PDA

View Full Version : Chris Turner

Pages : [1] 2 3

red arrow
27/05/2007, 6:18 PM
any idea what english clubs atre interested in chris. we know he is on a free at end of season and the fact that rovers have financial difficulities would it be possible that they would get a fee for him if sold in july. club is caught between a rock and a hard place because money is badly needed but we would also be letting our best player go. if cookie could bring in some decent players in july and we were able to keep chris and go on a cup run that could turn things around. but these are all if's. also club has had a bad run on injuries. its important that we keep supporting the club. there are tickets available for a draw on june 24th at e10 each get the word out buy them. there is also a golf classic being run in rosses point june 21st cost E200 for team of 4. anybody out there interested. prizes to the value of e4000.00.
contact frank beirne 086 1657515. even if you cant play golf why not get 4 togeather @ E50 each. now thats what i call supporting sligo rovers when in crisis.

DmanDmythDledge
27/05/2007, 6:24 PM
any idea what english clubs atre interested in chris. we know he is on a free at end of season
Even if he is out of contract Sligo Rovers would be entitled to a fee as he is under 24.

Terry
27/05/2007, 6:29 PM
I dont believe that is the case if he isnt sold before his contract expires.

DmanDmythDledge
27/05/2007, 6:31 PM
I dont believe that is the case if he isnt sold before his contract expires.
It definitely is- it happened to us when Alan Cawley signed for Shels. The only provision is that he is offered a contract worth the same amount as his previous one.

Red4Eva
30/05/2007, 4:52 PM
gary dicker sold to stockport for £40,000 today. have only seen dicker play 3-4 times but chrissy has to be worth at least twice whatever he's worth

neutrino
30/05/2007, 10:50 PM
Chris Turners contract should be tied up. give him a deal worthy of his calibre and make an effort to keep him. i'd release 3 players if it meant keeping turner. but alas this wont happen and chris turner will move for nothing. prob to bohs or if not to the UK. He is simply a class act !! worth paying in just to see him play whatever the result

red_away
31/05/2007, 11:47 AM
Maybe we are focusing on personalities here but i think if turner wont sign an extension for the club and if they can get some decent money for turner in the window i would sell - turner occasionally has a poor game an u dont see the villification from forum users like other players get (quality aside). Rovers will be relegation material if we keep things as they are and there doesnt seem to be any money in the kitty so something has to give for the good of the club - we have sold better players in the past!

showgies
31/05/2007, 12:48 PM
In my opinion, Turner has only really started to make his mark this season. Certainly last season he was hot & cold. Whether that has anything to do with the change in management or increased responsibility, but this season he has really looked top class.

After his second goal vs Cork, as he celebrated, I could have sworn he was just about to kiss the badge, but thought twice, and dived on the gorund instead. Maybe, I read to much into these things, but I suspect Chris won't be with us next season at the very least.

Red4Eva
31/05/2007, 6:29 PM
In my opinion, Turner has only really started to make his mark this season. Certainly last season he was hot & cold. Whether that has anything to do with the change in management or increased responsibility, but this season he has really looked top class.

After his second goal vs Cork, as he celebrated, I could have sworn he was just about to kiss the badge, but thought twice, and dived on the gorund instead. Maybe, I read to much into these things, but I suspect Chris won't be with us next season at the very least.

i think any under performance last season was due to the manager's tactics(hoof it up to mansaram and take it from there). he barely got to touch the ball. if we get to an opportunity to put out a full strength team soon, i'd imagine he'll play eve better

i watched that cork goal again there and he just pats the crest but before that he pushed manson out of his way so he could run over to show the main stand what he was doing.

Midgit
31/05/2007, 9:05 PM
i watched that cork goal again there and he just pats the crest but before that he pushed manson out of his way so he could run over to show the main stand what he was doing.

Fill me in?!?! Or give us a link....

red bellied
01/06/2007, 10:11 PM
From BBC Sport

Northern Ireland's Under-21 team earned a 1-0 win in their opening European Championship qualifier in Moldova.
Derby defender Chris Turner was the hero for Roy Millar's side after he turned in David Buchanan's left-wing cross in the third minute.

Northern Ireland goalkeeper Jonathan Tuffey produced three fine saves before half-time to keep his team ahead.

Moldova had most of the second-half possession but without really threatening to score.

Northern Ireland manager Roy Millar expressed delight with his side's performance after the game.

"I felt we won comfortably in the end. It was an excellent defensive performance especially after we scored," he said.

The Northern Ireland Under-21s take on Finland in August followed by games against Germany and Luxembourg in September.

sligoman
02/06/2007, 10:39 AM
Or maybe it's a sign that he's going back to the new Premiership team:(.

SRFCbrothelutd
15/06/2007, 5:55 PM
I hear Turner has left the club, he won,t be playing against Shams & its a 50/50 call for him between Bohemians & Burnely F.C. Was chatting to Foyser in town today said Rovers were getting £30k for him. I wish him luck just hope rovers have a sell on clause agreed with either club...

sligoman
15/06/2007, 5:58 PM
**** that if true. £30k, he's worth much more than that.

feo123
15/06/2007, 5:59 PM
he's gone to bohs and talk of faz goin with him

Fabrizio
15/06/2007, 6:28 PM
Turner signed a pre-contract with Bohs yesterday evening, he will sign for them at the end of the season, but my sources tell me that Cook is prepared to let him play in the Reserves and he wont be playing him in the first team again this season! Rovers will get €15k and another €15k when he plays a certain amount of games! - this is fact!

red bellied
15/06/2007, 6:35 PM
Thats frigging peanuts but what do you expect. If he is signing for Bohs, why not in the July transfer window? They are hardly stupid enough to be paying wages when he is in the under twenty ones till the end of season.

feo123
15/06/2007, 6:59 PM
just hope faz dosnt go with him.

sligoman
15/06/2007, 7:01 PM
just hope faz dosnt go with him.If we get any reasonable sort of money for Faz at all then I say we should sell.

SligoBrewer
15/06/2007, 7:19 PM
If we get any reasonable sort of money for Faz at all then I say we should sell.

eh.. no

Rovers1
15/06/2007, 9:27 PM
eh.. no

eh yes! if rovers get an offer during the transfer window, and its decent, and if Cook can get a better player,during the window, (striker or winger) then imo Rovers should sell Faz.

sligoman
15/06/2007, 9:30 PM
eh yes! if rovers get an offer during the transfer window, and its decent, and if Cook can get a better player,during the window, (striker or winger) then imo Rovers should sell Faz.Ignore Brewer, we all know he has a crush on Faz, he wouldn't like to see him move to Dublin as the relationship would break up:D.

Midgit
15/06/2007, 11:03 PM
Did Toolan mention this at the meeting? The selling of some of the players?

Certainly 30k for such a top quality player is way too little!

feo123
16/06/2007, 12:35 AM
i wouldnt want to sell faz, we cant just sell our best players just for money. we want to progress as a team...not just do things for money. thats not football!
what does it say to other teams that we'll just sell people for the right price, no matter how valuable they are to the club.
Faz has IMO prooved alot of his doubters wrong over the season so far, and it would be a big blow to everyone if he left aswell, just lettin sean connor think even more that we're a small club, smaller than him

Midgit
16/06/2007, 11:17 AM
Think of it this way..... If we had a good cup run this year we could bring in twice if not three times this amount of money (30k) for selling Turner.
The thing that should have been done was wait until after tonight. Should we beat Shams keep Turner for the rest of the season and let him go on a free if so he desires. Turner is our best player and he could have been the difference between us having a good cup run this year. But should we lose and get knocked out of the cup between now and the end of the transfer window then let him talk to other clubs and we would probably get the same amount for him.
That was the desision the board/manager should have gone with but i am sure there is a reason for him signing a contract at such a bad time. (there would ****n want to be...)

Rovers1
16/06/2007, 12:05 PM
hes leavimg in november afaik so he'll be here for our cup run (please god there will be one!)

gustavo
16/06/2007, 1:40 PM
i suppose if faz and chris arent playing tonight then we might aswell expect the worst cos if they do play they will be cuptied.

CharlesThompson
16/06/2007, 1:43 PM
Just wondering - if it's true he's signed a pre-contract with Bohs but isn't joining Bohs until the season finishes - why would Bohs be paying a transfer fee of any kind to Sligo? Surely if he's out of contract at the end of the season then he can go for free.

With him not playing against the filth tonight I'd be surprised that this isn't because Connor wants him available for our cup games this season. No?

avvenalaf
16/06/2007, 4:53 PM
A pre contract ????????? Get real. It's not Henry or Ronaldinho we have on our hands here. Pre contract ??????????? You lads are watching too much Sky.

cmak-88
16/06/2007, 5:02 PM
he is not playin tonight so he wont be cup tied when he joins bohs.

DmanDmythDledge
16/06/2007, 7:07 PM
Just wondering - if it's true he's signed a pre-contract with Bohs but isn't joining Bohs until the season finishes - why would Bohs be paying a transfer fee of any kind to Sligo? Surely if he's out of contract at the end of the season then he can go for free.
If a player has been at a club for 2 years and is under 24 and is offered a contract equal or greater than his previous one the club that he signs for has to pay compensation, which is set by arbitration if the clubs can not agree a fee.

gustavo
16/06/2007, 8:27 PM
what a crap player Faz is !MOTM tonight by all accounts

SligoBrewer
16/06/2007, 8:32 PM
what a crap player Faz is !MOTM tonight by all accounts

After 2 years, if Connor liked Faz so much, he could have had him for free at the end of last year. As soon as he's played in position and scores goals like there's no tomorrow, Connor's after him.

We all know Connor knows nothing about football but he wouldn't even do that.

btw. Well done Faz..aleays knew he had it in ye!:D

avvenalaf
16/06/2007, 10:10 PM
So Chris Turner is joining Blackie Connors and The Gypsies?. Good player but if he really believed in himself he would go across the pond. On the other hand, Quasimodo made have convinced him that he is going to get the Northern Ireland job and he will give him full caps.

gustavo
18/06/2007, 9:19 AM
Over on the Bohs forum one of the posters said this

In the Star today they've quoted Cook as saying that he's disappointed that Turner has signed a pre contract agreement with Bohs but has been delighted with his performances this season - or words to that effect.

Midgit
18/06/2007, 1:38 PM
SLIGO DEMAND BOHS COUGH UP

Chris Turner is on his way to bohs in next months transfer window but only if the Gypsies cough up £40,000 to Sligo Rovers.
The Northern Ireland Under-21 international was dropped from the Sligo side that defeated Shamerock Rovers 3-2 in FAI Ford Cup seacond round on saterday night.
Sligo boss Paul cook took the decision after learning that Turner had signed a pre-contract agreement with Bohs earlier last week.
Cook won't use the highly talented midfielder - whose showgrounds contract expires at the end of the season - because of the deal.
Cook is unhappy with Turner's actions. but he wishes him all the best in his future career.
"Chrissy has signed a pre-contract agreement with Bohs and i think he is entitled to do so," said Cook.
"I'm not going to speak too much about Chrissy because he has been absolutley fantastic since i came to the club."
"He let himself down a bit on Thursday by not keeping me informed of what was going on and signing a deal. For that reason we're leaving him out now.

Paul Lennon reports.

DmanDmythDledge
18/06/2007, 1:42 PM
Presumably Turner's contract expires at the end of the season. The only way he could have signed a contract for Bohs starting in July is if it has been allowed by Sligo, which it seemingly hasn't. Sligo should report Bohs for tapping up Turner.

passinginterest
18/06/2007, 1:48 PM
I believe Turner will also be Bohs highest paid player, some of the current players who are about to negotiate new contracts are very excited because his weekly wage will be the first to top €5,000 and they all want the same.

BohsPartisan
18/06/2007, 1:57 PM
Presumably Turner's contract expires at the end of the season. The only way he could have signed a contract for Bohs starting in July is if it has been allowed by Sligo, which it seemingly hasn't. Sligo should report Bohs for tapping up Turner.

Its not tapping up, we've signed him on a pre-contract for next season when he is a free agent. I believe there is compensation involved because of his age? Anyway I think the thrust of this is that Cook wants him to go to us in July so he can get a bit of extra cash to replace him rather than let him languish in the under 21s for the rest of the season.

DmanDmythDledge
18/06/2007, 2:04 PM
Its not tapping up, we've signed him on a pre-contract for next season when he is a free agent. I believe there is compensation involved because of his age? Anyway I think the thrust of this is that Cook wants him to go to us in July so he can get a bit of extra cash to replace him rather than let him languish in the under 21s for the rest of the season.
I read the piece again, I thought the first line meant he had signed for Bohs starting in July the first time I read it.

avvenalaf
18/06/2007, 2:35 PM
I believe Turner will also be Bohs highest paid player, some of the current players who are about to negotiate new contracts are very excited because his weekly wage will be the first to top €5,000 and they all want the same.

If this is true then we are really heading into lunacy territory. This league cannot possibly support this sort of thing and he definitely wouldn't get that kind of money in The Championship in UK. It's no length since Bohs couldn't pay 5k for the entire weeks wage bill. Seanie works wonders.

BohsPartisan
18/06/2007, 2:38 PM
I really doubt this is true and if it is there will be a lot of awkward questions for the board to answer very soon. No EL player should be on those wages. It would also be a massive leap from what any of the current squad are on so I really doubt its true.

Midgit
18/06/2007, 2:48 PM
Lads it was a Wexford Youths fan who posted that. In fairness how the hell would he know something like that and ye Bohs fans don't. Its obviously Bull....

red bellied
18/06/2007, 2:53 PM
Cookie offered Turner to extend his contract for another year at Rovers. A very good deal at that but if five grand a week is been talked about......

passinginterest
18/06/2007, 4:01 PM
Lads it was a Wexford Youths fan who posted that. In fairness how the hell would he know something like that and ye Bohs fans don't. Its obviously Bull....

It came from a current Bohs player who is very excited about his own contract talks.

Take it however you want but that's what he said.

Redzer
18/06/2007, 6:31 PM
Turner I understand turned down the biggest contract ever offered to a Sligo Rovers player, so I'd say Conner must have offered him the moon and stars.
Bohs are going down the lunacy route. But it shows once again Connor has no contacts or credability, all he can do is offer big bucks to former players.

Fivesilver
18/06/2007, 7:17 PM
If Turner's legally entitled to do that, then fair enough.
But there's a serious integrity issue if he didn't bother mentioning it to his manager - dead right to drop him in that case. Anyway, we won without him away from home in the Cup, and missing other key players, so he's definitely not indispensable.

That said, we're under no obligation to let him walk out for less than we believe he's worth (or the maximum we can possibly squeeze out of Bohs for him).
Then it's back to Gerry Cassidy's little black book, plus the fact that with Cookie's background he must have loads of contacts.

We could do very nicely out of this.

Only1Rovers
19/06/2007, 2:58 AM
Chrissy is one of the best talents in the league, if we let him go for €30k, which I saw mentioned on this forum then we're getting robbed!!!!

BohsPartisan
19/06/2007, 10:41 AM
It came from a current Bohs player who is very excited about his own contract talks.

Well he's definitely misinformed.

But it shows once again Connor has no contacts or credability, all he can do is offer big bucks to former players.

:rolleyes:

Brian Murphy (Swansea), Dean Pooley (Milwall), Owen Heary (Shels), Glen Crowe (Shels).
The fact that so many of his former players (who he obviously signed from somewhere originally) shoes that he has credibility, they've worked with him before and are willing to do so again. :p

red bellied
19/06/2007, 11:07 AM
Players like Turner and Faz have both come on leaps and bounds this season. No doubt they had the talent but this season we are finally seeing it. Add Peers, Hughes, Brush, Coleman and McKenzie to the list. Just on the footballing aspect its a bad move for Turner because the only time he will see the ball is when its flying over his head.

Probably being biased but the best football I have seen this season has come from Rovers. If the club were properly organised at the start of the season (manager and three or four decent signings) they wouldnt be too far from wining the league.