PDA

View Full Version : Galway

centre mid
12/04/2007, 6:01 PM
Going to Galway next weekend, havent been there for about 3-4 years, anything i should be made aware of ( apart from the water! ) ?, is the little Indian across from Jury's still there

Paddyfield
12/04/2007, 9:02 PM
Going to Galway next weekend, havent been there for about 3-4 years, anything i should be made aware of ( apart from the water! ) ?, is the little Indian across from Jury's still there

The little Indian is there but under different ownership so it may not be the same. There's a brilliant Thai restaurant called the Thai Garden across the street from the Indian one which is simply excellent. I go there with the missus any time we get a babysitter...in fact, we were there last week!!!!.

Rest the PDF version of the Galway Advertiser before you get here www.galwayadvertiser.ie for entertainment etc.

It depends on the occassion I suppose (stag? roamance? kids? adultry?) but there's always something to do in Galway. Most pubs are importing ice from outside the region during this water crisis so your G&T will not be affected; and all hotels are providing bottled water for brushing teeth.

If you are really bored, you could go to Terryland. But only if you are bored!

centre mid
13/04/2007, 12:56 PM
Cheers Paddyfield

Its next weekend so I'll miss the Terryland experience, is there any dogs on next friday, I'll bring the misses to them.

Newryrep
13/04/2007, 1:11 PM
First time in Galway over for a wedding

Dont jump in a taxi with a same sex friend and tell the taxi driver to take you somewhere where there is a bit of craic

We only twigged when i noticed that the blonde girl i was trying to chat up showed no interest (no surprise there) was holding her girlfriends hand in a more than friendly way. !!!!

It was either a gay bar in Salthill or a gay night at a bar in Salthill.

MyTown
13/04/2007, 1:25 PM
Yep - The dogs are on on Friday night while we're in Dalyer - & Saturday too!

Paddyfields link above is a good one. What an ambassador!

centre mid
13/04/2007, 2:15 PM
Cheers lads

paul_oshea
13/04/2007, 2:55 PM
galway is an aswful distance to be going, would ye not think of somewhere closer :D

centre mid
13/04/2007, 3:33 PM
I'd prefer to be going to liverpool but its the misus who booked it