PDA

View Full Version : Strategy Director to leave FAI

A face
13/03/2007, 9:07 PM
Strategy Director to leave FAI

Declan Conroy, the Football Association of Ireland’s Director of Strategy, will leave the Association next month, it has been confirmed. Conroy is an important official within the FAI’s Communications Department, and is regarded as one of the chief allies of Chief Executive Officer, John Delaney.

However, he has confirmed that he will be stepping down from his role in the coming weeks. He said: “I think it was the right time to leave. Most of the projects I have been working on are close to completion.”

Taken from www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/offthefield/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=26875)

OneRedArmy
13/03/2007, 9:34 PM
Can I be the first to say....

they had a strategy :eek:

monkey magic
13/03/2007, 9:39 PM

declan; what are we gonna do today brain?

delaney; try to take over the world pinkey.

dcfcsteve
14/03/2007, 12:37 AM
Can I be the first to say....

Even worse - most of it has been completed......! :eek:

Forunately, through a top secret source, I can now reveal the strategy that Declan Conroy has been busy working towards :

FAI STRATEGIC PLAN 2005-2010

OBJECTIVE :
Destroy domestic football in Ireland, thereby removing thorn in FAI's side.

GOAL :
FAI able to enjoy International junkets without the distraction of the Eircom Famous Fried Chicken League.

STRATEGY :
1) Introduce licensing, as a scheme ostensibly to improve standards. DONE
2) Give Licenses to anyone, regardles of suitability. DONE
3) Create situation in which clubs start to fail and withdraw from football.DONE.
4) Destroy Ollie Byrne and Shelbourne. DONE.
5) Seek guidance from Kim Il Yung on best ways to smother dissent. DONE.
6) Suppress any form of dissent, lest anyone should uncover our cunning plan. DONE.
7) Remove Director of Straegy - thereby further concentrating power in the hands of our beloved Chief Executive (all hail him, and those who quiff before him). DONE.
8) Purchase strange looking cat with either too much fur/absolutely no fur. Sit back stroking it and guffawing maniacally whilst you watch the Strategic Plan unfold before your eyes.
9) Amuh - amuhhhh - amUHA-HA-HA-HAAAAAAAAAH !

Tis-smeee
14/03/2007, 8:58 AM
Even worse - most of it has been completed......! :eek:

Forunately, through a top secret source, I can now reveal the strategy that Declan Conroy has been busy working towards :

FAI STRATEGIC PLAN 2005-2010

OBJECTIVE :
Destroy domestic football in Ireland, thereby removing thorn in FAI's side.

GOAL :
FAI able to enjoy International junkets without the distraction of the Eircom Famous Fried Chicken League.

STRATEGY :
1) Introduce licensing, as a scheme ostensibly to improve standards. DONE
2) Give Licenses to anyone, regardles of suitability. DONE
3) Create situation in which clubs start to fail and withdraw from football.DONE.
4) Destroy Ollie Byrne and Shelbourne. DONE.
5) Seek guidance from Kim Il Yung on best ways to smother dissent. DONE.
6) Suppress any form of dissent, lest anyone should uncover our cunning plan. DONE.
7) Remove Director of Straegy - thereby further concentrating power in the hands of our beloved Chief Executive (all hail him, and those who quiff before him). DONE.
8) Purchase strange looking cat with either too much fur/absolutely no fur. Sit back stroking it and guffawing maniacally whilst you watch the Strategic Plan unfold before your eyes.

potm imo

BohsPartisan
14/03/2007, 9:08 AM

Can't believe he's quitting before the last two targets are met. Quitter! :D

A face
14/03/2007, 10:37 AM

Not fawkin' likely mate !! :eek: :p

WeAreRovers
14/03/2007, 10:56 AM
Strategy Director my hole. Conroy was Delaney's personal PR guru, on top of the highly paid FAI PR man Gerry McDermott. Conroy's role was to intimidate the media and club officals in any dealings with Delaney.

KOH

wws
14/03/2007, 11:10 AM
Strategy Director my hole. Conroy was Delaney's personal PR guru, on top of the highly paid FAI PR man Gerry McDermott. Conroy's role was to intimidate the media and club officals in any dealings with Delaney.

KOH

I think it was the right time to leave. Most of the projects I have been working on are close to completion

eh....my god has he some "Final Solution" in mind

WeAreRovers
14/03/2007, 11:34 AM

To be fair to the FAI I think their role model is more Stalin than Hitler with Conroy playing Beria to Delaney's Uncle Joe*. Having said that, I fully expect to be taken out and shot when Merrion Sq. read my post above. ;)

KOH

* No relation to Daddy Joe Delaney.

dcfcsteve
14/03/2007, 11:38 AM

Be wary of what sounds like the hissing of gas at any EL stadiums this season..... :eek:

I'm having my gold fillings removed as a precaution....

wws
14/03/2007, 11:38 AM
eh that will just be the effects of the dodgy burgers....

dcfcsteve
14/03/2007, 11:40 AM
eh that will just be the effects of the dodgy burgers....

Nahhh - the gold fillings have more to do with the sweets and fizzy pop than the burgers..... :D

Schumi
14/03/2007, 11:52 AM
To be fair to the FAI I think they're role model is more Stalin than HitlerOh ****, exile to gulags in Dundalk. :eek: