PDA

View Full Version : FAO Cork City Supporters

Pages : [1] 2

David
17/04/2007, 9:25 PM
If any of you are coming up to Belfast for the Setanta semi final, our supporters club would like to invite you for a beer or two before the game. You will have no problems whatsoever, ask the Drogs lads. If interested pm me or email me on davidt.browne@btinternet.com and we will sort something out.

Peadar
17/04/2007, 10:02 PM
David, thank you for your kind invitation.
Could you post it here... (http://www.ccfcforum.com/forum/index.php)
Only a small number of City fans are active on foot.ie
See you in a fortnight.

pete
17/04/2007, 10:24 PM

Just the cream of the crop. :cool:

I am sure we arrange some numbers for a couple of pints.

David
17/04/2007, 10:32 PM
See you in a fortnight.

Done. Look forward to enjoying a few drinks with you lads and playing Cork for the first time.

Risteard
18/04/2007, 12:33 AM
Cheers, David.
Am dying to sort out work commitments now for this as I've wanted a Linfield clash since the Setanta started.

Great to hear this offer, considering a few people might have apprehensions about heading up and hope to take ye up on it.

LeviathanNI
18/04/2007, 12:47 AM
Ask any of the other teams that have come up, I'm pretty sure all of them have had a good time. If any of you need a hand with arrangements or phone numbers, any of us on here will give you a hand.. and David's supporters club is legendary for its hospitality :D

Drogman.
18/04/2007, 8:20 AM
Lads, if you want a sample of what Davy and the Linfield lads can do, then check out the link below. This was from a couple of weeks ago.

Absolute top class lads up there. Last year and this year, hospitality and friendship outstanding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvoJe9F_srA

Dricky
18/04/2007, 8:30 AM
Really looking forward to the trip up. Top of my list of games I wanted this season.

GavinZac
18/04/2007, 8:35 AM
See you in a fortnight.

That being said, could you keep us updated on here too for those of us too simple to be on that board! ;)

charliesboots
18/04/2007, 9:25 AM
Will the same invitation apply to Pats fans for the final David?

Drogman.
18/04/2007, 9:27 AM

No cause you won't be there ;)

coislaoi
18/04/2007, 9:29 AM
No cause you won't be there ;)

You might be right and neither will Linfield.:p

michaelguineys
18/04/2007, 9:31 AM
Lads, if you want a sample of what Davy and the Linfield lads can do, then check out the link below. This was from a couple of weeks ago.

Absolute top class lads up there. Last year and this year, hospitality and friendship outstanding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvoJe9F_srA

Just watched that there, fantastic to see.
Fair play to all involved

galwayhoop
18/04/2007, 9:35 AM
as a matter of interest where is the final scheduled for?

razor
18/04/2007, 9:35 AM
Will the same invitation apply to Pats fans for the final David?It will of course, Pats fans are always welcome in Cork.

razor
18/04/2007, 9:36 AM
as a matter of interest where is the final scheduled for?Surely Cork, its been in Dubland the last 2 times.

holidaysong
18/04/2007, 9:38 AM
Surely Cork, its been in Dubland the last 2 times.

It can hardly be in Cork if it is between Linfield and Drogheda! If they have sense they will wait to see who is in the final before deciding. :)

charliesboots
18/04/2007, 9:56 AM
If (when) Linfield are in the final it will be in Windsor Park. If Cork make the final (unlikely) it will be in Tolka Park.

That was the plan anyway, northern team = Windsor final, no northern team = Tolka final

GavinZac
18/04/2007, 10:05 AM
If (when) Linfield are in the final it will be in Windsor Park. If Cork make the final (unlikely) it will be in Tolka Park.

That was the plan anyway, northern team = Windsor final, no northern team = Tolka final

why tolka? its a ****hole, and the pitch is probably rubbish at this time of year. turners cross is a better stadium.

BohsPartisan
18/04/2007, 10:10 AM
why tolka? its a ****hole, and the pitch is probably rubbish at this time of year. turners cross is a better stadium.

Anti-Cork Conspiracy. :D

coislaoi
18/04/2007, 10:11 AM

If (when) Linfield are in the final it will be in Windsor Park. If Cork City (likely) and Pats make the final (unlikely), it will be in Tolka Park.:p

charliesboots
18/04/2007, 10:17 AM

Why should Drogheda or Pats have to travel all the way to Cork for the final when it can be played in Tolka which is far more convenient for them?

michaelguineys
18/04/2007, 10:21 AM
Why should Drogheda or Pats have to travel all the way to Cork for the final when it can be played in Tolka which is far more convenient for them?

Why should city travel to Dublin for every final we have ever been in?
Six of one.........

GavinZac
18/04/2007, 10:21 AM

Why should Cork have to travel all the way to Dublin for the final when it can be played in Turners Cross which is far more convenient for them?

Dodge
18/04/2007, 10:23 AM
I'm fairly sure its in the rules that the final is to be played in Dublin if 2 southern teams play, in Belfast if 2 Northern teams, and to be rotated between Dublin and Belfast if one from either league. Last North/South game was in Dublin so next one is in Windsor.

BohsPartisan
18/04/2007, 10:23 AM
Why should Cork have to travel all the way to Dublin for the final when it can be played in Turners Cross which is far more convenient for them?

Because no one likes ye. :p

charliesboots
18/04/2007, 10:33 AM

Why should city travel to Dublin for every final we have ever been in?
Six of one.........

Doesn't take much for you to bite does it? :D

coislaoi
18/04/2007, 10:36 AM
I'm fairly sure its in the rules that the final is to be played in Dublin if 2 southern teams play, in Belfast if 2 Northern teams, and to be rotated between Dublin and Belfast if one from either league. Last North/South game was in Dublin so next one is in Windsor.

I don't think there are any hard and fast rules on this. The Setanta organising committee seems to be flexible in terms of potential arrangements. Why should a hypothetical final betwen Cork City and Pats/Drogs be played in Dublin rather than Cork? We played the Drogs in the final in Tolka last year.

charliesboots
18/04/2007, 10:38 AM
I don't think there are any hard and fast rules on this. The Setanta organising committee seems to be flexible in terms of potential arrangements. Why should a hypothetical final betwen Cork City and Pats/Drogs be played in Dublin rather than Cork? We played the Drogs in the final in Tolka last year.

If Cork make the final then the neutral venue point should be made. If Linfield make the final then its only fair that the north get to host a final.

Dodge
18/04/2007, 10:39 AM
I think it is a rule. Seriously, not trying to wind you up or anything. I think it actually stated Tolka Park too but not 100% on that.

Its fairly obvious why the capital plays host to the finals of various cups.

razor
18/04/2007, 10:40 AM
I think a final with City played in Turners Cross would certainly guarantee a bigger crowd than a Tolka final versus either Pats or Drogs.

Drogman.
18/04/2007, 10:47 AM
I think a final with City played in Turners Cross would certainly guarantee a bigger crowd than a Tolka final versus either Pats or Drogs.

Well yes that would be right, but Cork is not the nations capital and going with protocol then the games should be played in either Dublin or Belfast, depending on the circumstances.

Anyway, we'll win it no matter where the game is played ;)

coislaoi
18/04/2007, 11:35 AM
If Cork make the final then the neutral venue point should be made. If Linfield make the final then its only fair that the north get to host a final.

Agreed.:eek:

Risteard
18/04/2007, 11:38 AM
Is that you talking in the video David?

Half-thinking now about going up and down on the night which could mean arriving home at 6am for work in the case of penalties and some middle-of-the-night chips in Urlingford.

pete
18/04/2007, 12:19 PM
The Dublin bias knows no limits. Sure Pats were only invited as no Dublin teams had qualified & Setanta need a dublin team.

Dodge
18/04/2007, 12:26 PM
Of course. They've been proved right too

Dr.Nightdub
18/04/2007, 12:26 PM
Shhh, don't tell the Sligo lads.

GavinZac
18/04/2007, 1:02 PM

neutral eh? station road isnt really up to hosting a major event.

RedX
18/04/2007, 1:07 PM
Because no one likes ye. :p

Thats rich coming from a Bohs fan...;)

Anyway back to non-childish matters...i am really looking forward to the trip David...its about time the two biggest clubs on this island met :)

SÓC
18/04/2007, 1:12 PM
They should get onto the MFA, they could used their stadium as a netural venue.

City have done that in the past!!

Best we do our best and try to get the final first!!

David
18/04/2007, 1:25 PM

If it is a Linfield Pats final then yes. We now try to do this with any team we play from over the border. Don't take this personally though but I am hoping for a Linfield Drogheda final. Have now had three superb days out with the Drogs lads and some real good friends down there.

David
18/04/2007, 1:27 PM
Is that you talking in the video David?

Yes it is mate.

Risteard
18/04/2007, 3:52 PM
Fair play.
Imagine that took a bit of preparation.
Are you chairman of a supporters club, ya?

David
18/04/2007, 4:20 PM
Fair play.
Imagine that took a bit of preparation.
Are you chairman of a supporters club, ya?

Secretary.

kdjaC
18/04/2007, 4:47 PM
So pats cork final then played behind the chipper in Urlingford (mega burger is lovely there), i hope it is anyway :D

kdjac

GavinZac
18/04/2007, 4:50 PM
So pats cork final then played behind the chipper in Urlingford (mega burger is lovely there), i hope it is anyway :D

kdjac

We'll give you the slight advantage and play it on the green outside the chipper in durrow :p

pete
18/04/2007, 6:15 PM
Cork City Exiles are trying to organise a bus from Dublin for this game. See Announcement in City section of this website. Need confirmed numbers asap.

:cool:

ccfcgirl
18/04/2007, 7:29 PM
Fair play David....Im realy looking forward to this trip ,first time Linfield vs Cork City play each other so a bit of history in the making ..

Peadar
18/04/2007, 8:35 PM
Cork City Exiles are trying to organise a bus from Dublin for this game. See Announcement in City section of this website. Need confirmed numbers asap.

:cool:

If the club can organise transport, we'll probably join them.

BohsPartisan
19/04/2007, 8:17 AM
Only thing about the meet up is someones going to need a translator!