PDA

View Full Version : New Eircom League of Ireland Website

Pages : [1] 2

el punter
08/03/2007, 3:21 PM
Am I going blind or is there no section about the eircom league on the FAI website where you might find something as basic as fixtures, kick off times and refs for the weekend matches or perhaps a list of the clubs in the league and some info about them?

GuisaSaigon
08/03/2007, 3:24 PM
Welcome to the new well marketed super dooper league

NY Hoop
08/03/2007, 3:38 PM
www.loi.ie

Basic so far but more coming apparently. Wonder will they allow fans write blogs on it?:D

KOH

DmanDmythDledge
08/03/2007, 3:41 PM
www.loi.ie

Basic so far but more coming apparently. Wonder will they allow fans write blogs on it?:D

KOH
Site looks good, just needs more info, but the idiots still using our old crest.:rolleyes:

John83
08/03/2007, 3:41 PM
www.loi.ie (http://www.loi.ie)

KOH
"The page cannot be found"

Nice.

pineapple stu
08/03/2007, 3:45 PM
Site looks good, just needs more info, but the idiots still using our old crest.:rolleyes:
They're using the official college crest. For that, I thank them.

You're fighting a seriously losing battle here!

passinginterest
08/03/2007, 3:47 PM
Worked for me looks like it could be a good site. I entered the competition/register thing too. Apparently tickets to an Ireland match is the prize.

el punter
08/03/2007, 3:54 PM
www.loi.ie

KOH

cheers NY Hoop

That looks excellent in fairness.
Some kind of obvious link from fai.ie wouldn't go astray though.

deadman
08/03/2007, 4:24 PM

true... had been searching for it on fai.ie ... thought it had fallen of face of the planet

monkey magic
08/03/2007, 4:36 PM
cheers NY Hoop

That looks excellent in fairness.

well all the club crests link to the club websites so its a start at least. looks like it has a lot of potential:ball: as for the ucd crest, its the only one thats still wrong from the splash we saw the other day... finn harps et al have been rectified

Philly
08/03/2007, 4:58 PM
The Kildare County FC one isn't the official one. Slightly different. They copied it from some German logo site I think.

DmanDmythDledge
08/03/2007, 5:01 PM
The Kildare County FC one isn't the official one. Slightly different. They copied it from some German logo site I think.
Finn Harps is wrong as well.

I didn't think that they would be stupid enough to have a link on the wrong crests to official sites that have the right ones.

monkey magic
08/03/2007, 5:10 PM
oops thought its was the right one now.. they had a different one on the splash a few days ago - the one from five or so years ago.

harpstilidie
08/03/2007, 5:48 PM
The crest that is on it now is the one we used in our jubilee season in 2004. It isn't our proper one. Its not really good enough if they cant even get clubs crests right.:D

Philly
08/03/2007, 6:06 PM
Also they link to that not very official Wexford Youths site...

Magicme
08/03/2007, 6:09 PM
Our old crest too, but in fairness not sure we sent them our new one yet.

I like the click on the match and see the preview bit. Easy to navigate.

khoop
08/03/2007, 6:14 PM
Shamrock Rovers crest also wrong. What a very professional organisation.....

barney
08/03/2007, 6:56 PM
Jesus lads, I've never seen such pettiness. Okay the FAI aren't perfect, far from it, but there are too many nit pickers having a go over trivial stuff.

khoop
08/03/2007, 7:00 PM
Jesus lads, I've never seen such pettiness. Okay the FAI aren't perfect, far from it, but there are too many nit pickers having a go over trivial stuff

Wrong crests are trivial???

Are you taking the ****???

Philly
08/03/2007, 7:45 PM
Go to the Premiership site and see if they messed up on loads of the crests....

It's the little things that spoil the big picture.

Gareth
08/03/2007, 7:47 PM
I better be careful when extratime launches. I better dot the i's and cross the t's. Hey at least its up before a ball is kicked in anger lads. They got it up for the first game!!

barney
08/03/2007, 7:53 PM
I'd be more worried if they were directing people to the wrong site or something. With new things you will have teething problems, not everything will be 100% right straight away. If you think otherwise, then you've never done anything in your life. They have the basis of a good website there, fair play to them. With the crest errors, get in contact and let them know. Don't just sit back and have a go.

Same thing with people getting on their high horses over the Shels/Rovers fixture clashes. These things will happen. Compliling a fixture list is a pretty big job and mistakes will happen. As far as I'm concerned, as long as the league doesn't end up being decided/threatened to be decided in the court this year that'll be the start of an improvement for me.

It's too easy to take a pop at the FAI for every little thing. They will make mistakes along the way but so far, personally, I think they've done a good job with the league.

padraicoc
08/03/2007, 7:53 PM
Our old crest too, but in fairness not sure we sent them our new one yet.

I like the click on the match and see the preview bit. Easy to navigate.

Just me or is the no preview thing there now? taught it was Firefox first but didn't work in IE either...

padraicoc
08/03/2007, 7:55 PM
Just me or is the no preview thing there now? taught it was Firefox first but didn't work in IE either...

I see it now, it's not on the front page:confused:

padraicoc
08/03/2007, 7:58 PM

I see it now, it's not on the front page:confused:

"Dundalk V Finn Harps

Dundalk go into this fixture as favourites for the First Division title, but Harps also have their backers.

Oriel Park boss John Gill was delighted when star striker Philip Hughes pledged his future to the Lilywhites, and Hughes will be the star man for Dundalk this season. First Division Player of the Year last season, Hughes notched an impressive 21 goals during 2006.

Harps will look to improve on last season and there is no better stage for them than an away fixture against Dundalk. Harps fans will hope that Jonathan Minnock steadies the ship at the back.

Team news to follow"

when do they plan to give the team news?!? would that not be a preview?

khoop
08/03/2007, 8:41 PM
With the crest errors, get in contact and let them know. Don't just sit back and have a go

They have the proper Rovers crest!

Without going in to details - I know that for a fact.

But when you get some eejits on work experience doing your website.....

A face
08/03/2007, 8:42 PM
No obvious link from that site to fai.ie

No obvious link from fai.ie to that site

You'd swear that both weren't even connected :eek:

Is it really the official league website run by the FAI ??

How do we even know that its them who have made it ?? :eek:

Maybe it isn't made by the FAI at all, it could be just someone posing as them, an impostor if you will.

To the admin of that site -> "Who are you and what have you done with the FAI? "

Ah ..... you have to laugh really :p

DmanDmythDledge
08/03/2007, 8:43 PM
A face look down;)

A face
08/03/2007, 8:48 PM
A face look down;)

Ah but you see i did say obvious ;)

Sure they're only hiding it down there like

Student Mullet
08/03/2007, 9:14 PM
Same thing with people getting on their high horses over the Shels/Rovers fixture clashes. These things will happen. Compliling a fixture list is a pretty big job and mistakes will happen. As far as I'm concerned, as long as the league doesn't end up being decided/threatened to be decided in the court this year that'll be the start of an improvement for me.I agree with you about the crests but the fixtures clash was a medium sized mistake. Moving the games to Thursdays will cost Shels at least a few grand in gate receipts.

The more worrying thing is that the mistakes are still happening in the new, better run, league. The season started today and it was only a couple of days ago that someone spotted a problem with the registration of 30 or so players. We came very close to a trip to the High Court there.

A face
08/03/2007, 9:20 PM
The more worrying thing is that the mistakes are still happening in the new, better run, league. The season started today and it was only a couple of days ago that someone spotted a problem with the registration of 30 or so players. We came very close to a trip to the High Court there.

Surely not ... i mean you must be mistaken no? The FAI after turning over a new leaf n'all :rolleyes:

barney
08/03/2007, 9:24 PM
I agree with you about the crests but the fixtures clash was a medium sized mistake. Moving the games to Thursdays will cost Shels at least a few grand in gate receipts.

Fair enough, I'll go with you on the fixture thing, but I still think these things are going to happen in a new set up.

The registration issue? Should a lot of the responsibility for that not lie with the clubs as well as the FAI?

Student Mullet
08/03/2007, 9:30 PM
The registration issue? Should a lot of the responsibility for that not lie with the clubs as well as the FAI?It probably does, I don't know the details of how a player gets registered. Whoever is at fault, the point still remains that this new league came within a whisker of a major cack up this week. The mistake was spotted before it happened, which is an improvement on previous years but we still came much to close for comfort.

barney
08/03/2007, 9:36 PM
It probably does, I don't know the details of how a player gets registered. Whoever is at fault, the point still remains that this new league came within a whisker of a major cack up this week. The mistake was spotted before it happened, which is an improvement on previous years but we still came much to close for comfort.

Fair point then, I'll give you that one. I reckon that's a bit more serious than a crest on a website not being 100% right.

Christ I'm starting to post like an FAI employee.

Schumi
08/03/2007, 9:44 PM
It seems to me that there's no reason why this registration issue would only have come up this year. Should players have fallen foul of this before?

Student Mullet
08/03/2007, 9:47 PM
It seems to me that there's no reason why this registration issue would only have come up this year. Should players have fallen foul of this before?Quiet! We're all pretending that's not true.

Magicme
08/03/2007, 9:49 PM
I really dont see how the FAI can get around this one. I really hope they do tho!

galwayhoop
08/03/2007, 10:32 PM

surely the massive eircom League of Ireland link on the right hand side of the page on www.fai.ie - which looks strikingly like your avatar btw - is an obvious enough link. or do you want a flashing red arrow pointing to it saying 'link' :confused: :D :D

barney
08/03/2007, 10:39 PM
surely the massive eircom League of Ireland link on the right hand side of the page on www.fai.ie - which looks strikingly like your avatar btw - is an obvious enough link. or do you want a flashing red arrow pointing to it saying 'link' :confused: :D :D

LOL I reckon some people on here want the league to be the usual farce just so they can say "I told you so" and have a pop at the FAI. Exactly the small minded attitude that's holding our league back.

A face
08/03/2007, 10:39 PM

That was a link to an application form yesterday. Maybe they are reading this thread and sorted it out??

barney
08/03/2007, 10:52 PM
That was a link to an application form yesterday. Maybe they are reading this thread and sorted it out??

Maybe so but...

No obvious link from that site to fai.ie

You'd swear that both weren't even connected

Is it really the official league website run by the FAI ??

How do we even know that its them who have made it ??

Maybe it isn't made by the FAI at all, it could be just someone posing as them, an impostor if you will.

To the admin of that site -> "Who are you and what have you done with the FAI? "

Ah ..... you have to laugh really

You made that post today. What's that they say about glass houses and stones?

gufcfan
09/03/2007, 7:46 AM
... Eircom LOI.ie it should be Eircom LOL.ie!

holidaysong
09/03/2007, 9:29 AM
The crest they are using for us is like 20 years old!

Block G Raptor
09/03/2007, 9:47 AM
It's an improvement lads be greatfull for that at least. Rome wasn't built in a day

WeAreRovers
09/03/2007, 10:09 AM
Mistakes like the link that was wrong yesterday and the incorrect crests are symptomatic of a governing body that doesn't care about the League. That's why people are pointing this stuff out. If the small things are wrong now......

KOH

MariborKev
09/03/2007, 10:28 AM
Mistakes like the link that was wrong yesterday and the incorrect crests are symptomatic of a governing body that doesn't care about the League. That's why people are pointing this stuff out. If the small things are wrong now......

KOH

Indeed.

Can you imagine if the FAI used the old logos of the corporate sponsors on the fai.ie site. I am sure the firms would sit back and say, "sure its only a small thing".......:rolleyes:

People have to get this minnowism out of their heads. We have every right to demand these things are right.

barney
09/03/2007, 10:40 AM
Indeed.

Can you imagine if the FAI used the old logos of the corporate sponsors on the fai.ie site. I am sure the firms would sit back and say, "sure its only a small thing".......:rolleyes:

People have to get this minnowism out of their heads. We have every right to demand these things are right.

Point it out to the FAI. If they don't change it then, then maybe you have grounds for complaint.

It's not a case of saying "it's only a small thing" and forgetting it. It's a case of saying that the FAI have inherited the rubble of the league and are now trying to build a competent and functioning league and structures. Doing that, things will go wrong. A wrong crest on a new website doesn't affect anyone in a practical sense, and therefore isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Block G Raptor
09/03/2007, 10:43 AM
is anyone familiar enough with all eL crests to complie a quick list of the incorrect crests and links to correct ones and email it to info@fai.ie. I'd do it myself but I'm not familiar with all the crests
At point out the **** up and see if they do anything about it

Mr_T
09/03/2007, 10:48 AM

don't you know that they are.

the Harps crest is right now, was it the Gold coloured one that was up yesterday?

foot.ie should start a thread called "FAO FAI"

the FAI seem to spend so much time reading websites and forums that it may just be the best way to get your message to them!!! :D :eek:

Sheridan
09/03/2007, 10:50 AM
That idea's crossed my mind before, it's not as ludicrous as it sounds. Maybe we should have personalised threads/forums where posters can leave messages of support and encouragement for G McD, JD etc.