PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Games Protest at Croke Park

pete
25/02/2007, 11:35 AM
Republican SF protests (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/02/25/srfron25.xml)

One of the funniest pictures seen in long time.

:D

Superhoops
25/02/2007, 11:57 AM
Republican SF protests (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/02/25/srfron25.xml)

Brilliant

RonnieB
25/02/2007, 12:22 PM
HAHAAHA! this has to be a ****take? Surely no one could be that stupid???!

strangeirish
25/02/2007, 5:08 PM
Here's a wider shot showing the Gardai participating in a skanger management course.:D

Look at the state of these hooded clowns.

LeixlipRed
25/02/2007, 5:14 PM
Quality :D

Pauro 76
25/02/2007, 5:37 PM
oh the irony! that is just hilariious! :D

Hibs4Ever
25/02/2007, 6:35 PM
:D :D Typical :D

finlma
25/02/2007, 6:55 PM
I walked past them yesterday - was p1ssing myself. He wasn't the only one in a Celtic jersey. Everyone was laughing at them when they went by.

Thunderblaster
25/02/2007, 8:27 PM

If this guy had brains, he would be dangerous!! That is really taking the p*ss!!:D :D

ollie
26/02/2007, 10:30 AM
Sums it all up really!

rebelarmyexile
26/02/2007, 8:58 PM
typical republican. shows the intelligence of the sort of fools that support Sinn Fein/IRA and RSF/CIRA. The only reason i have no interest in Scottish Footie.

where is police brutality when you need it?

eirebhoy
26/02/2007, 11:32 PM
He has his face covered in every picture.:D

http://www.indymedia.ie/attachments/feb2007/p2240016.jpg

Kerry Blue
27/02/2007, 6:22 AM
You'd hide your face too if you were that stupid.:D

pete
27/02/2007, 10:06 AM
Must have been a big reduction in crime last saturday in Dublin.

:eek:

Mad Moose
02/03/2007, 11:37 AM
where is police brutality when you need it?

There isn't one pic of this guy showing his face. The funny thing is that he went all out on the Celtic rig.

WeAreRovers
02/03/2007, 11:49 AM
Must have been a big reduction in crime last saturday in Dublin.

:eek:

Why? Did you go home for the weekend? ;)

KOH

NY Hoop
02/03/2007, 11:55 AM
Fcuking retards living in the past.

KOH

paul_oshea
02/03/2007, 12:41 PM
i heard a little birdy say, that was someone taking the mickey, hence you never see his face in the picture.....juxtapostion, fair play to him its very funny.

Jerry The Saint
02/03/2007, 7:54 PM
Such a dumbass - even that other picture of him behind the 'RESTORE RULE 42' placard - if he had any interest in the subject, beyond stickin it to the Brits, he'd know that Rule 42 was merely amended to allow Central Council decide on Croke Park. It's not like the rulebook skips from 41 to 43 now.

Poor lad must have been GUTTED when Helen Mirren won the Oscar. :D

highlight100
04/03/2007, 2:06 PM
Maybe the guy in the cel-thick uniform is part of the Naked Camera team,someone has to be taking the P**s.

Picture of the year though.

CollegeTillIDie
05/03/2007, 9:43 AM
Two pubes wearing Celtic tops one the RUle 42 guy the other the No Foreign games..... that's the sort of doublethink that is common place in this country I am afraid . It's the boo Gary Neville when he wears an England shirt, cheer him on in a Man United shirt nonsense that goes on in the great unwashed public.

P.S. Another pube showing a sign saying Hill 16 is for Gaelic games only...Well soccer fans won't be allowed in there ;)

eirebhoy
05/03/2007, 12:25 PM
Two pubes wearing Celtic tops one the RUle 42 guy the other the No Foreign games....
It's the same person. They're obviously swapping around placards. I can't believe the fuss over this tbh. It's ironic but out of all the people there do you think not one of them support a premiership club? They're protesting about playing foreign games in Croker, not supporting a foreign game.

eirebhoy
05/03/2007, 1:51 PM
Going a bit off topic here but here's a reply to an article in yesterday's Sunday Indo:

I think all the Irish on here (Republic at least) will know the sort of dic kheads Fanning's on about. These are the lads who wear Celtic tops/tracksuits/scarves not because they're Celtic fans but because they see it as a symbol of some nationalist, pro-IRA ideal. I know plenty of Dubliners like that, most are also Dublin GAA fans and give us a bad name there too, not that that's relevant. They're chavs, scumbags - cap peaks to the sky and bum fluff on upper lip. The majority have probably never been to Scotland - much less Celtic Park!! And they probably couldn't name any more than 6 of the current squad or more than 3 Lisbon Lions. They suppport Celtic on Old Firm days and occasional Cup finals, bored senseless by anything else. These are the lads who showed up on February 25th last year for the "Love Ulster" farce ("Love McDowell", more like). They're NOT CELTIC FANS!!! But they do give us a bad name. :mad: WE CAN'T HELP THAT.

On that day, I was working on Grafton Street watching from a window about three storeys up at some of it unfold along Nassau Street. One of my colleagues mentioned the phrase "Scumbag Celtic fans" as we watched. :tirade: Cue insidious rant from yours truly!!! But that's the point - the majority of people in Ireland don't have unquestioned love for Celtic as the myths often suggest. They're seems to be a common perception of Celtic as being the RA-heads' team and that will immediately put many off. That's Modern Ireland though - too PC to condone ANYTHING remotely Republican for fear that it be anti-Protestant. The Indo being the ultimate melting pot of all things "anti-Remotely Republican".

The rest of the article is pure pish. Egger, JJB, "Self-appointed World's best fans", etc., etc. It's all just filler because he knows he's talking balls. But don't let facts get in the way of a good reasoned argument Dion, eh?

Fanning's just a Modern Irelander cheaply attempting a populist swipe at Celtic on no basis whatsoever. Where did this article come out of FFS??

Fanning. :nono:
The article can be found here:
http://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=45817

Couldn't agree more with the above post. Maybe a few people could do with a read of that thread tbh.

dancinpants
05/03/2007, 6:29 PM
It's the same person. They're obviously swapping around placards. I can't believe the fuss over this tbh. It's ironic but out of all the people there do you think not one of them support a premiership club? They're protesting about playing foreign games in Croker, not supporting a foreign game.

So can we expect a similar protest for the Euro qualifiers? I seriously doubt it. :rolleyes:

eirebhoy
06/03/2007, 9:02 AM
So can we expect a similar protest for the Euro qualifiers? I seriously doubt it. :rolleyes:
I don't get it. Are you suggesting they don't think football is a foreign sport?