PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Burger...

Pages : [1] 2

joeSoap
04/04/2007, 10:39 AM
Big Mac, Whopper, Eddie Rockets, Quarter pounder down the local chipper?? For me, the best are my ma's that she makes with fresh mincemeat, onions, cheddar cheese and some type of relish she buys in Tesco's. She mixes the onion through the mincemeat...pure quality.

The reason I'm bringing this up is that I read an article in FHM about how to make the worlds best burger.

Apart from my ma's, if I had to buy one, I suppose a Burger King whopper is the best, although I love those gherkins you get in McDonalds.....

Soper
04/04/2007, 11:02 AM
You've made me want a burger now! (Meat free of course)

passinginterest
04/04/2007, 11:05 AM
Bacon Double cheeseburger from BK.
Double quater pounder with cheese from MacD's (without the disgusting ghurkins)
A good 1/4 with cheese from a good chipper (Mizzoni Harold's Cross or Borza Tallaght Village excellent examples) all you need is cheese, lettuce, onion, mayo and ketchup, maybe a tiny bit of mustard if your feeling crazy.

Never a big fan of homemade burgers but I could be tempted.

Now starving and manky sandwich at lunchtime not very tempting... :(

noby
04/04/2007, 11:10 AM
Never a big fan of homemade burgers but I could be tempted.

Mincemeat, red onion, cumin, coriander, breadcrumbs, egg. Simple as.

A local one here: 1/2 pounder special with bacon cheese and egg.
To die for, or after.

superfrank
04/04/2007, 11:38 AM
Uncle Sam Special from Macaris here in Bray. Gorgeous.

I always thoight the burgers in Eddie Rockets, like everything there, were overpriced.

Risteard
04/04/2007, 11:43 AM
Spicy Mexican Chilli Burger from some hippys stand at Oxegen.

fosterdollar
04/04/2007, 11:54 AM
Rick's on Dame Street. You will not get a better burger. Also think the Empty Pockets ones are nice even if a little expensive.

superfrank
04/04/2007, 11:55 AM
Also think the Empty Pockets ones are nice even if a little expensive.
See I didn't think they were actually that good, especially for the prcie you pay.

Wolfie
04/04/2007, 12:01 PM
Jaysus - I'm bloody starvin now.

If I had to buy one - Bacon Double Cheese XL (BurgerKing).

Block G Raptor
04/04/2007, 12:04 PM
My own speiciality(I call it "The Colon Buster") Double Quarter 2 easy singles two fried eggs chilli sauce and chutney(Kamikaze Hot with a fire extinguisher on stand by) I got the recipe in a book on biological warfare

The new XL Triple Whopper is pretty lush too. Infact think I'll take a dander to o'connell st now and pick one up

Wolfie
04/04/2007, 12:08 PM
Infact think I'll take a dander to o'connell st now and pick one up

Why do you mock me lord!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

RonnieB
04/04/2007, 12:19 PM
The best burgers I ever consumed were from http://www.fergburger.com/ in Queenstown in New Zealand. Hell id almost move back just to have one! The bambi burger was truely gorgeous!

Ash
04/04/2007, 12:32 PM
Rick's on Dame Street. You will not get a better burger.

I've been there once or twice and thought the food was shyte!

Wolfie
04/04/2007, 12:49 PM
The bambi burger was truely gorgeous!

Baby Deer? That's the end of Hollywoods plans for Bambi 2.

passinginterest
04/04/2007, 12:55 PM
SO all the burger talk made me walk from Earlsfort Centre to Baggott St for my lunch.

Went into BK and ordered a Bacon Double cheeseburger, decided not to go for XL seein as it's lunch time.

Must say it was delicious as ever BUT either my hands have grown or the burger is after shrinking dramatically. Seriously it was more like a mini burger.
Maybe I've just been ordering the XL lately and it just seemed smaller but I'm not convinced.

Honey I think BK have shrunk their burgers!

Block G Raptor
04/04/2007, 1:18 PM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm that was good. XL triple whopper w/Cheese no tomato extra pickle add bacon
nearly as good as "The Colon Buster" I designed myself (see above)

hoops1
04/04/2007, 1:41 PM
Hairy Burger.

the 12 th man
04/04/2007, 2:07 PM
I always thought the burgers in Eddie Rockets, like everything there, were overpriced.

No taste either imo.

pete
04/04/2007, 4:35 PM
Eddie Rockets is very pricey for what is basically upmarket MacDonalds.

I never buy burgers in the supermarket. I've heard how the frozen burgers made & never buy now.

Just make my own with mince meat. The better the meat the better the burger so could go for steak mince if want to splash out. I don't like Tesco mince meat & prefer Superquinns. Tried baps instead of burger buns recently & good improvement.

strangeirish
04/04/2007, 4:49 PM
Did I hear ye say Burger (http://members.aol.com/mephist/images/burger.jpg)? Oh and BTW, it's real (http://tarapfeifer.com/albums/stuff/burger_copy.jpg).

Mad Moose
04/04/2007, 4:53 PM
Ya did Strange Irish and I really want one now. But I would go with the homemade version or the minced meat burgers from the buthers with onion through or fry some onions with the burger and some relish and sesame seed buns.

I have to have a burger for tea this evening.

pete
04/04/2007, 4:55 PM
Did I hear ye say Burger (http://members.aol.com/mephist/images/burger.jpg)?

Always surprised me that would have medium rare burgers in the US. Burgers have to be cooked right through otherwise asking for e-coli infection.

:confused:

Fast Food Nation (http://books.google.ie/books?id=yNFN1OpnkBkC&dq=fast+food+nation&pg=PP1&ots=l_khvvav06&sig=EBNA70qDxEG1XvSee0dV73lNQKc&prev=http://www.google.ie/search%3Fhl%3Den%26q%3Dfast%2Bfood%2Bnation%26btnG %3DGoogle%2BSearch%26meta%3D&sa=X&oi=print&ct=title)

strangeirish
04/04/2007, 4:58 PM
Always surprised me that would have medium rare burgers in the US. Burgers have to be cooked right through otherwise asking for e-coli infection.

Not for me. I like mine well done.

Mad Moose
04/04/2007, 5:03 PM

:confused:

With a minced meat product yes. I have however eaten minced meat rare. It wasn't my intention to do so but I hadn't cooked it properly. Its a chance to take though. I've never gotten minced meat cooked rare while I was out.

pete
04/04/2007, 5:04 PM
With a minced meat product yes.

I think all burgers are minced otherwise would be steak in a bun :D

strangeirish
04/04/2007, 5:22 PM
This place is great (http://youtube.com/watch?v=O9N4Y1DpTxs&mode=related&search=). Silly what the State is trying to do though.

pete
04/04/2007, 5:36 PM
Silly what the State is trying to do though.

Stereotypical US PC rubbish.

Those burgers are nuts but at least the place is honest that not healthy for you as opposed to people like MacDonalds.

Dun Laoire
04/04/2007, 6:05 PM
My own speiciality(I call it "The Colon Buster") Double Quarter 2 easy singles two fried eggs chilli sauce and chutney(Kamikaze Hot with a fire extinguisher on stand by) I got the recipe in a book on biological warfare

Does that burger come with a pair of stainless steel cacks?

sligoman
04/04/2007, 10:28 PM
Big 4 from 4 Lanterns:cool:.

kev mcq
05/04/2007, 1:57 AM
Eddie Rockets is very pricey for what is basically upmarket MacDonalds.

I never buy burgers in the supermarket. I've heard how the frozen burgers made & never buy now.
Just make my own with mince meat. The better the meat the better the burger so could go for steak mince if want to splash out. I don't like Tesco mince meat & prefer Superquinns. Tried baps instead of burger buns recently & good improvement.

I used to work in a burger factory and there's atually nothing wrong with frozen burgers. You basically get what you pay for, buy tesco economy for example and they're ****, while tesco finest are very good quality burgers. We also did whoppers, nice!:cool:

Block G Raptor
05/04/2007, 9:34 AM
Does that burger come with a pair of stainless steel cacks?

The Stainless Steel Cacks are optional but seen's as I have a cast iron stomach I've never needed them

pineapple stu
05/04/2007, 12:41 PM
Can't believe people are mentioned Burger King and McDonald's here! What are people thinking?! God food poisoning for two weeks after eating in Burger King, which was at the same time I was reading "Fast Food Nation", so tend to give those a wide berth now!

Nothing wrong with homemade, or even freeze-pack burgers (preferably barbequed, I think). If you want to get disgusted at how everything you eat is made, you'll probably end up starving. (Yes, I'm aware of the irony of not eating McDonald's or Burger King because of the same reason, so don't bother pointing that out. :))

DmanDmythDledge
05/04/2007, 12:51 PM
Eddie Rockets is lovely but expensive. Usually have homemade burgers with superquinn mince and I find it to be nice. Best burger I've ever had was in some steakhouse in America whose name I can't remember.

Also I find putting a bit of cajun on your burger makes it really tasty. Anyone else use it?

Docboy
05/04/2007, 5:43 PM
The best burgers I ever consumed were from http://www.fergburger.com/ in Queenstown in New Zealand. Hell id almost move back just to have one! The bambi burger was truely gorgeous!

Yep my sis lives there, well worth the $8.

RonnieB
06/04/2007, 8:57 AM
Wonder how posting them over would work :D

Raheny Red
07/04/2007, 3:07 PM
Dino's burgers around the corner from Turner's Cross are the best I ever had ;)

Also, Big Al buuuuurgers are lovely! :cool:

GavinZac
07/04/2007, 4:08 PM
BK's Angus 3 Pepper Steak Burger.

I get cravings.

sligoman
07/04/2007, 5:09 PM
Was in TGI Fridays in Madrid. Lovely burgers there too.

pineapple stu
07/04/2007, 6:06 PM
Seriously - you went all the way to Madrid to have a burger in TGIs?

steno
07/04/2007, 6:45 PM
Big 4 from 4 Lanterns:cool:.

4 lanterns is good

Have to say was a fan of the King Dino meal from Dinos when I lived down in Cork.

sligoman
09/04/2007, 4:56 PM
Seriously - you went all the way to Madrid to have a burger in TGIs?Yeah I did, well worth the trip;).

SligoBrewer
09/04/2007, 5:01 PM
gotta love a big 4.

that and a dbl burger from borzas in sligo.. yum!

pete
09/04/2007, 10:24 PM
Was in TGI Fridays in Madrid. Lovely burgers there too.

How was the Madrid Big Mac?

sligoman
09/04/2007, 10:30 PM
How was the Madrid Big Mac?Not as good as the Sligo one.

joeSoap
10/04/2007, 10:57 AM
Can anyone answer me this? Whats a 'Whirley Burger'? I've seen these in a few chippers (in Dublin only mind you) and am curious.

fosterdollar
10/04/2007, 12:23 PM
For outside Ireland Hoghead McDunna's was nicest i've had. It's in Chicago. website (http://www.mcdunnas.com/main.asp) not so good though

really don't get the popularity with McD's/BK/etc. No substance to them at all IMO

joeSoap
11/04/2007, 10:11 AM
Can anyone answer me this? Whats a 'Whirley Burger'? I've seen these in a few chippers (in Dublin only mind you) and am curious.

Anyone??

passinginterest
11/04/2007, 10:18 AM
I'd love to see an answer to that one too. I think it may have a fried egg involved?
That's my reason for never ordering one anyway, I don't eat eggs!

the 12 th man
11/04/2007, 10:20 AM
Anyone??

I think its a burger with a lot of salad as dressing as opposed to just the usual sprinkle of onions.

ForzaWexford
11/04/2007, 10:38 AM
Chipper in Wexford has them too, never ordered one but I've always thought it's just another name for a battered burger. Not sure why though. Could be miles off!