PDA

View Full Version : Ground Capacities

Pages : [1] 2

Tazskool
28/12/2006, 10:01 AM
I keep trying to find info about stadium capacities, for FM07, and future expansions but its impossible!!

I was wondering if you all could provide this info for me so FMF can put out a greater update for you all.

I see Athlone has a new stadium but I still am unsure if its 6,000 ontop of the existing 3,000 or not lol..

(Yes mods I know I might be in the wrong thread but I am hoping for a bigger repsonce than I got in the FM07 thread).

Club:
Start of 2006 Stadium Capacity:
Average Attendance 2006:
(I think I have found all of these in a good list on this site but If you may have a differ of views!)

Expanisions Plans..
Month/Year expanision to be finished?:
New capacity:
New location?: Yes/No

Conor H
28/12/2006, 10:17 AM
Club:Galway UTD.
Start of 2006 Stadium Capacity:3500.(can fit more but thats the max with regulations)
Average Attendance 2006: 1081.

Expanisions Plans..New all seater stand aswell as the existing stand to bring the Capacity up to 3500 all seater and 5000 overall AFAIK.
Month/Year expanision to be finished?:June 07.
New capacity:5000.
New location?: Yes/No No.

steno
28/12/2006, 11:38 AM
Club:Kildare County

Start of 2006 Stadium Capacity: 2,500 (255 seats 185 seats plus corporate area for 70)

Average Attendance 2006: 265

Expanisions Plans.:There are plans for a 1,100 seater stand but the club has to get money in the form fo grants to build it

Month/Year expanision to be finished?:hasn't even started will probably be a long way down the line

New capacity:2,500 (1,350 seats)

New location?: No

This is a good site for average attendanceshttp://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn/current/aveire.htm

Tazskool
28/12/2006, 11:58 AM
cheers :)

Ash
28/12/2006, 12:11 PM
Club: Athlone Town
Start of 2007 Stadium Capacity:2000 seated.
Average Attendance 2006: Rough guess 250.

Expanisions Plans.
Planned to have another 2000 seater stand on opposite
wing and 1000 seater stand behind each goals
Month/Year expanision to be finished?: ?
New capacity:6000 seated when finished.
New location?: Yes. New stadium located in Lissiwollen, Athlone.

CharlesThompson
28/12/2006, 7:22 PM
Club: $h€££bourn€
Start of 2007 Stadium Capacity:9000 seated.
Average Attendance 2006: Rough guess 29.

Expanisions Plans.
Planned to move to Dalymount,... no wait. Plan to move to Balbriggan,... oh hold on a minute. Plan to move to Swords or maybe the Morton Stadium. No, that's not it, oh yeah Tallaght that's it, Tallaght. What? No? Oh the FAI are building one for us out in Abbotstown.
Month/Year expanision to be finished?: As soon as the new investor comes in.
New capacity:Whatever John Delaney says.
New location?: Absolutley! (we hope...)

DmanDmythDledge
28/12/2006, 8:06 PM
Club: UCD
Start of 2007 Stadium Capacity:1900 (848 seated)
Average Attendance 2006: 546

Expanisions Plans.
Moving to Belfield Bowl, which is also on campus.
Month/Year expanision to be finished?: April/May?
New capacity:3000 I think, 1500 seated.
New location?: No.

Student Mullet
28/12/2006, 8:48 PM

New location?: No.I think it counts as a new location. It's about a mile away.

pineapple stu
29/12/2006, 8:37 AM
Start of 2006 Stadium Capacity: 1900
Average Attendance 2006: 600
(I think I have found all of these in a good list on this site but If you may have a differ of views!)

Expanisions Plans..
Month/Year expanision to be finished?: April 2007
New capacity: 3000
New location?: Yes/No - Yes (Belfield Bowl)

UCD for you.

Tazskool
29/12/2006, 12:18 PM
Thanks lads :) keep em coming :)

Steveoc
29/12/2006, 1:27 PM
CLUB : Cork City F.C.
Capacity start 2006 : 5,500 - All Seated

2006 Ave. Attendance:2,300 approx.

Expansion Plans :

Month Finished : March 2007

New Capacity : 7,486 - All Seated

New Location : No

Dr.Nightdub
29/12/2006, 9:54 PM
Club: Pats
Start of 2006 Stadium Capacity: Officiallly, 5500 (record official attendance 7098 v Cork in 1998-99 season - go figure)
Average Attendance 2006: 1300 or so

Expanisions Plans: New stand / new terrace / fresh mud behind the turnstile end goal - delete as applicable, depending on which Pats board member you've just talked to
Month/Year expanision to be finished?: 21st century, don't ask me to be more specific than that
New capacity: 7500 / 6500 / 5500, depending on which of the expansion plan options goes ahead
New location?: Over our dead bodies

harpskid
29/12/2006, 10:15 PM
Club: Finn Harps
Start of 2006 Stadium Capacity: 7,000 (no seats. Well we've 300, but health and safety says we can't use them)
Average Attendance 2006: Check Pineapple Stu's thread on this forum

Expanisions Plans.. Plans for a new 6,800 all-seater stadium across the Finn in Stranorlar are progressing all the time. Meantime, we hope to install a couple of hundred seats at Finn Park to tide us over until our new home - which includes a second pitch and other modern facilities - is completed.
Month/Year expanision to be finished?: Hopefully we'll be there in 2009/2010
New capacity: 6,800 all-seater
New location?: Yes - in Stranorlar. Just on the other side of the river Finn

Tazskool
30/12/2006, 11:02 AM
8 so far :) thanks guys!!! I hope I can get all the teams done before we release our first update :)

Louth4sam
30/12/2006, 11:15 AM
Club: Dundalk
Start of 2006 Stadium Capacity:10,000 (1,500 seated)
Average Attendance 2006:1,100

Expanisions Plans.. no
Month/Year expanision to be finished?: n/a
New capacity: n/a
New location?: no

Martinho II
30/12/2006, 1:41 PM
Club: Longford
Start of 2006 Stadium Capacity:6,500
Average Attendance 2006:see pineapples stus comment

Expanisions Plans.. no

LeixlipRed
30/12/2006, 2:57 PM
Club: $h€££bourn€
Start of 2007 Stadium Capacity:9000 seated.
Average Attendance 2006: Rough guess 29.

Expanisions Plans.
Planned to move to Dalymount,... no wait. Plan to move to Balbriggan,... oh hold on a minute. Plan to move to Swords or maybe the Morton Stadium. No, that's not it, oh yeah Tallaght that's it, Tallaght. What? No? Oh the FAI are building one for us out in Abbotstown.
Month/Year expanision to be finished?: As soon as the new investor comes in.
New capacity:Whatever John Delaney says.
New location?: Absolutley! (we hope...)

Wowza, you're just a comedian in waiting. Original stuff too. Keep it up. Des Bishop might let you spit polish his shoes some day

Celdrog
30/12/2006, 3:14 PM
Club: Drogheda United
Start of 2007 Stadium Capacity:6,000 (400 seated)
Average Attendance 2006: 1800

Expanisions Plans. Yes - New stadium
Month/Year expanision to be finished?: November 2007
New capacity:10,000 all seater
New location?: Yes

1 9 2 8
30/12/2006, 3:53 PM
Club: Sligo Rovers
Start of 2007 Stadium Capacity:5,500 (2,403 seated)
Average Attendance 2006: 1800ish

Expanisions Plans. Yes new stand at the Shed End
Month/Year expanision to be finished?:N/A Depends on funding
New capacity:N/A

Tazskool
30/12/2006, 4:07 PM
great guys :)

braysnumber1
30/12/2006, 5:21 PM
Club: Bray Wanderers
Start of 2006 Stadium Capacity: 5500 (3200 seats)
Average Attendance 2006:1,100

Expanisions Plans.. Put 700 seats behind goal

gael353
30/12/2006, 6:41 PM
Club:Limerick FC
Start of 2006 Stadium Capacity:5000
Average Attendance 2006: 350 Approx

Expanisions Plans..Ehh plans? put it this way we will be playing football next march

Month/Year expanision to be finished?:Ehhhh
New capacity:5000
New location?: Yes/No Yes

pete
01/01/2007, 5:03 PM
Month/Year expanision to be finished?: November 2007

Are you serious? Is this from your Uefa licence application? :p

I don't think ye have even applied for planning permission yet? Unless ye building Bray DIY stands won't be finished? :confused:

BohsFans
01/01/2007, 11:29 PM
Club: Bohemian FC
Start of 2006 Stadium Capacity: 10,000 (8,000 seats)
Average Attendance 2006: see attendence thread

Expanisions Plans: Yes, new stadium
Month/Year expanision to be finished?: at latest summer 2011
New capacity: Not finalised yet 8-12,000.
New location?: Yes, Harristown.

Ash
02/01/2007, 8:14 AM
Club: Athlone Town
Start of 2007 Stadium Capacity:2000 seated.
Average Attendance 2006: Rough guess 250.

Expanisions Plans.
Planned to have another 2000 seater stand on opposite
wing and 1000 seater stand behind each goals
Month/Year expanision to be finished?: ?
New capacity:6000 seated when finished.
New location?: Yes. New stadium located in Lissiwollen, Athlone.

Updates
For 2006 season we had a reduced capicity as the "terracing"
along one wing was closed off for health and safety for the Club
licencing. Also, for 2006 we had approx 100 seating capacity.

For the Expansion Plans of the new staduim, I was down there at
the weekend and it looks like the other 3 stands will be 1,250 seater behind
each goal and 1,500 on the far wing. (Thats judging from the areas fenced off)

Average Attendance 2006: Actual figure 305

monkey magic
02/01/2007, 3:10 PM
For the Expansion Plans of the new staduim, I was down there at
the weekend and it looks like the other 3 stands will be 1,250 seater behind
each goal and 1,500 on the far wing. (Thats judging from the areas fenced off)

just outta curiosity are ye gonna push ahead and develop the other three sides right away or is this further down the line???

apologies if this is in the wrong thread

Celdrog
02/01/2007, 3:19 PM
Are you serious? Is this from your Uefa licence application? :p
I don't think ye have even applied for planning permission yet?
Its a quote from our chairman.

Pete as usual having a hissy fit because the Drogs won't allow them to win cup finals and are now finishing above them in the league.
Get over it Pete. Sort your own club out first before attacking others. Have the investors surfaced in langerland yet?

Unless ye building Bray DIY stands won't be finished? :confused:
Anyone care to translate that into english so I can understand what you mean?

pete
02/01/2007, 3:45 PM
Pete as usual having a hissy fit because the Drogs won't allow them to win cup finals and are now finishing above them in the league.
Get over it Pete. Sort your own club out first before attacking others. Have the investors surfaced in langerland yet?

Nice of you to keep this on topic.

Do you honestly believe you will have a new 10,000 seater stadium built in 11 months when you only just selected a site & no afaik planning yet?

I wish you all the best with the stadium but some realism would be great too.

:rolleyes:

Student Mullet
02/01/2007, 4:07 PM
Do you honestly believe you will have a new 10,000 seater stadium built in 11 months when you only just selected a site & no afaik planning yet?

I wish you all the best with the stadium but some realism would be great too.They need to keep up that pretence to get this years UEFA Licence. Noone believes it but the FAI is happy to accept the lie because calling it would be too much hassle.

pete
02/01/2007, 4:12 PM
They need to keep up that pretence to get this years UEFA Licence. Noone believes it but the FAI is happy to accept the lie because calling it would be too much hassle.

Are you suggestion that if Wateford claimed they had new stadium in the pipeline if you would bought them some time & keep them in the Premier division...

:eek:

LukeO
02/01/2007, 5:34 PM

How was it a hissy fit? :rolleyes: Do you honestly think Drogheda will have a new 10k seater within a year? Anyone who believes that must be slightly retarded as it's simply impossible and won't happen under any cirumstances.

Trying to turn the attention away from your nonsensical post onto Cork's problems only serves to make you come across as a complete idiot.

Celdrog
02/01/2007, 7:15 PM
Nice of you to keep this on topic.
Sorry but I was not the one with the snide remark about our licence application

Yes - the building time is 6 months and there have been several discussions with Meath county council.

I wish you all the best with the stadium but some realism would be great too.
Thanks for your good wishes:rolleyes:

They need to keep up that pretence to get this years UEFA Licence. Noone believes it but the FAI is happy to accept the lie because calling it would be too much hassle.
Very interesting comment. So you are now publicy stating that Drogheda United lied in their licence application and the FAI knew this and chose to cover it up?

Do you honestly think Drogheda will have a new 10k seater within a year? Anyone who believes that must be slightly retarded as it's simply impossible and won't happen under any cirumstances.
Trying to turn the attention away from your nonsensical post onto Cork's problems only serves to make you come across as a complete idiot..
So I am now retarded and an idiot. I have to say that I take exception to those comments especially the former. If you want to make an attack then attack the post, not the poster.
The stadium construction timescale is six months and has been done very successfully several times by the construction company. Ask Gloucester rugby club - their ground was built in seven months.

So Tazskool, i'll go again.
Start of 2007 Stadium Capacity:6,000 (400 seated)
Average Attendance 2006: 1800
Expanisions Plans. Yes - New stadium
Month/Year expanision to be finished?: November 2007 or November 2027, or its all a smokescreen depending on who you talk to
New capacity:10,000 all seater
New location?: Yes

Tazskool
02/01/2007, 7:47 PM
Please everyone... I dont mind open discussion about all of this cause its why I have publicily asked for help.. I do not want it dropping into a slagging match...

I hate to think what it would be like if i asked what players should be made better/worse :P

and again..thanks to everyone so far who has give me great info about the clubs.. I'd have never found this out myself!!! :)

As soon as we get the first version out there will be a post on foot.ie about it!

Soper
02/01/2007, 7:50 PM
It's not that there's much argument about players being made better/worse.

It's more to do with the fact that most players in general have the attributes of lower conference players, when in reality they should be of league 2/league one.The better players in the leaguer here should of course be slightly higher, again.

Ash
03/01/2007, 8:09 AM
just outta curiosity are ye gonna push ahead and develop the other three sides right away or is this further down the line???

apologies if this is in the wrong thread

AFAIK it'll be down the line.
The current stadium committee are hoping for new
blood to come on board for the further development.

galwayhoop
03/01/2007, 9:32 AM
Yes - the building time is 6 months and there have been several discussions with Meath county council.

i have to agree with pete (less forcefully though!!) on this one celdrog. GUFC lodged an application for the construction of a single stand (opposite the existing one) in terryland in june 06. this was done following consultation with galway corpo and was deemed to be a formality (3 months min for planning permission) however here we are in jan 07 and we are still awaiting a decision (the corpo are looking for additional info at the moment).

when they do arrive at a decision this can then be appealed (altho in GUFC case i don't think it will) to an bord pleannala and this could take another 6 months or so. unfortunately this is how our planning system works.

there is 10 months to nov 07 (when you say stand will be finished) and even if the anticipated (!) build time is 6 months add on a very minimum of 3 months for planning (more like 9 - 15 months for big structures like stadiums). therefore if ye submit completed plans today and start construction when planning comes through ye would barely have it finished.

the reality is that ye probably won't have a new stadium until closer to Nov 08 than Nov 07, and in all likelyhood the development will be done in stages.

stann
03/01/2007, 2:09 PM
Haven't seen one for us yet, so...

Club: Waterford United
Start of 2006 Stadium Capacity: 8500 (1280 seated) That 8500 were in attendance to see our Cup semi v Shels a few years back.
Average Attendance 2006: 950-1100 depending on who you ask.

Expansion Plans..
Month/Year expansion to be finished?: Aug / Sept 07 ?
New capacity: Will be a lot less (New stand with 1700 seats will take up a lot of the existing standing room)
Overall capacity of the order of 6500 (3000 seated)

diamond
03/01/2007, 2:46 PM
btw drogs stadium will arrive on site almost built. will take no time (weeks) to put up if/when application for planning comes through.
new location? yes Co Meath unfortunately

Louth4sam
03/01/2007, 7:12 PM
Haven't seen one for us yet, so...

Club: Waterford United
Start of 2006 Stadium Capacity: [b]8500 (1280 seated)

Are you having a laugh?? Where would you fit the 6220 that aren’t seated. Its not your record attendance its the max attendance you are licensed to hold.

BohsFans
03/01/2007, 8:35 PM
btw drogs stadium will arrive on site almost built. will take no time (weeks) to put up if/when application for planning comes through.
new location? yes Co Meath unfortunately

so we can take it that it will be a 'Bray Wanderers' type stands?

Tazskool
03/01/2007, 8:50 PM
Guys.. I will admit I am totally clueless on all of this (nothing new lol) If you disagree with someone can you please what you think it should be and why..

that way I can make an easier decision on more figures and keep "everyone" happy lol...

and to all of those who have posted stuff so far... cheers :)

pete
03/01/2007, 8:55 PM
Are you having a laugh?? Where would you fit the 6220 that aren’t seated. Its not your record attendance its the max attendance you are licensed to hold.

Can't see how could fit more than 3000 at a push into the RSC as theres no terracing & that would require 5-6 deep on the non-stand sides.

stann
04/01/2007, 12:55 AM
I'm not having a laugh Louth4sam, I've better things to be laughing about. I put down what, a few seasons ago, fitted into the same configuration of ground as it is at the minute, and I said as much immediately after it.
I don't know what we're licenced to hold, the figure requested was max capacity, not max allowed capacity, so I put that. Sorry if me answering the question that was asked offended your sensibilities.

Unlikely as it sounds, Pete, that's exactly what did happen that day, a lot deeper than that. Don't reckon many got a very good view mind you, but the figures are out there. We had six thousand odd for the Rovers Cup match, over 4000 for the Drogs game, and eight and a half for the Shels semi that year. Some say just the 8000 mind. Sadly you wouldn't find that many to put in there now if it were full of free large bottles! :D

BohsFans
04/01/2007, 1:13 AM
I'm not having a laugh Louth4sam, I've better things to be laughing about. I put down what, a few seasons ago, fitted into the same configuration of ground as it is at the minute, and I said as much immediately after it.
I don't know what we're licenced to hold, the figure requested was max capacity, not max allowed capacity, so I put that. Sorry if me answering the question that was asked offended your sensibilities.

Unlikely as it sounds, Pete, that's exactly what did happen that day, a lot deeper than that. Don't reckon many got a very good view mind you, but the figures are out there. We had six thousand odd for the Rovers Cup match, over 4000 for the Drogs game, and eight and a half for the Shels semi that year. Some say just the 8000 mind. Sadly you wouldn't find that many to put in there now if it were full of free large bottles! :D

wasn't there temp. seating there back a few years ago, opp. the stand and at the yellow house end?
Why'd they ever get rid of it?

stann
04/01/2007, 1:28 AM
There was a small stand (by which I mean not deep, about 8 rows or something) at the far side alright, and I honestly can't remember if it was there for the Cup run or not. Think there was a wee one at the Yellow House end too but as to why they got rid of them, haven't a scooby doo. Thought it was a shame too, but probably the fact they were only temporary numbered their days for them, insurance- or licencing-wise I mean.

galwayhoop
04/01/2007, 9:43 AM
btw drogs stadium will arrive on site almost built.

sounds like a subbueto stadium to me!

however i pressume ground works, foundations, assembley (i would think that it is probably a pre-cast concrete structure), installation of seating, completion of circulation areas, lighting, development of pitch, internal decoration (dressing rooms and bathrooms), plumbing, tiling, plastering, painting, ESB installation, tarmacing of car park......etc still would have to be done or is it a 10,000 all-seater stadium coming in a box!!

Irish Fan
04/01/2007, 10:09 AM
Could you please also update Shamrock Rovers move to the Tallaght stadium as it hasn’t been mentioned above id reckon they should be playing in Tallaght by the start of 2008. Asides from that im sure you are well aware that the players in the Eircom League are VERY underrated could you please also updated the standard of the league with larger attributes and potential attributes for the players it would make FM2007 so much better and more realistic. I know friends even in England and Scotland who are disappointed at the standard set of the Eircom League by SI as they had hoped to a find a few more "Kevin Doyles" in the league which there definitely is! Our league should be at on par with League one teams and a few SPL teams! Also if you could look in the transfers thread in this forum and update all the latest transfers. The league structure would need to be fixed aswell with the IAG results out. I know this would take a bit of time but would be well worth it and I would im sure many other Eircom Leagues fans would be defiantly willing to help you in any way to get our league spot on this time around. Please make a proper realistic Eircom League Patch!

pete
04/01/2007, 11:06 AM
however i pressume ground works, foundations, assembley (i would think that it is probably a pre-cast concrete structure), installation of seating, completion of circulation areas, lighting, development of pitch, internal decoration (dressing rooms and bathrooms), plumbing, tiling, plastering, painting, ESB installation, tarmacing of car park......etc still would have to be done or is it a 10,000 all-seater stadium coming in a box!!

Bob the Builder clearly comes from Galway. :p

The bleachers style seating was only removed from the RSC a couple of years ago so that would have been there for the FAI matches. I visisted the RSC for first time 2-3 years ago (post FAI Cup run) & was there then.

Celdrog
04/01/2007, 12:10 PM
i have to agree with pete (less forcefully though!!) on this one celdrog. GUFC lodged an application for the construction of a single stand (opposite the existing one) in terryland in june 06. this was done following consultation with galway corpo and was deemed to be a formality (3 months min for planning permission) however here we are in jan 07 and we are still awaiting a decision (the corpo are looking for additional info at the moment).
when they do arrive at a decision this can then be appealed (altho in GUFC case i don't think it will) to an bord pleannala and this could take another 6 months or so. unfortunately this is how our planning system works.
there is 10 months to nov 07 (when you say stand will be finished) and even if the anticipated (!) build time is 6 months add on a very minimum of 3 months for planning (more like 9 - 15 months for big structures like stadiums). therefore if ye submit completed plans today and start construction when planning comes through ye would barely have it finished.
the reality is that ye probably won't have a new stadium until closer to Nov 08 than Nov 07, and in all likelyhood the development will be done in stages.

http://www.sportsfi.com/sfi.htm Read the info desk section
http://www.unison.ie/drogheda_independent/stories.php3?ca=34&si=1749539&issue_id=15070

All I'm going on

passinginterest
04/01/2007, 12:17 PM
Sportsfi have a snazzy little website there. Lot's of promises though don't see any actual examples. Sound great though.