PDA

View Full Version : Arbitration Verdict - No Replay

Pages : [1] 2

Aaron
13/11/2006, 6:48 PM
Anyone know when its due? Hopefully soon, may make it after tonight if we win;)

Jerry The Saint
13/11/2006, 6:57 PM
Any replay would surely have to be played tomorrow or Wednesday:confused:

Unless the arbitrator decides to double up on Friday's game between Shels and Bohs and make it an actual six-pointer.:)

The Sheliban
13/11/2006, 7:14 PM
That's actually quite a good idea. Play the game for 4 quarters of 45 minutes each, with 2 sets of points awarded for a) halftime and b) full time.

If John Delaney's reading this, that was a joke.

monutdfc
13/11/2006, 7:27 PM
Tolka's not so far from Dalymount...the 2nd and 4th quarters could be played in Dalyer

OneRedArmy
13/11/2006, 8:10 PM
FAI will release decision tonight. Arbitrator provided it earlier today.

wws
13/11/2006, 8:16 PM
0-0 in waterford -looks less and less an issue

sonofstan
13/11/2006, 8:19 PM
Tolka's not so far from Dalymount...the 2nd and 4th quarters could be played in Dalyer

Better again .... simultaneous matches - not sure if we could field two teams though

OneRedArmy
13/11/2006, 8:27 PM
0-0 in waterford -looks less and less an issueImpeccable FAI timing.

Fingers crossed in Merrion Square that Derry don't score...

Gareth
13/11/2006, 8:44 PM
too late

iceman
13/11/2006, 8:46 PM
Ferran just scored in injury time!!

Schumi
13/11/2006, 8:47 PM
I think I hear Delaney cursing from here. :D

iceman
13/11/2006, 8:53 PM
Arbitrator has to call it now.

Raheny Red
13/11/2006, 9:23 PM
Any latest updates?

EnDai
13/11/2006, 9:24 PM
Aye. Noone's heard nowt.

Ronnie
14/11/2006, 9:02 AM
Better again .... simultaneous matches - not sure if we could field two teams though

Shels could play two of their amateur teams, seeing as they seem to have dispensed with the need for paying players!

OneRedArmy
14/11/2006, 9:17 AM
Can anyone give a credible reason for why the FAI have withheld the arbitrators ruling which was given to them yesterday evening?

Shels and Bohs were theoretically the only parties involved in the arbitration so presumably they will hear first.

sonofstan
14/11/2006, 9:47 AM
Just been posted on our board - original league decision upheld; 3 point deduction for us, no replay no 3 points for Shels (no source given either, but us and shels were to be informed first, so I take it its from inside Bohs)

bohs til i die
14/11/2006, 9:47 AM
decision made, original decision stands

Mr A
14/11/2006, 9:48 AM
Woohoo!

fbtn
14/11/2006, 9:48 AM
Great stuff.

At least it will be won on the field.

Mr A
14/11/2006, 9:49 AM
See http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1428

EL 2-1 FAI

One last victory for the league before disbanding I guess, but this whole thing has been very ominous for the future.

dcfcsteve
14/11/2006, 9:54 AM
A victory for commnn sense and, more importantly, the rule book ! A defeat for incompetence, making rules up, and bullying your way in football.

Unfortunately I don't think it'll make any difference to the destination of the title, but at least a decent decision has been made for a change. Makes Friday all the more exciting for everyone as well.

Jerry The Saint
14/11/2006, 9:59 AM
A victory for commnn sense and, more importantly, the rule book ! A defeat for incompetence, making rules up, and bullying your way in football.

It's worrying that all clubs voted to give power to the organisation of incompetence, making rules up, bullying, and 6-year contracts for John Delaney. :(

wws
14/11/2006, 10:01 AM
lads it was NEVER going to be anything else - the anomaly lies with the inclusion of two bodies that people could appeal to - both with independent sets of rules

ppl who got their knickers in a knot over this should look back at their previous posts and cringe

OneRedArmy
14/11/2006, 10:07 AM
lads it was NEVER going to be anything else - the anomaly lies with the inclusion of two bodies that people could appeal to - both with independent sets of rules

ppl who got their knickers in a knot over this should look back at their previous posts and cringeIt was a done deal when a legal eagle was appointed as arbitrator as the rules were clear.

I wouldn't have had the same confidence had a sports administrator (from whatever sport) been appointed instead.

desaintsno.12
14/11/2006, 10:08 AM
delighted.the right decision. just cant see ollie leaving at this, does he have other options ?

Poor Student
14/11/2006, 10:10 AM
delighted.the right decision. just cant see ollie leaving at this, does he have other options ?

A week or two ago in the papers he was talking about Derry playing Hargan for three games while the issue of his suspension was ambiguous which he claims is against the rules and he said he'd be persuing it. There's also the Dublin City issue maybe?:confused:

gufct
14/11/2006, 10:11 AM
delighted could be the end of the road for shels. Feel sorry for their fans but olly is and always was an absolute bully who has used every trick in the book to make them the most hated team in Ireland.

Dodge
14/11/2006, 10:14 AM
Hopefully Ollie will challenge the decision in court and the league (and cup final are delayed by at least two weeks...)

bohs til i die
14/11/2006, 10:15 AM
delighted could be the end of the road for shels. Feel sorry for their fans but olly is and always was an absolute bully who has used every trick in the book to make them the most hated team in Ireland.

how could this be the end of Shels?

If they win the league they land 400k in prize money and CL gates.

Jerry The Saint
14/11/2006, 10:16 AM
how could this be the end of Shels?

If they win the league they land 400k in prize money and CL gates.

and if they don't....:eek:

:D

NY Hoop
14/11/2006, 10:34 AM
http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1428

The right decision. Although a replay wouldnt make much difference as the league is over now anyway.

KOH

Peadar
14/11/2006, 10:39 AM
Although a replay wouldnt make much difference as the league is over now anyway.

How do you figure that out then?
Either Derry or Shels can win the league on Friday.

bohsmug
14/11/2006, 10:40 AM

The right decision. Although a replay wouldnt make much difference as the league is over now anyway.

KOH

Eh how?

Peadar
14/11/2006, 10:43 AM
If drogs finish above us, I'll be rowing in right behind Ollie on the Dublin City issue.

ciaraa
14/11/2006, 11:01 AM

KOH

Maths not your strong point?

OneRedArmy
14/11/2006, 11:01 AM
If drogs finish above us, I'll be rowing in right behind Ollie on the Dublin City issue.If at first you don't succeed etc.

The Dublin City issue is a red herring.

There is much more global precedent for points being erased rather than awarded for matches not played.

Fortunately/unfortunately Shels are dying and an animal is most dangerous right before it dies.

Expect Ollie to take this to the Courts under any excuse he can dream up, as he and his club are finished otherwise.

dcfcsteve
14/11/2006, 11:06 AM
and if they don't....:eek:

:D

It's theirs to lose, and no disrespect to Bohs - but I can't see their current squad stopping a title-determined Shels at tolka on Friday.

Funnier things have happened, but I really do think it's too big an ask for a club who have zero to play for.

If only Connors could've had Friday as his first game in-charge :(

dcfcsteve
14/11/2006, 11:09 AM
If at first you don't succeed etc.

The Dublin City issue is a red herring.

There is much more global precedent for points being erased rather than awarded for matches not played.

Fortunately/unfortunately Shels are dying and an animal is most dangerous right before it dies.

Expect Ollie to take this to the Courts under any excuse he can dream up, as he and his club are finished otherwise.

Only if they lose the league though.

If there was a major shock on Friday and Shels missed out on the title, I think that's when we'd see Ollie's true colours emerge.

He'd happily pull the house of cards that is the EL down around him in desparate search of one final pyrrhic victory for his shabby little club.

Peadar
14/11/2006, 11:15 AM
So long as we beat Derry 0-2, I'll be happy and Ollie can do what he likes.

dcfcsteve
14/11/2006, 11:21 AM
So long as we beat Derry 0-2, I'll be happy and Ollie can do what he likes.

If you langers beat Derry then I'll be beating you over the head with a mallet on Cup Final weekend.......! :D

Peadar
14/11/2006, 11:29 AM
If you langers beat Derry then I'll be beating you over the head with a mallet on Cup Final weekend.......! :D

You'll be sleeping on the street so then. Actually, knowing you and your Cup Final routine, you'll probably go to Slappers and pick up some minger, the night before. :D

We have to look out for No. 1 so I'll be rooting for a 0-2 minimum win for us on Friday. That's football.

pete
14/11/2006, 11:37 AM
Decision was the only logical one to make. Replaying the game would have opened too many other issues. As Ollie presumably agreed to the Arbitrator he can't pursue this any longer.

I presume Ollie will move onto the Hargan suspension now & maybe have a go at Arbitration on that one too.

If Shels cannot beat Bohs they don't deserve to win the league but don't suppose that really matters anyway.

BohDiddley
14/11/2006, 11:53 AM
Funnier things have happened, but I really do think it's too big an ask for a club who have zero to play for.
Do you really think motivation will be a problem? In a disastrous season, this is the only thing we have left to play for.
We have to be realistic that we have half a first team left, if that, and with no striker. But this is still a cup game. What could be sweeter than the oh-so-slim possibility of denying Shels the title?

OneRedArmy
14/11/2006, 11:56 AM
Do you really think motivation will be a problem? In a disastrous season, this is the only thing we have left to play for.
We have to be realistic that we have half a first team left, if that, and with no striker. But this is still a cup game. What could be sweeter than the oh-so-slim possibility of denying Shels the title?I've read reports that your fans will boycott Tolka and watch the match in the bar in Dalyer instead?

wws
14/11/2006, 11:57 AM
shels lost a league title to Dundalk (already relegated) - and went into the game on greater goal difference than today

ive no doubt bohs could beat shels if tehy tried

NY Hoop
14/11/2006, 12:01 PM
Apologies was looking at the FAI website earlier and they hadnt updated the table. Hope Derry win it but cant see boez doing anything friday.

KOH

JC_GUFC
14/11/2006, 12:02 PM
Had Cork not lost in Bray there would be 3 teams level on points going into the final match of the season! :eek:

Shels will surely beat Bohs but this mess has taken away from yet another exciting title race in the eircom league.

If Cork can make up 9 on GD against Shels they still have a chance, too many draws has cost them as they have lost fewer games than both Derry & Shels.

wws
14/11/2006, 12:05 PM
......and they only discovered Roy O Donovan could play centre fw late in the season......incompetence on a stauntonesque scale by Rico

BohsFans
14/11/2006, 12:09 PM
Does anyone know could Michael Collins have ruled against the Bohs 3 point deduction (original)? Or was he just listening to submissions re, FAI 'fair play'?