PDA

View Full Version : New development in Oriel

Pages : [1] 2

Louth4sam
14/11/2006, 10:37 PM
From Dundalkfc.com

14 November 2006: Dundalk Plan for Youth Development Centre at Oriel Park

Dundalk Football are applying for planning permission to Dundalk Town Council for full planning permission for a Youth Development/Coaching Centre. The general facilities will include underground car parking, gymnasium, disabled training facilities, dressing rooms,. games rooms, media control centre, multipurpose hall and associated services at Oriel Park. The planning notice will appear in this week's papers.

Great to see the club going forward. Gerry Matthews has been doing great stuff since he took over the club there has been lots of small improvments around the ground and now the big improvments have started

Réiteoir
14/11/2006, 11:23 PM
not enough to gatecrash entry into the new Premier though

That boat - has sailed

Louth4sam
15/11/2006, 12:04 AM
Not if we announced it at the IAG meeting. I thought that was the kind of thing they were looking for in off the field activities

Celdrog
15/11/2006, 1:15 AM
Lú4Sam - Does this mean that the youth facilites at the bouncy castle will be better than the senior facilities? Fairly impressive youth facilities but surely they will include all the teams?

DvB
15/11/2006, 8:15 AM
From Dundalkfc.com

14 November 2006: Dundalk Plan for Youth Development Centre at Oriel Park

Dundalk Football are applying for planning permission to Dundalk Town Council for full planning permission for a Youth Development/Coaching Centre. The general facilities will include underground car parking, gymnasium, disabled training facilities, dressing rooms,. games rooms, media control centre, multipurpose hall and associated services at Oriel Park. The planning notice will appear in this week's papers.

Great to see the club going forward. Gerry Matthews has been doing great stuff since he took over the club there has been lots of small improvments around the ground and now the big improvments have started

Sounds impressive, one question however, will all outstanding invoices be paid in full prior to any commencement of development works?
I only ask as i know for a fact of at least one invoice that has yet to be paid by DFC!

Koh

Magicme
15/11/2006, 8:44 AM
Yeah where is the money coming from?

eamoss
15/11/2006, 9:05 AM
This sounds great. Tho I have to ask where is the money coming from? FYI the person who will be building it is the owner of the club well I think anyway!

NY Hoop
15/11/2006, 9:57 AM
Where in the ground will this be?

KOH

DvB
15/11/2006, 10:46 AM
Where in the ground will this be?

KOH

Behind the goal at the away fans terrace end of the ground.

Koh

NY Hoop
15/11/2006, 11:17 AM
Like anything in this league believe it when I see it.

KOH

Réiteoir
15/11/2006, 11:19 AM
Not if we announced it at the IAG meeting. I thought that was the kind of thing they were looking for in off the field activities

all well and good announcing it - but your record on the field is what will deny you entry.

iceman
15/11/2006, 9:19 PM
So where is the money coming from then? - it cant be a grant because a grant paid for your pitch,

OneRedArmy
15/11/2006, 10:24 PM
Goodness you've lived a sheltered life if you think a submitted invoice is a genuine debt....and you've never studied accounting clearly.

DvB
16/11/2006, 8:04 AM
Every medium sized company and every single Government Department have filing cabinets full of unpaid invoices that are likely never to be paid.

Goodness you've lived a sheltered life if you think a submitted invoice is a genuine debt.

KOH

Well considering this invoice is a genuine debt & is DIRECTLY related to the developments taking place at Oriel Park i think it's a fair question asking will outstanding debts be paid up? Afterall if theres funding there to build there should be funds there to pay ALL debts relating to development works!

As a qualified professional dealing with contract/construction law daily i'd like to think i have a grasp on the way invoices work btw, if thats a sheltered life, well arent i the lucky one!

Koh

Magicme
16/11/2006, 8:06 AM
I love these "hotair makeyup stories" they speak of such desperation!

NY Hoop
16/11/2006, 1:27 PM
Every medium sized company and every single Government Department have filing cabinets full of unpaid invoices that are likely never to be paid.

Goodness you've lived a sheltered life if you think a submitted invoice is a genuine debt.

KOH

You live a sheltered life if you believe that to be true.

KOH

thomas
16/11/2006, 2:07 PM
It would make interesting reading if the licensing committee / IAG were to recieve a copy of the invoice, even better if it arrived a day after the statement that there's no economic issues on the horizon...

marley
16/11/2006, 2:33 PM
You gotta laugh at Rovers supporters. You have some neck slagging off our financial situation. Short memories and all that:rolleyes:

DvB
16/11/2006, 2:50 PM
You gotta laugh at Rovers supporters. You have some neck slagging off our financial situation. Short memories and all that:rolleyes:

And thats the best you can come up with?

Roll your eyes all you want, referring back to a situation we legally sorted out & progressed from doesnt really provide much of a defence in relation to your own financial matters now does it!? Maybe next time you get a bill why not just not bothering paying on the basis that someone else didnt pay a bill over a year ago, i wonder how that'd pan out!!?

Koh

Louth4sam
16/11/2006, 2:54 PM

Sure maybe we should build a stand and a few other things and when we get two million in debt get it written off like rovers did.

At the min we have no debts. It very easy someone coming on here saying i know someone that knows someone that is owed money by Dundalk. Where is your proof?

Louth4sam
16/11/2006, 2:56 PM
Lú4Sam - Does this mean that the youth facilites at the bouncy castle will be better than the senior facilities? Fairly impressive youth facilities but surely they will include all the teams?

As far as i know it is a youth development and coaching centre and the senior team will be using it also. As for the "bouncy castle", have you ever played on it? Its a great surface sure ask any of your players they loved playing on it when we last played you :(

Mr_Parker
16/11/2006, 2:58 PM
Hope this all comes off for Dundalk and one day they reclaim a spot in the top league. I used to travel down a lot for games when I was younger and still follow their fortunes closely.

Louth4sam
16/11/2006, 3:02 PM
I love these "hotair makeyup stories" they speak of such desperation!

I love the way the one and only member of the monaghan supporters club comes on and always tries to run down Dundalk FC. Your supporters club christmas party must be great craic. By the way have you any players worth signing seeing as your just a feeder club for Dundalk anyway

monutdfc
16/11/2006, 3:03 PM
At the min we have no debts. It very easy someone coming on here saying i know someone that knows someone that is owed money by Dundalk. Where is your proof?
If you want proof then here is a statement from your owner dated 11 July 2007, on your club website. Unless you paid off all your debts in record-breaking time then I think it's fair to say that you have debts:

Our main cost is the first team and it is produced at a loss. Every week our income which is generated by gate receipts, pitch rental, bars, sponsorship, advertising signs, lotto, fundraising, contributions from the Trust, Dublin Branch, Supporters Club and Travel Club etc fall far short of what it takes to meet our expenditure. Even before this season is finished I will have to put approximately 130,000 to meet the shortfall in expenses. This does not even include addressing any of our creditors. ..... There are two bills from bus companies amounting to 35,500. That is the equivalent of over 100 buses that the club have used and not paid for.

DvB
16/11/2006, 3:05 PM

Its ALOT closer than that!

seand
16/11/2006, 4:29 PM
All debts have been taken on my the new owner, so technically Dundalk FC are debt free. People are still owed money, but not by Dundalk FC.

An unpaid invoice? Shock horror! I'd heard of this new fangled "credit" but I didn't think it was so widespread!

WeAreRovers
16/11/2006, 4:57 PM
Having the same information as DvB has, I can tell you that Dundalk effectively lied to the IAG group but hey, they haven't a snowball's chance in hell of making the Big Boy's League, so who cares?

KOH

Dodge
16/11/2006, 5:16 PM
Having the same information as DvB has, I can tell you that Dundalk effectively lied to the IAG group
Is that the kind of initiative Delaney was looking for?

monutdfc
16/11/2006, 6:32 PM
All debts have been taken on my the new owner, so technically Dundalk FC are debt free. People are still owed money, but not by Dundalk FC.
You mean he has taken on the debts in a personal capacity?
Or simply that when he took over the club he took over the debts?

Magicme
17/11/2006, 9:56 AM
I love the way the one and only member of the monaghan supporters club comes on and always tries to run down Dundalk FC. Your supporters club christmas party must be great craic. By the way have you any players worth signing seeing as your just a feeder club for Dundalk anyway

Ha rite, u Dundalk guys crack me up. Was not running the club down and if u noticed of late I have behaved myself in that regard. Just think that its suspicious that this is coming up now when u r desperately trying to get into the big boys club.

Oh and am sure that any of our players that you are interested in have been spoken to months ago by your manager. Thats the way you get things done in bandit country isn't it?

seand
17/11/2006, 11:12 AM
As I understand it the new owner has taken over the debts or transferred them to another of his businesses. Technically DFC are debt-free, practically many people are owed mucho casho. I'm sure there is more than one club 'guilty' of creative accounting ahead of the IAG meetings.

Regarding tapping up, I doubt theres a manager in the league who's never spoken to a player in contract with another club. Sir Philly of Hughes has spoken openly about the fact that he's been talking to other clubs already.

Magicme
17/11/2006, 11:16 AM
Fair enough Seand. Doesnt surprise me bout Hughes. I think his ambition is to play for every club in the el.

Louth4sam
17/11/2006, 11:38 AM
Oh and am sure that any of our players that you are interested in have been spoken to months ago by your manager. Thats the way you get things done in bandit country isn't it?

Well acording to the bosman ruling that has been about since 1995 any manager can talk to any player that is in his last 6 months in his contract. Since most of your players are prob on one year contracts our manager could talk to anybody he liked. Its the same for any club

ciaraa
17/11/2006, 11:42 AM
Ha rite, u Dundalk guys crack me up. Was not running the club down and if u noticed of late I have behaved myself in that regard. Just think that its suspicious that this is coming up now when u r desperately trying to get into the big boys club.

Ha ha ...... bandit country.
Class!

passerrby
17/11/2006, 5:38 PM
is it true that Century homes park has been selected as a regional development center by the FAI if so great news, and a great coup for the club

Magicme
27/11/2006, 11:01 PM
Yeah Passerby whats the story on that....heard there was some planning permission sought at CHP now...god u miss a meeting or 2.....

green-blood
28/11/2006, 8:16 AM
ah dundalk, doing a Bohs, selling off their assets piecemeal to stay alive...

the new owner is delighted with your ex-training pitch real estate, his new community sports hall and all weather hockey pitch

everyone has debt, thatslife, its being able to pay it back that the difficult part.

Flawless
28/11/2006, 9:27 PM
Gerry Matthews, Buliderdeveloper/engineer, creator of the Millenium Bridge and Boardwalk on the Liffey in Dublin, ios the owner of Dundalk FC. Prior to him buying the club, he bought Hiney Park, the clubs then training pitch(Something you hoops wouldnt know about!). Upon his acquisition of the club, he acquired the clubs debts, debts which he can deal with whichever way he sees fit.

Case Study : Glazer Takeover of Man Yoo

Malcolm Glazer was up **** Creek in debt when he bought Utd, subsequently passed said debts on to Utd, saw Utd as an easier way of clearing said debts.

Dundalk, had (big)debts, GM felt/feels he can clear the debts quicker in another aspect of his business, which ultimately will leave him free to run the club at a profit.

It should also be noted that by buying the club, GM didnt by the land that Oriel is situated on, that belongs to The Casey Family(ie. Des Casey,UEFA Honorary Vice-President),so although it is on prime decelopment land ,can not be sold. So hes not gonna screw us over that way in the future.

Regarding the Development, this has always been in the pipeline, since thedemolition of the shed and TV Gantry and installation of Our FIFA 2* Surface.

Basically, Th Owner is a Builder who is Minted, and can afford to undertake this project.

What I cant understand is The 35,500 euro bill for buses!!, surely they could buy a bus for cheaper??

green-blood
28/11/2006, 10:31 PM
It should also be noted that by buying the club, GM didnt by the land that Oriel is situated on, that belongs to The Casey Family(ie. Des Casey,UEFA Honorary Vice-President),so although it is on prime decelopment land ,can not be sold. So hes not gonna screw us over that way in the future.

of course not, he LOVES dundalk doesn't he...

OneRedArmy
28/11/2006, 10:40 PM
Upon his acquisition of the club, he acquired the clubs debts, debts which he can deal with whichever way he sees fit.Not unless he acquired them with the creditors permission he can't.

See above from WaR and DvB. I can't be arsed explaining why, but he can't. Period.

Flawless
28/11/2006, 10:43 PM
of course not, he LOVES dundalk doesn't he...

Im not for one minute under any illisuion that GM loves the club, he even staed himself that he had no interest in Football prior to buying Dundalk, To him its business, something which he wont tolerate losses on! - PERIOD

Terry
29/11/2006, 7:58 AM
Im not for one minute under any illisuion that GM loves the club, he even staed himself that he had no interest in Football prior to buying Dundalk, To him its business, something which he wont tolerate losses on! - PERIOD

he'll be leaving fairly soon so, as everybody knows thats theres no profits in the LOI either -PERIOD!!!!:D

DvB
29/11/2006, 9:48 AM
Gerry Matthews, Buliderdeveloper/engineer, creator of the Millenium Bridge and Boardwalk on the Liffey in Dublin, ios the owner of Dundalk FC. Prior to him buying the club, he bought Hiney Park, the clubs then training pitch(Something you hoops wouldnt know about!). Upon his acquisition of the club, he acquired the clubs debts, debts which he can deal with whichever way he sees fit.

Case Study : Glazer Takeover of Man Yoo

Malcolm Glazer was up **** Creek in debt when he bought Utd, subsequently passed said debts on to Utd, saw Utd as an easier way of clearing said debts.

Dundalk, had (big)debts, GM felt/feels he can clear the debts quicker in another aspect of his business, which ultimately will leave him free to run the club at a profit.

Regarding the Development, this has always been in the pipeline, since thedemolition of the shed and TV Gantry and installation of Our FIFA 2* Surface.

Basically, Th Owner is a Builder who is Minted, and can afford to undertake this project.

What I cant understand is The 35,500 euro bill for buses!!, surely they could buy a bus for cheaper??

Actually i am fully up to speed in relation to the lands that DFC owned (Hiney Park) & leased from the Casey family (Oriel Park), Sean Connolly in his short time at the club briefed me in some detail as to the terms & situations of the ownership & lease details of both sites, to the best of my knowledge Hiney Park has since been sold (albeit to your current sugardaddy) to cover the expenditure of installing the new artificial pitch & associated works.
I'm also fully aware of the proposals for the development of Oriel Park, what i'm also sure of is that your sugardaddy owner despite being minted, despite 'rearranging' (whether that be legal or not) the clubs outstanding debts still appears to be in whatever shape manner or form avoiding paying the bills associated with developing Oriel Park!! An interesting fact conveniently ommitted from all the talk of great things happening at Oriel!

As for your bus bill, I'm not suprised after hearing many a gory detail from board members & employees of the club, its merely one of many unpaid bills, one of which will soon go down the legal route!!

Koh

eamoss
06/12/2006, 8:56 AM
The the plans are up for the Youth Development Centre!
http://www.dundalkfc.com/News/061207_YouthCentre.html

BohsFans
06/12/2006, 6:02 PM
The the plans are up for the Youth Development Centre!
http://www.dundalkfc.com/News/061207_YouthCentre.html

Nice! Built in terrace and media gantry out the front as well.

Are the dressing rooms being moved over that side of the ground as well?

Any time frame on the project?

Magicme
07/12/2006, 8:12 AM
Its funny how like the plans Monaghan have submitted to the FAI that the Dundalk ones are.....was someone in Louth snooping???

Dave drummerboy
07/12/2006, 2:38 PM
Re edit that as ive just got info . Work starting next summer and to be completed within 12 months .

bad mongo
07/12/2006, 3:09 PM
Re edit that as ive just got info . Work starting next summer and to be completed within 12 months .

I had a schooch over those plans and I'm sorry but I wouldn't be that confident about them securing the ongoing viability of DFC in Oriel Park in the long term.

They bear an almost uncanny resemblence to the Dalymount SC end proposals and most people with an interest would know how benevolent those plans turned out for Dalymount as a viable footballing venue.

Nice and handy that this facility needs an access road that on any other occasion would never get the go-ahead.

Sorry to be a pessimist, I hope all ground improvements work out for all clubs in the league but I would harbour suspicions on the motivations for this choice of development.

BohsFans
07/12/2006, 5:15 PM
I had a schooch over those plans and I'm sorry but I wouldn't be that confident about them securing the ongoing viability of DFC in Oriel Park in the long term.

They bear an almost uncanny resemblence to the Dalymount SC end proposals and most people with an interest would know how benevolent those plans turned out for Dalymount as a viable footballing venue.

Nice and handy that this facility needs an access road that on any other occasion would never get the go-ahead.

Sorry to be a pessimist, I hope all ground improvements work out for all clubs in the league but I would harbour suspicions on the motivations for this choice of development.

:eek:

Stay off the gargle for a while will ya?

They bear absolutely no resemblance to the Dalyer tramway end proposal. FACT!

Louth4sam
07/12/2006, 5:41 PM

There is already a laneway there that runs from the carrick road. It just needs to have tarmac laid. Havent seen the bohs plans or the monaghan plans so cant comment if they are similar