PDA

View Full Version : Ground Capacities

Pages : 1 [2]

Celdrog
04/01/2007, 1:22 PM
Sportsfi have a snazzy little website there. Lot's of promises though don't see any actual examples. Sound great though.
They are in the exec box - testimonials sections. Some impressive names including Croke Park and the Amsterdam arena

passinginterest
04/01/2007, 1:30 PM
Ah I see now! Had a look at the Falkirk Stadium as it's similar size and it looks fantastic. Hope it all works out.

galwayhoop
04/01/2007, 1:44 PM
website is snazzy and the development sounds excellent. however while the build time may well be approx. 6 months there is no way on earth you will have planning got for that development and it completed by Nov 2007.

the developer stated that it was a 10 year plan, while i appreciate that is for the overall development, he is building the stadium for free it appears from the report (while the stadium will be provided free the club plans to invest a further E9 million in the facility) so he will need full planning permission for the overall scheme before he gives away his dough for the stadium. the overall development includes:
a 10,000 seater stadium, plus a 46,000 square foot leisure facility catering for all sports that includes all weather pitches, a 25 meter swimming pool, a tennis academy, a sports crèche and a top class gym. along with 5,000 houses.

it could be that the stadium is the first thing to be built but there is so much red tape to go through first. the overall development sounds massive but the planning process will be even bigger!

BTW there is also a note of caution where one local counciller says:
‘This will be add 30% to the local population and have a huge transport implications. A Julianstown bypass may be necessary.'

endabob1
04/01/2007, 1:56 PM
http://www.northamptonsaints.co.uk/17_2648.php

They've done a few club rugby stands in England including the impressive Franklins Gardens.

Celdrog
04/01/2007, 3:14 PM
A Julianstown bypass may be necessary.'
Don't you just love councillors - its already bypassed. Its motorway all the way from the airport to Dundalk

Louth4sam
04/01/2007, 3:27 PM
It doesnt say anywhere in the website that that company made any of those stadiums or stands. Just that some of their team were involved with them. It seems to me that this is a new company and they haven’t previous made any stadiums at all. The concept is good though. I would imagine it is like one of the McDonalds buildings that arrives pre made and just needs to be assembled. I'd be highly surprised if its ready in november all the same.

Tazskool
04/01/2007, 7:23 PM
Great help so far guys :)

So far we have listed:
Bray...Limerick...Bohs...Athlone...Waterford...Gal way...Kildare...Shels....UCD...Cory CIty... Finn Harps.. Dundalk...Longford... Drogs.. Sligo...

16 so far :)

Any news on the new club yet causeI cant find any... and if you can fill in the missing clubs I can move onto the next improvement for you all :)

steno
04/01/2007, 8:56 PM
Things are pointing to Wexford as the new club but not sure where they are going to play or other details. Was only reading this: http://www.foot.ie/showthread.php?p=598939#post598939

And this is from a while back:

http://www.foot.ie/showthread.php?t=48113

Mick Wallace as manager, Pat Dolan as coach possibly. Does anybody know?