PDA

View Full Version : Farrelly and Healy Hearings Rejected by FIFA

Pages : [1] 2

Mr A
02/04/2007, 10:56 PM
...according to EL weekly!

adamcarr
02/04/2007, 11:02 PM
Both had their appeals to FIFA rejected tonight. What an absolute joke! The Mascherano case was cited by CCFC in the appeal, he was obviously on a lucrative deal with West Ham but got his move while both Healy & Farrelly were unemployed when we signed them. The 3 club rule is a joke and breaks EU legislation and if the FAI have any balls they will pardon CCFC to play the two players! What a shambles!

OneRedArmy
02/04/2007, 11:06 PM
With the benefit of hindsight should you have let the FAI argue your case rather than take it on yourself?

Whys should the FAI pardon you when they took other players cases to UEFA for decision and those players got cleared?

Also, the restriction of trade is only alleged, someone has to take it to the European Court to prove it( a la Bosman). Are your pockets that deep?

TheBoss
02/04/2007, 11:15 PM
Cork knew this when they got the players, no need to blame FIFA.

adamcarr
02/04/2007, 11:20 PM
Sure FIFA are angewls, Healy for example is supposedl on a pay-per-play deal with a small basic package and a large amount for every appearance, FIFA are blocking him from taking in a proper full time income. Whereas Mascherano was probably on Stg50,000+ a week at West Ham but wasn't getting a game so FIFA pardoned him. They are hypocrites and a complete bunch of muppets!

A face
02/04/2007, 11:39 PM

TheBoss, come off the stage man.

harpskid
02/04/2007, 11:39 PM
Cork are the muppets for taking the case on themselves. Why not let the FAI fight your corner from day one?

TheBoss
02/04/2007, 11:40 PM
TheBoss, come off the stage man.

Too steep to come down ;)

DmanDmythDledge
02/04/2007, 11:44 PM
FIFA made an exception for all the other players when it seemed more logical that Cork had more of a reason for their players, plus they made an exception for Mascherano which was similar to their cases. Cork have every reason to feel angered and shafted.

Dyl10
02/04/2007, 11:52 PM
I don't really care if specifically Cork got the players or not, IMO the bigger problem lies in the fact that the league is losing two quality players:ball:

Dodge
03/04/2007, 12:20 AM
Looks to me like Cork fecked up. The FAI handled the case for the other 9 players (all cleared) but Cork went alone.

Anyone know why?

Mr A
03/04/2007, 12:25 AM
Was Hynes cleared for Derry?

Risteard
03/04/2007, 12:33 AM
RRS.:confused: :( :o
Probably because City had already started a week or so beforehand.
Not fully sure what kind of cooperation there was between City and FAI.

Risteard
03/04/2007, 12:44 AM
Rock Solid.
My ass is hurting me like.
Shafted real hard.

Mr A
03/04/2007, 12:45 AM
Rock Solid.
My ass is hurting me like.
Shafted real hard.

Cork City- ridden rock solid by Zurich.

GavinZac
03/04/2007, 8:04 AM
Possible scenarios now:
a) Nothing happens. We wait until July, having paid the players for 5 months to do nothing, georgie style.
b) city terminate one or other or both of their contracts due to contractual frustration.
c) healy or farrelly take the case to the EU, like jon bosman.
d) the fai grow a pair and get this sorted.

razor
03/04/2007, 8:11 AM
Looks to me like Cork fecked up. The FAI handled the case for the other 9 players (all cleared) but Cork went alone.

Anyone know why?Dunno could it have been that the cases the FAI were handling were all players who were playing within this country as opposed to our 2 who played in the UK, maybe a different tact was required?

Sick to my stomach either way.
Roy was right.

charliesboots
03/04/2007, 8:11 AM
There must be a right of a appeal. Court of Arbitration for Sport?

Hilariously funny though.

BohsPartisan
03/04/2007, 8:18 AM
Farrelly will be delighted, he gets paid for nothing.

GuisaSaigon
03/04/2007, 8:47 AM
It's a disgrace, the FAI have to get involved and put pressure on FIFA. One rule for rich clubs another for Irish clubs, Cork really are being ridden rock solid.

greenandwhite
03/04/2007, 9:05 AM
I am sick to death of cork whinging!!
why not get sir roy to fix it? The FAI offered to help all the clubs in the same boat, cork as usual feel they are better than anyone else in the country and dont need help so went their own way, made an a*se of it and now are blaming everyone else. I am only waiting for sir roy to jump on this band wagon and find a way to blame the fai as well.

No doubt the FAI will take the case now on corks behalf so stop whinging and get on with things

monutdfc
03/04/2007, 9:34 AM
Dunno could it have been that the cases the FAI were handling were all players who were playing within this country as opposed to our 2 who played in the UK, maybe a different tact was required?

Hynes played in the UK (Newry City) (Yes, yes, same island blah blah, but as far as FIFA are concerned what should be the difference between him playing for Dundalk - Newry - Derry and Farrelly playing for Bohs - Blackpool - Cork?)

finnpark
03/04/2007, 9:43 AM
breaks EU legislation

It certainly does. A court case is immenent but it should be the FAI that takes it to sort this out once and for all. City should be allowed to play the players in Ireland.

Bray Head
03/04/2007, 9:58 AM
Finland's FA ignored the whole rule as they play summer football and seem to have had no sanctions from UEFA. Maybe the FAI should have followed them. UEFA should have allowed the players to play in the Eircom League and earn a living but blocked them from playing in Europe for Cork. That would have been a better compromise.

charliesboots
03/04/2007, 10:19 AM
I think that in Farrelly's case it should have been expected. He played in the eircom league last season, went off and played in England during the off season and now is coming back to play in the eircom league for the new season.

It may not be legal but its exactly what FIFA were trying to stop.

Dyl10
03/04/2007, 10:24 AM
Maybe there's an anti Cork bias in FIFA :D

razor
03/04/2007, 11:42 AM
Why didn't they let the FAI handle it in the first place like every other club.?? Now when it doesn't work out for them it's everyone elses fault?? :rolleyes:
I personally don't know who handled it.
All the talk on our own forum is that City were going to go through with it on their own but were advised by the FAI to let them handle a combined effort which they duly did.
So was it City solo or was it the FAI?, answers on lighted petrol bomb to FIFA HQ (Maxi need not apply)

pete
03/04/2007, 12:16 PM
City took the cases themselves because the FAI originally did nothing. I believe the FAI were at least 2 weeks behind the City cases.

I believe we were correct to try improve our team & league with quality players.

FIFA either have a rule or they don't. How can they make exceptions for some players & not others?

There is no doubt that the rule wouldn't stand a chance in the EU courts but don't think we have the time or resources to pursue this.

I bet there are hundreds if not thousands of players who have ignored this rule every season throughout europe - pity the FAI couldn't do the same.

paudie
03/04/2007, 12:16 PM
Ballax!!

Why didn't they let the FAI handle it in the first place like every other club.?? Now when it doesn't work out for them it's everyone elses fault?? :rolleyes:

Tough **** cork

All the FAI and Cork City press releases I've seen indicated that the FAI were handling all 10 cases, including Healy & Farelly. So Ballax yourself!!!

Per the City website our solicitor is looking at the FIFA ruling. The main thing at the moment is to see how our case is different from the other FAI cases and Mascherano.

pineapple stu
03/04/2007, 12:25 PM
I believe the FAI were at least 2 weeks behind the City cases.
How did the Cork cases get sorted last then?

Vitruvian Man
03/04/2007, 12:38 PM
Farrelly will be delighted, he gets paid for nothing.

Again.

I'm gutted by this. I was really looking forward to welcoming the spoofer back to Dalymount.

To be honest as far as Farrelly is concerned anyway it's a blessing in disguise for Cork.

jebus
03/04/2007, 12:57 PM
All the FAI and Cork City press releases I've seen indicated that the FAI were handling all 10 cases, including Healy & Farelly. So Ballax yourself!!!

Per the City website our solicitor is looking at the FIFA ruling. The main thing at the moment is to see how our case is different from the other FAI cases and Mascherano.

So what actually happened lads, did Cork take on FIFA themselves, or be sensible and allow help from Dublin for once? Since the FAI cases all came out favourable and on time I'll assume that Cork decided to go it alone, which leads me to say......

tough ****! The club went against a FIFA law, asked them to turn a blind eye and on this case FIFA didn't. No use whinging about Liverpool, FIFA and the FAI, you lot should be whinging about how your case wasn't as good as the ones put forward by Liverpool, the FAI and whoever else has gone against this rule.

Lim till i die
03/04/2007, 1:02 PM
I believe we were correct to try improve our team & league with quality players.

Surely you don't mean Healy and Farrelly :eek: :D

Shelsman
03/04/2007, 1:07 PM
I think that in Farrelly's case it should have been expected. He played in the eircom league last season, went off and played in England during the off season and now is coming back to play in the eircom league for the new season.

It may not be legal but its exactly what FIFA were trying to stop.

FIFA didn't block the Mascherano transfer because they knew Liverpool have the financial means to fight any other decision, Cork on the other have don't. Mascherano's move was a much higher profile case as well. Ultimately, they want this rule in place, even though it contravene's European Law, so they want to be able to say 'No' to someone and the best clubs to say 'No' to are the ones who can't afford to fight back....the W@nkers.

jebus
03/04/2007, 1:11 PM
FIFA didn't block the Mascherano transfer because they knew Liverpool have the financial means to fight any other decision, Cork on the other have don't. Mascherano's move was a much higher profile case as well. Ultimately, they want this rule in place, even though it contravene's European Law, so they want to be able to say 'No' to someone and the best clubs to say 'No' to are the ones who can't afford to fight back....the W@nkers.

Sure where's Cork's rebel spirit in all this? Surely they could set up their own independent football organisation down there, cut themselves off from the rest of us, and crack unfunny in-jokes about how they're the real FIFA for the next few decades ;)

coislaoi
03/04/2007, 2:38 PM
I am sick to death of cork whinging!!
why not get sir roy to fix it? The FAI offered to help all the clubs in the same boat, cork as usual feel they are better than anyone else in the country and dont need help so went their own way, made an a*se of it and now are blaming everyone else. I am only waiting for sir roy to jump on this band wagon and find a way to blame the fai as well.

No doubt the FAI will take the case now on corks behalf so stop whinging and get on with things

Blah, blah, blah....A piece of advice for you my green and white friend. If you don't have anything constructive to add to a debate then don't say anything at all.

pete
03/04/2007, 3:08 PM
Sure where's Cork's rebel spirit in all this? Surely they could set up their own independent football organisation down there, cut themselves off from the rest of us, and crack unfunny in-jokes about how they're the real FIFA for the next few decades ;)

I am sorry that our club tried to add better players to the league. :rolleyes:

Philly
03/04/2007, 6:33 PM
So what now? Appeal? Release them?

A face
03/04/2007, 6:48 PM
So what now? Appeal? Release them?

I'd like to see the club take it beyond this stupid rule and contest it in a court of law. No matter what anyone says, its unlawful to stop someone from working and they should be brought to book for it.

Celdrog
03/04/2007, 7:03 PM
I'd like to see the club take it beyond this stupid rule and contest it in a court of law. No matter what anyone says, its unlawful to stop someone from working and they should be brought to book for it.
But they are not being stopped from working. They are still picking up their wage packets. If Cork want to sign players that cannot play competitively until July then that's their perogative. FIFA also have a rule that a red card for violent conduct means you cannot play for three games. Appeal that the next time Gamble has a rush of blood and "cannot work".
Cork must have done something different in the appeal to the ones the FAI handled.
Although its a silly rule and FIFA should let them play its hilarious from a Drogs viewpoint given their vitriol against us. First King George sits in stnads picking up a huge wage for months and now Farrelly and Healy do the same. Keep it going Rico - the Ricky Gervais of the EL:D

kdjaC
03/04/2007, 7:05 PM
The rule is there for a reason and works if all leagues are in same season but the EL isnt, that to me suggest its wrong.

While i agree with the rule for leagues in the same season , we should be exempt from it.

And ridden rock solid never gets old.

kdjac

paudie
03/04/2007, 7:32 PM
But they are not being stopped from working. They are still picking up their wage packets.

The point long term (even if the 2 players can't play till July) is that it cannot be legal under EU law for players who are not under contract to be prevented from signing a contract with another club.

This rule will have to be changed eventually, even if it is too late for City.

jebus
04/04/2007, 10:28 AM
I am sorry that our club tried to add better players to the league. :rolleyes:

Again are we not talking about Colin 'Not even League 2 clubs will touch me' Healy and Gareth 'I was once in a Premier League sticker album don't you know' Farrelly. That's beside the point anyway, Cork went it alone, took on FIFA and lost, end of story

so much anti Cork through the thread.In every country there is a region that excels, in Ireland that happens to be Cork...get over it, move on, etc etc

Jesus and to think I have to put with this attitude day in, day out. Almost makes me hope the global warming doom merchants are right and Cork is buried under a sea of melted polar icecaps ;)

razor
04/04/2007, 11:10 AM
Hynes played in the UK (Newry City) (Yes, yes, same island blah blah, but as far as FIFA are concerned what should be the difference between him playing for Dundalk - Newry - Derry and Farrelly playing for Bohs - Blackpool - Cork?)In speaking with Derry fans this morning it looks like Hynes isn't cleared either, so this could very well be the case.

Celdrog
04/04/2007, 11:31 AM
it cannot be legal under EU law for players who are not under contract to be prevented from signing a contract with another club.

They were not prevented from signing a contract. They both have two year deals (afaik) with Cork and are earning a wage. Nothing wrong there under EU law or Irish employment law.
Can Cork fans not understand that these guys are earning (a very) nice wage at the moment.
If we follow your logic then it was illegal for Cork not to play Georgie last season. He wasn't allowed the chance to earn appearance money, bonuses etc becasue the manager refused to play him. Maybe the EU will take Cork to court. :rolleyes:

Having said all that its still a very strange rule but Healy and Farrelly's contracts with their previous clubs were up to the summer transfer window so either way they would be getting wages. Am I right here?

Also have Cork divulged why they were refused permission to play? It would help to clear up the confusion.

DannyInvincible
04/04/2007, 12:48 PM
Wouldn't it have made more sense to allow those who crossed jurisdictions to play? Is the purpose behind the ruling not, in essence, to prevent players from playing with more than two clubs within the one season of one jurisdiction, or at least within the one season of those jurisdictions that operate a Winter schedule?

Shaun Holmes was cleared to play even though he crossed jurisdictions - he is now at Finn Harps, having moved from Derry, whom he joined from Glentoran. Why is his case any different from Hynes'?

Something doesn't add up.

Lim till i die
04/04/2007, 1:26 PM
I am sorry that our club tried to add better players to the league.

LMAO :D :D :D

passerrby
04/04/2007, 1:38 PM
Cork you go it wrong well done all at the FAI or the way in which they handled the matter. first class leadership long may it last

Mr A
04/04/2007, 1:57 PM
Shaun Holmes was cleared to play even though he crossed jurisdictions - he is now at Finn Harps, having moved from Derry, whom he joined from Glentoran. Why is his case any different from Hynes'?

For one thing I'm not sure Hynes has been cleared and the two cases are very different. Holmes contract with Glentoran ended in the close season, and he had spent the last part of that contract on loan at Derry City, he had played only one match for Glentoran since July, and that right at the start. Hynes meanwhile moved from Dundalk to Newry- where he had a contract until this summer- and then on to Derry City, so there's no question of denying him the right to earn a living- it appears to be exactly the sort of thing FIFA are trying to stop.

headtheball
04/04/2007, 4:19 PM
http://www.derrycityfc.net/season/07/news/....php?storyid=74

Hynds has been cleared today to play for us today.

Absolutely disgraceful for Fifa to continue with this rule as surely no court in any EU country would deny EU citizen's the right to work and earn a living for their families.