PDA

View Full Version : Danny Drew blocking new clubs application to League

RĂ©iteoir
16/01/2007, 9:04 PM
Just Heard on Newstalk that Danny Drew has succeeded in getting an injunction against the FAI in giving out any more licenses (i.e. Wexford Youths & Limerick 37) until Limerick's (the original one) case is heard. I can see this one dragging on...

:rolleyes:

Mr A
16/01/2007, 9:20 PM
Could potentially delay the start of the new D1 season. Ultimately it's likely to prove futile as the FAI have the whole 'It's a whole new league' thing to fall back on.

Still, it could get messy.

BohsPartisan
16/01/2007, 9:23 PM
Just Heard on Newstalk that Danny Drew has succeeded in getting an injunction

Obviously another saint only interested in the good of the club... :rolleyes:

Burnsie
16/01/2007, 9:27 PM
can someone please provide the uninitiated with a brief biog of this chap and why he's so reviled?

LukeO
17/01/2007, 12:40 AM
Apparently the injunction is only 'til Monday.

Just Heard on Newstalk that Danny Drew has succeeded in getting an injunction against the FAI in giving out any more licenses (i.e. Wexford Youths & Limerick 37) until Limerick's (the original one) case is heard. I can see this one dragging on...

:rolleyes:

Copying my post word for word. Chris, I'm surprised at you. :D

pete
17/01/2007, 10:06 AM
Just because Danny Drew can't get his act together he is trying to hold everyone else back. Limerick 37 seems to have much better chance of success than any Danny Drew effort.

:(

Dodge
17/01/2007, 10:09 AM
Just because Danny Drew can't get his act together he is trying to hold everyone else back. Limerick 37 seems to have much better chance of success than any Danny Drew effort.

yeah but the question is why

PinBallWizard
17/01/2007, 10:15 AM
can someone please provide the uninitiated with a brief biog of this chap and why he's so reviled?

Danny Drew brief biog;

Aged early 30's...arived as the great hope, promised the sun, moon and stars...delivered none of it. Looks, acts, and sounds like Daft Dave from the Right Price Tiles ads. Developed an almost Hitler like persona once club chairman, and treated fans, players, management like they were pieces of excrement. Referred to supporters as scumbags at one home game, and nearly caused a riot. Sacked a manager without having one in place so he could give himself the buzz of managing a real football team...owes certain players an absolute fortune in unpaid wages, or paid wages that bounced...constantly used to run around the ground at home games, barking at poor foreign national stewards and looked and dressed like a homeless vagrant instead of being a club chairman...do you want me to continue??

BohsPartisan
17/01/2007, 10:21 AM
And of course is now trying to block football in Limerick from having a team.

pete
17/01/2007, 10:23 AM
yeah but the question is why

Limerick 37 seems to have the support of the entire football community in Limerick which means it will find a home easier & be able to draw down grants too as that ground likely to be used by non-league & schoolboys so makes more financial sense.

Kerry Blue
17/01/2007, 10:33 AM
Limerick 37 is definitely a much better option than Danny Drew will ever provide. As has already been said he hasn't exactly got on too well with a lot of people and I can't see how Limerick FC will be able to compete next season anyway should he be successful. He promised so much when he took over the club 2 years ago but look at the mess he has left the club in now. It's just as bad if not worse than when he took over. Limerick 37 has much more potential to succeed and I would be surprised if the FAI don't win their case on Monday. Then again with the FAI you never know.:rolleyes:

jebus
17/01/2007, 12:49 PM
Its not the just the start of the First Division he will delay if he gets his hearing granted on monday lads. AFAIK the injunction stops all clubs signing up to the new FAI league until this mess is cleared up, including Limerick 37.

Good to see that Danny has lost none of his charm, even when lying in his football grave :rolleyes:

RĂ©iteoir
17/01/2007, 1:00 PM
Apparently the injunction is only 'til Monday.

Copying my post word for word. Chris, I'm surprised at you. :D

You put it oh so much more better than i ever could :D

Note I even replicated the smiley...

sadloserkid
17/01/2007, 1:14 PM
Danny Drew likes seeing his name in the papers I feel. He's determined though I'll give him that.

Come on Limerick37!

LFC in Exile
17/01/2007, 1:19 PM
But this is a new league and clubs are invited to take part. How does he have any case? By the same token a club like Tralee Dynamoes could sue for not being invited to take part. I wouldn't be too worried lads.

Dodge
17/01/2007, 1:21 PM
His case is how did Limerick Fc not get a license and a club like Shelbourne did.

Lim till i die
17/01/2007, 1:23 PM
His case is how did Limerick Fc not get a license and a club like Shelbourne did.

Wow, that's actually a pretty strong case

LFC in Exile
17/01/2007, 1:26 PM

But that's irrelevant. Even if Limerick FC did get a license the FAI do not have to invite them to be part of their new league. Those are two separate issues.

Lim till i die
17/01/2007, 1:29 PM
But that's irrelevant. Even if Limerick FC did get a license the FAI do not have to invite them to be part of their new league. Those are two separate issues.

Could he not argue that not having a licence would have affected his chances of an invite. :confused:

He could site the precedent of the ugly girl and the houseparty

Dodge
17/01/2007, 1:33 PM
They weren't marked by the IAG because hey didn't achieve the license. All he has to prove is that his license application was treated differently thatn others (i.e. Shels) and he has a case.

I'm not saying that its in the best interests of anybody BYW

higgins
17/01/2007, 1:34 PM
Danny Drew brief biog;

Aged early 30's...arived as the great hope, promised the sun, moon and stars...delivered none of it. Looks, acts, and sounds like Daft Dave from the Right Price Tiles ads. Developed an almost Hitler like persona once club chairman, and treated fans, players, management like they were pieces of excrement. Referred to supporters as scumbags at one home game, and nearly caused a riot. Sacked a manager without having one in place so he could give himself the buzz of managing a real football team...owes certain players an absolute fortune in unpaid wages, or paid wages that bounced...constantly used to run around the ground at home games, barking at poor foreign national stewards and looked and dressed like a homeless vagrant instead of being a club chairman...do you want me to continue??

Only unpaid wages is a valid reason.
Just because you don't like the bloke means nothing.....

please do continue :p

khoop
17/01/2007, 1:35 PM
Developed an almost Hitler like persona once club chairman, and treated fans, players, management like they were pieces of excrement. Referred to supporters as scumbags at one home game, and nearly caused a riot. Sacked a manager without having one in place so he could give himself the buzz of managing a real football team...owes certain players an absolute fortune in unpaid wages, or paid wages that bounced...constantly used to run around the ground at home games, barking at poor foreign national stewards and looked and dressed like a homeless vagrant instead of being a club chairman... [/B]

Sounds very much like Ollie Byrne. So why doesn't Delaney go after him aswell???

holidaysong
17/01/2007, 1:36 PM
Could he not argue that not having a licence would have affected his chances of an invite. :confused:

He could site the precedent of the ugly girl and the houseparty

LMAO! :D :D

LFC in Exile
17/01/2007, 2:37 PM
They weren't marked by the IAG because hey didn't achieve the license. All he has to prove is that his license application was treated differently thatn others (i.e. Shels) and he has a case.

I'm not saying that its in the best interests of anybody BYW

He has a case to get a licence - but that doesn't mean the FAI have to let LFC into the league. So he wins and gets a licence - and we get to where we are now. The FAI do not have to sign a participation agreement with all the clubs that existed before in the old eL.

So yes, he may win his case and be awarded a licence - but so what?

Carotheplayer
17/01/2007, 4:51 PM
The high court always do this.

One can get an initial injunction for practically anything these days. The F.A.I. would no have had proper representation there today hence the (learned !!!) Justice granted an injunction.

It is no skin off anyone's nose to call a halt till Monday. But on Monday I have no doubt that the high court will settle this once and for all. I hope danny has a barrister from dublin as all the limerick ones are up to their necks dealing with the crime issues down here.

Monday the (shakey) justice system will decide on this issue. I can't see Danny's effort working. he has signed up to a pre-deteremind agreement, and independent group have refused a licence twice and now he is preventing progression and a chance of top flight football in Limerick next year.

maybe Chelsea will take him ????? I hear jose is thinking of jumping ship ??? :)

Oh and you know how much it costs for an action like this ????

A fortune an absolute fortune !!!!!. like a couple of players wages for a couple of months....

Sniffer
17/01/2007, 5:16 PM
The high court always do this.

I hope danny has a barrister from dublin as all the limerick ones are up to their necks dealing with the crime issues down here.

Rumour has it that he has spared no expense, and is engaging one of the country's finest and most experienced minds in cases of this ilk. He is known in legal circles as Maxi.