round.
Does anyone know if Sweden play a summer league?
Yeah they do.

razor
03/07/2007, 10:14 AM
Bus full of Rovers and Hammarby coming from Dublin. Once theres no trouble then the more the merrier.

WeAreRovers
03/07/2007, 10:26 AM

Sad

Who brought the most away fans to the Cross this season? :rolleyes:

KOH

swano
03/07/2007, 12:37 PM

Sad

Thats rich coming from a Cork fan! Hoops SC has been full for every game this season bar Derry away on a monday night which was short notice. Also other buses that travel to our away games have been full for most games.

swano
03/07/2007, 12:39 PM
Once theres no trouble then the more the merrier.

Won't be any trouble. Simply repaying the hospitality shown to us by the Hammarby fans when we played in Stockholm a few years back.

GavinZac
03/07/2007, 12:42 PM
Thats rich coming from a Cork fan! Hoops SC has been full for every game this season bar Derry away on a monday night which was short notice. Also other buses that travel to our away games have been full for most games. :confused: we've sent one or two buses to every regular game, including the ones up north. i would wager we've done the most traveling this year, actually. its all well and good when your bus is going across town after work :rolleyes:

Won't be any trouble. Simply repaying the hospitality shown to us by the Hammarby fans when we played in Stockholm a few years back.
you dont mind waiting in the bus then? thanks

NY Hoop
03/07/2007, 12:45 PM
:confused: we've sent one or two buses to every regular game, including the ones up north. i would wager we've done the most traveling this year, actually. its all well and good when your bus is going across town after work :rolleyes:

So you dont want the extra gate receipts? Bizarre stuff. Very unusual for cark fans to complain about travel. Never heard that before:rolleyes:

KOH

GavinZac
03/07/2007, 12:48 PM
So you dont want the extra gate receipts? Bizarre stuff.Buy a scarf or something, and go back to the bus. Goodness knows whos going or what they're up to. Knowing Shams we'll end up turfed out of europe!

KOH

swano
03/07/2007, 12:57 PM
:confused: we've sent one or two buses to every regular game, including the ones up north. i would wager we've done the most traveling this year, actually. its all well and good when your bus is going across town after work :rolleyes:

We obviously don't run buses to games across town:rolleyes:
I'd be surprised if you've brought more fans than us to any away game this season. You had very few against us in Tolka and I'm sure quite a few who were there live in Dublin.

I've regularly gone to watch other clubs play in european games over the years so a chance to go to a game and have a few beers with lads who looked after us is hardly sinister. I'm sure any reasonable City fan would welcome the extre revenue.

pateen
03/07/2007, 1:26 PM
we've sent one or two buses to every regular game, including the ones up north. i would wager we've done the most traveling this year, actually. its all well and good when your bus is going across town after work.

The busses dont run to often when rovers fans finish work. Most only hang up their crowbar and gloves at 4am :D :D :D

pete
03/07/2007, 2:55 PM

Sad

In fairness Rovers would usually have the biggest away support at the cross especially when you consider league position.

osarusan
04/07/2007, 11:47 AM
In fairness Rovers would usually have the biggest away support at the cross especially when you consider league position.

ehh, Pete, I think you'll find that this is foot.ie and nobody cares about fairness. Or facts. Or logic.

LeixlipRed
04/07/2007, 12:23 PM
If Cork do get through to Utrecht when would that be on? Might base a holiday round that. Obviously they'd have to get through the next round first. Utrecht is a beautiful city

SÓC
04/07/2007, 12:33 PM

These days its gotten so bad that Rovers are the only team that bring any decent support to Cork

Few years ago we beat Nijmagen in the intertoto, Utrecht would be quite similar but we need to play 100% to get pasted Hammerby first

paudie
04/07/2007, 1:00 PM
If Cork do get through to Utrecht when would that be on? Might base a holiday round that. Obviously they'd have to get through the next round first. Utrecht is a beautiful city

I think all the three Inter Toto rounds are succesive weekends so we would be playing Utrecht on the weekends of 22nd & 29th July

paudie
04/07/2007, 1:01 PM
They're in the UEFA Cup if they beat Utrecht I think.

Last qualifying round of the UEFa Cup I think

pete
04/07/2007, 1:02 PM
I think all the three Inter Toto rounds are succesive weekends so we would be playing Utrecht on the weekends of 22nd & 29th July

That is correct. Not sure if we would be home or away first though...

razor
04/07/2007, 1:51 PM
I think we'd be at home first and the away leg would be the 29th.

I don't see any problem with a few Rovers lads coming down on Saturday.
I'm sure they'll all be on their best behaviour
Do these Hammarby contingent consist of any female members?